Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 07:09 AM   #691
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
I am down another pound today

So to summarize my weight loss to date : 23 pounds in 36 days!!

I need to put this on a sticky note and put it on my computer monitor to remind myself of the TOTAL loss so I don't dwell on a daily stall or slight gain - I also need to learn PATIENCE

Sharon

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2010, 07:23 AM   #692
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Just thinking here. Dangerous, huh? So, of course I watched the Biggest Loser last night. I always get some kind of inspiration from the trainer tips. Last night Jillian said something I've heard before. She said every now and then have a high calorie day to "fool your body" and keep it out of the dreaded starvation zone. Have you ever noticed on that show that when they do the temptations and someone eats like 3000 calories in the temptation challenge, that person loses an enormous amount of weight that week?

Our bodies are weird machines. I'm wondering if I have an occasional "carb" day if that will cause my body to start the ketosis process afresh in the next few days when I restrict carbs again. Then it might have that initial drop that I usually see the first couple of days. Might try it sometime..
We did touch on this subject quite a few message boards back. I know there were some Stillman's followers who were doing a re-feed once every couple of weeks. I think it involved eating healthy carbs but only doing so for one span of time (like 4 hours) so you don't get too far off track. I do believe a shake-up of some sort works. Like when you incorporate a fat day and feel the woosh later in the week. I think the carb load fills you and then your body switches from fat burning to sugar burning and back. Makes sense if you really think about it and if you are able to "control" yourself for the re-feed. I really believe it works for anyone who can be super strict for a week and then take a break. My problem is that my break becomes longer and longer!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:25 AM   #693
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjeneed View Post
HAHA newjeneed = expert lurker

Everyone's so helpful here! Thank you for your response, I don't know why I haven't posted more.

I didn't know that about the pork thing, even though I've read the Stillman's directions a hundred times somehow I missed that. Thanks for the tips!

I'm off to shop for more legal meat and vitamin c tablets

MMm. . .I didn't realize regular pork was out. I eat lean pork chops all the time.. .I'll have to go back and visit the rules. After all, it is the other white meat I knew bacon and ham were Does anyone else eat lean pork with positive results?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:27 AM   #694
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Just realized too that I've been cooking some of my chicken with garlic salt....

YIKES
bad salt. .bad. . bad. . . Try garlic powder and the Unsalty seasoning. . I have some but can't think of the name right now. . .a little salt won't hurt but if you look at the overall picture. . . . .
Old 04-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #695
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizza11 View Post
I wanted to say hello. I am on day 3 of Stillman's and while I'm losing I have the worst headache. I hope to feel better soon cuz it's making me irritable!!!
It will pass! Load up on pain killer and meat on. . .
Old 04-15-2010, 07:30 AM   #696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
I've had a headache all day as well. I have had plenty of fluids, but might not have eaten enough today. I was super busy
Me, too. . Must be the shift in the Earth or something. . Mine just won't give up. Course I have breath, too so maybe ketosis is setting in after my big dill pickle popcorn party!!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:31 AM   #697
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
HAHA newjeneed = expert lurker

Everyone's so helpful here! Thank you for your response, I don't know why I haven't posted more.

I didn't know that about the pork thing, even though I've read the Stillman's directions a hundred times somehow I missed that. Thanks for the tips!

I'm off to shop for more legal meat and vitamin c tablets
Welcome Newjeneeed!!! So glad you joined us. I too have never heard we cant eat pork on QWL. Ive been eating it along the way! Isnt it the other white meat?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:34 AM   #698
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizza11 View Post
I wanted to say hello. I am on day 3 of Stillman's and while I'm losing I have the worst headache. I hope to feel better soon cuz it's making me irritable!!!
Hi mizza! Welcome to the group! The headache will pass. Try to sleep it off!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:37 AM   #699
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I thought about you guys many times over the last few days! Im sorry again! I really wish you wouldnt put off your dr. appt. and I wish ilpirata would have come back with more thyroid info. Its just so unfair, but Im so glad you've stuck it out with me since the beginning! Where is GT????

I think we should get Stillmans t-shirts....I would wear it proudly!

PS- I was in the mall the other day and they had a HELLO KITTY STORE! See, I wasnt kidding when I say you were on my mind!!
ahhh. . What am I going to do with you while you are gone! Shrink, that's it!!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:37 AM   #700
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I certainly preached at other people to read Atkins and GCBC
I cant get through GCBC... Ive tried many times and fell asleep. My mind cant retain any scientific information.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:39 AM   #701
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post

I need to put this on a sticky note and put it on my computer monitor to remind myself of the TOTAL loss so I don't dwell on a daily stall or slight gain - I also need to learn PATIENCE

Sharon
Yes, you do Girl! You are rockin the Stillman's Body. . WTG
Old 04-15-2010, 07:45 AM   #702
Blabbermouth!!!

