Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #1651
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Ok. .someone make a decision what our new thread should be and I'll start one.. I'm anxious to get a start on May = wonderful month
Im up for whatever you guys decide!!! They were all great ideas! First one to log in wins...but you have to start the thread..

I agree with all of you. May is gonna be marvelous!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2010, 04:26 PM   #1652
Blabbermouth!!!

So let me get my last April rant in....

I have not adjusted well to my life after the cheat fest. I am craving, constantly thinking about food, constantly starving and a little sad. maybe even mad. I know it'll get better, but its just so darn frustrating to remember how great I felt a few weeks ago and how food was never on my mind. Meat was, but all the goodies weren't.

Im am strong and wont be indulging in anything other than meat (or maybe wine). So have no fear for me... I just wanted to whine a little....(yeah that wine is sounding better by the moment!!)

Cant wait for tomorrow!!!! Leaving work for the day, but will hopefully check back in after I tuck the kiddies in..

HUGS!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:39 PM   #1653
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
so .I'm sitting here drinking my very red Crystal Light out of a wine glass and laughing at my computer. . My kids think I'm drunk. . too funny

As a footnote. . about a month ago. .I decided I'm going to use my good china, my nice stemware and all the other things (like candles) that I save for a special occasion. Heck. .losing weight is special so I'm indulging my other senses, too. Crystal Light in a wine glass or goblet always makes me feel more lady-like! Boy. maybe I am getting drunk!!!
Awww... Sounds fabulous!! Ha!!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:44 PM   #1654
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post

I have not adjusted well to my life after the cheat fest. I am craving, constantly thinking about food, constantly starving and a little sad. maybe even mad. I know it'll get better, but its just so darn frustrating to remember how great I felt a few weeks ago and how food was never on my mind. Meat was, but all the goodies weren't.

Im am strong and wont be indulging in anything other than meat (or maybe wine). So have no fear for me... I just wanted to whine a little....(yeah that wine is sounding better by the moment!!)

Cant wait for tomorrow!!!! Leaving work for the day, but will hopefully check back in after I tuck the kiddies in..

HUGS!!!
This is my fear too, Al. But I think hearing your experiences over the last week, has really made me more fearful and I think that's good. Because I will have 3 days of temptation, one with my event on Sunday then my friend from out of town being here Monday and Tuesday. Aside from the drinking on Sunday, I'm really going to do my best to avoid eating anything but protein! I feel like saying I can have chicken wings and cheeseburgers will be a treat in itself... the fat, that is. I think seeing your gain and now dealing with the thoughts of foods, etc... has really scared me enough to keep me focused, so that is good. I hope it works out. But I do hope you get through those nasty cravings and thoughts very soon!! It seems like it's about at that point where you will. And we all know how incredibly strong and determined you are so I'm not gonna worry one bit about you!!! You're one focused lady and my thinspiration
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 04-30-2010, 05:51 PM   #1655
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay ladies... Done eating for the day and I am stuffed. Menu for today:
B: 1 HB egg, coffee
L: 5ozs grilled chicken
D: 2 turkey burgers w/ mustard
Gallon of water down the hatch.

****** says that's about 675 calories. As usual, calories are low, but I am most definitely eating when I am hungry and eat until satisfied. That's 28 grams of fat today, hoping it doesn't effect my weigh in tomorrow... Prior to yesterday and today, when I had the turkey burgers, my fat was hovering around 14-16g.

I am going to try to get a workout in tonight... I'm really tired though but I stopped at H&M to try on some clothes, after work, and just seeing myself in those 3-way mirrors almost scared the socks right off me! My hips have got to go!!! They honestly look like they belong on someone elses body. I need to slim them down!!!! Ugh, so lazy tonight.

Alright ladies, have a great night and I will check in with you all tomorrow!! <3
Old 04-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #1656
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
OK.. Gals! Thank you, Al. . for your rant. I was beginning to think you were super woman (not that you aren't) , but now I realize there is hope for people like me. You are a strong gal and I am positive you are going to do fabulous! Think of how far you've come.. you have been a saint but you have to remember you are human. I think this is a test for you to see how you will deal with life once you are at goal.. . you've won the war against fat.. now its time to win the war against those dang feelings! I think that's my problem right now. I've lost so much weight and gained so much weight that I have to figure out exactly what makes me gain it back. I know part of it is anxiety.. .I pace, I fret, I cry and then I eat! I do this to make the feelings of "out of control" go away. I can control what goes in my mouth just as I can control how much I will eat. In the end. .food usually wins and I feel worse (make sense?).. but, I'm finally figuring out that I really need to deal with the issue. .food is not the issue. it is my relationship with food and what I've let it do to me. NO MORE! No MORE, I say.. Out.. bad carbs.. out I say!

