Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #1531
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Must not think about asparagus. . must stop thinking about asparagus. .must not buy asparagus.. O My. . It is asparagus season and I so want the little buggers. . What on earth am I gonna do when watermelon starts sprouting everywhere??? OK.. snap out of it. . by then I will be skinny mini and I will be able to eat those tantilizing vegetables.. .OMG. .I can't believe how much I miss the "good" stuff more than the yucky filler stuff. . I really miss my salads, veggies, fruit and cheese! . . This moment brought to you by. . Shake Weights . . the fun way to stop waving long after you've put your arm down!!! Buy one today. .

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 03:43 PM   #1532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise In NY View Post
Ladies, I guess it's bc Tom is on his way but I am having a bad bad breakdown. Next week is going to be 6 months that my bf committed suicide and I am just SO out of it. Sometimes I don't even know how I get out of bed and have a good day. I don't know if I will ever get over this but I just don't know how to go on when I get this emotional. For the most part, I do surprisingly fine. But on days like this, if I stumble upon a pic of him or an email from him, I just want to give up on everything. Sorry for such a down post, but times like this, I want to turn to icecream or just anything (I guess food and depression link together?) I think I'm going to lay down and Pray to God for strength.
Denise! Just remember that we are here for you and remind yourself that food will only make you feel worse. . It will .. it really will. . Have a good cry. .watch a good movie.. climb into your nice cozy bed, say a prayer and sleep if you have to. . think of all the good times and try to remember that you are important and you count. . so take care of you!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:47 PM   #1533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Isometric Crunches (I expect 10 out of you, Al!)

Lay on your back with your knees bent and legs in the air, cross feet one over the other
Slowely bed at the waist using your ab muscles until your head is a few inches off the ground
Hold pose for a few second, release
do five sets of 10 ..

Ready, set. . Go!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #1534
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
I will send the whoosh fairy out tonight after she makes another long stop at my place...

Al- i understand the point about fuel and mileage, but i am paid for my travel time along with fuel costs so if I put that in with the actual hourly pay its like making 6.87 less an hour! I just cannot do that!

I am off to another clients. My last one of the eve. take care everyone!
Old 04-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #1535
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Denise In NY
Stats: 211/196/160 - 15 lbs. lost!
WOE: DWoe
Start Date: May 17, 2010
Hi ladies, I'm feeling a little bit better right now. I had a glass of diet pepsi because I was feeling very depressed earlier. I just added some pics of me and Glenn to my album. Going to go lay down now and I will be back on tomorrow. Luv you all!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:02 PM   #1536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nitey, Nite. Denise. Sweet dreams to you. . You will feel better in the morning. .
Old 04-29-2010, 06:03 PM   #1537
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
I will send the whoosh fairy out tonight after she makes another long stop at my place...

Al- i understand the point about fuel and mileage, but i am paid for my travel time along with fuel costs so if I put that in with the actual hourly pay its like making 6.87 less an hour! I just cannot do that!

I am off to another clients. My last one of the eve. take care everyone!
Go, Lisa, Go. . Burn those calories!! one more night with the woosh fairy but then you have to share!!! We need her here by Thursday. .
Old 04-29-2010, 06:05 PM   #1538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lisa and Denise: I just have to comment. .you two have killer cheek bones! I'm so jealous. .I have a round puppy face. ..Ahh. heck. .I have a pumpkin head!! heheheh but.. at least I have fewer chins now!! Almost down to one!
Old 04-29-2010, 09:59 PM   #1539
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hi Friends! What a day I have had!!! The shuttle driver forgot to pick me up so one of the personal trainers had to rush me to the airport---in a blizzard!!! It was snowing like crazy in Utah. Just made it to the gate in time to board. Then we got stuck on the tarmac because all the planes had to be de-iced! Yikes. I think we were stuck there for about an hour and a half. Bummer!

But, finally we were off! Got to Sactown and I went to a concert tonight at my grandies school. They play instruments in the band and one of them is in the choir.

Well, drum roll please.........ta-ta-da-DAH!!!! This past week at fitness camp (six full days of butt kicking) I lost 5.5 pounds and 3 inches!!! Whoo-Hooooooo!!! Now I can change my stats because as I said before, their scale weighed exactly the same as my home digital scale.

Oh, and I lost 2.5% fat and went down one whole notch in the BMI scale (which I really don't care about or really believe in anyway!)

My family says they can see a huge difference in me and the weight loss and the working out really, really shows. I feel pumped right now and can't wait to get back to QWL eating.

Did pretty good today after the high carb breakfast at camp before I left. DD and I had lunch at a fancy restaurant and I had grilled chicken w/ a small bit of steamed brocolli and a side salad w/ no dressing, just a little EVOO and some vinegar.

It's late and I am wiped out but just turned on my 'puter so I could check in with y'all!! You are my buddies in action! My band of buddies!

