Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #631
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post

Yes this plan DOES work but more importantly is the SUPPORT we give each other to help get us through the plateaus.

Thanks to everyone for being here
You said it, Sista!! Hugs!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #632
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Wow look at all you losers!!! Congrats!! Never been so proud of so many losers before!

No change in weight here but I expected that, ate late last night and overstuffed myself, I think. Hey does salt from seafood (had crab legs last night), make you retain water? Or is it just sodium from processed foods and table salt??

Today is a high fat day for me. Started it off right with 4 strips of bacon and 2 eggs fried in bacon grease, for breakfast. It was delicious!! Planning on a bacon cheeseburger for lunch It's like a reward to myself for sticking with Stillman's for soooo long!! Even last time I did Atkins, I could never do Stillman's for more than 4 days and I'm at about 2 weeks this time... Really 4 weeks but had 2 high fat days in there. Wow, never thought I could make it so long on lean meats hahaha.

I am going to go through all my old clothes today from when I was at my lowest weight and then some and see what fits. My work pants are all so baggy on me so the other day I found some size 14s that fit. My 18s are waaay to big on me so I retired them and my 16s are baggy on me. I have a friend who will gladly take my big clothes off my hands and I need to get rid of them so I have no "room" to gain a few pounds!!

Menu yesterday:
B: 1 can tuna, coffee
L: 6ozs grilled chicken
D: 2 snow crab clusters

miggs, I think you're making the right choice there! Definitely stick around and chat with us... Most of us aren't doing strict Stillman's but this board is so inspirational and motivational and you are welcome to stay, no matter what plan you're on!!

IM2, thanks for the confession! Sometimes I watch people and when they're not losing I go a little crazy trying to figure out what could be wrong... and when there are those little slips they don't share... ha, it makes sense then. Not gonna lie, dill popcorn sounds sooooo delicious!! But guess what, it'll still be there when you're all skinny!!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 04-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #633
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Hey does salt from seafood (had crab legs last night), make you retain water? Or is it just sodium from processed foods and table salt??
Sorry to say, yes, the salt from seafood does make you retain some water I am a seafood LOVER and need to restrict the amount of shellfish I eat....sighnow you have me dreaming of snow crab and STONE crab (now in season - YUM!)

Sharon
Old 04-14-2010, 11:00 AM   #634
Blabbermouth!!!

Gwn: You are doing great, Girl!! I'm so proud of you for sticking with it so long.

We all have our slip-ups, don't we? Like my mac & cheese fiasco the other night! I also have things I can't imagine ever giving up. Used to be I absolutely could NOT give up half & half in my coffee. But, this time from the day I started March 22, I have not had any! I started out the first 3 days just drinking green tea instead of coffee because I like it and don't have to add anything.

After that, one morning I poured a cup of coffee and realized I like the taste of it almost as much as I like tea! Who knew?

The first week I did not have even a sip of wine. But that is changing. Last night DH walked in with some wine and wanted to sip and chat together. Man, it was good! It was burgundy. I had told DH that I read in Stillman's 14 Day Shape-Up Book that on his "protein-Plus" program you can have an occasional glass of very dry wine and he recommended burgundy.

Protein-Plus Stillmans is basically QWL program with a few add ins. You get to have up to 2 cups of non-starchy veggies a day. You can have one serving of FF milk. I can't remember what else. But I did remember the wine! lol.

He says, obviously, you will lose faster if you stick w/ QWL, but you will also lose quickly and consistently on the protein plus plan. He suggests switching out every other week. It makes sense. I had steamed asparagus over the weekend and it tasted like heaven! That's pretty cool when I find a WOE that works so well I think a little skinny green plant is cheating! Most diets send me right for the potato chips, french fries and chocolate!

Gee, I'm rambling. Just have some time on my hands this morning and it's so cozy in front of my fireplace I don't want to go anywhere.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 04-14-2010 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: spelling error
Old 04-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #635
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ah okay... so no more crabs legs then. Thanks swebb. I know after I ate them, I felt soooooo full. And I thought to myself, it's only 2 clusters? But I also had a bit of a tummy ache... Maybe because I had gone so long on lean meats, virtually no salt. Idk but I guess I will hold off on them for a while... It stinks though, cuz they're so tasty and sooo low in calories and fat is like virtually nil.

