Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
HUNGRY TODAY!
I've eaten four eggs and just had a 5 oz can of tun with mustard.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
The excitement on this board is getting me all pumped up! That and I just finished my walk/jog/walk. man it feels good to move!
Old 04-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
I am usually up when I up my fat then I lose- Let's see how that goes!
Spoken like a pro! You got this thing wrapped around your little finger. THose pounds are history!
Old 04-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
HUNGRY TODAY!
Eat more! You shouldn't be hungry . that's the beauty of this diet. . No hunger..
Old 04-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Not sure if I'm gonna up my fat for the weekend or not, I'll play it by ear and see how I feel tomorrow. I usually gain a pound when I do up but then I lose it after 2-3 days.

I have one of those old school 1970s mod looking scales...
Gwn- thats great. Another pound woohoo! I like that you know what works and your listening to what your body needs.

Im willing to bet you are already in onederland- get rid of that antique!
Old 04-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok. I'm quite frustrated. . I've searched in every nook and cranny of my house and do you think I can find one of my 3 pedometers?" My other goal for April was to walk no less than 10,000 steps a day!!!! I think thats about 5 miles.. so it really shouldn't be difficult. I remember when I first started out, I was walking less but it made me feel good to hit that little goal. With the weather being so nice, I want to take advantage of my mood and get some exercise in already. . . *I think I'm just going to buy another one. . Can't hurt to have 4 can it? My darn kids, anyway. . I am sure one or two of them skyped ;em.. I think everyone should get their very own and see how many steps they take in a typical day and then work on increasing it. . .It is very eye opening. .
Old 04-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Love little pink Kitty delivering her eggs, Im2!!
Me, too. . we won't say anything about your cupcakes except to mention there are smudges all over my screen! MMmmmmm

I just have to say, GT. . you have done an amazing, outstanding.. wonderful job..l . .119 pounds gone! Can you believe it? Do you feel 119 puonds lighter? Do you remember when you were "heavier".. I love hearing how everyone becomes accustomed to their new healthier lifestyle. . You are exactly right. . nothing tastes as good as thin feels.. It is amazing to me that there are still days when I feel much heavier than I am. . I wonder when that goes away. . I'm not thin by any means. . but I could pass for average right now.. However, I still feel Large. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-02-2010 at 03:16 PM..
Old 04-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I seriously believe my siggie---nothing but nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

My goal for April(just cos you all wanted to know!) is to stay completely on plan, no cheats..and to tone up more and to really see 126 or less on the scale
Is it really better than chocolate? YES IT IS!!!

I love your energy! You are gonna rock this month! 126 is less than 10 pounds away! You will do it GT. Have fun at your friends!
Old 04-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
My other goal for April was to walk no less than 10,000 steps a day!!!! I think thats about 5 miles.. so it really shouldn't be difficult.
Great idea!! 5 miles seems like a lot, but I bet it adds up quick if we're tracking through the day. I want one too.

IM2, did ya hear, did ya hear.. I ran today... did you pick up a little of my dust.....

So what if it was a shuffled muffled sloppy skipping mess. Did it right in my work parking lot. Yup. Nobody can stop me now!!

More confessions.. no one was here today except me, so it wasnt very scary.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

GT has done an amazing job and you are right behind her IM2!!!! April is your month!!
Old 04-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Just zipping by for a quick check-in and hello, All!! I finished reading all the posts and just love the energy and enthusiasm.

I'm still getting worn out by the grandies. Colored Easter eggs and then baked two cakes which they decorated. What a fun mess! I let them help me grind up 2 pounds of steak with my trusty meat grinder and now we are cooking it. Smells, yum! All the seasonings. yum.

Hope you all have a great holiday weekend. Don't know if I'll be checking in much until Monday or Tuesday. I'm having the whole crowd over Sunday and cooking up a storm for everyone. Got my Easter ham thawing in the fridge.

Amazingly, I don't have much of an appetite. yay! I love how the Stillman WOE just keeps hunger at bay. Trying to munch on my leftover turkey breast and sliced steak every now and then to keep the metabolism up. Burn, fat, burn!!

Hugs

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 04-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Day 23. The scale was down 1/2 pound today 18 pounds in 23 days.

I think this proves to me that lean meat is the way I need to go - at least for a little while.

April is starting off great!

Sharon
Good job! WTG! keep up the great work!
Old 04-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Nermo- You just keep shrinking!!!! Keep it up girl!

GT- step away from the $8000 Hermes bag...But I will be googling one now to see what it is...

Lisa- You are gonna do great this month! The 20 pounds will be gone and then some!!!

