Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 02:25 AM   #811
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mizza11
Stats: 212/177.5/130-------- 187 when started stillman's
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 3/13/10-Low Fat ----4/12/10-Stillman's
Woke up this morning and was up 1/2 a pound. I'm sure it's water but it's strange that I'm more hungry than I have been the past couple of days. I did have one bite of mozzarella cheese yesterday could that do all of this. I stayed on plan other than that.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2010, 05:52 AM   #812
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizza11 View Post
Woke up this morning and was up 1/2 a pound. I'm sure it's water but it's strange that I'm more hungry than I have been the past couple of days. I did have one bite of mozzarella cheese yesterday could that do all of this. I stayed on plan other than that.
Hi Mizza

I have my "hungry" days as well. Sometimes it is only "head" hunger but other times I could REALLY chow down on something. I usually keep a big pot of chicken soup in the fridge for those times. Seems something a little waarm on the tummy helps.

I also try upping my water on those days as well - sometimes the "hungry" feeling is really my body telling me to drink.

I can't have just "one bite" of something just yet (I have been on the plan for a little over a month) as I am afraid that one bite will lead to eating the entire thing
Old 04-17-2010, 05:57 AM   #813
Senior LCF Member

Scale stayed the same this morning I am sure it is because I had a rib-eye for dinner last night and we ate really late and then went to bed.....sigh

Seems like I have a lot of bad eating habits to overcome

Do any of you have ideas for staying "regular"? It seems if I eat lean then constipation is an issue and if I increase my fat well the opposite happens (TMI I know - sorry).

I take a Multi-vitamin, 2 Fish Oil, a Calcium (2x daily), and D3. I think I will also need to add Potassium as I am getting leg cramps from time to time.

THanks for any help

Last edited by swebb; 04-17-2010 at 06:48 AM..
Old 04-17-2010, 08:41 AM   #814
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lkelley36
Anybody kind of combine Stillman's and Atkins?

I just started this a couple of weeks ago. Instead of total Stillman's, I am trying to combine Stillman's and Atkins....kind of a Atkins without all the fat. Being that I have hypothyrodism and have really had a hard time losing weight all my life, this is the first thing that has worked even a little in a long time. I haven't lost much...but I can tell in my clothes...Yea!!!! I am not eating veggies and such...just keeping with the meat, eggs and a little cheese...Low Fat Laughing Cow...yummy! I also use a tiny bit of Olive Oil to cook with. Does anyone eat egg beaters? I don't want all the cholesterol in eggs..though I do eat omelets with eggs whites and an egg yoke sometimes.

ls
Old 04-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #815
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Good Morning everyone.. just breezing by on my way out to the kid's hip/hop recital today. . yippee. . but wanted to report that Ms. Fairy paid me a visit last night! It could be I'm just dehydrated from the rum but I'll take it for now. I woke up 7 pounds lighter. . very early . and then I went back to bed with a smile on my face despite the slight headache! When I got up 2 hours later I was 2 pounds up! So I'll take the 5 and hope the other 2 find there way off later! Crazy???

Anyway, will check in later . I see we have a few questions but I don't have time to answer now. . .Have a great day, Peeps!+
Old 04-17-2010, 10:07 AM   #816
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hello Everyone I see the Whoosh Fairy has been really busy lately!!!! I am at 215 today Congrats to all us LOSERS!

IM- WTG girl it's about time and 5 pounds that's quite a Whoosh hunny!

TOM is still here but is almost gone I hope. Can't wait for it to get on it's way!

lkelly- I don't know anything about atkins I have been strict Stillman's since I started in January.

Al- We so miss you- I hope you are enjoying yourself- ahhhh all those exotic fruits- I am so envious! hehehe.

We have been missing Must Love for quite a while now- Last we heard her dad was really sick- Hope everything worked out for her. We miss you Kathy!