Yam, I like green tea too! Sometimes if I can't get my coffee in, I stop at Starbucks and get an iced green tea and like you, I don't need to add anything to it, so it's even better for this WOE. I still have a tsp of half and half in my coffee every morning... Just don't like it black and I'm not willing to give coffee up... It's like a treat every morning plus I don't want to go through 3 days of awful headaches.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #636
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Yam, I like green tea too! Sometimes if I can't get my coffee in, I stop at Starbucks and get an iced green tea and like you, I don't need to add anything to it, so it's even better for this WOE. I still have a tsp of half and half in my coffee every morning... Just don't like it black and I'm not willing to give coffee up... It's like a treat every morning plus I don't want to go through 3 days of awful headaches.
Yes! I know what you mean and obviously it's working great for you. My opinion that allowing ourselves some small thing that we don't want to give up is a way of staying in control, not losing control. If I didn't have a few little "cheats" like that, I would probably throw in the towel. I'd think what's the use and go on a binge, I think. But that's just me. Some people have to be 100% or not at all and I understand that too. I used to be that way, but I'm too old to suffer! lol.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #637
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hello Everyone,

Just checking in Congrats to all the losers! TOM is still here and I am not feeling too well. I weighed in at 217 today! but I ate a lot of chicke today and had 3 ex large eggs and two pieces of chicken breast for breakfast and the same for dinner! I was starved ! but it was all on plan so I hope I will be okay on the scale!

you all! I will check in again when I feel better.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:33 AM   #638
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
ah okay... so no more crabs legs then.
I'm not sure you have to give them up - just be aware that you might retain some water - drink more water for a couple of days after to help flush the salt and don't worry if the scale doesn't move
Old 04-14-2010, 12:04 PM   #639
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lol swebb, but I DO worry when the scale doesn't move! Ha. And I'd rather give them up then not have the scale move for a few days. I already know I'm probably going to be up a pound tomorrow due to my high fat day today and I prepared myself for it, mentally. But I know it's good for my body, it's been telling me it needs some fat, so I'm totally okay with my weight bouncing around for the next 3-4 days. Then back to business.

nermo, you better change your stats!! Congrats on the loss. Feel better soon!! <3

Yam, yes, as they say, YMMV and boy do we all have different mileage. I can't do cheats or I just throw myself off the wagon. I have my planned cheat for May 2nd and my mind has been consumed with thoughts of it for weeks now!!! Agh. When I'm fat, I spend most of my day consumed with thoughts of food. When I'm a normal weight, I still spend most of my day with thoughts involving food. Grrrr. I know this upcoming cheat is not going to send me running for the hills. It'll be a one day event and I'm pretty sure I'm going to stay on low carb, just include alcohol that day. Just gotta make sure I keep my will power up!!
Old 04-14-2010, 12:10 PM   #640
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: newjeneed
Stats: 292.5/212/150
WOE: Simeons HCG Protocol
Start Date: 5/15/2010
Hello ladies! I have to admit that I'm a horrible lurker but I am not at all new to low carb or this site. In 2008 I lost somewhere around 105 lbs kept it off for close to a year and then fell astray of the holidays. I have since gained about 30lbs back, but I'm proud of myself for not letting it get worse than that : )

I said all that to say, I decided to start Monday on Stillmans because I've heard such wonderful things about it and I would like to lose 50lbs (the 30lb regain plus 20 more). Since Monday I have not lost ANYTHING! What's the deal? I don't believe in that "golden shot" theory or any of that, and last week I did regular atkins and lost half of my water weight so I know low carb still works for me. Any insight? Please see below for my menus.

MONDAY
B: 2 hardboiled eggs
L: 2 chicken breasts
D: 2 lean pork tenderloins "chops"

TUESDAY
L: 2 chicken thighs
D: tuna (i did eat some pickles with it but no mayo)

The only condiments I've been using is mustard and soy sauce.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:24 PM   #641
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Lisa, Im2 and ME!!! Finally! I am down another pound!! Yippeee!! Whoosh Fairy got my notice! (Oh, I saw her carrying a can of tuna under one arm as she flew by. lol.) I think from now on I should leave cheesy steaks under my pillow! ha!