Actually, I've been doing some soul searching and reading all the rants. . I find I am not alone and that's what keeps me going!! I will get rid of this fat. . I will overcome my fears and I will be the thin, healthy, awesome person I was meant to be. . even if it kills me!

There. .that's my rant on this lovely April day.. I'm off to better months ahead! Rock on, girls! We are in it to lose it and we won't let nothing stop us!!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:20 PM   #1657
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
You're one focused lady and my thinspiration
That's awesome, Gwn. .I couldn't have said it better! I am so thankful I have you all! You guys Rock!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:32 PM   #1658
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Reminder: (I picked this quote for a reason: Change comes from inside. . it is often the last thing you see when you look in the mirror. So be PATIENT! We are all beautiful .. Don't forget it, ever!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-30-2010 at 07:40 PM..
Old 04-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #1659
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gwn: I was talking to my friend tonight (the one getting bypass surgery) and she was just blown away by your story! You are such an inspiration.. Don't ever let anyone get in the way of your dreams! You are one brave woman!

Lisa: You, too, have so much going for you! Rock on, girl friend.. Rock on..

Nermo.. Keep on. keeping on. .you have done great! I was reading back to your first post! Check out how far you've come!

GT.. my pink lady! We should be soul mates.. I'm thinking we are!

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-30-2010 at 07:43 PM..
Old 04-30-2010, 08:25 PM   #1660
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awww IM2 that made me feel all mushy inside I am sooooo thankful I have all of you too!!

When I first joined this site in 2003, I had to find my little niche... the people who were focused on the same level as me, and I did.. Back then it was in the Century Club because I had over 100lbs to lose. I remember TaDa! and girliefriend and bandiegal sooo fondly It was like one big cheering section, we had each others backs. Those people (and others), although I never met them in real life, were an integral part of my success. This wasn't just a place for me to chat and waste time... It was a place for me to vent and seek support and share things with others and be there for others and just feed off the energy of all these people, on the same mission. If I wasn't here posting every day, I wasn't sticking to my low carb plan, plain and simple.

Then when I came back about 3 years ago, whenever the kimmer stuff was going down, lolol , the boards went crazy with that drama, and I wasn't 100% focused so I didn't stick around long enough to find my niche. Then when I came back this past February, I knew I *absolutely* had to find my people!! I had to find that group that was A. chatty B. supportive C. people I could connect with. And I found that here with you all in the Stillman's crew. And I didn't show up until last month because I was off looking in other groups... Groups that were just to loosely strung together, people who would check in every third day, people who were more off the wagon than on.... I'm so glad I found you all. This is a very determined group, it's what I need.

I will say now, I am not the type of person to say, 'it's okay, tomorrow is another day, just jump back on'. Yea, every once in a while, we slip up, we are human and that's okay and then I am willing to tell you that's okay. But week after week of needing to jump back on and I just have to block it out because it does in a way, effect my success. Because if I listen to it long enough, I begin to think that hey, if everyone is jumping off the wagon then maybe I can too, just for a day... Even though, deep down inside, I know that one little slip and I can disappear tomorrow and show up a year from now, 50lbs heavier. I know myself too well. So if I don't acknowledge someones cheat, it's because I have nothing nice to say, like my momma taught me. lolol. I just know we are *all* here to lose weight and be healthier people and more comfortable with our bodies. And I feel like when I acknowledge someones cheat and tell them that it's "okay" that I am basically enabling them to cheat again. But I also don't want anyone to feel badly about their decision either, so I keep the middle ground. And I DO NOT under any circumstances want you ladies to do that to me!! If I *ever* have a non-planned cheat, I want a verbal lashing from each and every one of you!! Because by posting here daily, by making you my peeps , the ones I turn to for the good and the bad, I am making myself not only accountable to myself but to you all. So when I mess up, you best give me a swift kick in the butt! Because sooner or later, I will mess up, I always do. That's why I gained so much back of what I lost in 03.

