Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #1411
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Denise In NY
Stats: 211/196/160 - 15 lbs. lost!
WOE: DWoe
Start Date: May 17, 2010
GT, Bingo wings!! hahaha!! I will let you know if this shake weight thing really does work. Lmao at the "weight gain" thing you saw. I'm going to look it up online. I miss the good ole days and I just began eating LC again for the first time in Months. My friend was telling me how when she loses weight, she only loses it in her Behind and her breasts. She said her breasts look like saggy skin sacks. I thought that was the funniest thing I've heard all day!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 03:05 PM   #1412
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise In NY View Post
She said her breasts look like saggy skin sacks. I thought that was the funniest thing I've heard all day!
Or dogs ears!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #1413
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lady M
Stats: 218.6/??/93.0
Hey y'all,

Thanks for all of the encouragement. I was starting to feel like a failure because I couldn't even do this diet "right." Truth is, if I were to cut out the "extras" right now, I wouldn't be able to stick to this diet. I would opt not to eat as opposed to eating such bland food and would then end up binging on horrible food. I know because I've done it before! Maybe I can say that I'm doing a modified Stillmans. It's not quite as low-fat as Stillmans would want, but it's not nearly as high fat (or "high" carb) as Atkins. Like y'all said, maybe in a little bit I can get rid of the extras, but for now, it's working and I'm happy with a relatively small amount of food so my calories are staying shockingly low.

Yesterday all I ate were the two mini cheeseburgers with ketchup and mustard. Today I had 2 orders of eggs from McDonald's and 2 plain double hamburgers with cheese from Burger King without the buns. I know that fast food is bad, but I made the best choices I could. I've literally been in my house something like 10 hours since Sunday. I weighed myself after getting home from school today and expected to see an elevated number since I've eaten/drank so much, but I'm down 0.6 pounds, so I know I'll show a loss in the morning. I've already lost 5 pounds in less than a week. I have a hunch that if I keep with it, I'll show a 7 - 10 pound loss this week. That would be awesome!

On a less awesome note, I spoke with a cardiologist today. He came to my school to talk about all kinds of cool stuff that we're learning. Afterwards I chit chatted with him a little bit and diets came up. He's a big proponent of low-carb eating and thinks that generally, it's the best thing for the heart and the rest of the body. I had mentioned to him that I was low-carbing and he mentioned that he lost about 80 pounds on a lower fat version of Atkins several years ago. In the conversation he told me that he thought that I actually had a large frame and that I probably wouldn't be able to maintain much lower than 120, though he thought that 130 would be ideal. I asked if he realized that 130 at my height is overweight according to the BMI charts and he said that those charts are utterly useless. The more I think about it, I wonder if he has a point. Back when I was 130 I had a hard time maintaining my weight, but it was possible. I was in about a 6/8 pants and a 10/12 shirt. That just seems like it could be smaller, but he thinks that my skeletal structure is just too broad to handle a weight in the 90s. That makes me really sad. I hope he's wrong. I want to be a skinny chick for once in my life. I want to be the hottest woman that my husband has ever laid eyes on.

Okay... time for sleep.

See y'all later.

Sorry for the drive-by post, but I have to get some sleep and then I have tons of homework to do.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #1414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
OK. .I'm feeling a little better now. . I have to be honest. . Today is my Birthday (Please . .no happy birthday wishes as I'm not feeling very birthdayeeee!). . I started this diet with plenty of time to be at goal by the time I turned 43.. then I readusted my goal to be out of the 150's by the time I turned 43 and I failed miserably. . I adjusted again to be that weight by May . . still probably won't happen. I have that family thing in June and I really need to have this weight gone. My family has never seen me below 160. I really want to be well enough below so that its noticable. . I just wanted, for once in my life, to feel confident enough to face everyone especially since I'm really not getting along with some of them right now. It will be so much easier to feel better if I felt better. . But. . life is life and I have to get over it. So. .tomorrow will be a better day and I will suck in the vibes from you guys..

I'm sorry to be such a downer today and I promise to snap out of it. . . I'm just feeling a little blah. . Maybe its hormonal or something. . I don't know. I am going back to the Dr. too. . taking my blood tests on Friday. .

Thank you for listening!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:29 PM   #1415
Senior LCF Member

To you, Im2fat and Lady M. Maybe it's something in the air today because all day I was feeling good and happy and I just took a shower, and started crying in the shower because a song came on and I thought of Glenn. It just makes me want to give up, not on life, but just on everything. I guess we all need hugs tonight. Tomorrow is a new day. I'm off on Thursdays and I usually weigh in, but I really don't know if I'm going to or if I should just wait til next Thur. Ahhhh, such is life. Why does food have to be so good?
Old 04-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #1416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think food tastes so good because it can mask feelings..even if temporary and your senses are thinking about what you are tasting instead of what you are feeling..The high is temporary and, unfortunately,will result in a crash! So, why do we crave the high? food is definately addictive..
Old 04-28-2010, 09:52 PM   #1417
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loveyaxo
Stats: 164/161.1/130
WOE: Dr.Stillmans quick weight loss diet
Start Date: 04/26/10
lovin it

i joined this site on 04/26/10 and i am doing Stillmans STRICTLY, it all sounded to good to be true but i have weiged daily and 164.4, 163.2, 161.9 so i am extremely excited. I have read through the threads and learned alot. So I am saying hello now and will keep posting

Sorry this is first post and i didn't know where to start so this is a duplicate
Old 04-29-2010, 02:05 AM   #1418
Big Yapper!!!!

