Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 07:41 AM   #1291
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Thanks Al and IM! You guys are always so supportive! I am really on a mission and want to get back to those size 10 jeans i have and was able to put on in Feb! A 16 is fitting snug right now! I'm not sure if u guys remember when i had lost 23 pounds and Chris wanted to see the scale because he thought i wasn't telling the whole truth.. well I'm gonna let him see the scale this time. I want him to keep encouraging my weight loss and help me with it. No more sabotaging me... he wants me healthier and i do too, but hes afraid deep down if i get thinner i wont want him anymore! Its sad!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #1292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
Thanks Al and IM! You guys are always so supportive! I am really on a mission and want to get back to those size 10 jeans i have and was able to put on in Feb! A 16 is fitting snug right now! I'm not sure if u guys remember when i had lost 23 pounds and Chris wanted to see the scale because he thought i wasn't telling the whole truth.. well I'm gonna let him see the scale this time. I want him to keep encouraging my weight loss and help me with it. No more sabotaging me... he wants me healthier and i do too, but hes afraid deep down if i get thinner i wont want him anymore! Its sad!
WTG, Lisa. . I'm thinking Chris will see a whole new you once your weight stops dropping again. Gotta love the confidence and motivation. . great endorphines. .
Old 04-27-2010, 08:17 AM   #1293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
off topic... IM2 and anyone else with young boys (or even girls): Do your kids love dinosaurs??? I'm planning to get tickets to "walking w/ Dinosaurs". Not sure if its already went by your town but it was amazing when I saw it a few years ago. The kids will enjoy it even more now that they are older. Hubby and I were totally wowed.
I bet my boys would love it. . No. .unfortunately I never saw/heard of it. I'll have to google it when I get home. . We are north of any big city so we don't get a bunch of stuff here. We get all the Old-timers.

BTW. .love you new Avi. . I'm feeling a little devilish myself so I decided to change mine . . lets see if evil is better than good. .((((evil laughter)))
Old 04-27-2010, 08:18 AM   #1294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Its been raining for 3 days! UGH! I have a tray of chicken to grill up...guess I'll have to get out the raincoat and goloshes...

I really dont like baked chicken breast....
I hear ya.. get yourself a little hibatchi . then you can put it on the window sill .
Old 04-27-2010, 08:30 AM   #1295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Good Morning Ladies
Down .4lbs today, even though I'm feeling slightly bloated because of TOM so no complaints here. An even 190. I like that I haven't seen a 2 on the scale in days now... Since I weigh myself at night too, I used to see that 2 pop up and make me go - It means it's truly a thing of the past!

Yesterdays menu:
B: 1 HB egg, Coffee
S: SF Jello Cup
L: 7 ozs grilled chicken
D: 5 ozs grilled chicken
and I probably drank a gallon and a half of water yesterday! I guess putting tabasco on my chicken helps me chug the water too since it's spicy. Or maybe it's just me, I water.

Today is my only day off - I am getting tired of working 6 days a week, have been for months now. But, come end of August, I quit my job and go on my European adventure! So... today I am going to be at the computer all day researching hostels and booking them. Plus I need to figure out which rail pass to buy. Soooo expensive... Looks like I'm going to spend about 1,500$ just on train transportation for the 6 weeks I'm there. All the working is paying off and staying low carb has saved me a ton of money! Only problem is, all the advice for the budget traveler says to buy a loaf of bread and eat that during the day, along with a cheap meal. I know I can't stay low carb while traveling but I do not want to eat bread... Honestly, I was never big on bread to begin with so if I went the rest of my life without ever eating it, that'd be fine by me!

Lisa, my goal is to get into my size 10 jeans too!! Oh, I still have those hanging in the closet and I look at them with envy! Size 10 really looked good on me and I miss being that weight. And I am sorry your whole plan was sabotaged while they were visiting... How was your birthday???

al, it's been raining here for 3 days too!! No rain right now but very cloudy! There is nothing like grilled chicken! *drool*

Yam, you home yet girl??