Argh.... which is exactly what you were talking about IM2, about our relationship with food... Mine has never been an emotional relationship... It's one of control. Food does control me. It controls my hands, to keep feeding my mouth, it controls my mouth to keep chewing and it controls my brain by making it numb to any feeling of fullness. I don't eat because I'm sad or happy or depressed or bored... well okay maybe sometimes when I'm bored. I eat because I love to eat. I love the way foods taste and for some reason, I just can't get enough. It's not enough to eat half a foot long hoagie and save the rest for later... oh no, I must eat it until it's gone! I don't know why. But I hope I figure out what and learn to reprogram myself before I find myself gaining back all that I've lost, yet again. Oh, I can't even bare the idea again

Okay now I'm ranting.... I hope nobody took what I said the wrong way. I have never met any of you but I care deeply about all of you, it's like we have this sisterly bond because we are all here for the same reason and we all have the same struggles and insecurities and issues with food. I support you all and I am in your cheering section, hoping for the absolute best for each and every one of you, so that we can all be happy, in our skin.

and b-t-dubs, I forced myself to do an aerobics tape for the thighs and butt. It was 45 mins long, I made it through 25 and gave it my all for those 25. I am just really fatigued... Need some fat :blush: plus I waited until 10pm to get around to working out! Ha, anyway, took a cold shower and now some TV time then bed. you all!!
Old 04-30-2010, 09:41 PM   #1661
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah.. Gwn. .You so hit the nail.. All I can offer is ((( hugs to you))) and I promise, I can be that drill sargent for you if you promise to do the same for me. I spent half of my life with people telling me Ahh. come on. . one bite won't hurt.. .But it does!! It opens a whole new world for me.. a whole new attitude of.. I'll start as soon as this cake is gone..or as soon as these Doritos are out of the pantry. Lately, I've just been tossing them to my dog. Poor thing. . he's gained 10 pounds since I've started~ It reminds me so much of when I quit smoking. I would buy a pack. smoke one on the way home and then toss the rest.. only to start all over again the next morning. It is amazing how one thing can have such a hold over us! It's pretty scary when you really think about it. The only problem with food is, we are surrounded by it all the time! It is so hard to be good when everyone else is being so bad but I just have to come to terms with my body and my mind and how it operates - I just can't handle it.. I have to make a conscious effort to Say NO and mean it.

Stay on me. .I really have to lose this weight. If not for myself, my family. I am sick of being the mommy who sits by the side of the pool because I can't find a bathing suit to fit.. or the mommy who waits in the car because her pants are too tight, or the wife who won't dance because her fat rolls over the top of her pants and might jiggle, or the gal who won't get up in front of people and speak her mind because she's too self conscious to say so, or the woman who has the world by the short hairs and can't accept it! Goodness. .I am sick of missing out on stuff. I wanna live and I wanna be thin.. Is that so much to ask?

Wow..where did all that come from? Probably a good thing we are starting a nerw thread. . I'm outta control!!! But.. sincerely,I really all you guys.. We are a team and we can beat this. ..come He** or high water.. Off to May - the Losers/Stillman's way.. (OMG> I think I just thought of our new name.. what do you guys think?)..
Old 04-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #1662
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gwn: I have a little confession.. .I did creep on some of your old blogs.. OMG. you have done some wonderful things and I really love the enthusiasm you brought to all the boards, but I think you found your home. .Al, Nermo, GT, Kath, Denise, Tania and all the others will stick by you and see you through to the end.. .
Old 04-30-2010, 09:47 PM   #1663
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and just for the record.. I had a very good cheat free day. .In fact, I barely ate..

breakfast - boiled egg
Lunch - turkey
Supper - 1 very insy, teensy, tiny bit O corned beef (sorry . .I had to test it)
Supper/snack - about 2 oz turkey
1 1/2 gallons of water
1 pitcher of Crystal Light
1 Pot O Coffee
2 32 oz diet cherry Pepsi
O and did I mention, Water.. Vitamins and all that good stuff. . (I snuck a fiber pill or two in.. I really, really needed it!)

and that's all she wrote.. tomorrow I plan to do the same thing.. Do Not Eat until I hear strange gurglings from down under!!! It seems to work..
Old 04-30-2010, 11:21 PM   #1664
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
mcg's are smaller than mg's.... I need a chemist please...am I overdosing biotin?
LOL! No worries, you will just pee it out if you do! What I suggest is that you break it up and take it 3 times a day, morning, noon, night. and, if you can remember, take the first one with some folic acid.

