Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 07:35 PM   #3151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Hey y'all, I'm trying to catch up after bagging Mom at the airport last night and trying to get a routine down where I can work and she's not bored. The kittens are keeping her busy

Al, I hope you partied like rock stars, I know we do when we're together. Your comment on gaining while meatless really cracked me up that's all I did was gain!

Gwn good luck with the cheesecake and have a blast at the shore!

Nerm, so happy for you, rock on!

Sharon, creep away! You go, girl!!!!!!!!!

Kam hang in there it will happen!

Attit, keep us posted and stop by more often!

Denise had a salad with Mom today it was HUGE! (like good, not enormous) keep on keepin it on!

Everyone else hang in there and we're all doing great.

BB when I can juggling Mom and DH and work for the next two weeks so forgive me if I'm not around!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2010, 07:41 PM   #3152
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Craving Alert! Craving Alert!!! Hubby made a Digiorno Supreme pizza. Darn him....He's eating it right now...a few seats next to me....Im snarling at him......all I want is that pizza...so I'm here instead. Keeping my fingers busy like IM2 would suggest.

Man this sucks.

Menu today:
1 tuna pouch (5 oz.)
1 chicken breast
3 chicken tenderloins (minus a few bites my daughter wanted)
lots of black coffee
5 bottles of CL, and a few sips of water.

She said..."Mommy, is chicken protein?" Yes sweetie. It sure is!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:46 PM   #3153
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey IM2- Sounds like that chicken salad hit the spot! Dont feel bad about skipping the banquet, you are there for them in every other way!!!! You are a great Mom!!! and dont you forget it!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:47 PM   #3154
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Now . . she has one rockin voice. . I'd love to see her. . but will never happen. .
Christinas got the voice, but Britney got the performance!

OMG, he just grabbed another peice!!! UGH!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #3155
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
I don't know why, but I kind of like this idea.
About eating the same thing.... I think I could eat exactly what you eat, but I could never do the 12 mile ride!!!!

BTW, I ran after my son on his bike tonight!!! Oh yeah..Im determined again!! But Im still grouchy and craving.... Im almost done with Day 1!!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:56 PM   #3156
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Bahahahaha! I am thinking Al hopes she is not at 216 in no time! heh, sorry, I caught that and couldn't help but chuckle.
I didnt even catch that! That'll be one big whoosh tomorrow when I hop on the scale. lookin forward to it now!!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:58 PM   #3157
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi everyone! Okay... stopped at the grocery store and picked up the rest of the items I needed for cheesecake. Oh man, I don't know what I got myself into with this. Water bath? Different setting for a gas stove? I have no light or window to this stove so I can't check on it and if I do, I might crack it?? Crack the oven door open and let the cheesecake cool for one hour?? I can't believe people actually like baking, with all this work!!!
Ive never done cheesecake!! Those directions are quite frightening!!! I did make the Pumpkin Bake from this board that was kinda cheesecake like. It was very ugly but tasted great!!!

Good luck in the kitchen!!! No licking the spoon!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #3158
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise In NY View Post
Wow, I love when we are quite the chatty bunch! I spent my day off mostly outside. Now it is pouring out! This weather is crazy. Yesterday it was 92, today is only in the 60's and windy and now pouring. I added veggies to my diet today. Cucumbers, olives, and lettuce. I even kicked butt on my shake weight and did 20 minutes of dancing around my house. Memorial Day is Monday, is everyone sticking on plan?
Great job with the shakin and dancin!!! You Got the Right Stuff!!!!!

Is the scale being kind with the veggies and apples? If I can eat them and still lose, I may be joing you girls.... (or is that the crazy cravings talking?) Either way it sounds fabulous!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #3159
Blabbermouth!!!

Hiya CC!!!! Have a great time!! dont do anything I wouldnt do!! I dont know if I missed it before but your siggy is hilarious!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:11 PM   #3160
Blabbermouth!!!

nitey night!!! heres hoping I dont sleepwalk to the kitchen tonight!!! If Im gonna eat it, I want to at least remember it!!!!

Did anyone ever wake up with burps, and wonder what the heck you ate in the middle of the night. Hasnt happened to me in ages, but it has happened...OK..thats weird...

Signing off..
Old 05-27-2010, 08:20 PM   #3161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Al, is DH done with that pizza yet? I had a friend stay over yesterday and he ordered a whole pizza and asked me if I wanted some and I said no way. Honestly, it didn't look that good... Now the garden salad he ordered, I was definitely salivating over that. I am definitely going to have some salads this weekend!

