Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   Can you eat up to 12 whole eggs per day or would the fat derail weight loss? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/671361-can-you-eat-up-12-whole-eggs-per-day-would-fat-derail-weight-loss.html)

Susan$$ 04-19-2010 10:31 PM

Can you eat up to 12 whole eggs per day or would the fat derail weight loss?

Hi all,

This is a vital question for those who have experienced significant weight loss on Stillman's. I did it once before by eating only tuna, vinegar and spices and I was so slim. Now I have 30 -40lbs to lose (I weigh 156lbs). But I don't like the tuna way of eating.

So will I be successful if I eat between 9-12 whole eggs per day - including the white and the yolk? Stillman's QWL diet is basically no carb, low fat and low cal. Will eating whole eggs (i.e the white & the yolk) derail the weight loss due to the high fat that the yolk adds to the diet????????????

A typical day will be (12 eggs):
900 cals (12 eggs*75 cals each)
72 gs fat (12 eggs*6 gs fat each)
6 gs carbs (.5 gs per egg)

People seem to eat eggs here but oh so little - like 500 cals per day.

PLS ADVISE!!!!

swebb 04-20-2010 01:54 PM

Hi Susan - I am NOT an egg eater. But I bet you would find an answer to your question on the APRIL support thread.

Sharon

IM2fat 04-20-2010 02:37 PM

Hi Susan! Good Question. I'm thinking 12 eggs a day would work but I think you would be extremely bored and it might be very difficult to follow. Why not try a combination of eggs, tuna and chicken? You will probably lose at the same rate and your taste buds might be more satisfied in the long run. One member on our board did tuna every day for awhile but I think it was more brutal than he had expected. why don't you log into the April message board and see what the others are eating (and losing). .Many have been highly successful especially when you follow the plan as it is intended.

We would love to have you so think about hopping on over! Good luck on Stillmans'

Susan$$ 04-21-2010 07:48 AM

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE ADVICE!!

martine 09-01-2010 11:10 PM

Just to throw it out there I once did 9-12 eggs a day through out the day & lost 14 lbs that week. I didn't know about Stillman's at that time!

Susan$$ 09-06-2010 06:10 AM

WOW - KUDOS TO YOU FOR GOING A WHOLE WEEK!!

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK. I THINK IT WOULD WORK TOO. I FIND IT HARD TO HAVE ZERO CARB THOUGH.

ontopofmygame 09-16-2010 08:24 AM

SUSAN$$: Did you actually do the egg diet yet? How did it work for you?

Susan$$ 09-25-2010 10:26 AM

No - I have been struggling for weeks with my diet. I just need to control portions as a #1 priority.

The egg only diet will certainly work but you need huge willpower.

I have overeaten today but I detest the fat on my hips and my inability to wear 95% of my wardrobe!!!!

The flab's gotta go using hard diet and exercise. There is no alternative!!!

lilnurse 03-02-2011 06:24 PM

I get so sick of eggs, so easily. Yes, you can do this. Stillman said you could and it's still low in cals. :)