Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 10:05 AM   #601
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I'm trying to catch up on the posts! Very fun to be gone a while and then come back and have so much good stuff to read.

My scale is still exactly the same. Amazing since I have not been sticking too well to QWL. DD brought the kids and stayed the weekend. We had so much fun! We were bad and went out for almost every meal. We just did not feel like messing up the kitchen or cooking anything. Oh, except we baked cinnamon rolls! I did not even take a bite of one! Was not tempted. Great food at the restaurants and I had a few carbs here and there. No bread, but some baked potato and steamed veggies. Oh, wine, too! Friday night I had a big New York steak and boy, was it ever delicious. My body wants more beef! ha!

I spent time yesterday afternoon starting to gather stuff together for my fitness retreat. I'm so excited. I leave Thurs. the 22nd and I know it's kind of early to start packing, but it's fun getting prepared. I don't want to forget anything.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #602
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by miggsmacall View Post
Gwn, I guess so, since I'm only down .2 pounds in five days. I guess what frustrates me is that regardless what plan I'm on 1300 calories per day and less than 10 grams of carbs should really give me a loss regardless of what plan I'm on. It's pretty frustrating. I mean, is 1T of guacamole really going to throw me off that much? It's not like it was 1T of sugar.

I'm trying really hard and am not seeing the results so soon. High fat with Atkins doesn't work for me because the fat causes cravings for me. I just don't know if at my weight I can go lower than 1300 calories. My stomach is literally growling all day and in the middle of the night.

I know there is no quick answer but I'd like to see at least 3 pounds per week. This is hard.
3lbs per week is doable! I am averaging 4lbs a week. Some weeks 5, some weeks 2. If high fat causes cravings, then stick with Stillman's but curb the fat... perhaps that's why you're still hungry? You shouldn't need to cut any more calories. If you're eating red meat, asparagus, guacamole, even salmon is on the fatty side, you're not sticking with QWL and these things might be spiking your blood sugar enough to cause you to still crave more food. I believe these things are causing your hunger. KISS (keep it simple sweetie And remember, doing what you're doing, IS causing a loss!! That's great!! But if you want to maximize your loss, you need to cut out some of those foods you're eating. Hope this helps!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 04-13-2010, 11:13 AM   #603
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yam! We missed you around here!! Congrats on maintaining and avoiding those cinnamon rolls! I passed some by in the store this morning, like literally did a double take and maybe even drooled a little then as I was checking out with my cup of coffee, I remembered how awful those things made me feel after eating them. No loss there! Glad you had a good time with the family.

Is Aleria on her vaca now?? Who else are we missing?!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:56 AM   #604
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
wow! yesterday i was a lean mean meat eating machine..okay maybe not lean, but I could not get enough food in me.. And i ate a lot of high fat and sodium too!

Today i jumped on the scale and to no surprise at all.. not in the least... it didn't budge! still 180! hmmmm what the heck! Tom is gone as of today so i guess i will cut back on the fat/salt and still consume my water.

so far today i ate 12 oz ground beef with a slice of cheese four dill pickle chips and squirt of mustard 33.08 oz of carbonated wild cherry water ( a little high on the sodium, but this is my only high sodium meal of the day)

I've been weening myself off the diet pop again. Yesterday i had only one diet coke! The fizzy water is helping and i will then ween myself off that too!

WTG Guys! Everyone is doing a great job, even if we are struggling a bit our heads seem to be in the right place.

Gwn- I expect the whoosh fairy to see me tonight, so make sure u tell her i have a can of tuna under my pillow!

Well guys have a great day! I will check back in later!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #605
Senior LCF Member

so, since i started back on stillmans, i have not lost a single pound since the 1st of the month! I was really hoping to have 10 pounds down by my birthday, but oh well.. life goes on! I'm going to Colorado for vacation in July. My goal is to be 145 by then, but if that darn fairy doesnt pick up her can of tuna I will never make it! Well I am heading to the chiropractor then off to another client. I'll hang in there!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #606
Blabbermouth!!!

Caught up on all the posts. I can't even try to address all the ones I want to! But for those of you who are losing.....BIG KUDOS!!!! You are a great inspiration!!

I'm catching up on a million things today, including sucking the gray out of my hair. What a chore! But it's worth it. I've been doing it myself for months. My last two experiences at a salon were not fun. This way I save money, time and I don't come out with orange hair. lol.

5 more minutes 'til rinse, so I thought I would drop in.