The recommended dose is 5000 mcg's per day. Usually it comes in 1000 mcg tablets. Just take one in the morning and one with each meal and snack.

You will love the results!
Old 05-01-2010, 02:45 AM   #1665
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Ok. .someone make a decision what our new thread should be and I'll start one.. I'm anxious to get a start on May = wonderful month
Your may-b we be weighing less in May the Stillman's Weigh---I thought it was clever!
Old 05-01-2010, 02:49 AM   #1666
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

HUGS!!!
Hey Al! You vent away!! Actually you never whinge or moan!! (unlike some other pink loving, cupcake lovin gal!! Hee!)
Old 05-01-2010, 02:53 AM   #1667
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I am going to try to get a workout in tonight... I'm really tired though but I stopped at H&M to try on some clothes, after work, and just seeing myself in those 3-way mirrors almost scared the socks right off me!
I know those mirrors are a killer!!!!!!!! I ued to think there was something done to them to make you look narrower but after being in there a couple of days ago....I hope not!!! (it was not good peeps!)
Old 05-01-2010, 03:00 AM   #1668
Big Yapper!!!!

Actually peeps putting on nearly 10lbs in a month has scared me into never ever cheating again. I can't believe I actually put on that much in a month. And I weighed today and haven't dropped anything-you would have thought the water-weight would be going. I'm hoping it's because TOM is here--but I usually don't gain with it so....It def has taught me that if I want to maintain later I can't cheat and I really have to exercise. That's it. And I def do believe my siggy now completely. If I want to wear small sizes and look good then this is gonna be my WOE forever...and I really do think it will be worth it.
Now my last rant for April!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 05-01-2010, 03:11 AM   #1669
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Gwn I loved that rant!! We're so glad you found us! Yeah when I started I looked around the boards at groups but I honestly gotta say I found a lot of people were B..t..y and like tried to know everything and score points or something. I did think why would people log in here!!!!!! Then I found this group!! It's the opposite to other threads! The support and humour here is amazing and everyone thinks the same about food ane weight and we all want the same goals! I never thought we would become so "close" or talk about other things other than weight and diet! Who knew there was someone who liked Hello Kitty and pink as much as me???!!! And it gets better every day!! I love you guys!!
Old 05-01-2010, 03:19 AM   #1670
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Im2---what a rant---yoiu go girl!!! And no, wanting to be thin is not too much to ask??????? And BTW while we're ranting...I wasn't going to say cos I thought I'd spare you guys but....... I was sitting waiting for someone at the steps of a big old church (it's where everyone meets in this town!)the day before yesterday, and a girl sat down near me with a bottle of fanta(not the diet stuff) and a 200gram bar of milk chocolateIthink ye weigh in ounces 7ounces) anyway a huge bar (it was fruit and nut) well she polished the whole thing off,just like that!!!!!!!!! And peeps there wasn't an ounce of fat on her!! I just thought my God life is really so unfair!!!!!!
Now that is my last rant for April!! Actually it's May now!!
Old 05-01-2010, 04:38 AM   #1671
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Very interesting

Thought you might find this ineresting !

What You Should Know
It’s important to understand that there are many ways to shed excess body fat and numerous key ingredients that can assist with this process. Take Biotin (used to be called Vitamin H) for instance. This is basically a “b-class” vitamin that can be found in a number of foods and supplements. The intestines produce Biotin in small amounts regularly. This substance has been linked to weight loss because it aids the metabolism of carbohydrates, protein, and fats. Common foods that contain Biotin are poultry, rice, vegetables, beef, spinach, oatmeal, nuts, and egg yolks.

Not only has Biotin been linked to weight reduction, but it has also been associated with hair maintenance, bone strength, and the health of finger/toe nails. This means that brittle nails and hair loss can be attributed to a lack of Biotin in ones diet. In regards to weight loss this vitamin is claimed to aid the body with processing food and utilizing energy more effectively. This is why some people believe that Biotin boosts energy levels and leads to a slimmer figure. Some supplement formulas that offer Biotin are Country Life Biotin capsules, Natrol Biotin tablets, Twinlab Biotin capsules, and AST Multi Pro 32X caplets.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:30 AM   #1672
Blabbermouth!!!

