Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #1261
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Sorry for stealing the fairy..... you can have her back! i think my punishment shoulve been much greater, thats for sure.....now I can definitely see myself jumping off the wagon face first and tongue hanging out in the very near future....but not until I get back to goal..

I may be talking too soon, but Im not getting the carb withdrawal headaches or fatigue. this is a very very good sign.. its almost like it never happened...well....the new jeans still dont fit... perhaps in another week! crossing fingers..

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #1262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
its almost like it never happened.
That's denial, at it's best. I know it well
Old 04-26-2010, 01:26 PM   #1263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Coffee Question.... do you guys drink hazelnut or french vanilla? Is there syrup in the grounds? there are no ingredients on the box...

I just picked up some K-cups for hubby and want to go there but know I probably shouldnt go there..

thx!
OMG, Al. . don't ruin it for me. . I never thought of that. . how can they? I don't think they put anything in it.. Now I'll have to look, myself.. I've used both. .Vanilla and hazelnut.... Mmmm. .stupid ugly carbs, anyway!
Old 04-26-2010, 01:29 PM   #1264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lunch - Grilled Chicken
Snack - 1 boiled Egg
more water,. .
Vitamins by the handfuls.. . .are you taking yours, Al? Huh. . if you push me. .I get to push you. Vitamins and water. get on it!!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-26-2010 at 01:31 PM..
Old 04-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #1265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Coffee Question.... do you guys drink hazelnut or french vanilla? Is there syrup in the grounds? there are no ingredients on the box...

I just picked up some K-cups for hubby and want to go there but know I probably shouldnt go there..

thx!
OK. . I feel better now. . here's the scoopy: took a while as there seems to be a lot of debate. but while doing the research. I found even regular coffee has trace carbs in it!! Why. .I dunno:

Folgers Ground and Whole Bean nutritional info

Question: What is the nutritional value for ground and whole bean coffee, both flavored and non-flavored?

Answer: Our coffees are 100% pure coffee. Since coffee has no nutritional value, there's no significant amount of calories, protein, carbohydrates, fat, sodium, or potassium. In fact, one serving of brewed coffee contains less than 5 calories.

We use natural and artificial flavorings in our flavored Ground and Whole Bean versions. You'll get a smooth coffee taste, with just a hint of flavor. The best part is that the flavorings don't affect the nutritional content of the coffee; there are no additional calories, carbohydrates, alcohol or sugars.

If you prefer decaf coffee, it might help to know we only use pure water and natural ingredients for decaffeination. So, you can have all of the flavor, without all the caffeine!
Old 04-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #1266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I guess I'm not going to lose any sleep over 5 calories. . Unless of course, i decide to caffinate up right before bed. . Then I'll lose sleep!! I crack myself up some days. .
Old 04-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #1267
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Lunch - Grilled Chicken
Snack - 1 boiled Egg
more water,. .
Vitamins by the handfuls.. . .are you taking yours, Al? Huh. . if you push me. .I get to push you. Vitamins and water. get on it!!!
I didnt want to add any additional vitamin carbs during my fat flush, but I will start up the pills in a day or two. pinky promise!

menu looks great! whats cookin for supper?

I'm in the process of making sausage and peppers (and pasta- yikes)....havent done this in a very long time. Ive left my poor hubby eating frozen pizzas or plain chicken on a plate because I didnt feel like cooking real meals. the kids always get fed but they'll only eat like 3 different things... He never complains and says not to do anything special for him or cause more work for myself. Im renewed and refreshed since my trip and Im gonna try to be a better wife. (still gonna make him do the vacuuming though)

rambling on and on...sorry
Old 04-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #1268
Blabbermouth!!!

Im thinking we're good on the coffee. Flavored or not. We probably should be leary if ordering it thru a drive thru because they may put the squirt of syrup in.. just guessing....

think I'll have the french vanilla for my nightime treat!

I'm going to be planning little splurges for myself from here on in. Ive been like a crazy drill sargeant forever. meat meat meat! Well, Im gonna start slow and maybe once a week, have a little cream in my coffee. Oh yeah. that was the best part of vacation... OK...maybe the second best part....
Old 04-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #1269
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lady M
Stats: 218.6/??/93.0
Sorry for the drive-by post, but I only have a few minutes before I need to lay down to try to catch some Z's before work tonight.