IM2- Im so glad ilpirata is here to offer advice and wisdom first hand on thyroid issues. We've really been at a loss to help you out and I hope you get the info you need to get back on track. There really is something to the rum diet, huh. Cool beans on the 5 pounds!

Sharon- you are doing so well! Theres no going back now. So happy for you!
can always count on you Al!
Old 04-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning, everyone! How great to see all the April goals. I haven't determined by "big goal" but my mini goal is to watch Mr. Scale go down, down, down. . As of this morning, he budged a little . . Still not at my posted weight but I'll get there and then we can start celebrating with some steak! For now, chicken, tuna and eggs! Confession time: I did go out last night with one of my peeps. . so technically the stupid rum diet must work. . I was down almost 5 pounds this morning? Go figure. . Again. . still not at my posted weight but closer. . My girl is getting lap band surgery next month so she wants to get all the "stuff" she can't do out of the way. The good news for me is that I didn't join her in the burger and fries she ate in front of me!! Even better, it didn't really bother me to see her eating the fries. . I kept thinking to myself. . so not worth the bloat. .so not worth the calories.. so not worth my time. . The rum. .well . .that was another story! She told me her doc is making her lose a little before he does the surgery - guess what diet he is putting her on. . low carb/no carb with high protein! Funny. . .

Hey. .did anyone else notice the Parmesean cheese has zero carbs? I'm just thinking I could create something yummy with a little bit for seasoning. . How exciting!!
Good job! YAY! I am doing the rum and diet tonight!
Old 04-02-2010, 05:20 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
PLEASE Be sure your doctor is testing more than just your TSH. At a bare minimum he/she needs to test for TSH, FREET3 and FREET4. Ask for a copy of your lab results. Also have you been tested for Hashimoto's? (this is a form of hypO that is detected through a blood test for TPO Antibodies). When you get your results post them in the thyroid forum and we will help you with them. There is ALOT more to thyroid than just a TSH test and some synthetic T4. Most of us need T3 added as well to feel better/lose weight.

oh I like that journal idea! Did you know there is also a journal section here on LCF you can record your thoughts, food eaten, weight, etc. I have one but I don't want to admit my true stats right now LOL.

Don't worry I'm tracking on ****** where at least I can see whats going on.

WOW that is absolutely AMAZING! I was just re-reading my Stillman's book (I have the protein plus book) and he talks about losing that much that fast but it really seems unreal! GREAT JOB.

Today is day one for me on Stillmas. Yesterday I just did regular LC eating to come off my heinous three day carb up weekend binge. Unbelievable. I faced the scale this morning and its INSANE. Up over twenty five pounds from the low I hit last summer. SO SAD.

My goal is to stick to plan until my Doctors Appointment next Wednesday. At that visit I'd like to weigh what I weighed at my last appointment which means I'll need to shed quite some water weight in the next five days!
Thanks, I haven't looked into it yet!
Old 04-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Had a big fight with Chris today, but managed not to emotionally eat! YAY

Breakfast- Scrambled egg whites with feta cheese and blk pepper- water/cl
Lunch- 1 can tuna with mustard and one hard boiled egg diet coke- water/cl
Snack- Two cheese sticks water/cl
Supper- 1/2 pound ground beef with no sugar ketchup and mustard- water/ cl
Snack- 1/2 cup cottage cheese with splenda and cinnamon water/cl

I stopped in at the office after the "big fight" and they had mini Easter cupcakes sitting there... white cake and chocolate cake with super sweet frosting.. yummy! They also had jelly belly jelly beans out.. my favorite! But I didn't touch anything! No cheating again today YAY!

I am going to make this goal! Plus I'm gonna be meeting Chris's Mom and Step Dad around the middle of April and I don't want to be the fat g/f..
Old 04-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Ok. I'm quite frustrated. . I've searched in every nook and cranny of my house and do you think I can find one of my 3 pedometers?" My other goal for April was to walk no less than 10,000 steps a day!!!! I think thats about 5 miles.. so it really shouldn't be difficult. I remember when I first started out, I was walking less but it made me feel good to hit that little goal. With the weather being so nice, I want to take advantage of my mood and get some exercise in already. . . *I think I'm just going to buy another one. . Can't hurt to have 4 can it? My darn kids, anyway. . I am sure one or two of them skyped ;em.. I think everyone should get their very own and see how many steps they take in a typical day and then work on increasing it. . .It is very eye opening. .
I like this idea a lot. I always wanted a pedometer but never really got one... I'm really curious how many steps I take a day... Hmmm...
Old 04-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Me, too. . we won't say anything about your cupcakes except to mention there are smudges all over my screen! MMmmmmm

I just have to say, GT. . you have done an amazing, outstanding.. wonderful job..l . .119 pounds gone! Can you believe it? Do you feel 119 puonds lighter? Do you remember when you were "heavier".. I love hearing how everyone becomes accustomed to their new healthier lifestyle. . You are exactly right. . nothing tastes as good as thin feels.. It is amazing to me that there are still days when I feel much heavier than I am. . I wonder when that goes away. . I'm not thin by any means. . but I could pass for average right now.. However, I still feel Large. .