I am babysitting my granddoggle for almost 2 weeks while her fam takes a little vacation. She is soooooooooooooooo adorable. She's a little puggle. A cross between a pug and a beagle. Just the cutest thing. I feel like I have a baby. She is very well trained and has been sleeping with me at night.

Well, off to check email, finish the hair project and then run to the grocery store. Just ate a hard boiled egg and trying to decide what else I should munch on. Not hungry at all and that makes me feel soooooooo in control. QWL just kills my appetite for the most part. Well, not in the evenings for some reason. Yesterday DH had mac & cheese and ham for dinner. I was putting away the leftovers and something came over me! I ate about a cup of macaroni & cheese! Yikes. Weird thing is, even while I was eating it, I thought it did not taste good! Ate it anyway. Dumb. Guess I was feeling rebellious. Like, "I can have something bad if I want to!" Glad it did not show up on the scale this morning. Hope it won't catch up with me tomorrow.

OH! Almost forgot!!! Took my measurements today. 1.5 inches gone from my waist. 1.5 inches gone from my hips. Almost 1 inch gone from each thigh! Yippee!!! Fat-be-gone!!!!

BBL
Old 04-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #607
Blabbermouth!!!

Question: How many of you take coconut oil? If so, when did you start? Right when you started LC? Or after? Did you notice that it helped you lose weight faster? I've just been reading up on all the benefits of it, like shiny hair, getting rid of dry skin, cutting cravings and, of course, weight loss. I posted a question on Dr. Oz's website because the only reference on his site to c.o. is sponsored by Dove and seems to advocate putting it on topically to moisturize skin.

If you use it, where do you buy yours? And do you get Extra Virgin Coconut Oil? Or does it really matter? Oh, and how much do you take per day?

Thanks! (that was more than one question, huh?)
Old 04-13-2010, 02:15 PM   #608
Senior LCF Member

checking back in! Hello everyone! Bye everyone! Making pork chops for the family.. off to another clients after that! TTYL oh yeah btw, i guess i havent been doing stillmans since the first.. i have just been LC'ing it, so Im sure it's my fault i havent lost poundage yet! LOL

Last edited by lisarenee; 04-13-2010 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: added content
Old 04-13-2010, 04:42 PM   #609
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Question: How many of you take coconut oil?
This is something I have been pondering as well. I would like to hear if anyone else takes it and what they think about it.

Sharon
Old 04-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #610
Blabbermouth!!!

Sharon: I know several people posted here that they are taking in. I can look up their posts, but I don't think any of them mentioned the details if I recall.

Hey ALL: Oh, and specifically our meat lover, Al, when she gets back will love this. I just had the most delicious feels-like-I'm-cheating meal. The other day I had broiled a top sirloin steak in my toaster oven. I still had half left and was hungry for something sort of McDonalds like. lol. know what I mean? I put the steak on a plate and put a slice of super thin mozzarella cheese on top. (I found this low fat, hard block, part skim mozz @ store. Figure it's close to pot cheese maybe?) Anyway, I just heated it for 40 seconds and cheese melted and ran down the sides and the steak sizzled! It was so delicious, I just savored every bite. I cut off all the fat except for two small bites of it. But, wow! I feel so satisfied and it was the perfect LC dinner.

Anyway, wanted to share that yummy idea! For sure I will do it again, and again.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:22 PM   #611
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
so, since i started back on stillmans, i have not lost a single pound since the 1st of the month! I was really hoping to have 10 pounds down by my birthday, but oh well.. life goes on! I'm going to Colorado for vacation in July. My goal is to be 145 by then, but if that darn fairy doesnt pick up her can of tuna I will never make it! Well I am heading to the chiropractor then off to another client. I'll hang in there!
Me, too Lisa! My Birthday is right around the corner and I'm not looking forward to spending another "Fat" Birthday on a diet! E Anyway, I'm going to take my frown and turn it into a smile and get it done. Today (so far) has been a perfect day for me. . Lets see if I can get those 7 pounds off so my stats are back to where they should be. I'm bribing myself with a new hair style. .I'm sick. sick. sick of doing my stringy hair every day! I have to admit, I haven't been to the gym in a long, long time. Hubby hurt his knee, over doing it, so that gave me a ticket to be lazy, too. . gotta get my butt in gear. .

LETS DO IT!!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-13-2010 at 05:24 PM..
Old 04-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #612
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mmmm Yam, that sounded delicious!! I think I've had red meat once in the last 3 or 4 weeks. Boo I have not tried coconut oil but there was a lengthy post about it about a week ago, on the Main lobby. Isn't it pretty high in fat? Once I go back to Atkins, I may check it out. Congrats on losing inches!

