Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 07:32 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Stillman's Amazing April Achievers

April is the month for power losers! Join us today and watch the weight fall right off! Post your thoughts, questions, successes and troubles. We are here for you!

Dr.Stillman's ~“INCHES-OFF DIET”
Dr.Stillmans ~14 Day Shape Up Program
Dr.Stillman's ~“INCHES-OFF DIET”
Stillman Recipes

Welcome !!

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-01-2010 at 07:39 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2010, 07:39 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Woohoo!!! April is finally here!!

Just printed out my Couch 2 5K, 10 week chart and Im ready to go!

Day 1 : 5 min walk, 2 min jog, 5 min walk

I can handle this!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:40 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post

I can handle this!
OK. how do I get in? I need a good challenge today. .
Old 04-01-2010, 07:44 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OK. how do I get in? I need a good challenge today. .
Cool!!!! I used the chart from this website.

http://www.fromcouchto5k.com/article...training-plan/

Its only 12 minutes of our time today!! We can do it!!! and we get to relax tomorrow!!

I hope I dont snap my ankle if I start to jog. How does one jog anyway?

Last edited by aleriaaa; 04-01-2010 at 07:45 AM..
Old 04-01-2010, 08:22 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Phew! 20 minute powerwalk done for the morning! April will bring some amazing changes for everyone! Lets kick this up a notch!
Old 04-01-2010, 08:31 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Good Morning Everyone!

I'm really excited about April. My goal is to lose 18 pounds this month. That would put me close to the 170s. I think it's doable. Plus since I gave up drinking and going out to eat when I began low carbing, I have not seen a bunch of my friends since early February. I have a big event to go to on May 2nd and I want to look great! I've already in my head told myself I can drink on this day but will still stick with meats. It's easier to burn off alcohol then carbs. Also, definitely upping the exercise this month... Well not much to up, considering exercise was pretty non existent last month. Speaking of exercise, I biked to work today and felt pretty sore from the previous two days. I huffed and puffed the whole way, boy am I out of shape. It's going to be 75 degrees today!

Scale was down a pound today to 202. Agh, ONEderland, you can't get here soon enough!! I want to get to ONEderland before I up my fat for a few days. I'm not gonna lie, I have a pound of bacon in the fridge that's been calling my name!! :blush: But I'm gonna try to stick with lean meats for 2 or 3 more days.

Have a great day everyone and here's to a very successful April for all of us!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 04-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Gwn!!! More great news! Another pound bites the dust!! Woohoo!

18 pounds is totally doable and we'll be here every ounce of the way!! Be prepared to get tipsy on May 2nd because those drinks are gonna knock you out!

Bacon gets me everytime. May I suggest just cooking up just what you plan to eat and freezing the rest? Doesnt a turkey burger with 3 strips of bacon sound delish? That whole pound I cooked up the other day was HISTORY after I got the first taste. You probably have better control though..

WHO ELSE LOST ON THIS BEAUITFUL SPRING DAY????
Old 04-01-2010, 09:14 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
Hello People... I've been WAY OFF TRACK for the last week or so and will be doing Stillmans for at least the next seven days.

Will be doing QWL mostly chicken and eggs I think.

ETA: I'm hypothyroid and its pretty much impossible for me to lose weight (fat) until my meds are optimized. I've got a new doctor appointment on 4/7 that I'm supre excited about getting my meds increased. Until then I'm looking to shed some water weight and just maintain (using Stillman's)

Last edited by Ilpirata; 04-01-2010 at 09:17 AM..
Old 04-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Happy April Everyone! It's a beautiful sunny day here. Really lifts the spirits. Scale says I'm down another 1/2 pound. Not gonna change my stats till another 1/2 joins that one in the dirt! But Yippee anyway!

Gwn: Oh, Girl! 3 more pounds and you are there! I think Dustin has the pom-poms right? Let's start cheering you on! Rah! Rah! GO GWN!!!!!