153 is definitely average, how tall are you? I am looking forward to being 150 lol.... 135 would be amazing but I am hoping I will be happy around 150, I know I was at 147, which was my lowest adult weight ever. I am 5'4
Old 04-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Great idea!! 5 miles seems like a lot, but I bet it adds up quick if we're tracking through the day. I want one too.

IM2, did ya hear, did ya hear.. I ran today... did you pick up a little of my dust.....

So what if it was a shuffled muffled sloppy skipping mess. Did it right in my work parking lot. Yup. Nobody can stop me now!!

More confessions.. no one was here today except me, so it wasnt very scary.

Congrats al, that's a huge step!! I'm really proud of you!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:21 PM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone

Had a pretty good day The weather was amazing, work was busy, biked the 3 mile round trip to work, I worked out for 20-25 minutes when I got home. Didn't have the energy for aerobics so I did hand weights. I need to get my jiggly upper arms firmed up now that it's short sleeve weather.

My appetite is almost non existent! I had to basically force myself to eat everything that I ate today... Breakfast was 2 eggs and 1 beef hot dog with coffee, lunch was 6oz grilled chicken that I pecked at over 3 hours. Dinner was 3 snow crab clusters. Over a gallon of water... 800 calories. I don't really see myself eating anything else today since that would involve cooking anything I wanted and it's after 9pm so that's not gonna happen.

Tomorrow makes 7 weeks and down 30 pounds. Today made 7 weeks without alcohol. LOL. I do miss having a nice cold beer every once in a while. Working in a bar, I am surrounded by it all the time. Not to mention french fries and cheesesteaks... You know all that delicious stuff that made me so obese to begin with I don't know what I miss most, french fries or guinness. lolol. Agh... Wait I do know, I miss the feeling of being thin or an average/healthy weight... It's been too many years That's what I miss most.

I don't celebrate Easter but I will be at work all weekend and with the 80 degree weather, I think it's going to be crazy busy so it's unlikely I'll have a chance to check in with you all. If that's the case, I hope everyone has a great weekend/holiday!!

lisar, congrats on resisting the temptation of cupcakes and jelly belly's! *drool*
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 04-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
153 is definitely average, how tall are you? I am looking forward to being 150 lol.... 135 would be amazing but I am hoping I will be happy around 150, I know I was at 147, which was my lowest adult weight ever. I am 5'4
I'm 5'4" also! 153 is high for me..due to my build.. I'm very slender through the hips (I have none). . I have no bottom. . and my legs are very thin. . I carry most of my weight in my stomach, arms, back, etc. .I think I was meant to be a petite in another life and just didn't realize it until now. . Heheheh. . I was very excited when I got to this weight but. . . . . Now I really want more. . (or less!).. . which I intend to zap off this Month!!
Old 04-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I like this idea a lot. I always wanted a pedometer but never really got one... I'm really curious how many steps I take a day... Hmmm...
I think my normal steps were about 3,000 a day. . Im going to try upping it by 1,000 every day until I get up to my 10,000. There are a ton out there. YOu can get a cheap one from Walmart . . which is what I did tonight. . I'm hoping my other three show up but I'm armed in the meantime. .
Old 04-03-2010, 04:11 AM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning!

Yam- Great that the appetite is gone. You are golden now and on the right track to hit goal. Get ready, its coming soon! Those meats sound delish! Have a great weekend with the the family! Im missing the Easter get together this year and will be working an extra 13 hour shift on Sunday. Good news is I'll be hanging around here!

Lisa- Awesome job staying away from the cupcakes and jelly beans. Like you and GT say..nothing tastes as good as thin feels. You are so gonna do it this time! Sorry about Chris, but I know how much you guys care about each other so Im sure the make-up will come soon, if not already!! You are doing great and the menu sounds very satisfying- yum. I love feta..(or used to...gorgonzola, even MORE!)

Gwn- You are so motivating! Riding the bike to work is a huge accomplishment and something to be proud of! WTG! Being a bartender and on your feet all day, I bet you do a million steps! Speaking of handweights, my coworker left some in one of our lockers..thought it might be a good idea to pump some iron on my rest days for the couch to 5. The cahart gives me a rest day every other day so I think its a good Idea to work legs one day, arms the next. Is this ok, ya think? (They are only like 1 or 2 pounds- taking it slow) Glad you're feeling the no appetite too! I want to try crab clusters- sounds so good!