Okay guys... The cheesecakes are in the oven!! *wipes sweat from brow* I kinda sorta feel like I got a workout making those, since my mixer decided to burn out early in the beginning of making them!! Oh yes... there was lots of hand mixing!! That just made me hate the whole process even more!! Ugh. I made one SF chocolate chip and a strawberry cheesecake, both are Cheri's recipes that I got in the recipe room and they both have almond flour crusts. I am not going to tell anyone they are sugar free until after they eat them. Gosh, I hope they turn out well! Since the carbs are pretty low, I am planning on definitely have a few tiny slices. I find that with rich things like cheesecake, all it takes is a tiny bit! Of course, it'll probably get my cravings going since I never eat sweet stuff like that anymore! I will definitely let you know how they turn out though I won't get to try them until tomorrow! But hey, a better alternative to a full sugar, high carb blizzard

So it's lightening and pouring out now... No bike ride And I don't feel like aerobics so I'm just gonna put my laundry in the washer and relax. If I can get up early, I will go for a ride in the morning.

Menu today:
B: 2 HB eggs, Coffee
L: 6-7ozs grilled chicken
D: Chicken Soup w/ 8ozs ground chicken

Tomorrow I start my high fat day and I am telling you now, I plan on having wings and a chef salad!! Also, I've prepared myself by telling myself I will have gained 5lbs come Monday and man I hope it's not more!

CC, have fun w/ mom! Check in when you can... we'll all be here

Okay... laundry calls!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 05-27-2010, 09:10 PM   #3162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

5 minutes and counting and my apartment smells amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *big sloppy drool* Seriously, I wish I could IM you all a slice or at least a whiff!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #3163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

okay, my cheesecakes have muffin tops, much like I did when I started low carbing. And they cracked.... BUT they still look and smell amazing!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #3164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
hey guys! sorry it took so long to check in! i skimmed through the posts Al its good to see ya again! There sure is a lot more to read when your on! lol.. thats a good thing! wtg to the losers!

I had my Docs appointment and my blood wk came bk amazing! my cholesterol was at 35! my doc said wow i only see cholesterol that low in children! it needs to be under 200 whew.. yay! my good cholesterol was in the normal range. she of coarse took credit for the good results and the 3 pounds i had lost in a week. I just smiled and said yup! I will get that referral for my tummy tuck... he he he.. she said just keep doing what your doing and everything will be fine.. if she only knew!

i am really good about taking vitamins and drinking a ton of fluids each day. I do sometimes end up going for fattier meats, but when my tuna arrives.. i will be on a tuna kick! yay!

well gn all! will ttyl!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:47 PM   #3165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
okay, my cheesecakes have muffin tops, much like I did when I started low carbing. And they cracked.... BUT they still look and smell amazing!
Just like you, they will deflate and be wonderful. I make Certified New York Cheesecake all the time with Splenda and either almonds or hazelnuts for crusts. Need to make one again!! You got me hungry for cheesecake. Those frozen mixed berries are nice for topping, and pretty low carb.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:48 PM   #3166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Lisa, you rock! Stupid doctor, I can't wait til your tuck is done and you tell her what you did!
Old 05-28-2010, 02:49 AM   #3167
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hey!!!! OK, this is crazy. We are in Venice!!! Got here @ 5 PM after 24 hours of travel. Exhausted! But took a quick shower and headed out. Had dinner under the Rialto Bridge at a favorite out door restaurant right on the water. Ended up dancing to awesome live music in San Marcos Square @ midnight!!!

This is like a wonderful dream and I love it. We are only going to buy Internet service for 2 of the 8 days here because it's expensive but DH wants to keep in touch with his office a little bit.

So, I'm popping in while he is brushing his teeth and then we are off to see the city!

Hope you are all doing well, and, hey, don't be jealous!!! Well, OK, be a little bit jealous. heeee--heeee!!!

Hugs!!

P.S. I will probably gain weight!!! Not easy to stick to plan, although breakfast was scrambled eggs and meat! Yay! So, I'm sticking to it when I can and not worrying about it otherwise! Plenty of time for that when I get home!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 05-28-2010, 03:34 AM   #3168
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Thanks for the kind words GWN. 10.20am here in London...just had my Haddock and poached eggs...very nice indeed. The Sun is trying to come out here. Missing Barcelona and the beach...oh well back to reality, time to get on with the housework. Can I ask if many of you lose better without AS on Stillman's? Or does it not make much of a difference? I know whilst doing Atkins AS was a problem for me but it did not seem to be a problem when I did the South Beach Diet. I guess it is different for everyone.
Happy Dayz
Makeme x
Old 05-28-2010, 04:07 AM   #3169
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ATTLASTT
Stats: 184/189/154
WOE: STILLMANS
Start Date: SEPT 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Mini goal is to lose one pound before the end of May. That wound give me a total of 40 pounds in 2.5 months.