This group rocks and this plan works for me. No other WOE would let me lose over 10 pounds in 3 weeks. Not at my age and for as sedentary as I am for sure.

When I leave for fitness camp on the 22nd I'm gonna be lighter and much more prepared to get my butt kicked for 7 days than I was @ 10 pounds heavier.

Gotta go change my stats. Finally!!!
YAM WTG! might try the cheesy steak under the pillow... naw.. the whoosh fairy would never get it! I would chew through my pillow first! I better stick to leaving cans of tuna.. there a bit harder to get into
Old 04-14-2010, 12:28 PM   #642
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjeneed View Post
Hello ladies! I have to admit that I'm a horrible lurker but I am not at all new to low carb or this site. In 2008 I lost somewhere around 105 lbs kept it off for close to a year and then fell astray of the holidays. I have since gained about 30lbs back, but I'm proud of myself for not letting it get worse than that : )

I said all that to say, I decided to start Monday on Stillmans because I've heard such wonderful things about it and I would like to lose 50lbs (the 30lb regain plus 20 more). Since Monday I have not lost ANYTHING! What's the deal? I don't believe in that "golden shot" theory or any of that, and last week I did regular atkins and lost half of my water weight so I know low carb still works for me. Any insight? Please see below for my menus.

MONDAY

TUESDAY

give it a few more days and up your calories a bit drink your H2o too! It might take a few days for your body to adjust from eating higher calories. your blood sugar might be to low and your body is retaining whatever calories u put in. I have the same prob when i bounce between the two! Good luck and thanks for posting! YAY! We got another buddy!
Old 04-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #643
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
lol swebb, but I DO worry when the scale doesn't move! Ha. And I'd rather give them up then not have the scale move for a few days. I already know I'm probably going to be up a pound tomorrow due to my high fat day today and I prepared myself for it, mentally. But I know it's good for my body, it's been telling me it needs some fat, so I'm totally okay with my weight bouncing around for the next 3-4 days. Then back to business.

nermo, you better change your stats!! Congrats on the loss. Feel better soon!! <3

Yam, yes, as they say, YMMV and boy do we all have different mileage. I can't do cheats or I just throw myself off the wagon. I have my planned cheat for May 2nd and my mind has been consumed with thoughts of it for weeks now!!! Agh. When I'm fat, I spend most of my day consumed with thoughts of food. When I'm a normal weight, I still spend most of my day with thoughts involving food. Grrrr. I know this upcoming cheat is not going to send me running for the hills. It'll be a one day event and I'm pretty sure I'm going to stay on low carb, just include alcohol that day. Just gotta make sure I keep my will power up!!
U can do it Gwn! Just think how good u feel right now and nothing will stand in your way!
Old 04-14-2010, 12:30 PM   #644
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hello Everyone,

Just checking in Congrats to all the losers! TOM is still here and I am not feeling too well. I weighed in at 217 today! but I ate a lot of chicke today and had 3 ex large eggs and two pieces of chicken breast for breakfast and the same for dinner! I was starved ! but it was all on plan so I hope I will be okay on the scale!

to you Nermo! good job keeping on plan! You can do it!
Old 04-14-2010, 12:32 PM   #645
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I have to admit. .I'm having a bit of withdrawal myself. I tried Al's ground beef diet and it started becoming a very bad habit. so I'm weaning myself.. Tuna, Turkey and Chicken shall be on the menu this week. . I gained this week and can blame part of it on good 'ole TOM but I can't blame it all. . OK:

My big confession. hubby was being extra thoughtful. . I have a terrible popcorn addiction. . I used to eat it every single day so if I ever plan a cheat. that's what I would eat. Usually not too bad. . Fat Free no butter microwave popcorn or air popped. I really missed it! Anyway. .there is a special popcorn shop that sells all that wonderful flavored popcorn. My absolute favorite is Dill Pickle!! Yes. . they really make Dill pickle popcorn. It is wonderful but O so salty .. .almost like drinking vinegar. . Anyway, long story short. .he bought me the 5 foot bag. .I'll admit. .I did not eat no where near as much as I usually would and I did bag up most of it and stuck it in the freezer and I brought some to work to share. . but the damage was already done. Which would account for the 5 pound gain on Monday morning. .