IM2, way to be responsible on getting those tests done!! It was probably that little green candy!! Come on now, you and I both have 6lbs to get off to meet our goals, let's be strict and see if we can get there or just how far we can get!!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 04-27-2010, 08:34 AM   #1296
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hiya gals,

I am having an okay week- I am staying completly on plan but for some reason I am up 212.4 ... mmmm. i dunno why though.

Well my mother in law gave me an exercise bike- (it's about 20 years old but it is working) lol I was on it for a total of two minutes- my legs started to hurt,loool . I put it in front of the t.v let's see when I exercise what'll happen.

Lisa- WTG- Glad you are sorting everything out with your life.

IM, GT, Al

Al- Weren't you at 133... what the heck happened? Whatever it is let me in!
Old 04-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #1297
LJB
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Hi all!

I'm sorry I haven't been posting in this thread. The past few days have been tough. I went through a terrible binge during the weekend and had some personal issues to deal with.

Right now, I started a new plan called "Dukan's PROTAL". It is basically Stillman's with a few tweaks here and there. I am on Day 2 of the "Attack" phase and seem to be ok. The main reason why I failed at Stillman's and the Egg/Fat Protein fast was I exercised far too heavily. This caused me extreme fatigue and a burnt out feeling.

I'm not going through that again. I will do it right!

"Eating fat and protein?Go figure!." -
Lora

Old 04-27-2010, 09:09 AM   #1298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hiya gals,

I am having an okay week- I am staying completly on plan but for some reason I am up 212.4 ... mmmm. i dunno why though.

Well my mother in law gave me an exercise bike- (it's about 20 years old but it is working) lol I was on it for a total of two minutes- my legs started to hurt,loool . I put it in front of the t.v let's see when I exercise what'll happen.

Lisa- WTG- Glad you are sorting everything out with your life.

IM, GT, Al

oh nermo, as far as I'm concerned, exercise, in front of the tv, is the best thing! I put a show on then I put a side by side aerobics workout on too (the one I know by heart since I've done it so many times) that way I can pay attention to the show I'm watching. It makes the workout just fly by!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #1299
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
well I'm gonna let him see the scale this time. I want him to keep encouraging my weight loss and help me with it. No more sabotaging me... he wants me healthier and i do too, but hes afraid deep down if i get thinner i wont want him anymore! Its sad!
Im so glad he's on your side this time. We know how much you love him and he should too! He's gonna be so excited when he gets a new girlfriend in a few weeks - Y-O-U!!! He wont let you go anywhere!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:40 AM   #1300
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I hear ya.. get yourself a little hibatchi . then you can put it on the window sill .
Im all stocked up - 8 grilled chicken breasts ready to go! Well, now theres only 6 and a half.... yum
Old 04-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #1301
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hiya gals,

Hiya Nermo!!!

your up .4 because you will see a 3 pound loss in the next 2 days! Im sure of it! Great score on the bike!!

I was at 133... then came the ultimate flush... trying hard to get back to goal. Not even using seasonings! I guess I love torture.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:46 AM   #1302
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lady M
Stats: 218.6/??/93.0
Quote:
Gwn, Yam, GT, Nermo, Lady M, Denise. .Tania . Kathy and all you fellow lurkers. . .! What be happin'in? Are we having a good week? Check in - we need some inspiration. . Strength in numbers!!!
I'm makin' it. I'm making the best choices I have available. They're not always perfect, but I'm proud of myself for doing the best I can do instead of just saying, "Screw it!" and gorging on whatever looks appealing. That's what I'd do on any other diet any other time, which is why I'm so pleased that I'm not. Yesterday I had taco chicken and cheese for brunch and a hotdog with mustard for dinner. I haven't eaten yet today, but it'll probably be some more taco chicken sans the cheese for brunch when I get home from school. It'll likely be tuna for dinner. Ironically enough, I'm having a hard time finding time to eat! This is a new issue for me. Usually, I MAKE time to eat... usually by going through the drive-through window. I guess this is a good change. Hopefully I'm on my way to being a skinny chick.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:47 AM   #1303
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJR View Post
Hi all!