I am so excited to read of everyones success. Seems like everyone has lost! When I left you last Saturday, things didnt seem to be going so well for a lot of you but you have all proven to move on and break through those stalls!! (If they were ever stalls at all)

Great Great Job!!!! Eat Meat!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:47 AM   #703
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
MMm. . .I didn't realize regular pork was out. I eat lean pork chops all the time.. .I'll have to go back and visit the rules. After all, it is the other white meat I knew bacon and ham were Does anyone else eat lean pork with positive results?
I think you are right on IM2! Plain pork chops should be fine, without the fat. But anything processed we should keep away from! (I eat the crispy edges though- yum)
Old 04-15-2010, 07:49 AM   #704
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Awesome!!!

Nermo- how many days has been for you?? You have done so well too!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:51 AM   #705
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
ahhh. . What am I going to do with you while you are gone! Shrink, that's it!!
Thats for darn sure! Shrink shrink shirk!!!

Hubby will probably pay for internet out there so I'll have to check in with all my cheats! I really want a banana and if they have a soft serve ice cream cone station, I will park my behind right near it for the day!

or maybe not...
Old 04-15-2010, 08:28 AM   #706
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hello Everyone! Before I catch up on today's posts I wanted to report that this morning I'm down another 1/2 pound! Happeeeeeee Daaaaaaaaance!!! Guess the Whoosh Fairy stuck around from the day before! Gonna go change my stats and then come back to read.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:38 AM   #707
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I think we should get Stillmans t-shirts....I would wear it proudly!
Al: So great to see you here! Wow, we MISS YOU when you are gone. But, I hope you have just the most awesome time on your trip. I know you will. And your new bright white teeth will be blinding everyone because you will be smiling all the time!

I'm gonna broil a big, thick, T-Bone steak, melt some low-fat, part-skim, hard block mozzerella over it and then think of you while I eat it!!! LOL! You are my Meat Queen and proof that it's all gooooooood!!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:44 AM   #708
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Sharon
Sharon: Yay for you! That is a great idea. Instead of dwelling on the day-to-day or just the stall times, let's look at the over all loss is such a short time period. 23 pounds in 36 days is just awesome!!!

LISA!!! Yippee on that pound the fairy flew away with!! That should keep you away from the pizza topping. But, you are right. If you do eat some topping, it would not be the worst thing to eat. Who knows? It may even help you lose! Keep up the great work!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 04-15-2010, 08:46 AM   #709
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
well its an hour til the farewell party at Pizza Ranch! Grrrr! I will try my best, but what i think will honestly get me before the pizza woill be the darn salad bar! I swear i'm a rabbit! Love all veggies and i sure miss them right now! Headache is still here too! GRR makes me a GRUMP! I'll check back in later! Have a great day all!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hi ladies!

Got a full 9 hours of sleep in last night! It really is unreal how much sleep I get while low carbing, and it's a good, deep sleep for sure. As predicted, scale was up to 197.4 today. Boo. But I was prepared for it. Lean meats today... thinking some tuna then grilled chicken and a tilapia for dinner and maybe another tuna packet. May 2nd will be here before I know it, and I am going to be seeing a lot of people that I haven't seen since before starting this WOE so I want to see if anyone notices. LOL. Still, at 35lbs lost, very few people have even noticed!!

My DD bras are getting big on me. Just sayin' Also, I had to buy some new underwear yesterday because I got tired of them getting all baggy in my pants and being super uncomfortable.

I haven't eaten anything yet and it's nearly noon. A day after a fat fest, I just feel sooo full for forever.

al, I didn't think you had left yet! Glad to see you're still here and I am hoping you will be able to check in from your vaca! Losing 2 extra pounds was a smart idea since you'll have more room to work with while you're doing it up royal on the beach!!

congrats, Swebb!!! Your stats are amazing!! I need to learn some patience along with you but I know how you feel... In a hurry to get it off and see that scale move down down DOWN!!

Congrats lisa!!! Stay strong today, think about your birthday coming up and wanting to be a few pounds lighter! The pizza topping IS NOT WORTH IT!! You can do it!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 04-15-2010, 09:09 AM   #711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thats for darn sure! Shrink shrink shirk!!!

Hubby will probably pay for internet out there so I'll have to check in with all my cheats! I really want a banana and if they have a soft serve ice cream cone station, I will park my behind right near it for the day!

or maybe not...
I'm in~! On eof my favorites. . soft serve vanilla. . Mmmmm
Old 04-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #712
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
well its an hour til the farewell party at Pizza Ranch! Grrrr! I will try my best, but what i think will honestly get me before the pizza woill be the darn salad bar! I swear i'm a rabbit! Love all veggies and i sure miss them right now! Headache is still here too! GRR makes me a GRUMP! I'll check back in later! Have a great day all!
You know, from what I've been reading here today, maybe you should just go for the veggies and call it a "re-feed" day and be happy. Maybe the headaches are trying to tell your body something. Whatever you do, don't stress out!!! And, do not feel guilty. Stress and guilt are diet busters for sure and just send us in to a binge mentality. Today will be over. The pizza party will be in the past and tomorrow you will feel refreshed and ready to start with new resolve. We will all be thinking of you!!! Try to check in when you get back. I'll be looking for your update. Hugs and and good thoughts coming your way, for sure!!!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:13 AM   #713
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
And, do not feel guilty. Stress and guilt are diet busters for sure and just send us in to a binge mentality.