GWN and IM2- Thank you so much! Some amazing posts here folks. I share so many of the same exact thoughts. I'm so glad you two were able to put them in words. U ALL!!!!

IM2 says:
"I spent half of my life with people telling me Ahh. come on. . one bite won't hurt.. .But it does!! It opens a whole new world for me.. a whole new attitude of.. I'll start as soon as this cake is gone..or as soon as these Doritos are out of the pantry." THIS IS ME! but NOT anymore!!!!!

Gwn says:

"I eat because I love to eat. I love the way foods taste and for some reason, I just can't get enough. It's not enough to eat half a foot long hoagie and save the rest for later... oh no, I must eat it until it's gone! I don't know why." THIS IS ME! Just eating half NEVER crossed my mind.

"Even though, deep down inside, I know that one little slip and I can disappear tomorrow and show up a year from now, 50lbs heavier. I know myself too well."
THIS IS ME!!!! But NOT ANYMORE. Thanks to all of you!!!!

"I feel like when I acknowledge someones cheat and tell them that it's "okay" that I am basically enabling them to cheat again."
I, 100% AGREE WITH THIS, (but Im guilty of trying to keep it warm and fuzzy sometimes). I can get drill sargeant, but then I always wonder if Im hurting someones feelings. Time to start practicing tough love everyone. Let me know if Im too much!

"If I *ever* have a non-planned cheat, I want a verbal lashing from each and every one of you!! Because by posting here daily, by making you my peeps , the ones I turn to for the good and the bad, I am making myself not only accountable to myself but to you all. So when I mess up, you best give me a swift kick in the butt! Because sooner or later, I will mess up, I always do. " I NEED THE LASHINGS TOO! We have a great mix of friends here and everyone has a different approach. I think we need it. The good, warm and fuzzy, and the harsh, bad, truth, and whatever comes in the middle. With the warm and fuzzy I'm encouraged to do better and my feelings are eased, and I really appreciate it and it does make me feel better, but sometimes its good to tell me I screwed up big time and I better get back on track, or else. My skin is getting thicker, so bring it on!

I cant find the part where Gwn says (in my words) when shes ready to diet the strgth and willpower are there. No dieting success until she reaches the ready point!! THATS ME TOO. I was so ready last July and it worked.

LETS ALL GET READY NOW AND ROCK THIS THING FOR GOOD!!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 05-01-2010 at 05:32 AM..
Old 05-01-2010, 05:36 AM   #1673
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Actually peeps putting on nearly 10lbs in a month has scared me into never ever cheating again. I can't believe I actually put on that much in a month.
Im holding you to this, GT. How many days have you been back on? Just curious.. Im not losing this time around either, but it better kick in soon. I dint weigh today and wont for a few more days...
Old 05-01-2010, 05:39 AM   #1674
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You're one focused lady and my thinspiration
I love this but its hard to believe you were talking about moi! I feel so many of you have been so much more inspiring. But heck, I'll take some kudos for a hot minute. thanks so much!
Old 05-01-2010, 05:44 AM   #1675
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I was beginning to think you were super woman (not that you aren't) , but now I realize there is hope for people like me. You are a strong gal and I am positive you are going to do fabulous! Think of how far you've come.. you have been a saint but you have to remember you are human. I think this is a test for you to see how you will deal with life once you are at goal.. .
I was superwoman until the kryptonite buffet came along.... I have lost my tights and cape for now, but I must regain my title!!!

Thanks so much for always being here for me.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:47 AM   #1676
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
and a girl sat down near me with a bottle of fanta(not the diet stuff) and a 200gram bar of milk chocolateIthink ye weigh in ounces 7ounces) anyway a huge bar (it was fruit and nut) well she polished the whole thing off,just like that!!!!!!!!! And peeps there wasn't an ounce of fat on her!! I just thought my God life is really so unfair!!!!!!
Man that just burns me up!! Never in my life was I one of those girls. To make a wish to the genie for those super powers or cash, what would it be.. Im actualy thinking I would pick the chocolate bars for life. I really must be crazy..
Old 05-01-2010, 05:51 AM   #1677
Blabbermouth!!!