I'm sorry I haven't been posting in this thread. The past few days have been tough. I went through a terrible binge during the weekend and had some personal issues to deal with.

Right now, I started a new plan called "Dukan's PROTAL". It is basically Stillman's with a few tweaks here and there. I am on Day 2 of the "Attack" phase and seem to be ok. The main reason why I failed at Stillman's and the Egg/Fat Protein fast was I exercised far too heavily. This caused me extreme fatigue and a burnt out feeling.

I'm not going through that again. I will do it right!
Hi LJR!!! Sorry things got slipped up, but glad you are here and back on track!!! We can do this!!! I'd love to hear more about the PROTAL... Sounds lean and mean... The thing I love most about Stillamans is not exercising. why so much?
Old 04-27-2010, 09:50 AM   #1304
Blabbermouth!!!

Gwn- how many tuna pouches can you fit in your backpack?? that'll work!!! (Although, I think i would be in heavy on the bread diet..) You could have them automatically shipped every few weeks to your next destination... I know it sounds crazy... You are gonna have such a fabulous and exciting time! Try not to worry about what you are gonna eat. (easier said than done..cant even follow my own advice)
Old 04-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #1305
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lady M
Stats: 218.6/??/93.0
Quote:
No more sabotaging me... he wants me healthier and i do too, but hes afraid deep down if i get thinner i wont want him anymore! Its sad!
I wonder if this is the issue with my husband. He's been talking to me about how bad of an idea this diet is since I started, about how I won't keep the weight off, etc. I'm starting to wonder if he's upset that I'm finally deciding to DO something about my weight instead of just complain about it and try a half-hearted attempt at dieting. He's a big guy himself, around 325 pounds on a 5'10" frame. I don't care about his weight; I love him no matter what, but I'm starting to wonder if he's getting upset because I'm deciding to do something about my weight and he's not ready yet.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:53 AM   #1306
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady M View Post
I'm on my way to being a skinny chick.
YOU SURE ARE! Great job Lady M. Stillmans is working its magic and taking away the appetite!!! As the days go on, you'll have to leave notes for yourself to remember to eat!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:59 AM   #1307
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady M View Post
I wonder if this is the issue with my husband. He's been talking to me about how bad of an idea this diet is since I started, about how I won't keep the weight off, etc. I'm starting to wonder if he's upset that I'm finally deciding to DO something about my weight instead of just complain about it and try a half-hearted attempt at dieting. He's a big guy himself, around 325 pounds on a 5'10" frame. I don't care about his weight; I love him no matter what, but I'm starting to wonder if he's getting upset because I'm deciding to do something about my weight and he's not ready yet.
This makes a lot of sense to me. I can relate it to friends. No one wants to be the big chick of the group, but its much easier (and more fun to eat) when everyone is. The minute someone goes on a diet, the rest are sure to follow.. One of us cheats and we all want to or do, but we hear someone is doing good and then we're encouraged to do better too. Hopefully, your hubby will see your amazing results and want to follow in your footsteps! Im so proud you are making the right choices for yourself to get it done! Great job! Am I making sense or am I a weirdo...
Old 04-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #1308
LJB

Quote:
Its been raining for 3 days! UGH! I have a tray of chicken to grill up...guess I'll have to get out the raincoat and goloshes...