Lisa- Good for you for staying on track- I so believe men intentionally sabatoge us! Every time I was on a diet before my husband would come home from work late at night about 3am with an extra Super sized meal from burger king and tell me he doesn't like to eat alone and "one meal won't hurt anything" and I would give in! Once you are focused on the prize you can overcome that-

What's helped me this time is that I am away at work overseas and my husband hasn't been able to take time off of work to visit- So he hasn't seen me since my 57 pound transformation !!! I think he will be happily shocked !!!
Old 04-17-2010, 12:19 PM   #817
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post

What's helped me this time is that I am away at work overseas and my husband hasn't been able to take time off of work to visit- So he hasn't seen me since my 57 pound transformation !!! I think he will be happily shocked !!!
Nermo! How great for you. . Have you told him or are you just gonna surprise him? What I wouldn't give to see his face when he sees you!!! You really need to have before and after pix. . Congrats on the loss. . I'm praying mine holds steady. .I gain at the drop of a hat so I'm really watching what I eat. .
Old 04-17-2010, 12:24 PM   #818
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkelley36 View Post
I just started this a couple of weeks ago. Instead of total Stillman's, I am trying to combine Stillman's and Atkins....kind of a Atkins without all the fat. Being that I have hypothyrodism and have really had a hard time losing weight all my life, this is the first thing that has worked even a little in a long time. I haven't lost much...but I can tell in my clothes...Yea!!!! I am not eating veggies and such...just keeping with the meat, eggs and a little cheese...Low Fat Laughing Cow...yummy! I also use a tiny bit of Olive Oil to cook with. Does anyone eat egg beaters? I don't want all the cholesterol in eggs..though I do eat omelets with eggs whites and an egg yoke sometimes.

ls
Welcome Kelley! I was just diagnosed with Hypothyrodism several months ago and have been trying to find something that works for me. I still have to go for my second round of tests to make sure my meds are working but I think they just might be. This has been my first loss since November!!~! I found that I really need to do mainly chicken and tuna with a little fat once a week. . I think Egg beaters are OK. .just check the label for Carb count. I usually do one egg and mix a few egg white in when I do omlets. .Eggs are relatively cheap here so I buy a lot of em and waste a lot of yolks! I also eat cheese and try to stick with the lower fat (2%). . I believe it to be OK especially because it wasn't around when the good Doc wrote his book. I make sure not to go over 4 oz a day. . I'm thinking the laughing cow would be OK too. . Anyway. .I feel for you being a slow loser but you will do it. I've struggled for years and years and finally went to the Doc! What a relief to know it wasn't all in my head. . My friends here convinced me to go. . They are an awesome bunch

O. .and I'm a big believer in taking your vitamins. .
Old 04-17-2010, 12:25 PM   #819
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GWN: woosh fairy. .
Old 04-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #820
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Scale stayed the same this morning I am sure it is because I had a rib-eye for dinner last night and we ate really late and then went to bed.....sigh

Seems like I have a lot of bad eating habits to overcome

Do any of you have ideas for staying "regular"? It seems if I eat lean then constipation is an issue and if I increase my fat well the opposite happens (TMI I know - sorry).

I take a Multi-vitamin, 2 Fish Oil, a Calcium (2x daily), and D3. I think I will also need to add Potassium as I am getting leg cramps from time to time.

THanks for any help
someone suggested magnesium (I take it .). I seem to be OK most of the time but if it gets too bad. . I add some fiber pills . .And more and more water. .
Old 04-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #821
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I would love any slow cooker recipes you guys have enjoyed along this journey. I work crazy hours so this is the best way for me to cook. Thank you
Here are a few Stillman Recipes That you may be able to adapt. .

I use the slow cooker all the time and usually my secret ingredient is onion soup mix. . Wonderful on Turkey breast. . chicken. .pork. I also like the cola BBQ Chicken. . I make mine with reduced sugar ketchup and it comes out mMmmm
Old 04-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #822
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Haven't had a chance to read up, at work... Just wanted to report that I'm only down .2 today so 196.2 grrr. Calories were around 686 yesterday. I'll check in tonight when I get done with work.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #823
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for answering...! You sound like you are in the same boat...I just didn't understand why I was gaining and dieting for several years now...so happy that it wasn't me, it was my thyroid!! Egg Beaters do have 1 carb...so guess I shouldn't eat a bunch of them...just don't want the cholesterol. I have done Atkins so many times, I don't gain...I just don't lose...that is why I went back the old days of my parents and decided to do this....Atkins gives you way to much fat in your diet...thanks again!!
Old 04-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #824
Senior LCF Member