Whew. glad I got that off my chest and I can start clean again!!! Today is Day one of my losing streak! I'll report in the morning. . Going to bed. .Thank you for listening!!
we still love u! and popcorn too! mmmmm
Old 04-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #646
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
IM2 - Popcorn is my guilty pleasure as well. When I first started Stillman's I went out of town for a weekend. My DH cleaned all the "bad" stuff out of the pantry and fridge The times I have been tempted are now safe since there is nothing in the house

My weight was the same this morning. I forgot to leave anything out for the Whoosh Fairy

No movement of the scale is probably due to the fact that the last 2 days have been Red Meat days for me (tenderloin, rib-eye). It is back to turkey and chicken for the next couple of days.

Congratulations to those of you who enticed the Whoosh Fairy to fly by
you will be losing soon again! you have done great so far! keep it up! woo hoo
Old 04-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #647
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggsmacall View Post
I looked at all my menus for 6 months back in 2006 to see what they looked like and how I lost 85 pounds that year.

It looks like while some days were Stillman's the majority were in about the 1200-1400 calorie range and 65%-75% fat. (except that one day where I recorded 2 cheeseburgers with bun and ketchup, one 3 Musketeers bar and a Reuban sandwich in one day! I fell off the wagon HARD that day! I don't even like 3 Musketeers!)

As much as I love this group and will keep tabs on everyone (especially you, Gwn- you're having so much success!) I think I need to up my fats and carbs a little to more Atkins induction levels.

I'm feeling too shaky, on edge, grouchy and eating disorder-y if you know what I mean. It's like a race to not eat for me. I skipped breakfast and didn't eat until 2pm today telling my fiance that "eating is for closers..." Not that everyone who loses weight this way has the same experience, but despite the surge in energy from being in ketosis, I'm not feeling that great and I'm not losing.

I'll let you all know how it's going!
your one of us now, so keep us posted! we all wanna see you in that beautiful wedding dress!
Old 04-14-2010, 02:45 PM   #648
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Any insight? Please see below for my menus.

newjeneed

Just looking at the menu I would say watch your salt intake (pickles and soy) , make sure you are drinking enough water and be patient (easier typed than done I know ) We know this works. You said you lost water weight last week so maybe this is your "catch-up" week???

Also, you might try eating 5-6 small meals a day and see if that helps.

Glad you came out of lurk mode to join us.

Sharon
Old 04-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #649
Senior LCF Member

I am having a "I want to eat 'cause I am bored" day I have been working at the computer all day and get up to walk and stretch my legs.....and where do those legs walk too??? The kitchen! ugh!

I am very glad that ALL temptation has been removed. WHEW! and that I have some turkey, chicken and tuna to munch on ...... maybe I need to up my water then the legs would have to carry me to the bathroom instead of the kitchen
Old 04-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #650
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:

MONDAY

TUESDAY

The only thing I can see that would be "bad" is the soy sauce and the pickles. . Too much salt. .I would say you are retaining water. I'm not kidding when I say I can gain 5 pounds of just salt water. . Really. . Drink water and avoid anything salty for a day or two and you should see a big loss. You are probably not quite into ketosis yet so give it a day or so more.. Avoid those pickles. .they have carbs in 'em too.. Sorry :-(
Old 04-14-2010, 04:47 PM   #651
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hello Everyone,

Nermo! We are on the same schedule. . this is the only time I really dont' like being a girl. . baby yourself, rest and you'll be back to regular in no time.. I've taken extra doses of Midol so I feel pretty good at the moment. . just trying to fend off the "I need to eat something to feel better" feeling. .
Old 04-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #652
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I am having a "I want to eat 'cause I am bored" day I have been working at the computer all day and get up to walk and stretch my legs.....and where do those legs walk too??? The kitchen! ugh!

