Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #3031
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
i cooked up ground turkey and beef tonight. I just combined the two and threw in some blk pepper and garlic powder.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2010, 02:06 AM   #3032
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Christine, you crack me up "falling off the wagon into pigout sty"

Lisa, hope you doc appointment goes well. Usually even with atkins cholestoral levels drop, and you're not even eating that much fat so I'm sure you'll have some positive feedback.

IM2, don't worry, drink water and distract yourself from the cravings. You'll feel so much better for not eating the unmentionables.

Gwn and GT, wowzer, you two exercise so much! I only walk 2 miles a day (sometimes 4 when I go to work twice a day on Mondays and Wednesdays). I remember when I started this job 9 months ago, that walk would make me sweat and arrive bright red in the face. I think June may be the month to commit to some exercise.... Sooooo don't want to. But you guys inspire me to get my arse in gear.

How is everyone else today?

I am a happy happy person today as my whinging paid off and I'm down to 209.8 today. I'm one day ahead of goal too! So now onto my next one.

Goal 2: 205lbs by Saturday 5th June.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:22 AM   #3033
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi Everyone!!! Just wanted to say HI!!!!! and I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!! Mom was with me all week and I have been partying like a rock star every night. Back to work and back to reality. I've got a lot of catching up to do...all the way back to page 95!!! Hope all is well and you're making your goals come true!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 04:31 AM   #3034
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Hi AL! Great to see you back again!
Old 05-27-2010, 05:09 AM   #3035
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
Nermo, I'll bet you are here in a day or two. It does feel good, it feels awesome, but I only had to lose 13 pounds to get to 199, you have lost an amazing amount to get to 200. You should be proud. I wish we could give you a stillmans group party. You deserve it.
:blush::blush::blush: Thnx, Now this is why I keep posting here! You guys are so amazng!

Still at 200.something LOL!!! I am still sticking to plan-

Listen to this my boss called saw me today and said "HEY SKINNY" I am not skinny yet but it sure felt good hearing that! I was told by a couple of people today at work that I am the talk of the school! They are guessing maybe I had a "Liposuction op" LOL I wish !!!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 06:04 AM   #3036
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
:blush::blush::blush: Thnx, Now this is why I keep posting here! You guys are so amazng!

Listen to this my boss called saw me today and said "HEY SKINNY" I am not skinny yet but it sure felt good hearing that! I was told by a couple of people today at work that I am the talk of the school! They are guessing maybe I had a "Liposuction op" LOL I wish !!!!!
Its those small vicotories in life that make it Great!! I would be doing the happy dance if I were you. You certainly deserve it. .
Old 05-27-2010, 06:05 AM   #3037
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al!
Old 05-27-2010, 06:13 AM   #3038
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Denise In NY
Stats: 211/196/160 - 15 lbs. lost!
WOE: DWoe
Start Date: May 17, 2010
Good morning everyone! Im2fat, did you find your beloved shake weight? My sister has been using mine, but I make sure she does not misplace it. I have been mixing up my diet a little bit here and there. I was on a green apple kick lately. Tom is on his way and I think I have been craving sweet/sour apples. I'm having my coffee right now and I'm thinking of sticking to just salads today. I have a greek salad waiting for me in the fridge as we speak. Cloudy day here in NY. Hope all my losers have a good, happy day today!
God allows us to experience the low points of life in order to teach us lessons we could not learn in any other way. The way we learn those lessons is not to deny the feelings but to find the meanings underlying them. GW
Old 05-27-2010, 06:14 AM   #3039
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm thinking I need to cycle or something. .Is anyone doing the 14 day diet? I started it one other time but went back to QWL when I started having cravings.. of course .I'm still craving right now so I'm thinking of trying it for awhile. I really miss my veggies. .and it might give me a whole new outlook on things. . I'll post my menu to keep me accountable. I am on day 3 of no pop, CL and very limited coffee. . I even dumped my cup today and switched to hot tea. .Mmm. peppermint - no caffiene. Do you think my lack of caffiene could be causing my cravings? Hadn't thought about that until I just typed it? MMmm.. Wonder.. wonder. .

By the way, My Mammo came back normal and I've made my other appointment. (see, Al. . I do listen. . just takes me awhile .) I can't get in to see her until July ,. .so I plan to be as skinny as crap by then. .

By the way. . my tilapia that I marinated in lemon pepper and grilled was soo good I'm gonna go buy the store out today. I can't believe I'm eating it cold and for breakfast. . can't help myself it is delish!
Old 05-27-2010, 06:57 AM   #3040
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think I'm replacing tuna with tilapa. . I can't believe how mild it is and no one in my office is giving me funny looks for eating it!!