IM2- Im so glad you are using words like, slender, no bottom, and thin. Much better than large. Being top heavy is a good thing! Take it from one that carries all 115 pounds in her thighs and calves. Do the pedometers do a stopwatch too? It was annoying yesterday keeping track of how many min I walked and ran...Im sure I can find one but it'll probably cost more. Perhaps i will look into some iphone apps.

I wish I had some great goals for April but Im at a loss. I'll try like heck to keep the C25K going, but like most thoughts of exercise, I get gung ho, buy new equipment or workout clothes, or sneakers, and then by the next week its already over before it started. Help me out guys. Make me do it. Remind me about those silly vitamins... ugh. forgot again yesterday...
Old 04-03-2010, 04:22 AM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
HUNGRY TODAY!
Question to the egg eaters..I was just thinking..are you able to eat less food overall when you include eggs in your day? Do they keep you more satisfied, maybe because of the fat? Ilpirata, it doesnt look like much food at all. Hope you had a really big supper!

I havent eaten any eggs on this diet because I remember them not filling me up but they seem to do wonders for you guys! I think I'll add them back when I'm on vacation at the make your own omellete station! Hello sir, may I have a 10 egg omellete? Can't wait for the reaction..
Old 04-03-2010, 05:16 AM   #85
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps! (hi Al!-see ur light) Had one vodka and diet lemonade last night! Kept away from the wine and nachos and chips! Was hard peeps--but def not as hard as Lisa and her cupcakes--Lisa your willpower is amazing...and Yam---seriously how can you bake and not lick the whisk!!! I just keep away from things that might tempt me!! Our fridge looks sad!! Even tho you should see the freezer---himself lives on wedges and pizza etc!!!
Re the eggs thing--I mostly eat 2 boiled eggs for breakfast-dunno if they fill me up more than anything else but they're def handy...don't think I could face tuna in the mornings!!! I've had an omlette once or twice inn a restaurant and OMG they are def filling!! Stuffed for hours!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 04-03-2010, 05:18 AM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

I love how everyone's so geared up for exercise!!!!
Old 04-03-2010, 05:20 AM   #87
Big Yapper!!!!

Lisa, sorry about your row with Chris....tho really if you think about it...it'll be good for your weight-loss--think of the cals burned making up!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2010, 05:50 AM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Had one vodka and diet lemonade last night! Kept away from the wine and nachos and chips!

Great job GT!!! I actually purchased my supply of CL packets to bring on my trip. Two boxes of every flavor for my vacation vodkas! looovvveee lemonade!
Old 04-03-2010, 05:52 AM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Thanks! :blush:No I can't believe it-not really. Actually if I'm real
ly completely honest I don't even want to think about it. I can't believe I had that much to lose.I really hate it when people say OMG you've lost so much, look at you! I know it's only ever meant as a compliment but it really just reminds me of how I looked before. I don't ever intend to go back there. I threw out every piece of clothing I had when I was bigger, I think in September. A part of me wishes now I had kept something, just for me to remind me how much smaller I am.
Do I feel lighter-dunno!-I def feel healthier and have loads more energy and I love the light feeling that not eating so much gives me.
And as for feeling bigger than I am-yup! Every day! I know that I'm not overweight from a BMI and I know what size I wear...but at best I feel probably slightly overweight as in people would think she could lose a stone or so (14lbs). And I ordered a blouse the other day in a shop cos it wasn't in the colour I wanted (pink!) in a Uk6 and I really thought the shop assistant was gonna shriek Oh you couldn't possibly fit in there! (she didn't..and anyway that shop is well known for vanity sizing!) I still pick up stuff about 2 sizes bigger and then I look at the thing that does fit and it looks tiny! I suppose in my head head I think I wear a US 8 or 10.
There def are days when I do look in the mirror and think ok you look slim enough!!!
The weirdest thing was tho last Sunday we were watching The biggest Loser Australia and there was a girl on it and I was thinking OMG why are you there? she looked so slim. I said it to himself and that she was way smaller than me. He just looked at me aghast and said seriously are you serious. I was. Then she stood on the scale and she weighed 86kilos. 190lbs.. I was shocked. I honestly thought she was much much lighter than me. Then he goes Do you get it now?

Ok enough of my rambling....bet you didn't want that long response when you asked!! I was just thinking out loud-sorry!!
Old 04-03-2010, 05:55 AM   #90
Big Yapper!!!!

Speaking of your trip and packing....I was thinking last night...as you do!!! Isn't it cool that our clothes are so much smaller now....you can fit way more into a case!!!! Seriously tho it's true!!!!!!!
Closed Thread