I really dont like baked chicken breast....
If you had my recipe you'd love it! Unfortunately, it involves butter, Onion Soup Mix, and Parmesan cheese. I made it this weekend. Wowzers!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:04 AM   #1309
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I bet my boys would love it. . No. .unfortunately I never saw/heard of it. I'll have to google it when I get home. . We are north of any big city so we don't get a bunch of stuff here. We get all the Old-timers.
Sorry IM2- closest is Chicago...

www.dinosaurlive.com The official Walking with Dinosaurs, Arena Spectacular website. Touring the UK,
Old 04-27-2010, 10:05 AM   #1310
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJR View Post
If you had my recipe you'd love it! Unfortunately, it involves butter, Onion Soup Mix, and Parmesan cheese. I made it this weekend. Wowzers!
Well you must put it in our, "if we must cheat on Stillmans thread"... sounds delish!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #1311
Blabbermouth!!!

OK...two waters down....gonna go glug one more with my vitamins..bbl
Old 04-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #1312
Senior LCF Member

hmm.. question does it matter if I eat brown eggs or white?
Old 04-27-2010, 10:51 AM   #1313
Senior LCF Member

BAD NEWS IF THIS IS TRUE! I as talking to one of my Co-workers about going back to stillmans and she asked me how do I season my meat. I told her i use low sodium spices like garlic powder, onion powder, and stuff like that. I also told her that i will sometimes throw a green pepper in and cook it with my meat for the flavor, but remove the green pepper and throw it away... She said why would u throw it out? I told her I dont need the extra carbs and i use it for flavor only. She laughed and said if u are using it as a seasoning and cooking with it you are releasing the carbs of the pepper into the meat.. what do u think gives it it's flavor? U might as well eat the pepper too. I thought OMG! Is this true??? does anyone know anything about this?????
Old 04-27-2010, 10:53 AM   #1314
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
hmm.. question does it matter if I eat brown eggs or white?
HIYA NERMO!!!! I like white eggs! I think brown eggs are gross! The whites are so thin...
Old 04-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #1315
LJB

Quote:
BAD NEWS IF THIS IS TRUE! I as talking to one of my Co-workers about going back to stillmans and she asked me how do I season my meat. I told her i use low sodium spices like garlic powder, onion powder, and stuff like that. I also told her that i will sometimes throw a green pepper in and cook it with my meat for the flavor, but remove the green pepper and throw it away... She said why would u throw it out? I told her I dont need the extra carbs and i use it for flavor only. She laughed and said if u are using it as a seasoning and cooking with it you are releasing the carbs of the pepper into the meat.. what do u think gives it it's flavor? U might as well eat the pepper too. I thought OMG! Is this true??? does anyone know anything about this?????
There are 3.2 grams of carbs in a 1/2 cup of raw green pepper.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #1316
Senior LCF Member

LJR- just read up on your Dukan's plan- sounds a little like stillman's but it's just too complicated for me- hehehe- I like about stillman's is the no fuss- and no thinking- lol you can either eat priteins or proteins,LOL
Good luck and thnx for sticking around here- We love havin' ya!
Old 04-27-2010, 11:31 AM   #1317
LJB

Quote:
LJR- just read up on your Dukan's plan- sounds a little like stillman's but it's just too complicated for me- hehehe- I like about stillman's is the no fuss- and no thinking- lol you can either eat priteins or proteins,LOL
Good luck and thnx for sticking around here- We love havin' ya!
Thank you!
Old 04-27-2010, 11:39 AM   #1318
Senior LCF Member

question everyone- at 212 what size should I be wearing- american size- remember I am overseas and sizes are different here I wanna know because my hubby and some friends are coming so I wanna shop online hehehe
Old 04-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #1319
LJB

Quote:
question everyone- at 212 what size should I be wearing- american size- remember I am overseas and sizes are different here I wanna know because my hubby and some friends are coming so I wanna shop online hehehe
Online Conversion Chart.

Hope this helps!
Old 04-27-2010, 11:56 AM   #1320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That's a hard question to answer because everyone is built different. I carry a lot of weight in my butt/thighs/hips and at 212 I was a snug 16 US, I'll let you convert.
Closed Thread