Oh...and I am taking a multi vitamin, 4000 mg D3, Omega Fish Oil...yummy orange flavor in a pouch, iron (I have to have it.) and I take Colon Cleanser. Been taking it for years and it is great. I am finally feeling better and can walk!!! Yea!!! Been walking at work and a couple of miles a day on the weekends. Just ordered Zumba workout package...cause when it gets hot...I know I want be walking much...lol..I live in Memphis...very humid and yucky when summer hits..
Old 04-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #825
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: newjeneed
Stats: 292.5/212/150
WOE: Simeons HCG Protocol
Start Date: 5/15/2010
How does one contact the whoosh fairy? I am still holding... no weight loss yet even after eliminating the sodium. I just don't get why this wouldn't work for me? I have no health issues, I'm still young, what's going on? It's not TOM, and God help me, but I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnat

I'm thinking I'll try it one more week and then... I'm just going to stay fat, I've had my eye on some walnut chocolate chip cookies anyway :blush:
Old 04-17-2010, 02:16 PM   #826
Senior LCF Member

Just curious...have you had your thyroid checked...really...if you haven't...do...I thought I was just crazy! I have always had a hard time losing weight...but was really glad to know I had a thyroid problem...at least I know what the problem is now...
Old 04-17-2010, 02:42 PM   #827
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: newjeneed
Stats: 292.5/212/150
WOE: Simeons HCG Protocol
Start Date: 5/15/2010
Quote:
Just curious...have you had your thyroid checked...really...if you haven't...do...I thought I was just crazy! I have always had a hard time losing weight...but was really glad to know I had a thyroid problem...at least I know what the problem is now...
Well, I would think I might have a thyroid issue IF I hadn't managed to lose 105 lbs 2 years ago. It's just weird that I'm having such a hard time and can't point to a reason why. Do you think your thyroid can all of a sudden "kaput"?
Old 04-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #828
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hiya everyone,

Newj- Why don't you post what your menu looks like and see if we can offer you any advice. Please stick with it! I know it's hard sometimes and the frustration of not losing but hang on, we have all wanted to throw in the towel at some point in time. IM has lost but then hadn't lost since November and found out it was a thyroid problem so you never know!

Oh yeah and those cookies are certainly not worth it!
Old 04-17-2010, 03:00 PM   #829
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mizza11
Stats: 212/177.5/130-------- 187 when started stillman's
Start Date: 3/13/10-Low Fat ----4/12/10-Stillman's
Can I chew sugar free gum??
Old 04-17-2010, 03:06 PM   #830
Senior LCF Member

YES!! Believe me...and I also think that me being anorexic and bullimic when I was younger...then with all the diet pilss...ect...you see where I am coming from...all that stuff and then come to find out...you are trying to be good and eat soy..and find out that messes you up...mine came from out of the blue..and from what my doc says and from what I read...there are SO many people out there with this problem!! Wouldn't hurt to have the test done...I feel for you..believe me!! I hate this!! But glad to feel better!!
Old 04-17-2010, 03:08 PM   #831
Senior LCF Member

Good question! I didn't on Atkins...because it has sugar alcohols in it...I have found that I don't do well with those...but that is just me....
Old 04-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #832
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjeneed View Post
Well, I would think I might have a thyroid issue IF I hadn't managed to lose 105 lbs 2 years ago. It's just weird that I'm having such a hard time and can't point to a reason why. Do you think your thyroid can all of a sudden "kaput"?
I would definitely have it checked. Losing a significant amount of weight and then "yo-yoing" can do a number on our systems - can throw everything out of wack.

Make sure to read the Thyroid messages elsewhere on the LC Friend Message Board - lots of info.

BTW - My doctor constantly reminds me that each time I lose and then regain it is that much harder for the body to lose again.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #833
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks for answering...! You sound like you are in the same boat...I just didn't understand why I was gaining and dieting for several years now...so happy that it wasn't me, it was my thyroid!! Egg Beaters do have 1 carb...so guess I shouldn't eat a bunch of them...just don't want the cholesterol. I have done Atkins so many times, I don't gain...I just don't lose...that is why I went back the old days of my parents and decided to do this....Atkins gives you way to much fat in your diet...thanks again!!
I did lose my initial weight following a\Atkins but I was never a huge fan of fat. . I'm also a lifetime member of Weight Watchers so I understand all the in/outs of dieting. Weight Watchers just quit working for me and I think it was mainly due to tooo many carbs. I appreciate what protein does for me (Like today. I had 1 chicken breast of breakfast and a lean ground beef patty a little bit ago and I'm not hungry in the least - How awesome is that?). . On weight watchers I was always hungry and always consumed with thoughts of my next meal. . Well. I kinda am now, too. . old habits are hard to break. but at least my stomach isn't growling. .