Im2-I'm really sorry you're feeling down. Today is a new day so I hope you are feeing better. Are belated Happy Birthdays ok???! If so Happy Birthdayxx
Old 04-29-2010, 02:07 AM   #1419
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I think food tastes so good because it can mask feelings..even if temporary and your senses are thinking about what you are tasting instead of what you are feeling..The high is temporary and, unfortunately,will result in a crash! So, why do we crave the high? food is definately addictive..
True......unfortunately!!
Old 04-29-2010, 02:07 AM   #1420
Big Yapper!!!!

Hugs for you too, Denise
Old 04-29-2010, 02:08 AM   #1421
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome Loveyaxo
Old 04-29-2010, 02:19 AM   #1422
Big Yapper!!!!

Well peeps---I weighed. It was not good. Just lets says I could change one of my 3s to a 4..(and not the end one!)sticking to my rule of not changing my stats up tho! TOM is here so I'm hoping that has something to do with it too. It's just scary how quickly the weight can creep up. Anyway I'm back on plan 100%--wasn't too good on the water yesterday but gonna be better today. I actually feel every last ounce of what I've put on, so that's not good-especially around the stomach, and my jeans feel tighter around my thighs and hips.
Anyway whinge over!! It's gonna hit 80degrees today!! That's another reason we have to be 100% on plan and give it everything--the countdown to Summer is on, girls...and that means getting rid of the layers!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 04-29-2010, 02:44 AM   #1423
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loveyaxo
Stats: 164/161.1/130
WOE: Dr.Stillmans quick weight loss diet
Start Date: 04/26/10
thanks "getting there" looking forward to thin and healthy
Old 04-29-2010, 05:34 AM   #1424
Senior LCF Member

Loveya!
Hugs back to my girls. Don't get discouraged. Today is a new day and a new beginning! Where is it going to be 80 degrees today? Here in NY, it's been in the 50's and 60's! But once that nice weather hits, I want to be able to show some skin! Well, I'm off today so I might be out running around but I'll take some time to swing by and read up on ya'll! Gonna pour my first cup of coffee! TOM is right around the corner, my stomach is cramping! Gonna weigh in next Thur. hopefully with some GOOD results
Old 04-29-2010, 06:07 AM   #1425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT! Thanks.. I woke up with my new attitude.. I am older, after all.. can't be all mean and old in the same day!

I grabbed a turkey from the freezer and will get busy cooking it in my slow cooker today. .

My boys got me the soundtrack to Grease yesterday. .It was such a sweet thought but I already had it! They thought they were getting me the movie as they overhead me telling someone it was one of my favorite Movies.. how nice that they actually listened to me! I was surprised ..

Love! so glad to have another buddy on board. . I need some enthusiasm..Can I get a Heck Ya.. we are gonna melt this fat away. v.

As for food. . It really doesn't taste that great.. OK..maybe that first bite but after that.. my mouth, mind and spirit are numb to it. I'm gonna remember that ! As promised, no weigh in today. . .I think I did a little damage yesterday and I am not willing to let it bring me down.. Whats done is done!! I just have to say.. I can't remember ever having a birthday when I wasn't on a diet! I have a whole year to correct that problem, don't I now? Obviously, I hope it doesn't take that long.. if it does, I canlive with it. Besides the longer it takes me. . the longer this will stay off. . (I'm trying to convince myself - can you tell???). . I have to be thankful and proud of what I've done and focus on it one meal at a time. So. .Today I earn two stars so far..

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-29-2010 at 06:10 AM..
Old 04-29-2010, 06:18 AM   #1426
Senior LCF Member

Good morning Im2fat! You're the one that said you're not going to weigh in today. Well Thur. being my only day off from work, I usually weigh in but I told myself I'm not going to until NEXT Thur. being that I fell off a few times this week....so let's stick to plan and get our Behinds in Gear and next week when we weigh in, let's both have good results!!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:31 AM   #1427
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Emme
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/07
200.5 this morning. I KNOW I did not have enough water yesterday. Will do better today. Fasting this morning. I have a cardio point test this morning at the gym.