I just had one of those so delicious, I feel like I'm cheating meals too... Crab legs. Two big clusters and I am stuffed!! Crab is sooo low in carbs but tastes so good, I feel guilty eating it.

Chat with you all tomorrow!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:32 PM   #613
Senior LCF Member

well checking in again! had 2very thin pork chops with no fat, ate a chicken thigh and leg grilled had a bit of the skin and a huge bowl of chicken broth. A little higher in fat than i would like, but a step in the right direction!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:36 PM   #614
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Me, too Lisa! My Birthday is right around the corner and I'm not looking forward to spending another "Fat" Birthday on a diet! E Anyway, I'm going to take my frown and turn it into a smile and get it done. Today (so far) has been a perfect day for me. . Lets see if I can get those 7 pounds off so my stats are back to where they should be. I'm bribing myself with a new hair style. .I'm sick. sick. sick of doing my stringy hair every day! I have to admit, I haven't been to the gym in a long, long time. Hubby hurt his knee, over doing it, so that gave me a ticket to be lazy, too. . gotta get my butt in gear. .

LETS DO IT!!!
okay IM- its u and me girl! tuna for a week! BLAHHH okay maybe not! LOL I would just LOVE to weigh 170 at my birthday! I dont know if it will happen thats ten pounds in 13 days! hmmmm i dunno.. i guess i can cut sodium and fat out for the rest of the week and stick to it.. that should help!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #615
Senior LCF Member

maybe i will go all white for a week.. white meat and eggs.. that should do it! I hope LOL
Old 04-13-2010, 05:39 PM   #616
Senior LCF Member

btw.. wigs are so much maintenance! I advise not getting one! you have to style it and spray it in place to make it even look good! U just cant take it out shake it and throw it on your head! I tried.. i looked horrible! LOL
Old 04-13-2010, 06:32 PM   #617
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

9:30 and I'm still on track. . chewing gum and drinking water. I'm thinking if I chomp hard enough my jaws will be too sore to eat.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:46 PM   #618
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

IM, I like your plan and congrats on staying on plan. I am done eating for the day, feel kind of bleh!!! I think it's lack of sleep and seriously needing some fat. I almost can't wait for the morning to fry up some bacon... It's been nearly 2 weeks since I had fat and my body is like WTH is going on here!? Ha.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #619
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
IM, I like your plan and congrats on staying on plan. I am done eating for the day, feel kind of bleh!!! I think it's lack of sleep and seriously needing some fat. I almost can't wait for the morning to fry up some bacon... It's been nearly 2 weeks since I had fat and my body is like WTH is going on here!? Ha.
I have to admit. .I'm having a bit of withdrawal myself. I tried Al's ground beef diet and it started becoming a very bad habit. so I'm weaning myself.. Tuna, Turkey and Chicken shall be on the menu this week. . I gained this week and can blame part of it on good 'ole TOM but I can't blame it all. . OK:

My big confession. hubby was being extra thoughtful. . I have a terrible popcorn addiction. . I used to eat it every single day so if I ever plan a cheat. that's what I would eat. Usually not too bad. . Fat Free no butter microwave popcorn or air popped. I really missed it! Anyway. .there is a special popcorn shop that sells all that wonderful flavored popcorn. My absolute favorite is Dill Pickle!! Yes. . they really make Dill pickle popcorn. It is wonderful but O so salty .. .almost like drinking vinegar. . Anyway, long story short. .he bought me the 5 foot bag. .I'll admit. .I did not eat no where near as much as I usually would and I did bag up most of it and stuck it in the freezer and I brought some to work to share. . but the damage was already done. Which would account for the 5 pound gain on Monday morning. .

Whew. glad I got that off my chest and I can start clean again!!! Today is Day one of my losing streak! I'll report in the morning. . Going to bed. .Thank you for listening!!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:15 PM   #620
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O and congratulations you losers! Way to stick to plan. .I need to get some of my "first timers" inspiration back. .reading your stories helps a ton!!! Thank you for keeping me on track and giving me a place to repent!!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:53 PM   #621
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
9:30 and I'm still on track. . chewing gum and drinking water. I'm thinking if I chomp hard enough my jaws will be too sore to eat.

Ok, going to bed so I don't eat any more! W. Fairy.......where are you?????@ Yam's house.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:52 PM   #622
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miggsmacall
Stats: 317/302/169
WOE: HCG
Start Date: August 2005 (LC)-March 2014 WW
I looked at all my menus for 6 months back in 2006 to see what they looked like and how I lost 85 pounds that year.