April is going to be an awesome month for all of us. I can feeeeeeeel it. BTW: Love the new name for April!
Old 04-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Ilpirata! Your menu sounds just like our friend Nermos! Shes doing great and Im sure you will too. Sorry to hear about the thyroid. Hope the new doc works out! WELCOME!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Scale says I'm down another 1/2 pound. Not gonna change my stats till another 1/2 joins that one in the dirt! But Yippee anyway!
Yippee Yippee Yam Yam!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi Gwn!!! More great news! Another pound bites the dust!! Woohoo!

18 pounds is totally doable and we'll be here every ounce of the way!! Be prepared to get tipsy on May 2nd because those drinks are gonna knock you out!

Bacon gets me everytime. May I suggest just cooking up just what you plan to eat and freezing the rest? Doesnt a turkey burger with 3 strips of bacon sound delish? That whole pound I cooked up the other day was HISTORY after I got the first taste. You probably have better control though..

WHO ELSE LOST ON THIS BEAUITFUL SPRING DAY????
drooling over the turkey burger w/ bacon dipped in mustard. Think I will stop on the way home and either get myself some turkey burgers or crab legs. decisions decisions.... I remember reading you ate the whole package of bacon lol... I do have some control, 5 slices max. The one thing I don't have control over, at all, is nuts therefore, I just don't buy them.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:40 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Happy April Everyone! It's a beautiful sunny day here. Really lifts the spirits. Scale says I'm down another 1/2 pound. Not gonna change my stats till another 1/2 joins that one in the dirt! But Yippee anyway!

Gwn: Oh, Girl! 3 more pounds and you are there! I think Dustin has the pom-poms right? Let's start cheering you on! Rah! Rah! GO GWN!!!!!

April is going to be an awesome month for all of us. I can feeeeeeeel it. BTW: Love the new name for April!
Even with your weekend and time with the grandkids, still down half a pound. you are doing something right!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeepot
Stats: 141/137/127
Start Date: Sept.2014
I love new beginnings. I think April will be great for all of us.

Gwn, your story with the bike was wonderful. I don't know if I could have handled it as well. I still dread what people think of me when I walk or run in public. I'm old enough to realize that most don't think about me at all, and I should realize that those who do need to get a life and start thinking about their own selves. You are so right, what a loser that guy must be. It's really kind of sad, isn't it? But not for you, you were the victor.

What a beautiful day for your powerwalk, Al, and for everyone outside exercising. Bad carb dreams kept me up last night. I can't do much more than bask in the sun. Oh, and go grocery shopping for all my lean Stillmany meat with some nice fat cuts for emergency. I might even have to buy Easter candy for my little one.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_teapot View Post
I still dread what people think of me when I walk or run in public.
I still hate crossing the street! I know no one cares or even has a thought but I still cant get over it.. perhaps I'll feel better if I perfect a catwalk...NO WAY!
Old 04-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #16

I'm going shopping at Whole Foods today after work to get all stocked up on eggs and lean meats... They have awesome 97% FF Turkey Bacon there.

NOM NOM NOM
Old 04-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
I'm going shopping at Whole Foods today after work to get all stocked up on eggs and lean meats... They have awesome 97% FF Turkey Bacon there.

NOM NOM NOM
I may to check it out! I have never been to a whole foods, but one opened up around here a few months ago. Is it really expensive, like a Trader Joes?
Old 04-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I still hate crossing the street! I know no one cares or even has a thought but I still cant get over it.. perhaps I'll feel better if I perfect a catwalk...NO WAY!
Aww you skinny minny ladies (yes that is what you are to me since I'm still over 200lbs), should have nothing to worry about being in public!! I think living in the city though has helped... You see it all here in Philly, the good, the bad and the downright ugly. But I grew up in a small town and I was a book nerd, so painfully shy, I seriously hardly remember that girl, she's so far removed from who I am today. But I do have my insecure days, more often then not! I work with this adorable gay boy who is very GQ. Has 8,000$ Hermes man bags. He's very vain, very obsessed with anorexia being "cute" and although he is very sweet and I think he says it in a joking manner, there is something appealing in it, to him. But he is someone that does make me feel insecure but I don't think he knows he. I know he really does like me and cares about my feelings but I know he is also really disgusted with fat people. So, it's hard. I'm sure a bunch of people feel the same way as him but I don't think about it too much because the people who are not in my life, don't matter to me. Anyway... sorry am babbling....