No, Denise. .have not found my shake weight yet. . I forgot to ask them last night. . darn kids..

I'm making my list to go to the store and reviewing all "diets".. the biggest difference in the 14 day diet (that I will incorporate) is 1 cup of veggies at lunch and 1 cup at supper. . I'm just dreaming of all the magical ways I can use them to my advantage. . Fajita meat. . lettuce wraps. .cabbage casserole. . O yum. .soup.. I gotta find a good cabbage soup recipe. . I'm excited and actually looking forward to it. .I will not be adding the milk or fake bread and I will probably skip the cottage cheese . .Im still not a big fan. . I wish I knew if the 2% was allowed. It would seem like it would be better than cottage cheese . considering it wasn't around when he wrote the book. I'm thinking a little can't hurt. .Anyone else use it? I will limit it to no more than 4 oz and not every day .

That inches off diet looks like it could get me into big, big trouble. After this last 20 are off. .I really want to lean toward South Beach but I'm afraid the board won't be as nice as our. . O well. .I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I'm excited! I'm gonna do this and I think I'm going to buy a big huge cucumber for lunch to celebrate!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:16 AM   #3041
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Denise In NY
Stats: 211/196/160 - 15 lbs. lost!
WOE: DWoe
Start Date: May 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I think I'm replacing tuna with tilapa. . I can't believe how mild it is and no one in my office is giving me funny looks for eating it!!

No, Denise. .have not found my shake weight yet. . I forgot to ask them last night. . darn kids..

I'm making my list to go to the store and reviewing all "diets".. the biggest difference in the 14 day diet (that I will incorporate) is 1 cup of veggies at lunch and 1 cup at supper. . I'm just dreaming of all the magical ways I can use them to my advantage. . Fajita meat. . lettuce wraps. .cabbage casserole. . O yum. .soup.. I gotta find a good cabbage soup recipe. . I'm excited and actually looking forward to it. .I will not be adding the milk or fake bread and I will probably skip the cottage cheese . .Im still not a big fan. . I wish I knew if the 2% was allowed. It would seem like it would be better than cottage cheese . considering it wasn't around when he wrote the book. I'm thinking a little can't hurt. .Anyone else use it? I will limit it to no more than 4 oz and not every day .

That inches off diet looks like it could get me into big, big trouble. After this last 20 are off. .I really want to lean toward South Beach but I'm afraid the board won't be as nice as our. . O well. .I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I'm excited! I'm gonna do this and I think I'm going to buy a big huge cucumber for lunch to celebrate!
You go girl!! Veggies can't hurt at all. Esp greens!! Good luck! I might start with you! I miss my veggies, I have a greek salad in my fridge, I took out the tomatoes (not a big fan) and there are olives, cucumbers, and feta cheese in it! Gonna add some ACV and have that for dinner! I hope you find your SW soon!! I'm starting to notice a little difference!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:27 AM   #3042
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:

My doctor wanted me to try South Beach, said the food choices are better than Atkins. She doesn't know I'm doing Stillmans rotation but I think she would be okay with the rotation. I did a few days at a time last summer and it worked so well, she was okay with that. Not that I care! Right LisaRenee? We know our bodies better than anyone and have to find the WOE that works. As for the SB group not being supportive, that is a BIG factor. I would have done what I'm doing now (and losing!) last summer if I had this board then. For some of us, support is a lifeline! It also keeps me accountable. My feeling, although I don't know you very well, is that you need the accountability, too. Go introduce yourself to support groups at the diet plans you are considering, so you can feel them out and see if you will get the support you need.

You wouldn't abandon us if you tried another WOE, would you???

I love the way you celebrate!! Big cucumber for lunch!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:53 AM   #3043
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps! A quick hello! Been busy!
Congrats on all the losses--and no cheats-good work girls and boy!!

Lisa-good luck at the Dr.

Im2-I'm glad (obviously) your mammo came back clear--and don't worry when you're on SB we'll just change the thread!!! We can't lose you!

Nermo-that is wonderful-that must have been so good to hear--remember that feeling if there's ever a temptation lurking!!

Al-great you had a brilliant time with your Mum-I miss mine

Denise-keep shaking it!

Bigbass-cute doggie-and congrats on onederland!!

Gwn-your picks are still inspiring me! You look fabulous!

Christine-can't even pronounce that food but it sounds good!(licking my lips)

Kamills-WTG on the loss!

Atitagain-keep checking in!

Ok gotta go do some work now!!
Menu yesterday was 2HB eggs and ground turkey and exercise was 3hrs on the bike.--yeah won't be getting that in today!! BBL

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 05-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #3044
Blabbermouth!!!

