Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #1321
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lady M
Stats: 218.6/??/93.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
She laughed and said if u are using it as a seasoning and cooking with it you are releasing the carbs of the pepper into the meat.. what do u think gives it it's flavor? U might as well eat the pepper too. I thought OMG! Is this true??? does anyone know anything about this?????
I can't say for certain, but this doesn't make any sense. If the carbs are "released" in cooking, what's the content of the actual pepper left behind? I could believe that a small amount of sugar was "released" since sugars and fats tend to wind up in your cooking, but there's no way that all of the nutritional content of the pepper somehow left the pepper in the cooking process.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2010, 01:34 PM   #1322
Junior LCF Member

I rock! I went to lunch with a classmate. When she left she said that she wasn't sure where she was going, so I thought that I would be able to suggest a place that served some eggs or grilled chicken. No such luck! She decided to go to a local fast food place that serves tons of fried food. I managed not to order the fried chicken and fries on the menu. Instead, I just sipped a Diet Coke.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:46 PM   #1323
LJB
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
One thing the Dukan plan tells you is to avoid eating out for a while to avoid temptations. And of course this means no alcohol, too.

Think of the money I'll be saving!
Old 04-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #1324
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
OK...two waters down....gonna go glug one more with my vitamins..bbl
AMEN!!!! I just knew I'd get to you!
Old 04-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #1325
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Al- I forgot to tell you that you totally ROCK! After all that eating on vacation- you jumped right back on plan Definitly two thumbs up
Old 04-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #1326
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
LadyM-
Old 04-27-2010, 02:23 PM   #1327
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
LadyM-
Thanks! It's nice to have the encouragement here. It makes me want to do well so I can come here and brag and get a pat on the back!
Old 04-27-2010, 02:26 PM   #1328
LJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady M View Post
I rock! I went to lunch with a classmate. When she left she said that she wasn't sure where she was going, so I thought that I would be able to suggest a place that served some eggs or grilled chicken. No such luck! She decided to go to a local fast food place that serves tons of fried food. I managed not to order the fried chicken and fries on the menu. Instead, I just sipped a Diet Coke.
Good for you!

I wonder how your classmate felt after eating?
Old 04-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #1329
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJR View Post
Good for you!

I wonder how your classmate felt after eating?
She's skinny, so she probably felt amazing that she could eat it and not gain an ounce!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #1330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
That's a hard question to answer because everyone is built different. I carry a lot of weight in my butt/thighs/hips and at 212 I was a snug 16 US, I'll let you convert.
yeah. .and I carry mine shoulders, back and belly!!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:58 PM   #1331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady M View Post
Way to go!!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:02 PM   #1332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
BAD NEWS IF THIS IS TRUE! I as talking to one of my Co-workers about going back to stillmans and she asked me how do I season my meat. I told her i use low sodium spices like garlic powder, onion powder, and stuff like that. I also told her that i will sometimes throw a green pepper in and cook it with my meat for the flavor, but remove the green pepper and throw it away... She said why would u throw it out? I told her I dont need the extra carbs and i use it for flavor only. She laughed and said if u are using it as a seasoning and cooking with it you are releasing the carbs of the pepper into the meat.. what do u think gives it it's flavor? U might as well eat the pepper too. I thought OMG! Is this true??? does anyone know anything about this?????

OMG is right! However. . even if it were true . how many carbs could possibily seep their way into your meat? I'll check it out but I think she's full of carbs, herself. .
Old 04-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #1333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJR View Post
One thing the Dukan plan tells you is to avoid eating out for a while to avoid temptations. And of course this means no alcohol, too.

Think of the money I'll be saving!
I stopped drinking and eating out 10 1/2 weeks ago, when I started low carbing. I have literally saved about 1,500$
Old 04-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #1334
LJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OMG is right! However. . even if it were true . how many carbs could possibily seep their way into your meat? I'll check it out but I think she's full of carbs, herself. .
Oh my!
Old 04-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #1335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Well I hope she is full of CARBS TOO!!! LOL

I went to the Doctor today. She said if I drop 40 pounds she will go ahead and recommend and deem a tummy tuck medically necessary! I'm so thrilled, but 40 pounds is so much and to tell you all the truth.......I'm afraid

You think I would be bouncing off the walls, but I'm not! Maybe I'm in shock at how much weight I have to lose or maybe it's the thought of going under the knife again.