I have lots of catching up to do with the posts. Eventually I will get there!

Tomorrow I am babysitting for DD just about all day. I'm staying in Sacramento tonight and probably tomorrow night too. Then Sunday DH and I are heading to a conference in the beautiful wine country of Sonoma. That will be awesome. I'm gonna keep working out because the hotel will have a nice gym.

I'm also gonna eat LC the best I can. We have 3 formal dinners to attend, but I know I can always order a big juicy steak or some grilled halibut or chicken and just chow down. Boy, I miss my meat! lol.

OK, gonna read a little and then probably fall asleep on the keyboard.

Hugs to all and Congrats to all the "losers".

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 04-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #1540
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
What about mustard and vinegar? Wahhhhh
I read in a detox book that mustard does the same thing as cinnamon -- stabalizes blood sugar and therefore controls appetite. 1-3 teaspoons (or more) per day.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:20 PM   #1541
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ladies, I guess it's bc Tom is on his way but I am having a bad bad breakdown. Next week is going to be 6 months that my bf committed suicide and I am just SO out of it. Sometimes I don't even know how I get out of bed and have a good day. I don't know if I will ever get over this but I just don't know how to go on when I get this emotional. For the most part, I do surprisingly fine. But on days like this, if I stumble upon a pic of him or an email from him, I just want to give up on everything. Sorry for such a down post, but times like this, I want to turn to icecream or just anything (I guess food and depression link together?) I think I'm going to lay down and Pray to God for strength.
Denise, Sweetheart, just read your post. BIG HUGS

You know, some days, like today, you just have to let the waves wash over you and "give yourself over to the rhythm of the day". The sadness you feel means that you love. Cherish the love and the memories, the good ones, and just let go. Breathe. Just breathe. Some days that is a huge accomplishment. Don't expect the world of yourself on days like this. Be proud of yourself because you are holding on and you are, well, you. And who you are is a wonderful person. A caring, terrific, wonderful person. And be kind. Be kind to you. Someone once told me "be as kind and understanding to yourself as you would be to someone else who is going through this."

I have no idea what you are going through. Nothing like that has ever happened to me. But I do know what it's like to feel like you are in a deep dark pit and you just can't climb out. There is no sunshine. And you don't feel strong.

Guess what? We will be strong for you! We will pray for you and hold you in our thoughts and hearts and cheer you on for just putting one foot in front of the other...........breathe.....breathe deeply....and rest.....and give yourself a break, OK? The sun will shine again.

U
Old 04-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #1542
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Girls! May is coming up! I'm thinking the subject for our May thread should be "May we be BIG losers in May!" What do you think?
That's soooooooo cute!!! I was also thinking about it and thinking something like "Stillman's Marvelous May Meat Mealers" but that sucks, huh?

marvelous may masters, marvelous may mini mouths... stillman's marvelous may meat moochers..... Stillman's Marvelous May Mighty Mouths.......!!!!!

Can you tell I'm getting tired??? Ok, shut up Yam. I said it for you!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 10:39 PM   #1543
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi ladies, I'm feeling a little bit better right now. I had a glass of diet pepsi because I was feeling very depressed earlier. I just added some pics of me and Glenn to my album. Going to go lay down now and I will be back on tomorrow. Luv you all!
Wow, a diet Pepsi. Wow. you are amazing. I think I would have had a gallon of wine. Rest well, Sweetie. Glad you are feeling a bit better. Hope my last post was not inappropriate. Just wanted to give you a big cyber hug and let you know I will be thinking of ya.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:44 PM   #1544
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady M View Post
Sorry for the drive-by, but I only have a couple of seconds. (I promise to catch up more with everyone next week when I have time to chill at work.)

The good news: I'm down another 2.6 pounds!
The bad news: I had a cheat yesterday.
The good news: I stopped my cheat, thereby making it a mini-cheat, and got right back on plan.
The bad news: I'm cravings cantaloupe!
The good news: I might switch back and forth between the QWL and Inches Off Diet if the cravings get too bad.
The bad news: I think that the Inches Off Diet has slower weight loss.
The good news: I'm a total of 8 pounds down so far (Since Saturday, do ya believe it!), so I have to keep going!
THIS is truly awesome!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!! You are kickin' it!!! Yippee!!
Old 04-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #1545
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I'm anxious to hear all about Yam's week of torture. . .She's probably resting her tired, skinny bones. .
And here I am!!!!! LOL! My daughter has been calling me "skinny" all day. She was pushing the baby in the stroller at the airport and saying, "Let's chase Gramma's skinny butt!"

She's told me a million times how amazing I look and that there is real difference.

Tonight at the concert I had to keep pulling up my jeans!!! They kept falling down!!! Those are the new cute ones I just bought and I love them, but seriously, I won't mind if they just fall off and I have to go find new ones!!!!