My biggest challenge to the Stillman's will come in the next couple of weeks

I have 2 back-to-back week long dogs shows in Texas and I am in charge of Hospitality! I think I will just serve MEAT

3 meals a day plus snacks and I am SOOOOO much of a "taster" when I am preparing food and a "grazer" when all that food is out on the tables.

Hopefully I will see a couple of "Whoosh's" between now and then to help keep me motivated.

Sharon

Last edited by swebb; 04-15-2010 at 09:15 AM..
Old 04-15-2010, 10:19 AM   #714
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
My biggest challenge to the Stillman's will come in the next couple of weeks

I have 2 back-to-back week long dogs shows in Texas and I am in charge of Hospitality! I think I will just serve MEAT

Sharon

Just serve meat!! I love that! I will keep my fingers crossed that you get a big pre-trip whoosh! Then you can have some breathing space. But remember how well you did on the last one! You came back to a big whoosh! Here's hoping for a ditto to that.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:26 AM   #715
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
May 2nd will be here before I know it, and I am going to be seeing a lot of people that I haven't seen since before starting this WOE so I want to see if anyone notices. LOL. Still, at 35lbs lost, very few people have even noticed!!

My DD bras are getting big on me. Just sayin' Also, I had to buy some new underwear yesterday because I got tired of them getting all baggy in my pants and being super uncomfortable.

I haven't eaten anything yet and it's nearly noon. A day after a fat fest, I just feel sooo full for forever.
People can be strange about not wanting to offend you when you lose weight. So, even they notice, they are tight lipped. I have a friend who lost 160 pounds and no one said anything! She thought it was very strange. She did realize that a lot of people just did not recognize her. lol. Interesting problem! Finally about after a year one of the moms at her kids school said she noticed the weight loss and ask her how she did it.

I know what you mean about the underwear. they end up all bunched up and turn into major wedgie givers. Butt floss. I hate going around pulling them out all the time.

Not quite there yet, but looking forward to lingerie shopping.

I wish I would have measured under my arm pits when I started this. That's where I have really noticed a difference. All that poochy underarm fat is almost gone! It makes such a difference. Still filling up the DD cup but I can fasten my bras on the second clip and it's been forever since I could do that.

Don't know if the girls are ever gonna shrink. I have to lift them up to buckle my belt! Only kidding since I don't wear belts!!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:32 AM   #716
Blabbermouth!!!

I just had a fun fashion session. Went into my closet and pulled out some skirts and pants I have not been able to wear. They fit!!! I love my full length closet door mirrors. They do not lie. I have this cute two-piece look top that I couldn't get into and now I can close the jacket all the way! I tried it with one of the skirts and it looks so cute and sophisticated. I'm definitely gonna wear it this week end. Feel like I just got a new outfit!!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:32 AM   #717
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Just serve meat!! I love that! I will keep my fingers crossed that you get a big pre-trip whoosh! Then you can have some breathing space. But remember how well you did on the last one! You came back to a big whoosh! Here's hoping for a ditto to that.
Thanks, that one was only 3 days - this is 2 weeks in the land of Bar-B-Q, Tex-Mex and Margarita's!

I think I might see if there is one of those places that serv a Texas sized STEAK like I have see on the Travel Channel and Food Network - I could really make a dent in one....heck I could probably even finish it
Old 04-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #718
Blabbermouth!!!

mmmmmmmm....steak....BIG TEXAS SIZED STEAK.....mmmmmmm.....I know I could finish it!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #719
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
mmmmmmmm....steak....BIG TEXAS SIZED STEAK.....mmmmmmm.....I know I could finish it!

How about if we all meet here when everyone reaches goal?

Amarillo, TX – The Big Texan Steak Ranch – North side of I-40 in town.

Home of the 72 ounce porter steak. If you eat it all including baked potato, salad and drink within an hour, then it’s free!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:33 AM   #720
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Okay back from Pizza ranch! I stayed away from the salad bar and ended up eating the topping off of 4 slices of cheese pizza!!!! Good thing its a buffet so they put just enough cheese on it for a thin coat so it was prob. the equivalent of 2 reg slices and the pizzas are smaller and cut smaller too! So really the pizza isn't what worried me or the salad bar, i had two pieces of fried chicken! I ate the skin on one and just the meat of the other.. so high fat day today! tuna and water for the eve and i should be okay! I hope i don't gain, but i will prepare for it if I do! Well off to another clients house!