I had gastric bypass surgery done 11 yrs ago and have had to just "put up" with my belly. I'm scared, anxious, thrilled and just down right confused!! I'm gonna need all the support I can get from family and friends! I consider you all both!

My doctor said that she is fine with me going low carb and wants to see me in two weeks. She also wants me to keep a record of my food and exercise.

Well I need to run to another clients house.. The last one of the day! Everyone wish me luck tomorrow.. i have an interview with the lab. It would be great getting out of the hospitals home health department and get a normal schedule. I miss time with my family in the evenings and I'm always on the go!

Have a great night!
Old 04-27-2010, 06:07 PM   #1336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

awww lisa *hUgs* - I hope you decide what will be best for you. I know it's both scary and exhilarating all at the same time. I have never ever had any sort of surgery, never been put under and I am sooo scared of both! When I got down to 147, from 275, I really considered a boob lift and tummy tuck but the fear of being cut into just was too much to bear. Plus my bf at the time said I'd have "frankenboobs".

I say do what you feel is best! I thought, you know I am not completely comfortable in my body, I'd never get into a swimsuit at 147lbs then I pictured myself with a tummy tuck and boob job and still said, there's no way I'd get into a bathing suit because then I'd be worried about cellulite or something else. *hUgs*

So I had 1 HB egg and coffee for breakfast and really cleaned my system out today!! Lunch was a can of tuna and 5ozs chicken. Dinner I made another 4-5ozs chicken soup with 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth and hot sauce. yum. Done for the day but still trying to get my gallon of water in!!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 04-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #1337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Denise In NY
Stats: 211/196/160 - 15 lbs. lost!
WOE: DWoe
Start Date: May 17, 2010
Hi my Ladies. I just got in. I slept over my friend's house last night, right after work and she doesn't have a comp. I am getting a Blackberry on Sunday so I will be able to check in from there. Monday's I usually Sleep over my friend's house b/c she has a 3 yr. old son and a 3 month old son. and I babysit sometimes. Girls, I am out of it a little and I need my girls to kick my a$$ BACK in gear. First off, I am a deli expertise and I used to work in a coffee/bagel joint and any flavored coffee has 0 carbs in it. Also I am staying away from coldcuts. The only coldcuts that have NO fillers in them are the natural turkey we carry that isn't even processed. mmmm!! I have been falling off a little girls. Next week is going on 6 months that I lost my beloved Glenn and I have been feeling so down and out And that makes me NOT even want to stick to plan. But I cannot and will not give up. I had a beer today. I have been a crying mess and it is making me lose all willpower to even want to diet. But that was never me. I was always the positive one and that is why Glenn fell in love with me. I can't give up!! I have to be strong thru this pain I am dealing with and I have to somehow get my a$$ on the wagon again. Today, on my way home from work, I seen the shake weight in my job. Lol, I HAD to get it b/c I heard it works! I'll let ya all know how it is. to all of you b/c you are ALL doing great! Lisa, Just this past Summer of 2009, I was fitting into a loose size 11 and now I'm back in my 16's and what is sad is I got rid of all my bigger clothes, and now I had to buy new ones and that makes me SO angry!! Well, I promise I will not let you guys, or myself, down! I am 30 years old now....I had a rough ending of 2009 and lost the love of my life and my future husband BUT I know he wants me to be happy again and by sticking to plan, I will feel SO much better! Sorry for a novel girls! I need hugs!!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:12 PM   #1338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise In NY View Post
. Sorry for a novel girls! I need hugs!!
There's one from each of us. .plus a few others! Hang in there. it'll get easier with each passing day. . besides. no ones is perfect. . we all have our bumps. . some are just a little larger than the others!!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #1339
Senior LCF Member

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO many hugs! Thanks, I'm in tears. I have been a ball of emotions since Nov 4th!! Thanks. Just what I needed and then some! I promise to TRY hopping on that bandwagon tomorrow b/c I know you are all on there waiting for me!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #1340
LJB

HUGS Aplenty, Denise!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #1341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

more!!! :h ugs: :hu gs:
Old 04-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #1342
Senior LCF Member

Love you guys!! Thanks so Much for the support! You all REALLY make me feel SO motivated to do this! I'm here for you all as well.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:12 PM   #1343
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
OMGosh Peeps! I'm just popping in to say I can't pop in!!! I cannot believe how hard I am working out. As I said before, there is no way to cheat. We can only eat what they give us. There is nothing else. At last tonight we had a real baked chicken breast for dinner! I was soooooo happy. Oh, and for lunch we had a turkey burger with no bun! Finally a little touch of low-carbing.