OK.....I read through all the pages and I just have to stop and comment on how awesome Gwn looks. Girl, you have made such an amazing transformation and I am so happy for you and so impressed with your results. I know it wasnt easy and your hard work really shows!!! We really can be so hard on ourselves so I hope you realize that everyone of us sees you the way you cant see yourself- YOU LOOK GREAT!!! YOU ARE HOT!!!! and we know you are determined to get even HOTTER!!! sizzle...sizzle...

I know you were planning on having an "off plan" weekend and I really think you should enjoy it, but plan...it....out. Try to keep portions under control. That, for me, is the toughest part. When eating a forbidden food after months, its like our taste buds go crazy and we cant stop! Dont let this happen. Stop before you are stuffed. Sample, Sample, Sample, and then get right back to business come Monday. We will be here to cheer you on! Of course, you could take another route and skip the non-meat foods all together and JUST DRINK!! You are doing soooo good and I dont want to see whats happening to me happen to you. (thats my in the closet confession...Im up....way up...more truth to follow...)
Old 05-27-2010, 10:32 AM   #3045
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2 - So I hear you are considering switching plans, eh? Maybe not a bad idea! Of course, you wont be allowed to change support groups, but plans, yes! Your body needs to be shakin up. I have no clue why meat only doesnt work for you, so it needs a shaking!! I think you should get that new scale, pick another "stillman" plan, and try it out. (I am willing to try it out too, but not until I reach 113 again. I am gonna give it my QWL "all" over the next few weeks, and then carefully plan out the next step, which will probably be the "inches off". No more free for alls for me. I do not do good with out a plan.) The good doctor does say to switch the plans up, but to remain on each for "at least" a week before changing. This is the time needed for our bodies to adjust to the way its burning.

I like that you switched tuna for tilapia! Sounds yummy! and great job cutting out the sodas, CL, and dwindling down the coffee to one cup! That is really fabulous!!!! Really!! I dont know anyone thats worked as hard as you and still continue to work at it even though the results dont show up. So lets try something new and find out what does work!

PS- I like the elastic band idea!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #3046
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
I'll be planting zuchinni today. My Swiss Chard and basil got washed away by the Nashville Flood so I will have to replant that too. What are you putting in?
Hi Christine!!
Ive been the diligent gardener this week! (and got lots of exercise too - cant move my legs or arms and my hands are even sore!) I planted tomatoes, jalapenos, red hot cheery peppers, and for herbs its basil, oregano, and cilantro!!! Its a small garden, but I think I did a really good job for once. I removed all the dirt and rocks and refilled with good soil. I even put the weed preventer plastic down and cut out holes for all my plants. Something new I never did was to put mulch down. The garden look really pretty. Good luch with your zuccini!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #3047
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I planted tomatoes, jalapenos, red hot cheery peppers, and for herbs its basil, oregano, and cilantro!!!
just to quote myself for a sec...see why Im gonna need the Inches Off in a few weeks!!! How can I tend to a garden everyday and not eat the fruits of labor!!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #3048
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hi Christine!!
Ive been the diligent gardener this week! (and got lots of exercise too - cant move my legs or arms and my hands are even sore!) I planted tomatoes, jalapenos, red hot cheery peppers, and for herbs its basil, oregano, and cilantro!!! Its a small garden, but I think I did a really good job for once. I removed all the dirt and rocks and refilled with good soil. I even put the weed preventer plastic down and cut out holes for all my plants. Something new I never did was to put mulch down. The garden look really pretty. Good luch with your zuccini!!!
ACKKKK! I couldn't find the seeds! Gary built a mound and all that for them.... Then I could not remember where I put the freakin seeds!

Your garden sounds amazing! Mine has been downsized because I got tired of not eating the fruits of my labor! Also, it's hot here in TN and no one wanted to go out and weed it or even pick the veggies. I used to mulch, but we've been kind of broke lately (laid off) and were too cheap to spend money on it. We do have tomatoes (bearing already!) and pepper plants. I have a pretty good size herb garden. I'll go out and get me a zuchinni PLANT today.

Welcome back, don't be too hard on yourself for the UPS gremlin visiting you. You'll get rid of it.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:02 AM   #3049
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post

Nermo you need to post some before and after pictures! You truly are an inspiration. 72 pounds in 4 months is AMAZING.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #3050
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
The scale is CREEPING to ONEDERLAND......down .5 pounds today. So frustrating but good at the same time.

Mini goal is to lose one pound before the end of May. That wound give me a total of 40 pounds in 2.5 months.