Stick with us. .you'll do great . .having a support system works wonders. . especially the peeps that understand. . I still get "that's all your eating. . tuna? You're gonna be hungry. blah. .blah. .blah. .. .I still have to snicker when I'm told that. .
Old 04-17-2010, 03:42 PM   #834
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Can I chew sugar free gum??
I think so .. I just wouldn't OD on it or anything (some people believe it triggers cravings. . ) . I have to have something for my wonderful Ketosis breath. . OMG. it would knock your socks off. .
Old 04-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #835
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
How does one contact the whoosh fairy? I am still holding... no weight loss yet even after eliminating the sodium. I just don't get why this wouldn't work for me? I have no health issues, I'm still young, what's going on? It's not TOM, and God help me, but I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnat

I'm thinking I'll try it one more week and then... I'm just going to stay fat, I've had my eye on some walnut chocolate chip cookies anyway :blush:
O No you don't! You are in and you are in it to win it! If I can do this for months. . you can hold out another week. . Drink as much water as you can stand and make sure you are eating chicken and tuna. .tuna and chicken! You'll see some movement. I guarantee it!

Remind me how long you've been doing this? I suppose I could look back. .but I'm lazy sorry
Old 04-17-2010, 03:45 PM   #836
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yep! I agree with Kelley. . it took me months before I went. . its quick, its easy and its more common than people realize. . .Doesn't hurt to have a full blood work-up . . sugar, cholesterol, Thyroid. . especially if you are starting to diet. .you'll have a start point and and end point! My cholesterol is actually better since I've been doing low carb. . so go to the Dr. and complain. .they'll listen. .
Old 04-17-2010, 03:47 PM   #837
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Exactly what happened to me! I lost all my original weight on WW and could always go back and lose it. .I struggled for a year losing and gaining the same 20 pounds. then I did atkins and lost about 23-25. then I just stopped. . I started Stillmans and nothing seemed to budge. . so go get checked! It cant' hurt!
Old 04-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #838
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hiya everyone,

Newj- Why don't you post what your menu looks like and see if we can offer you any advice. Please stick with it! I know it's hard sometimes and the frustration of not losing but hang on, we have all wanted to throw in the towel at some point in time. IM has lost but then hadn't lost since November and found out it was a thyroid problem so you never know!

Oh yeah and those cookies are certainly not worth it!

And look at Nermo! She's amazing. .

<------------ btw. .do you think hubby will buy me one when I lose all my weight? hehehe. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-17-2010 at 04:02 PM..
Old 04-17-2010, 04:14 PM   #839
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I did lose my initial weight following aAtkins but I was never a huge fan of fat. . I'm also a lifetime member of Weight Watchers so I understand all the in/outs of dieting. Weight Watchers just quit working for me and I think it was mainly due to tooo many carbs. I appreciate what protein does for me (Like today. I had 1 chicken breast of breakfast and a lean ground beef patty a little bit ago and I'm not hungry in the least - How awesome is that?). . On weight watchers I was always hungry and always consumed with thoughts of my next meal. . Well. I kinda am now, too. . old habits are hard to break. but at least my stomach isn't growling. .

Stick with us. .you'll do great . .having a support system works wonders. . especially the peeps that understand. . I still get "that's all your eating. . tuna? You're gonna be hungry. blah. .blah. .blah. .. .I still have to snicker when I'm told that. .
Yeah...I have noticed that I am not soooo hungry like on Atkins...I was always craving stuff...but I am drinking tons of water...and you know...all that fat can't be good for you..BUT...I really want a salad...and I am pretty sure it would be OK..but I don't want to mess up the fact that for the first time in years, I have lost a little...so...I will wait on the salad..lol..hope all my blood work comes back OK though...I am not eating hardly any beef..hopefully my cholesterol will still be OK..gosh, have to watch salt, carbs..ect..
Old 04-17-2010, 05:03 PM   #840
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:

ls
How are you progressing with your WOE?? I am glad you found something that works for you... Been keeping up with lean meats but thinking about adding in other meats, just keeping the carbs to 5 or less a day.
Closed Thread