My diet this week has definitely been a low-fat, high carb (complex carbs, but still lots of whole wheat bread, tortillas, veggies, tons of fruit, etc.) and NOT ENOUGH PROTEIN.

The nutritionists here actually believe that if you eat more than 20 grams of protein at a time, your body cannot handle it.

Anyway, don't get me started. It is after 9 pm here and I just got back from the last workout of the day. I think we worked out for almost 9 hours. Yes, we have brief breaks in between, but they are short. Meals only last 20-30 minutes. They shove a plate in front of you, you have to eat it (wearing your sweaty workout clothes) and then get your butt moving for the next workout.

I'm not complaining. I feel soooooo strong for my age and I can do so much more than I thought I ever could.

Anyway, tomorrow is going to be another torture day. So, I really need to give my body some rest so I can endure.

Love you all and if I ever have two minutes to rub together tomorrow I will try to catch up on the posts. So curious to know what you all are doing, but I just have not had long enough breaks!!

Tomorrow is my last full day. I will be going to the airport Thursday morning.

Hugs, you all!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 04-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #1344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yam! I'm so proud of you for doing it! I would be so dead right now but you sound like a million bucks.. I can't wait to see what happens with your weight. . much less your inches. . did they measure you?
Old 04-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #1345
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dianat216
Start Date: 6/25/07
Sorry I haven't been as active as I would like to be. I don't often get the time to post, but I have been reading when I can and am so impressed with everybody's willpower and success.

As for myself I have good news and bad news. I'm on day 5 and have lost 5 lbs. I've been so militant about sticking to this perfectly. My Dad's birthday was on Saturday and I orchestrated it so that we stayed in and cooked filet mignon (and potatoes, etc) instead of going out to dinner so I could stay on plan. All I ate was the meat and didn't touch anything else, not even the cake. I've also been sticking to my exercising, which is amazing for me since I HATE exercising.

Now, for the bad news...despite my great willpower and doing so well, inexplicably I completed went off plan today. It was so random! I did great for breakfast and lunch and then the idea of getting a subway sandwich for dinner entered in my head. I pushed it aside but it kept nagging at me. So I decided I would, and the moment I decided that everything else went out the window. I bought a pack of brownies, ate em. Got my sandwich, ate it. Ate 3 oranges and then finally called it quits. I'll probably see the return of all 5 of those pounds tomorrow.

I don't know why we sabotage ourselves but I hope I can just get right back on tomorrow. To end this on a positive note I will say that I didn't indulge in any soda or juice (my major major weakness). Even while I was having my sub, which I always get their Hi-c with, I chose to drink my crystal lite instead. So, that's something?
Old 04-27-2010, 10:00 PM   #1346
Junior LCF Member

Today has been... interesting. I don't really know what to think. All I've eaten today is two small hamburgers (maybe they were 1/3 of a pound between the two of them, at most... I don't know, I didn't measure) with one slice of American cheese and some low carb ketchup and mustard. I'm kind of hungry, I think, but I really don't want anymore tuna. I'm starting to think that I'm bending the rules to be this early in the game. The hotdogs have been fatty. The taco chicken had a couple of carbs. Today's slice of cheese was full-fat (the fat-free kind only had 4 fewer grams of fat but 6 more carbs). I'm justifying these "cheats" because without them I'm not sure that I'd stick to the diet. I had a bite of the burger without the cheese and it was so bland that there was no way I was going to eat it. Same with the chicken; I tried some just grilled, but it was so incredibly bland that I couldn't stomach it without some seasoning, and taco seasoning is what I had on hand. What do y'all think? Be brutally honest with me. Am I making concessions that I shouldn't be making?

I did a great job of NOT packing breakfast on my way out the door to work tonight. I woke up with barely enough time to wash my face, throw on some clean scrubs and get to work on time, so I'll probably be going through the drive-through for breakfast. My plan is to get a side of McDonald's eggs. I checked the website and it appears to just be fat and protein, just like real eggs. (<-- yet another "cheat" that I'm questioning; should I be eating out, even eggs, this early in the game?)