I say strut your stuff and if you feel good, you project that to others.

Plus, for every dumbass loser who tells me I have a big butt, there are like 20 black or hispanic men who remind me that I have a nice "phat butt", and can I get a cigarette off you...
Old 04-01-2010, 11:29 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I may to check it out! I have never been to a whole foods, but one opened up around here a few months ago. Is it really expensive, like a Trader Joes?
I don't find trader joes expensive at all but I do call Whole Foods "whole paycheck".
Old 04-01-2010, 11:31 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:

I can handle this!
Very Cool! I am glad I will have some buddies

I will need motivation since I really HATE to run - but I am metamorphisizing into a new me (it IS Spring after all )

So......anyone else want to try the C25K??? I am starting THIS coming Monday with a goal of completing a 5K in the Fall (of 2010 )

Sharon
Old 04-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Whoa...Trader Joes is cheap? Then I'll have two places to check out! I want fat free turkey bacon. Yup I do!

Thanks for sharing Gwn. Please babble on. That poor boy does seem a bit disturbed. You have the right idea though. Those people arent in our life and dont matter!!!

Here's to phat butts!! Am I still cool if I have phat hips??
Old 04-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #22

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
I don't find trader joes expensive at all but I do call Whole Foods "whole paycheck".
I agree with GwnStfni... I find Trader Joe's totally affordable! Whole Foods on the other hand can be pretty expensive for lots of things but... BUT it IS Whole Foods and I try to eat Whole Foods as much as possible (meaning organic naturally unprocessed etc.)

And the EGGS and WF are absolutely amazing. They are much much brighter yellow than conventional store eggs. They are cage free and organic and taste VASTLY SUPERIOR to eggs from safeway. NOM NOM NOM
Old 04-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Very Cool! I am glad I will have some buddies

I will need motivation since I really HATE to run - but I am metamorphisizing into a new me (it IS Spring after all )

So......anyone else want to try the C25K??? I am starting THIS coming Monday with a goal of completing a 5K in the Fall (of 2010 )

Sharon
Can you post a link to the site you are using? Its funny, I went for a second walk and looked around. Didnt see anyone looking so I started to run...That lasted a couple of steps. I feel so awkward and clumsy. Is it possible to not know how to run??? I just kinda shuffled and went a little faster.... Im so bad..

BUT I"LL KEEP ON TRYING!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I second the eggs from Whole Foods!

I got a huge bag of shrimp at TJs for like 8$, huge huge bag. The lunch meat (which I haven't eaten any in a while) is super cheap... roast beef for like 5.99/lb.... most stores charge 10$ a pound for roast beef! Plus it's all prepackaged. Great selection of cheese. Only thing is, it's always a mad house in there with rude people shoving their carts everywhere lol
Old 04-01-2010, 11:59 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Everybody sounds so up beat! Yay! I love this group. Just ate some of my yummy leftover turkey. Yesterday I boiled the bones. I threw in a bunch of fresh sage and it just turned out so great. I'm gonna freeze half of it. It will last a while.

I, too, love Trader Joe's. They have terrific food and even vitamin supplements and I find everything to be a really good deal. Cheaper than a grocery store on dairy stuff for sure.

Kudos to all of you who are exercising. GWN, the bike riding sounds fantastic. I'm proud of you for huffing and puffing it all the way to work.

I used to be an exercise fanatic. Lately I find it hard to get over inertia. However, I told myself that when I lose 10 more pounds, I will get the old rear in gear. Should be easier when I'm that much lighter, right?

Gotta go figure out what to do with my grandies! They are so full of energy. Think I'll take them to the local park and let them ride their scooters around the big empty parking lot. That should wear them out a little, I hope, I hope!

Promised them we would bake an Easter cake tomorrow and color some eggs. Ahhh...the joys of Gramma-ing!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 04-01-2010, 12:09 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Day 22. The scale was my FRIEND today I am down another pound. (No April Fool's here )

Although my DH said he was going to mess with the "zeroing" on the scale before I weighed - just to play a joke on me......but then he thought better of that (smart man).