Sharon

Menu Yesterday

B: 6oz steak
S: SF Jello
L: 8 oz roasted turkey (white meat)
D: 6 oz Grilled Salmon (skin removed)

4 Liters of water and all my vitamins
Old 05-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #3051
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post

I am a happy happy person today as my whinging paid off and I'm down to 209.8 today. I'm one day ahead of goal too! So now onto my next one.

Goal 2: 205lbs by Saturday 5th June.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:29 AM   #3052
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hey everyone. Weight was down .4 today. I am soooooo lethargic today. It doesn't help that I had to close last night and then open today so I didn't get as much sleep as I normally do. I am so looking forward to getting some fat in, beginning tomorrow. so so tired.

I am making a sugar free cheesecake to take to the shore with me. It'll be for everyone. But I bought this huge cream cheese package when I did Atkins and who knew cream cheese lasted months!! It's going to expire in a few weeks so I need to do something with it! I've never made cheese cake before lolol so wish me luck.

IM2, so happy to hear the good news!!

Hi Al!

Hi Swebb, menu looks good, congrats on the loss!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 05-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #3053
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I long for a day that when I decide to wear something it doesn't involve will it make look fat? And I keep checking in shop windows! I bet everyone thinks I'm so vain--I'm really not (I wish!).I'm so unbelievably self-conscious
I think it's Im2's siggy that says something about the change in the mirror is the last thing you see---I still feel 250lbs.
Hi GT!!!! If I could have one wish, it would be for you to see yourself the way we would see you, if we saw you!!! You have come so far and accomplished so much! Start feeling like the hot stuff that you are!!! I do know what you mean about being self concious and wishing it would stop! I do beleive it will subside with time. you are a brand new woman - we've got to get your insides to feel it too!!! I too am guilty of checkin myself out in every mirror, and actually, I am finally starting to enjoy it! (Well that was a few days ago and pounds ago..Today...not so sure)

(I dont think you ever posted a menu that included burgers! Your taste buds mustve been doing flips!!!! and nice stats too! You keep goin down,down,down!!!!)
Old 05-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #3054
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Lisa you should sabotage him and make tuna chip cookies
These sound delish!
Old 05-27-2010, 12:07 PM   #3055
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I read thye Skinny B.. books too but it couldn't convince me to give up my meat. . although I considered it. .
My life as a vegetarian was short lived...If you guys ever have a chance, pick up the China Study and you will never eat meat again.

Couldnt stop me though cause I'd rather be skinny than healthy. (I know..bad..bad..bad) I think I put on 15 pounds in a few weeks. (Then again, I was eating more beans, and breads, and what is it? TVP - textured vital protein or something? That stuff made some mean sloppy joes! (and then again, now I can put on 15 pounds in 3 days off meat. Oh woe is me... )

Last edited by aleriaaa; 05-27-2010 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: editing to add NOT to pick up the CHINA STUDY. I dont want to lose yous!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #3056
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
"Hey all! Um... I have a confession. My first confession and first mess up, I think. I had an unplanned cheat. "

"I even ate the celery sticks. "

"and forced myself to bike and bike and bike"
I am shocked to hear of this, Gwn, dear! But of all cheats you chose celery sticks!!! You really are the queen bee, and you paid your dues on the bike ride! Awesome job. You were in the 180's when you did this a few days ago and now your 177! You rock!!! You can do this!!
Old 05-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #3057
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
ONEDERLAND!
What a beautiful, wonderful, awesome day!
First I would like to thank Dr. Stillman, then the totally awesome people on this board, and finally my scale who has stood under me through thick and thin.
Nice job Bass!!! Only took a few days!!! Too funny about the scale standing under us thru thick and thin! I love it!! Here's to more thin days than thick!!
Old 05-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #3058
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
I think i do pretty well, i mean c'mon the man is a carbaholic and eats like 3 gazillion carbs a day and we always have pudding, doughnuts, chips, granola bars, white bread, muffins, candy bars, mntn dew, yogurt, fruit cups, mac-n-cheese and frozen pizza around the house!
Lisa, You are doing a great job! Stay far away from that junk! I think I was reincarnated as Chris over the last few days...only I dont like Mountain Dew...My carb count was just shy of 3 gazillion....

and now its time to up my stats..... 116 to 125.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #3059
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
If I don't sit for a meal, it doesn't count, right?
Phew!!! Then I didnt mess up again!!! None of it counts!
Old 05-27-2010, 12:26 PM   #3060
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Excellant post. I'm going looking for this stuff ASAP!
I eat regular tuna for lunch every day and I'm just about burnt out. I think the tuna everyday probably is the best for me as far as losing though. This new stuff should take of this problem. Thank you Lisa.
I always did well for losing on tuna days too! Tell me more about this new stuff. Ingredients pleeeeease?!?
Closed Thread