I've had a great weight loss, nearly 5 pounds only 3 days, so I feel like I must be doing something right, but I don't want to justify "cheating." I figured it was alright to have the slice of full-fat cheese because I didn't have anything else high in fat today and I only had one slice, and it seemed like the better option than the carb-laden fat-free kind. ...now I'm starting to think that I'm just making this too complicated.

Lisa -- I'm so jealous of your doctor! I need to find a new doctor; mine is horrible, but I hate doctors so I don't go to them except when I'm on my deathbed, which never leaves time to find a new doctor. 40 pounds is a lot, but in the grand scheme of things, it's really not that much. It's 8 - 12 weeks on the diet! Think about what you want and do whatever is best for you. No one can make the decision for you, but we all support you in whatever you decide.

Denise -- *big hugs* Remember to take care of yourself. Glenn always wanted the best for you; now is no different. Please try to give yourself permission to feel however you're feeling, and feel free to talk to us or whomever else you feel comfortable chatting with.

Yam-Yam -- When you're back home, please tell us more about this bootcamp! Maybe I missed the details, but I'm really, really interested! Way to kick some bootcamp booty!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:25 PM   #1347
Junior LCF Member

Diana -- Don't sweat the slip-up. I slipped up on my first day on the diet, but with the support of the board, I was able to get right back on track. Just stay on plan from here on out. Mistakes happen. Success is defined by how you respond to mistakes.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:09 AM   #1348
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hello peeps!! I've just read 4 pages!! You guys talk!!! I did check in a couple of days ago on my fiance's iPhone...(I know how mean!!! I keep saying I want one and he went and got one for himself! I was seriously thinking of taking it back with me!) Anyway I could only really read-and even then I had to keep scrolling around, I tried to post but typing is too annoying!!
Anyway I could have sworn I read that you were at 133, Al and then you were at 118---I thought the screen had been too small for my eyes!! But then someone mentioned it!! OMG that has to be the record of all whooshes!!!!!!!! Too cool!!! Glad you had fun on holiday!└nd you're completely back on plan straight away--well done you!!
Lisa-I've all my fingers crossed for your interview--I really hope you get it. It def would be "easier" than your old hours-you are really working like a crazy woman. And you'll def lose the 40lbs-how cool of your Dr. to reccommend you for the medical tummy tuck. I think you should totally go for it (only if it bothers you) You've worked so hard for your loss.
Yam yam-I'm so totally jealous of your boot camp!! You'll be so buff!! And the inch loss!! I'd love to go to one--but I'm a bit lazy!
Denise--belated hugs
Nermo--I cant believe you haven't bought any clothes since you've started--they must actually be falling off you!!! How exciting your shopping spree will be!!
Im2--
Ok back in Germany--came back last night-woke up this morning soo homesick--I actually thought I would cry when the plane took off yesterday! And I've been staring at the calender to see when my next days ˛ff are! It wasn't as bad after Xmas--I was home for so long this time (since the end of March) and the weather was so good, and the shopping!! I just loved being at home!!
Haven't weighed--and don't intend to-for a long time!! Hee!! I wasn't that bad up until a wekk ago-well I'd been having salads and berries and yoghurt-so not QWL but not terrible--oh yeah and there were 2 cadbury's creme eggs!! But then last week--oh dear!! There was chocolate cake--twice!!! And was it worth it???? Oh yes peeps it sooo was!!!! It was afternoon tea first with Mammy-that woman is a baaaad influence!!! Hee!! (If you're nosey google "The G Hotel Galway"---that place is stunning!!! It's all pink and it has glass coffee tables with crushed swarovski crystals in them (my other great love! Hee!!.. I want those crystals on my phone!) And ther were lots of BLTs!!
But today I am back on plan!!! 100%. Well actually I've had nothing to eat cos I have to go shopping after work..but it's gonna be turkey and tuna all the way!!! And I've to get bact to the exercise-maybe not today cos I'm tied but tomorrow! I actually missed it--well not exactly spending hours on the bike-hee!-but the way it makes me feel!! I def "feel" lighter on QWL-I feel sluggish with eating crap!
So I def didn't meet my goals for April--but May is gonna be a great Month!! From Jan to March I didn't lose much weight at all but I did lose lots of inches so hopefully that will continue and the weight will follow!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 04-28-2010, 05:10 AM   #1349
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow my post takes up the whole screen!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:14 AM   #1350
Big Yapper!!!!

<--------I thought that was too funny!!!....a bit mean...but funny!!!!
Closed Thread