Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 04:16 AM   #1351
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Actually the cupcake looks a bit smug and b...tchy----and poor little muffin is crying!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 04:18 AM   #1352
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady M View Post
Mistakes happen. Success is defined by how you respond to mistakes.
Thats a brill quote!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:26 AM   #1353
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
She laughed and said if u are using it as a seasoning and cooking with it you are releasing the carbs of the pepper into the meat.. what do u think gives it it's flavor? U might as well eat the pepper too. I thought OMG! Is this true??? does anyone know anything about this?????
I say seasoning carbs are so minimal, they dont count. Were definitely not getting the full carb count of the pepper without eating the pepper. You should try it with whole cloves of garlic too. yum! Maybe the pepper is like a coffee bean- if we eat the beans its carbs all the way, but if we drink the brewed coffee, its minimal.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:28 AM   #1354
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady M View Post
I managed not to order the fried chicken and fries on the menu. Instead, I just sipped a Diet Coke.
That is willpower at its finest. woohoo Lady M!!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:41 AM   #1355
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Al- I forgot to tell you that you totally ROCK! After all that eating on vacation- you jumped right back on plan Definitly two thumbs up
Thanks nermo! Any other time Ive gone off a diet, its lasted for weeks until all the weight came back and then some. I'd like to think Im finally learning from my mistakes and making better choices for the future. I had to jump back on plan and you guys are here to hold my hand through it!! For that I am grateful.

I think Im also learning better control. I'm hoping that I can continue the diet but have small splurges without going off the deep end. I just proved to myself this week that I CAN DO IT! (yeah I wish I wasnt at a 24 hour food fest for a week, but next time, I probably wont go so buck wild) See, I am learning!! and on a side note, the food was delicious, but as Lisa and some of the others say, it didnt taste as good as thin feels. (and wasnt as good as my favorite tiny little xoxo brand outfit. Im 32 and can still shop in the juniors section!

I love to be lite on my feet, have an empty stomach, be able to bend over or jump out of my seat and get going. Eating those rotten but tasty foods just made me tired and lazy and wanting to eat more til I fell asleep. Although naps are quite nice on vacation...Also, all the eating made me look prego in my bikinis, an interesting sight while double fisting daquaris!! lol

My main hope is for everyone here to reach goal, and I will stand right by your sides until you get there.

rambling here... Thanks for listening..
Old 04-28-2010, 05:43 AM   #1356
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OMG is right! However. . even if it were true . how many carbs could possibily seep their way into your meat? I'll check it out but I think she's full of carbs, herself. .
tooooo funny!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:47 AM   #1357
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
I went to the Doctor today. She said if I drop 40 pounds she will go ahead and recommend and deem a tummy tuck medically necessary! I'm so thrilled, but 40 pounds is so much and to tell you all the truth.......I'm afraid
Lisa, I think is is fantastic news and something you totally deserve! I hope Tania is doing well and cant wait for her to come back and be able to let us know how it went. Im sure her progress will make you feel much more at ease. Your last surgery was one of the toughest anyone couldve gone through. I bet the tuck will be much smoother. Im looking forward to watching you shrink now. What an amazing goal to have! You can do it!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:52 AM   #1358
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Plus my bf at the time said I'd have "frankenboobs".

I'd never get into a swimsuit at 147lbs then I pictured myself with a tummy tuck and boob job and still said, there's no way I'd get into a bathing suit because then I'd be worried about cellulite or something else. *hUgs*
I think frankenboobs are sexy and wish they were medically necessary for me!

I completely feel the same way about the bathing suit. There will always be something that needs perfecting. It really stinks. I tried to rock my bikinis on vacation for hubby, and the fact that there were strangers everywhere. There is no way I'll be wearing them at the pool this summer. Home bathing suits tend to be the tank top with the skirt - tankinis?
Old 04-28-2010, 05:59 AM   #1359
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise In NY View Post
The only coldcuts that have NO fillers in them are the natural turkey we carry that isn't even processed. mmmm!!
Why oh why does my deli not carry this!!! How easy would that be. No cooking whatsoever....

Denise, we are all here for you to listen and help you get through this difficult time in your life. Healing on the inside is going to take time, but we can certainly nudge you gently in the right direction to heal the outside. Stick with us and you'll get there. I promise.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:02 AM   #1360
Blabbermouth!!!