So, I think I am one of the ones that need to eat more lean than fat - except when I begin to not feel so great. Then I guess I will add some extra fat for a few days, accept the fact that the scale won't move as much and go on.

My clothes are a little looser but I am not yet down a size (I tried on a smaller pair of jeans yesterday ) but I have lost 17.5 pounds in 21 days (I need to keep reminding myself of this fact!) so I am overall quite happy.

Sharon

(I am reposting this from the March thread to the APRIL thread)
Old 04-01-2010, 12:15 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

It is going to be 80 degrees here today Spring Fever is beginning to take hold!!! The garden is calling and the winter DUST BUNNIES are about to be vanquished!

I think I read somewhere that certain household "chores" actually burned up some calories - I certainly hope so as that will be my "exercise" for the next couple of days.

I made a big batch of grilled Garlic Chicken Breasts today and there is a whole turkey roasting in the oven. I also found a great deal on Sushi grade Tuna yesterday - bought 2 pounds and will be having rare tuna w/ Wasabi tonight for dinner.

I am ready to start kicking some pounds OFF of this body - April is really going to be AMAZING

Sharon
Old 04-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
Hello People... I've been WAY OFF TRACK for the last week or so and will be doing Stillmans for at least the next seven days.

Will be doing QWL mostly chicken and eggs I think.

ETA: I'm hypothyroid and its pretty much impossible for me to lose weight (fat) until my meds are optimized. I've got a new doctor appointment on 4/7 that I'm supre excited about getting my meds increased. Until then I'm looking to shed some water weight and just maintain (using Stillman's)

If you don't mind my asking. . how long have you had hypothyroid? I was just diagnosed a couple of months go and started my meds about 30-45 days ago. . I still can't lose anything!! I've been at the same weight since November of last year (after losing about 25 pounds). . I've been up and down the same 7 pounds since. .I'm wondering what else I can do to make it work. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you
Old 04-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
If you don't mind my asking. . how long have you had hypothyroid? I was just diagnosed a couple of months go and started my meds about 30-45 days ago. . I still can't lose anything!! I've been at the same weight since November of last year (after losing about 25 pounds). . I've been up and down the same 7 pounds since. .I'm wondering what else I can do to make it work. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you
Its over a year since I was diagnosed. Here's how it works:

thyroid isn't producing enough T3 & T4 hormone as shown on blood test. Incoming Thyroid Hormone is prescribed (medication). Once the supplemental thyroid hormone is coming in the thyroid gland shuts down even more. This is why it takes so long to get OPTIMIZED. For me I'm chasing to get my Free T3 level into the top of the range. When my meds are increased my thyroid shuts down even more so its a process of re-testing blood and increasing meds every six to eight weeks. I'm still not there. Plus I'm in the process of switching doctors. I cannot lose weight unless my FreeT3 is in the top 2/3-3/4 of the lab range. Period. Until it gets there maintaining is all I can hope for.

soooo, if you are hypothyroid you should be getting your blood tested about every eight weeks at first and getting your medication adjusted based on those blood tests. And your blood tests should include FreeT3 and FreeT4 testing. If it doesn't you are NOT being treated properly.

What are your latest labs?
Old 04-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
It is going to be 80 degrees here today Spring Fever is beginning to take hold!!! The garden is calling and the winter DUST BUNNIES are about to be vanquished!

I think I read somewhere that certain household "chores" actually burned up some calories - I certainly hope so as that will be my "exercise" for the next couple of days.

I made a big batch of grilled Garlic Chicken Breasts today and there is a whole turkey roasting in the oven. I also found a great deal on Sushi grade Tuna yesterday - bought 2 pounds and will be having rare tuna w/ Wasabi tonight for dinner.

I am ready to start kicking some pounds OFF of this body - April is really going to be AMAZING

Sharon
I am literally *drooling* over rare tuna with wasabi. Jealous! ha. Yes, housework does burn a lot of calories!! I have a little iphone app that shows how many actually...It says an hour or housecleaning burns 193 calories.
Closed Thread