So, I love this diet! In 2-1/2 days I've lost 4 pounds! I know a lot of that is water weight, but that's still about the amount of loss that I would be thrilled for in an entire first week of any other plan. I wasn't going to weigh myself until Thursday, but cravings have been setting in and pizza will be at work tonight. I needed to see if I was getting results, because (my loser self) was going to eat pizza tonight if I didn't show a loss. I was hoping to be down a pound, but low and behold, I was down nearly 3 pounds since I weighed in yesterday morning! Umm... pizza is a NO GO! Obviously, my weight loss won't continue like this, but I'm starting to feel like that there might actually be hope for me. Maybe I won't be the fat kid forever!

Mmkay... off to get some sleep. Chat with y'all later!
Old 04-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #1270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady M View Post
Sorry for the drive-by post, but I only have a few minutes before I need to lay down to try to catch some Z's before work tonight.

So, I love this diet! In 2-1/2 days I've lost 4 pounds! I know a lot of that is water weight, but that's still about the amount of loss that I would be thrilled for in an entire first week of any other plan. I wasn't going to weigh myself until Thursday, but cravings have been setting in and pizza will be at work tonight. I needed to see if I was getting results, because (my loser self) was going to eat pizza tonight if I didn't show a loss. I was hoping to be down a pound, but low and behold, I was down nearly 3 pounds since I weighed in yesterday morning! Umm... pizza is a NO GO! Obviously, my weight loss won't continue like this, but I'm starting to feel like that there might actually be hope for me. Maybe I won't be the fat kid forever!

Mmkay... off to get some sleep. Chat with y'all later!
Great!!! with your new found skinny self. .you'll be able to have that pizza talk to the hand!!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #1271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I didnt want to add any additional vitamin carbs during my fat flush, but I will start up the pills in a day or two. pinky promise!

menu looks great! whats cookin for supper?

I'm in the process of making sausage and peppers (and pasta- yikes)....havent done this in a very long time. Ive left my poor hubby eating frozen pizzas or plain chicken on a plate because I didnt feel like cooking real meals. the kids always get fed but they'll only eat like 3 different things... He never complains and says not to do anything special for him or cause more work for myself. Im renewed and refreshed since my trip and Im gonna try to be a better wife. (still gonna make him do the vacuuming though)

rambling on and on...sorry
Carbs in vitamins don't count! Get your multi in at the very least. OMG. Drill seargant is right. . We need to whip you into shape. .You have the body now you have to fine tune it and keep it running smoothly!!
Old 04-26-2010, 02:55 PM   #1272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Grilling up some "lean" mean lemon pepper pork!!! I can smell it from here. .I better go make sure hubby burns mine just the way I like it! LOL
Old 04-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #1273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gotta run. kids have karate and I have walkin to do. . can't be sitting on my hiney all night, too!!! XXOO.. talk to ya later!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #1274
Blabbermouth!!!

Lady M- Awesome results and what great spirit!!! Thats the way to stay away from the pizza!! Expect another 4 gone a few days from now. You've felt the power of Stillmans and there no turning back!! WTG!

IM2- You are so right. and the pork sounds soooo good... now that I did all the cooking for everyone else...I'm stuck with tuna... Good luck with the steps! Youre sure to hit 10k tonight!!!

Menu: which is on the small side for me

1.5 grilled chicken breasts s&p only
2 cans of tuna
5 bottles of water
lots of black coffee

Lisa, GT, Sharon??? Hows everything going??
Old 04-26-2010, 03:14 PM   #1275
Blabbermouth!!!

Lady M.... how tall are you? Im curious what I would look like at 93 pounds. You must be a shorty like me, right?
Old 04-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #1276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Zooming by for a quick hi lo.. . .I bought 10 bags of chicken tonight. . I'm ready to roll .. it was the quick frozen kind on sale for 5.99 . .couldn't pass it up. . boiling eggs , grilling more chicken. . browning beef. .I'm can just feel the poundage falling off. .
Old 04-26-2010, 07:16 PM   #1277
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lady M
Stats: 218.6/??/93.0
Quick post before work tonight. If I finish my other work (I'm a web content writer, too) in time, I'll be back on the board tonight. Otherwise, this is it until sometime tomorrow.