Have a great low carb day ladies!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:37 AM   #1428
Senior LCF Member

Hi Emme, Just keep staying positive! Gonna make some eggs soon!!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:45 AM   #1429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise In NY View Post
Good morning Im2fat! You're the one that said you're not going to weigh in today. Well Thur. being my only day off from work, I usually weigh in but I told myself I'm not going to until NEXT Thur. being that I fell off a few times this week....so let's stick to plan and get our Behinds in Gear and next week when we weigh in, let's both have good results!!
OK. .I'm on board! Lisa? You in? We need to do this.. .You and I have been playing around with the same numbers far too long. I'm gonna get all drill sargeant on our butts and melt them off. .Hup. .Hup. .Hup. .Lets go!! Let's do this thing! Let's make an effort to do one more activity thingy than we would normally do. . Walk to the store? Run around your house? Do jumping jacks in the shower? Bend over to pick up the fuzz bunnies instead of sweeping it "under the rug". . I want a full report later today to see how we are doing. .

Anyone else want in?
Old 04-29-2010, 06:46 AM   #1430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
200.5 this morning. I KNOW I did not have enough water yesterday. Will do better today. Fasting this morning. I have a cardio point test this morning at the gym.

Have a great low carb day ladies!
Morning, Emme!

Rock that gym!! good job
Old 04-29-2010, 06:48 AM   #1431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Well peeps---I weighed. It was not good. Just lets says I could change one of my 3s to a 4..(and not the end one!)sticking to my rule of not changing my stats up tho! TOM is here so I'm hoping that has something to do with it too. It's just scary how quickly the weight can creep up. Anyway I'm back on plan 100%--wasn't too good on the water yesterday but gonna be better today. I actually feel every last ounce of what I've put on, so that's not good-especially around the stomach, and my jeans feel tighter around my thighs and hips.
Anyway whinge over!! It's gonna hit 80degrees today!! That's another reason we have to be 100% on plan and give it everything--the countdown to Summer is on, girls...and that means getting rid of the layers!!!
GT: Take advantage of the nice weather today.. .and up your water and you will see some amazing results! I made a huge picture of CL today and I plan to drink the entire thing before noon and replace it with water. almost done with my pot of coffee and getting ready to eat an egg or two.. took my meds this morning and have my vitamins all laid out for noon. . I'm liking this being home and doing what I want, routine!!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:50 AM   #1432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK, girls! I am gonna logg off for awhile.. I still didn't get my house clean yesterday so I have twice as much to do today.. That will count towards my activity points, ya think? Love ya all and hoping for a losing day the low car weigh!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:30 AM   #1433
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OK. .I'm on board! Lisa? You in? We need to do this.. .You and I have been playing around with the same numbers far too long. I'm gonna get all drill sargeant on our butts and melt them off. .Hup. .Hup. .Hup. .Lets go!! Let's do this thing! Let's make an effort to do one more activity thingy than we would normally do. . Walk to the store? Run around your house? Do jumping jacks in the shower? Bend over to pick up the fuzz bunnies instead of sweeping it "under the rug". . I want a full report later today to see how we are doing. .

Anyone else want in?
Like I said, I'm SO in! One week to lose SOMETHING! We def gotta stick to it now! I'll be drill sargeant too girls! Lisa...you joining!? Next Thur. good results for all of us!! about Jumping Jacks in the shower!!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:09 AM   #1434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. Denise! it's on. . Next Thursday! Weigh day!!!

Breakfast: boiled egg/coffee/water/cl
Lunch: Chicken breast/water/CL
Dinner: will be Turkey .. Mmm. .I can smell it cooking now!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:38 AM   #1435
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Good Morning Ladies
Down .4 today. Was a bit surprised as I felt like I was retaining some water today because of TOM. Overall feeling pretty good Haven't exercised much this week so I will try to get some aerobics in tonight! Menu yesterday:
B: 1 HB egg, coffee
L: Chicken soup, coffee
D: 6oz grilled chicken w/ hot sauce
About 700 Calories

love and congrats on your loss thus far!

IM2, love the new, rejuvenated attitude! Your menu looks great and I smell success!!

Emme, Lisa, Denise, Al, GT, Yam and anyone else I missed! Let's make this a great Stillman's day!!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 04-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #1436
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Down 1.2lbs today and in the 180s!
Gwn!!!! 180's!!!! Yeah Baby!!! Im so happy for you!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #1437
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
WOW - you gals are so inspirational!!!! I am officially starting today but I have been doing it for a couple of days. I look forward to supporting you all and catching up with your success.

Emme - day 1 200lbs
Hi Emme!! So glad you joined us! and I look forward to hearing about all your success!!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:54 AM   #1438
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
But I remembered Dustin and his Reeses (where has he gone BTW?? Come back!) Anyway I bought them and had one----oh peeps it's no wonder you all like them--they are good---in a weird salty way!!
Now you'll be double fisting creme eggs and PB eggs! I actually thought of Dustin when my Mom gave the kids those eggs. Hope he is well. Shh dont tell my son I ate his egg. Then the other day they had to split the last one. bad mommy..
Old 04-29-2010, 08:57 AM   #1439
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Sorry guys I am here for a while
I need you here forever! long after goal, woman!!
Old 04-29-2010, 09:00 AM   #1440
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'll fatten them up so I look thinner!! Yep. . that's the ticket. . hehehe
Too funny!! I used to think this and try this with hubby, telling him I wouldnt look so big if he were bigger.
Closed Thread