Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rhianmusic
New to diet need some advice

Hi,

I am starting the Stillmans diet today and have a few questions if anyone can help me with them.

Firstly I love bacon am I allowed to eat this on this diet on a daily basis and also what drinks other than water can you drink? I know you can drink tea and coffee without milk is that correct? Can I drink diet sodas like diet coke or flavoured sparking water? Also how much tomato ketchup are you allowed to have during the day?

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rhianmusic is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 06:36 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Good Morning, Rhian: First off, I would like to invite you to visit the monthly forum which is the most up to date and has a boat-load of supportive people to help you out. This month we are posting under April's Amazing . . Next month (May) it will be something else. You never know what topic we will get on but be sure to post your questions there. Also reading back a few threads ,may give you some great ideas.

First, Stillmans' is a low fat, low or no carb way of eating. Depending on which plan you choose, you may or may not include veggies. On the QWL plan, unfortunately.. no bacon. The fat content is too high. Basically we are talking, chicken, tuna and turkey. I do believe lean pork is acceptable too however there has been some debate over that. Many of us are doing different variations of the diet and have tweeked it as we go along. You'll find out what works best for you just by experimenting and monitoring your losses. There are weeks when you may benefit from the added fat but in the beginning it is best to avoid it.

As far as kethchup goes. . I stay away from it (lately) and if I do use it, I buy the low sugar/low carb kind. Many of us have substituted mustard and/or vinegar.

Plain water works best (sorry) as artificial sweetners can cause a stall. Again, you have to see what works for you. You may not have a problem and can use diet soda, crystal light, flavored water, coffee, tea, etc..

Also, there are some links at the beginnig of the threads for 3 different variations of the diet. Check it out and see which one looks the best for you and your lifestyle. In the interim, pop on over to April and say howdy to everyone. You will be sure to get a warm welcome!! This really is a quick way to lose it just takes some tweaking. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-29-2010 at 06:38 AM..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:23 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoyS
Interested in Starting

Hello, I interested in starting Stillmans, but unsure of what program to follow. it looks like QWL is the way to do
Just wondering how people are doing on it, would love to hear some success stories
thank you
JoyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Hi Joy. . Jump on over to the July message board. . There are stickies at the top of the posting which explain the different diets. I think all of us on the board are doing at least a variation of the diet. Some cycle off and on and some of us do QWL along with a few Veggies here and there. You will find that pure QWL is a quick method to lose. Good luck and feel free to jump in with your questions. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:14 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoyS
Thank you for your help, I'm sure I will have alot of questions at the beginning
Very prepared today. got all my protein packed and ready to go !
JoyS is offline   Reply With Quote