I made "breakfast" (or would it be dinner? I'm so confused with my wacky schedule!) before hitting the hay. I had chicken cooked with taco seasoning. I know that there are some carbs in that, so I rinsed and patted dry the chicken to get off all of the extra sauce-stuff. I had a little bit of fat free cheese with it, but I really didn't notice the cheese much, so in the future, I'm just going to skip it.

Al -- I'm definitely a shorty. I'm 5'0 if I get measured in the morning after I stretch. LOL My charts say 5'0, so I'm stickin' to it, but I'm really more like 4'11-1/2" My goal weight is kind of an arbitrary number at the moment. I've never been that small at my height. The smallest I even maintained was around 130 and I was in a size 8/10, so I figure that around 35 pounds lighter I should be in a 4-ish. I guess we'll just see when I get there.

IM2fat -- It's always nice to have the house stocked with Stillmans-friendly foods! Just having the foods around can make you feel skinnier!
Old 04-26-2010, 07:51 PM   #1278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
IM2fat -- It's always nice to have the house stocked with Stillmans-friendly foods! Just having the foods around can make you feel skinnier!
Yes!! I really think that's the best way to stay faithful to this diet. . I seriously feel like cheating when I have no meat!!! Unfortunately, I gotta keep food in the house for the kids. . so I try to make sure I always have boiled eggs, grilled chix and the ever popular tuna packet. . I just hate when my kids eat my eggs. . EEerrrr. . good thing they are cheap and can be picked up at any corner store!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #1279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gals! I took out my special pom poms and my sparkly wand. . I am waving and shouting and turning and twisting and jumping. .

Wooosh Fairy.. Woosh Fairy. . Where are you?
We've been good. . . we've been great.
We haven't cheated. We need a date. .
come visit, come and stay.
We need your woosh to come our way. .
Old 04-27-2010, 03:49 AM   #1280
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Zooming by for a quick hi lo.. . .I bought 10 bags of chicken tonight. . I'm ready to roll .. it was the quick frozen kind on sale for 5.99 . .couldn't pass it up. . boiling eggs , grilling more chicken. . browning beef. .I'm can just feel the poundage falling off. .
Great deal! The best chicken deal Ive found was a BJs- 10 pound of frozen for like 21.99. It is frozen in a salt solution though, but real yummy.

We should all follow IM2s lead- prep prep prep! This woman is always prepared!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:04 AM   #1281
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al -- I'm definitely a shorty. I'm 5'0 if I get measured in the morning after I stretch. LOL My charts say 5'0, so I'm stickin' to it, but I'm really more like 4'11-1/2" My goal weight is kind of an arbitrary number at the moment. I've never been that small at my height. The smallest I even maintained was around 130 and I was in a size 8/10, so I figure that around 35 pounds lighter I should be in a 4-ish. I guess we'll just see when I get there.
Hey Lady M! Next time you want taco meat, just use cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and a little onion powder. There you have it - no sugar taco seasoning!! oh and add cayenne or chipotle if you like it spicy. (I DO!!)

I picked up 2 pair of jeans at walmart over a week ago, just to see how low I could go. A "1" and a "0". That was at 113. I had to squeeze into both, but the zero was real tight in my calves. I also think the cheap jeans with a bit of a stretch help if the goal is to get into a particular size. You will no doubt be thrilled at 120 and still have curves. My curves have disappeared, but oh well!

You are doing a great job! Keep it up!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:07 AM   #1282
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Gals! I took out my special pom poms and my sparkly wand. . I am waving and shouting and turning and twisting and jumping. .

Wooosh Fairy.. Woosh Fairy. . Where are you?
We've been good. . . we've been great.
We haven't cheated. We need a date. .
come visit, come and stay.
We need your woosh to come our way. .
I love it!!! and she stopped by again too. 117.5 this morning! The plan is another chicken and tuna day.