YAM!!! You are a powerhouse woman!!! all I can say is OH MY GOODNESS!!!! What are the other victims like? are they able to keep up with ya? Do their ages and weights range? Cant wait for you to get back and I hope you are still having a great time despite being tortured! lol
Old 04-28-2010, 06:07 AM   #1361
Blabbermouth!!!

Lady M- Its really tough to go lean meats "cold turkey". There is nothing wrong with adding thingg here and there while you get adjusted. Yes, they may be technically cheats, but l'm guessing as the days go on and the pounds are lost, you'll find it much easier to stay away from the extras. I was a seasoning and soy sauce, hot sauce junkie in the beginning..I never thought I would be able to eat plain chicken or tuna out of a bag. tuna, without my beloved mayonaise? unheard of. One condiment a lot of us used heavily was mustard. Its a love hate thing, but I would eat it on everything.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:16 AM   #1362
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianat216 View Post
I don't know why we sabotage ourselves but I hope I can just get right back on tomorrow. To end this on a positive note I will say that I didn't indulge in any soda or juice (my major major weakness). Even while I was having my sub, which I always get their Hi-c with, I chose to drink my crystal lite instead. So, that's something?
Hi Diana!! Cheats happen and we get back up and dust ourselves off and eat a chicken breast! Im still learning how to cope with cheats, and its my opinion now to have a little list of a few splurges. Depriving ourselves of everything but leans meats and eggs can make us crazy and eventually we give in. (and I think its because our bodies need fat) Instead of something carby, try to have something fatty, like a chicken thigh. The fat will satisfy, and wont give you cravings. and you will still lose weight, just a little bit slower. well, it works for me and I hope it'll work for you.

Great job sticking to the crystal light- one of our savior drinks!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:21 AM   #1363
Blabbermouth!!!

GT- HELLO MY FRIEND!!!! Ive missed you! So glad you had a wonderful and extra long vacation. I know you are already counting down the days to go back! (and Im glad you didnt get fired) The hotal looks lovely. Sounds like you had a brill time!!! (your word - heehe)

I can never be upset with you when you get your hands on a creme egg. You have always done such a wonderful job throughout your journey, and you know how to handle a spurge. GOOD FOR YOU WOMAN!!! (ps.. did ya hear? I splurged on a Reeses PB Egg. OH yeah baby. lol)

About the avi, very funny, but if I had to pick one to chomp on, it would be the ugly muffin!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:22 AM   #1364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hiya!

GT - Welcome back to Germany!!! You'll have more time for us now! hehehe (a bit selfish, I know)
I did buy a few things since I started but seriously it looks like I am wearing someone else's clothes now, LOL they are way to big- I took in some stuff, because tailoring here is dirt cheap!

Al- Yes if we don't learn from our old habits then we will never get where we wanna be

Ok y'all talk to u later

Heart you all
Old 04-28-2010, 06:22 AM   #1365
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2- Day 2 - took my vitamins!! (but I think they make me hungrier. or is that just an excuse?)

OK ladies...Sorry for taking up all the bandwidth and space... I will let you continue with your regularly scheduled program..

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:23 AM   #1366
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Lisa- fingers crossed for ya! Good Luck
Old 04-28-2010, 06:43 AM   #1367
LJB
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
I'm on Day 3 of the Dukan...er..Stillman's thingy. Very confused. LOL Anyway, eating very healthy foods and feeling much better. No, I haven't jumped on the scale and I don't plan on it until the weekend.

I hope everyone is doing well and better!

Cheer up!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:02 AM   #1368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Morning, Peeps! Gt.. you are back. (((doing my happy dance))))

I am having coffee, getting ready to start my major spring cleaning. . I've decided to take it slow today so I don't feel so rushed. I really should make my family something for dinner but I am running out of ideas. . everything looks so good and I hate to sabatoge myself. Of course, they are happy with hotdogs and mac/cheese. I hate to admit, since I've been living the Stillman's way. . they don't get much to each. I'm turning into a bad, bad mom. .

Crossing my fingers for luck today. .
Old 04-28-2010, 07:03 AM   #1369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
IM2- Day 2 - took my vitamins!! (but I think they make me hungrier. or is that just an excuse?)

OK ladies...Sorry for taking up all the bandwidth and space... I will let you continue with your regularly scheduled program..