May's Marvelous Meat Munchers ROCK Stillmans????? I'll leave it up to IM2 because I always love her introductions to the board.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:02 AM   #1678
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Thought you might find this ineresting !

What You Should Know
It’s important to understand that there are many ways to shed excess body fat and numerous key ingredients that can assist with this process. Take Biotin (used to be called Vitamin H) for instance. This is basically a “b-class” vitamin that can be found in a number of foods and supplements. The intestines produce Biotin in small amounts regularly. This substance has been linked to weight loss because it aids the metabolism of carbohydrates, protein, and fats. Common foods that contain Biotin are poultry, rice, vegetables, beef, spinach, oatmeal, nuts, and egg yolks.

Not only has Biotin been linked to weight reduction, but it has also been associated with hair maintenance, bone strength, and the health of finger/toe nails. This means that brittle nails and hair loss can be attributed to a lack of Biotin in ones diet. In regards to weight loss this vitamin is claimed to aid the body with processing food and utilizing energy more effectively. This is why some people believe that Biotin boosts energy levels and leads to a slimmer figure. Some supplement formulas that offer Biotin are Country Life Biotin capsules, Natrol Biotin tablets, Twinlab Biotin capsules, and AST Multi Pro 32X caplets.
Just popped a Biotin, Nermo!!
Old 05-01-2010, 06:10 AM   #1679
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Im holding you to this, GT. How many days have you been back on? Just curious.. Im not losing this time around either, but it better kick in soon. I dint weigh today and wont for a few more days...
Since Wednesday,Al. Nope not losing a pound. I really thought I would have at least dropped the 5lbs water weight. I've been eating eggs, turkey and tuna--nothing else has passed these lips. I hope it's not the dreaded "golden shot"-that low-carb works well only once. I never really believed it because I could always lose again after a cheat....but they were tiny cheats compared to this time.
Oh well it's my own stupid fault. There's nothing else to do but to continue and hope the weight drops off again. (I don't really believe in that golden chance thing)

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 05-01-2010 at 06:38 AM..
Old 05-01-2010, 06:30 AM   #1680
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Oh yeah, please do, Al. And remind me when I want to cheat how utterly crap I felt after it this time round--and I don't mean the cravings-I haven't been having any of those-prob because I ate enough sweet things to last anyone a lifetime!! ok it's not funy.......No but how the weight gain makes me feel--I know noone could probably tell but I know it's there. I'll say it again it's the confidence thing with weight-loss that is the best--and no it is def not worth chocolate or anything else to give that up. FULL STOP.
You know I think the reason I cheated was
no1 I felt good-I could fit into smaller clothes and then thought oh what the heck one cookkie won't hurt....but after nearly 28 years I should know myself a lot better---one leads to another and another and then oops the whole packet is gone!!(I didn't actually eat a whole packet!...but peeps I have done in the past!)
And no2 I was just so fed up of being in restaurants or with friends and just sitting there and drinking water cos there was nothing on the menu I could eat.And this has been for 18months.
And then no3 -the usual-I've blown it now so....
Actually I'm not sure the last one was entirely true this time. In a way I felt "invinsible" or something (well not quite! Hee) I felt like the extra stuff wouldn't really do much damage--like I'd gain 2 or 3 lbs and I'd easily lose them in a weekend!! I suppose the only good thing or let's say different thing was that this time I cheated because I felt really good, whereas before (as in before I started the low-carb) I ate when I felt crap or didn't care.
Oh yeah and the other thing that I didn't like about the cheats was that I felt kind out of control-but when I eat low-carb, I can really conrol it-meat and eggs-nothing else. I think we've all said thats a good aspect of this WOE.
So my next "cheats" will be planned and will involve a salad or some berries and yoghurt. I think that was the other thing I just craved "normal food". But the scariest thing of all is that I wasn't that bad--yeah I wasn't good but honestly it wasn't like I sat there and ate everything in sight. Most days I was on plan-as in salad too--but I suppose all the little extras add up!!!
P.S. the only thing that was worth is was the chocolate cake in the G hotel!!!! Oh God that was goooooood!!
Ok that was just one long ramble!!!!!
Closed Thread