I know I have a long way to go, but it felt so good for my family to keep saying they could see the difference. I know it was the exercise!!! That should be motivation enough for me to keep it up, .......right??
Old 04-29-2010, 11:38 PM   #1546
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hiya everyone

IM I am trying to do the exercise but man I am so outta shape! ughhhh

Denise- Sweety I don't know if it's my place to say this or not but here goes!
I really do think you should talk to a professional about your loss. You have been through a lot, I am a little worried! I am sorry for butting in your life but I promise that it's from the heart. We are here for ya all the way- but sometimes you need more than a few words from all of us and need that shoulder and hug! I you Denise, and again I hope I didn't overstep my boundries!
Old 04-30-2010, 04:02 AM   #1547
LJB
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady M View Post
Sorry for the drive-by, but I only have a couple of seconds. (I promise to catch up more with everyone next week when I have time to chill at work.)

The good news: I'm down another 2.6 pounds!
The bad news: I had a cheat yesterday.
The good news: I stopped my cheat, thereby making it a mini-cheat, and got right back on plan.
The bad news: I'm cravings cantaloupe!
The good news: I might switch back and forth between the QWL and Inches Off Diet if the cravings get too bad.
The bad news: I think that the Inches Off Diet has slower weight loss.
The good news: I'm a total of 8 pounds down so far (Since Saturday, do ya believe it!), so I have to keep going!
You should really only be on the QWL portion of Stillman's for 3 to 5 days and then hop onto the Inches off or Shape Up plan. This is why I chose Dukan instead of straight out Stillman's. There is much more variety to the recipes!

Stillman and Dukan share the same principles but they do branch off enough to make it their own.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:16 AM   #1548
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Denise, I hope you are feeling better today.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:20 AM   #1549
Big Yapper!!!!

Yam--I am sooooooooooooooo jealous!!!!! Wow that's an amazing loss!! I think peeps we should all go to a boot camp-together!!!! And you are so upbeat--must be all those endorphins!!
I ove all your names for the May thread too!!
Old 04-30-2010, 04:21 AM   #1550
Big Yapper!!!!

Weighed this morning--no change I need the whoosh fairy!! I'm not gonna weigh for a few days!
Old 04-30-2010, 04:54 AM   #1551
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Sorry GT i kept the whoosh fairy at my place last night... down another 4... i did drink a ton of water yesterday and ate only eggs and turkey the whole day. I might give it a try again today! Sorry for the drive by. Gotta get to a clients in 3 min bye!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:40 AM   #1552
Big Yapper!!!!

Lisa, that's brill!!!! I'm gonna drink a ton of water now!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:59 AM   #1553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK peeps. .another quick type-by.. I'm on my way to get my bloodwork done. (finally)..
Just wanted to say:

Welcome back, Yam! and just think, you super charged your metabolism so you should continue to lose!

Denise: I agree with Nermo.. I couldn't have said it better myself. It does help just to get it all out there. But I think you are doing wonderfully so keep with us.. we can be your weight loss buddies!

Lisa! Wowsers.. that's awesome. you are leaving me in the dust

GT:

AL: wakey. .wakey
Old 04-30-2010, 06:10 AM   #1554
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Emme
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/07
Lost 2lbs - down to 198. 180s here I come!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:18 AM   #1555
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Im2! Good luck at the Dr.!!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:19 AM   #1556
Big Yapper!!!!

Well done Emme!! You losers are shaming me into getting my (hopefully shrinking!)behind into gear!! Can't be left behind!!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:20 AM   #1557
Big Yapper!!!!

I've been downing jugs of water like a crazy woman!!!! Better pay off!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:41 AM   #1558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm baaackk!

Stopped at the grocery store on my way home and loaded up with more chicken. . Good Lord. .if I only owned stock.. .I'd be rich! I also crabbed a corned beef to make my family boiled dinner. What do you guys think of corned beef? Says on Carbs on the package. . Well,. ,.even if I have a bit, I didn't buy a huge one so once the boys are done with it, probably not much left for me!! I've got bookwork to do today, payroll and receivables so I'll be off and on all day. My goal is to get my desk cleaned off so I can re-claim my family room. OK. . .Today is going to be a perfect day. No BLT's, no sniffs, no thinking about food. .I've decided I'm only going to eat when my stomach growls. I think I've been feeding my axiety instead of my body. So. . I plan to chug water all day and put off eating until I really, really need it. Whatever works, I guess. . My goal is to leave Lisa in the dust. . sorry Lisa. . but I think competition is Great! Let's Go!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #1559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

May-B we B losin it in May the Stillman's Weigh?
Old 04-30-2010, 07:44 AM   #1560
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I've been downing jugs of water like a crazy woman!!!! Better pay off!!!
I'm swimming today and I'm not talking in the pool!
Closed Thread