I am very glad that ALL temptation has been removed. WHEW! and that I have some turkey, chicken and tuna to munch on ...... maybe I need to up my water then the legs would have to carry me to the bathroom instead of the kitchen
Try something hot/warm to drink . Coffee. . tea. . or something very cold. . Diet Pepsi or Crystal Light. . and chew gum. .that will keep that mouth moving..
Old 04-14-2010, 04:53 PM   #653
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
we still love u! and popcorn too! mmmmm
Thanks, Lisa. .I survived yesterday and so far, so good today. . it is almost 7:00 and I've only had tuna, chicken, boiled eggs..I'm a little hungry but I plan to run to the library tonight for some new reads. . so I'm hoping that will distract me from food for while. I can't eat in the library. . Well. .then again. .they did put in a coffee shop? Who does that. . and in the library no less? Do you know what they sell with the gourmet coffee. . Well.. we won't talk about it. . I'll stay off that floor! Whew. .
Old 04-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #654
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I miss Al, already! I hope she's having the time of her life and I hope she doesn't worry one little bit about anything. She's been the poster child for Stillmans! I can't believe she's been so successful. . I think I would have given up a long time ago. . I've been doing this since July, too.. too many speed bumps with my health but I think we have it regulated now. I was supposed to go for my blood work sometime this week but I'm putting it off until next week when I feel back to "normal". .
Old 04-14-2010, 05:20 PM   #655
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

MONDAY

TUESDAY

Newjeneed!! So glad you jumped in. Actually you are not a horrible lurker, you are a great one! LOL we didn't know you were there but now you are! We all lurk sometimes and it's a great strategy to get caught up and inspired.

Actually, on 100% QWL Stillman's you are not allowed to have pork of any kind. Maybe back then they didn't have lean pork? Or maybe it's the salt content. Any kind of ham seems to be very salt laden.

If salt is the culprit, you should be visited by the Whoosh Fairy as you get into ketosis. Then you will see a drop. Are you taking your vitamins? That's important too. Did you know that extra calcium tablets and even 1000 g of vitamin C per day promote weight loss?

Keep us posted! We are soooooooo rooting for you!!!

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 04-14-2010 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 04-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #656
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, NJ, almost forgot: Wowzers on your wonderful loss in '08!!! Fabulous. You know you can do it! Can you go back and remember how your body reacted in the beginning? Did you have a huge loss right away? Or did your body take some time to adjust?
Old 04-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #657
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
YAM WTG! might try the cheesy steak under the pillow... naw.. the whoosh fairy would never get it! I would chew through my pillow first! I better stick to leaving cans of tuna.. there a bit harder to get into
Old 04-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #658
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
... maybe I need to up my water then the legs would have to carry me to the bathroom instead of the kitchen

There's a plan!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #659
Blabbermouth!!!

Just thinking here. Dangerous, huh? So, of course I watched the Biggest Loser last night. I always get some kind of inspiration from the trainer tips. Last night Jillian said something I've heard before. She said every now and then have a high calorie day to "fool your body" and keep it out of the dreaded starvation zone. Have you ever noticed on that show that when they do the temptations and someone eats like 3000 calories in the temptation challenge, that person loses an enormous amount of weight that week?

Our bodies are weird machines. I'm wondering if I have an occasional "carb" day if that will cause my body to start the ketosis process afresh in the next few days when I restrict carbs again. Then it might have that initial drop that I usually see the first couple of days. Might try it sometime.

For today, I've had a complete turkey fest! Carved up the leftover turkey and have been eating it with abandon all day. One of my favorite things about this WOE is the not counting calories part. Just eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full.

I thawed out 2 T-bone steaks and I'm gonna broil them tomorrow.

Made some of my cheesy sirloin for DH last night and boy did he chow down. Just loved it. That's gonna be one of my staples from now on for sure.

I have not dived into my tuna yet. Couple of weeks ago Bumble Bee Chunk Light in water was on sale for .44 cents a can! And I had a $5.00 cash back coupon for that store, so I bought 33 cans. The expiration date is July of 2012 so it will last me a long time if I don't gobble it all up sooner.

Or, I could take a bath in tuna. It might just fill up the tub.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #660
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: newjeneed
Stats: 292.5/212/150
WOE: Simeons HCG Protocol
Start Date: 5/15/2010
Quote:
newjeneed

Just looking at the menu I would say watch your salt intake (pickles and soy) , make sure you are drinking enough water and be patient (easier typed than done I know ) We know this works. You said you lost water weight last week so maybe this is your "catch-up" week???

Also, you might try eating 5-6 small meals a day and see if that helps.

Glad you came out of lurk mode to join us.

Sharon

Thank you!

I'm thinking it might be the salt too... grrr I love "Asian" flavors, it makes this WOE so much easier.
Closed Thread