I ended up eating a third can of tuna last night. I need that slightly full feeling in my tummy or else I dont feel like I ate anything..
Old 04-27-2010, 04:11 AM   #1283
Blabbermouth!!!

off topic... IM2 and anyone else with young boys (or even girls): Do your kids love dinosaurs??? I'm planning to get tickets to "walking w/ Dinosaurs". Not sure if its already went by your town but it was amazing when I saw it a few years ago. The kids will enjoy it even more now that they are older. Hubby and I were totally wowed.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:20 AM   #1284
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Hi everyone!

Okay Chris's family is GONE! YAY!

It was HORRIBLE! I went to family function after family dining... grrr well let me tell you did I feel like an ODD BALL!!!! Chris's whole family is tall and skinny and I'm short and fat! Now I can't change my height to fit in, but i sure can change my weight to help.. and wear really tall high heels

I am back on Stillmans! Day one today!

I didn't make any of my goal weights I set this month! In fact I went up and up and up!

I'm not gonna let that stop me though. I am gonna make my May goals!

I cooked up a bunch of ground turkey and lean hamburger. I have my tuna in the fridge. Gonna get some hard boiled eggs going as well!

I am prepared and ready for this FAT to fall off!

I'm looking at switching jobs from Home health to the Hospital. I would work in the lab. I have an interview tomorrow for it. My days would be much better and I wouldn't have the wear and tear on my car. I have put over 4000 miles on my car since i got it a few months ago! My hours are crazy and it makes it difficult for me to eat properly. I think having a strait 8 to 12 hr shift will allow me to make better decisions!

Well I have to head out the door! Hope everyone is doing well! I am so ready for this weight loss again. I am taking pictures of my progress and Chris is supporting me this time!
Old 04-27-2010, 05:05 AM   #1285
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Lisa!!! Sounds like a woman on a mission! I love it. Great idea to change jobs and I hope you get exactly what you want! Your crazy hours have made it so tough for you and you totally have the right idea to make a positive change. I see great results in your future!!! Let us know how the interview goes. Nothing beats 3 days on and 4 days off!! More gym time!! woohoo!!
Old 04-27-2010, 05:57 AM   #1286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
Hi everyone!
I didn't make any of my goal weights I set this month! In fact I went up and up and up!

I'm not gonna let that stop me though. I am gonna make my May goals!

I cooked up a bunch of ground turkey and lean hamburger. I have my tuna in the fridge. Gonna get some hard boiled eggs going as well!
!
Ahh. .Lisa.. don't feel bad. . I didn't make any of my goals either. . I'm still plugging away. . I've decided I am going for my follow-up tests either tomorrow or Thursday. . I'm going to at least schedule my mammogram and I'm going to exercise and lay off the scale for a few days.. I really hate this yo-yo-ing. . Im back up today?? Must have been those little green shrek monsters! I hate that. .

So, I have grilled chicken, can O Tuna, 2 boiled eggs, some crystal light and some coffee all set for my day today.

Let's roll. .
Old 04-27-2010, 05:58 AM   #1287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gwn, Yam, GT, Nermo, Lady M, Denise. .Tania . Kathy and all you fellow lurkers. . .! What be happin'in? Are we having a good week? Check in - we need some inspiration. . Strength in numbers!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 06:21 AM   #1288
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I've decided I am going for my follow-up tests either tomorrow or Thursday. .

So, I have grilled chicken, can O Tuna, 2 boiled eggs, some crystal light and some coffee all set for my day today.

Let's roll. .
Sorry your up again... I'll take my vitamins after you schedule!

and speaking of crystal light....Ive been eyeing my stash...... picked up some new flavors.... white grape, cherry, and my favorite at the moment..apple cranberry.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:22 AM   #1289
Blabbermouth!!!

Its been raining for 3 days! UGH! I have a tray of chicken to grill up...guess I'll have to get out the raincoat and goloshes...

I really dont like baked chicken breast....
Old 04-27-2010, 06:24 AM   #1290
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Gwn, Yam, GT, Nermo, Lady M, Denise. .Tania . Kathy and all you fellow lurkers. . .! What be happin'in? Are we having a good week? Check in - we need some inspiration. . Strength in numbers!!!
I agree!!!!
Closed Thread