Sharon

WOW!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 04:25 AM   #3170
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Don't forget the whipped cream (heavy whipping cream and splenda) to cover the cracks! Unless you are going with the berries. Heck. Why not use both!! I think you should put it on after you slice it for a beautiful presentation! Definitely let us know how it turns out!!
Old 05-28-2010, 04:27 AM   #3171
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post

I had my Docs appointment and my blood wk came bk amazing! my cholesterol was at 35! my doc said wow i only see cholesterol that low in children! it needs to be under 200 whew.. yay! my good cholesterol was in the normal range. she of coarse took credit for the good results and the 3 pounds i had lost in a week. I just smiled and said yup! I will get that referral for my tummy tuck... he he he.. she said just keep doing what your doing and everything will be fine.. if she only knew!
What great news Lisa!!!! 35 is just... WOW!!! and 3 pounds in a week is also a WOW!!! Thats right girl. Keep doing what you are doing!!
Old 05-28-2010, 04:28 AM   #3172
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Just like you, they will deflate and be wonderful. I make Certified New York Cheesecake all the time with Splenda and either almonds or hazelnuts for crusts. Need to make one again!! You got me hungry for cheesecake. Those frozen mixed berries are nice for topping, and pretty low carb.
Ok. You'll have to share your recipe too! I want a hazelnut crust!!
Old 05-28-2010, 04:29 AM   #3173
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Hey!!!! OK, this is crazy. We are in Venice!!! Got here @ 5 PM after 24 hours of travel. Exhausted! But took a quick shower and headed out. Had dinner under the Rialto Bridge at a favorite out door restaurant right on the water. Ended up dancing to awesome live music in San Marcos Square @ midnight!!!
Jealous! Yes! Over here! Yam, your trip sounds amazing. Have a wonderful time and dont worry about a thing til you get back! We know the secret to take off that vacation weight quick!
Old 05-28-2010, 04:34 AM   #3174
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Thanks for the kind words GWN. just had my Haddock and poached eggs...very nice indeed. The Sun is trying to come out here. Missing Barcelona and the beach...oh well back to reality, time to get on with the housework. Can I ask if many of you lose better without AS on Stillman's? Or does it not make much of a difference?
Hi Makeme!!! welcome to Day 1!!!! I've never tried haddock. Hope it was good!! I can't say I lose better with or without the AS cause Ive never really been off of it for too long, but I still get results! You could try giving up a few things at a time and if your not seeing the results you want, then it may have to go. Keep checking in. If your cravings were like mine yesterday, you are gonna need us!! and we need you!! Today is day 2 for me!
Old 05-28-2010, 04:39 AM   #3175
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Peeps! I survived!!! I feel great today and the scale was nice to me. Not changing stats yet because I want to see that gain everytime I post so I don't mess up anymore than I already have!

So the plan is...one bottle of h2o for every bottle of CL. Coffee is to be black. I will get out and walk a few times today (looks be-u-ti-ful out there!!!)

The menu will be tuna and turkey. Its written in stone now. Gonna make it happen!
Old 05-28-2010, 04:46 AM   #3176
Blabbermouth!!!

makeme!!!!

It's so nice to "see" you! Very pretty!!!

How much do you want to lose? You sure look like a tiny thing!
Old 05-28-2010, 04:54 AM   #3177
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
makeme!!!!

It's so nice to "see" you! Very pretty!!!

How much do you want to lose? You sure look like a tiny thing!
Thank you. I took the pic on my 40th birthday and I am, well lets just say more than a little typsy. Oh how the camera lies...I have well over 40lbs to lose...in fact more like 50. I weigh nearly 14 stone.:blush: I just changed the pic because I thought my nose looked big...lol Your av is cool...is it you?

Last edited by makemeslim; 05-28-2010 at 04:58 AM..
Old 05-28-2010, 05:13 AM   #3178
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Your av is cool...is it you?
I wish! Its Lady Gaga!!
Old 05-28-2010, 05:20 AM   #3179
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I wish! Its Lady Gaga!!
I thought it might be her but was not sure.:blush:
Old 05-28-2010, 06:29 AM   #3180
Major LCF Poster!

Is Salmon ok on QWL? I was just rereading the sticky and it says lean fish only. I've just cooked some salmon and realised it's probably not ok. Gonna eat it anyway...too expensive to waste.
Closed Thread