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
WTG . .I've been taking mine at lunch. I need the extra energy!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:04 AM   #1370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Diana! It's a good thing to be honest. . then you can start over feeling refreshed.. We've all been there, done that. Just hang tight. . A little slip up now and again is quite normal. .you'll do great!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:05 AM   #1371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lady M: This early in the game. .if its working, don't question it. . I would try to pre-plan a little. .It helps tremendously. .If I dont' have meat cooked in my refrigerator, I tend to freak out. . . and start picking at other stuff. .
Old 04-28-2010, 07:20 AM   #1372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Also, all the eating made me look prego in my bikinis, an interesting sight while double fisting daquaris!! lol
bahahahaha. Could you imagine!?

And I agree with the pepper/coffee comparison... As long as you're not eating the bulk of the food, just the, say, "juice", the carbs are trace! You'd have to consume A LOT for it to make a difference.

Al, I miss being able to shop in the juniors department!! I'm 32 also and I make no apologies about wanting to shop in juniors. The clothes aren't frumpy! But I'll get there soon enough...
Old 04-28-2010, 07:31 AM   #1373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Good Morning Ladies

Down 1.2lbs today and in the 180s! *knock on wood* This is really working for me. *still knocking on wood*. I do feel some fatigue today, first time since my last gorge out on fat. Just gotta stick with it until Saturday then I'm on Atkins for a few days. Anyway, I'm exactly half way through my weight loss, which feels both good and still overwhelming... Like wow, I'm 10.5 weeks into this and if it took me another 10.5 weeks, that'd put me at mid-July which feels so far away!

I'm off to the salon this morning to get my roots touched up then work tonight.

Lady M, I agree with IM2.... If it's working for you, stick with it! When the loss slows, start tweaking to a cleaner version of Stillman's. I did exactly what you did when I started... Well, I never had ground beef but I did have hot dogs and some deli meats but I was losing very slowly. Since I cleaned it up completely, the pounds are just melting away. I think you'll lose fine for the first 7-10 days then expect to see it slow and from there you can clean things up. You'll probably also find you're not so hungry anyway.

Yam, you are going to be a fat burning machine when you get home! I hear that exercising and muscle makes you burn calories faster, even while resting? I'm soooo proud of you for sticking with this!! I probably would have passed out and been shipped home by now!

GT, Love the new avatar! I also think you deserve a few BLTs here and there. You've had such amazing progress and I think you really know what you're doing! I also think you need to treat yourself to an iPhone!

Okie dokie... I gotta jump in the shower and catch the train. I'll check in later on. Have a great day everyone! Remember your vitamins and to drink up on your water!!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 04-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #1374
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Hi Losers!!! Just popping in to say HELLO! I've managed to get the fear out of my head about losing 40 pounds! I managed to lose 23 pounds in 30 days when i first started so 40 shouldn't be that hard right!? ...this is where u all say.. it's a piece of cake (not literally LOL) or sure its easy... or 40.. aww that's nothing... lol

Chris is really pumped up about the tummy tuck & weight loss now as much as I am. He said once the Tummy Tuck is done he will buy me a whole new wardrobe from panties, bras, stockings to tailored suits if that's what I want. I told him i don't need tailored suits! I wear scrubs..lol.. oh well.. I would just like to wear a fitted t shirt and look good in it!

I have my interview in the lab today and I really hope they chose me for the position. I'm crossing my fingers!

Well I need to hit the shower and get ready. Take care!

B-scrambled egg whites, crumbled turkey sausage and feta cheese
Old 04-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #1375
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Emme
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/07
WOW - you gals are so inspirational!!!! I am officially starting today but I have been doing it for a couple of days. I look forward to supporting you all and catching up with your success.

Emme - day 1 200lbs
Old 04-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #1376
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
hiya Emme! I'm starting today ..again.. lol...so glad to have ya on board!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #1377
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome Emme!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #1378
Big Yapper!!!!

Lisa, you're right it will be easy peasy to lose the 40lbs!! Think of the clothes girl!!!!!! Chris's credit card will be shaking with fear!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #1379
Big Yapper!!!!

Gwn--congrats on getting into the 180s--there's no stopping you now!!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:28 AM   #1380
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

(ps.. did ya hear? I splurged on a Reeses PB Egg. OH yeah baby. lol)
I did! I saw that!!! How did I forget that I read that!! That was the day I tried to type on the iPhone!!! I couldn't believe it when you said it cos I found Reeses peanut butter cups at home! When I say found I wasn't actually looking for them-hee! But I remembered Dustin and his Reeses (where has he gone BTW?? Come back!) Anyway I bought them and had one----oh peeps it's no wonder you all like them--they are good---in a weird salty way!!
Closed Thread