It looks like while some days were Stillman's the majority were in about the 1200-1400 calorie range and 65%-75% fat. (except that one day where I recorded 2 cheeseburgers with bun and ketchup, one 3 Musketeers bar and a Reuban sandwich in one day! I fell off the wagon HARD that day! I don't even like 3 Musketeers!)

As much as I love this group and will keep tabs on everyone (especially you, Gwn- you're having so much success!) I think I need to up my fats and carbs a little to more Atkins induction levels.

I'm feeling too shaky, on edge, grouchy and eating disorder-y if you know what I mean. It's like a race to not eat for me. I skipped breakfast and didn't eat until 2pm today telling my fiance that "eating is for closers..." Not that everyone who loses weight this way has the same experience, but despite the surge in energy from being in ketosis, I'm not feeling that great and I'm not losing.

I'll let you all know how it's going!
Old 04-14-2010, 03:02 AM   #623
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggsmacall View Post
I looked at all my menus for 6 months back in 2006 to see what they looked like and how I lost 85 pounds that year.

It looks like while some days were Stillman's the majority were in about the 1200-1400 calorie range and 65%-75% fat. (except that one day where I recorded 2 cheeseburgers with bun and ketchup, one 3 Musketeers bar and a Reuban sandwich in one day! I fell off the wagon HARD that day! I don't even like 3 Musketeers!)

As much as I love this group and will keep tabs on everyone (especially you, Gwn- you're having so much success!) I think I need to up my fats and carbs a little to more Atkins induction levels.

I'm feeling too shaky, on edge, grouchy and eating disorder-y if you know what I mean. It's like a race to not eat for me. I skipped breakfast and didn't eat until 2pm today telling my fiance that "eating is for closers..." Not that everyone who loses weight this way has the same experience, but despite the surge in energy from being in ketosis, I'm not feeling that great and I'm not losing.

I'll let you all know how it's going!
I'm wondering if you need to eat more? Did you try adding ground beef? I know that helps and Al swears by it. .It worked for her?
Old 04-14-2010, 03:56 AM   #624
Senior LCF Member

Miggs, do what you feel is best for your body! You can still stick in here with us! We love ya girl and want the best for ya!
Old 04-14-2010, 03:58 AM   #625
Senior LCF Member

Okay down only a pound! But WTH, I'll take the loss LOL! I was up to the bathroom to pee 3 times last night so I knew I would lose a little yay! The fairy stopped by and picked up her can of tuna and took a pound of fat with her! WOOHOO! Tonight I'll try sticking a pound of ground beef under my pillow and ashe might take a few pounds of fat with her.. that would be so nice! LMAO
Old 04-14-2010, 06:20 AM   #626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Okay down only a pound! But WTH, I'll take the loss LOL! I was up to the bathroom to pee 3 times last night so I knew I would lose a little yay! The fairy stopped by and picked up her can of tuna and took a pound of fat with her! WOOHOO! Tonight I'll try sticking a pound of ground beef under my pillow and ashe might take a few pounds of fat with her.. that would be so nice! LMAO
She took a pound of mine as well. ...celebrating just a little cuz today is going to rock!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 06:20 AM   #627
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Miggs, do what you feel is best for your body! You can still stick in here with us! We love ya girl and want the best for ya!
I agree! I think most of us are doing a little this and a little that!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:06 AM   #628
Senior LCF Member

IM2 - Popcorn is my guilty pleasure as well. When I first started Stillman's I went out of town for a weekend. My DH cleaned all the "bad" stuff out of the pantry and fridge The times I have been tempted are now safe since there is nothing in the house

My weight was the same this morning. I forgot to leave anything out for the Whoosh Fairy

No movement of the scale is probably due to the fact that the last 2 days have been Red Meat days for me (tenderloin, rib-eye). It is back to turkey and chicken for the next couple of days.

Congratulations to those of you who enticed the Whoosh Fairy to fly by
Old 04-14-2010, 08:28 AM   #629
Blabbermouth!!!

Lisa, Im2 and ME!!! Finally! I am down another pound!! Yippeee!! Whoosh Fairy got my notice! (Oh, I saw her carrying a can of tuna under one arm as she flew by. lol.) I think from now on I should leave cheesy steaks under my pillow! ha!

This group rocks and this plan works for me. No other WOE would let me lose over 10 pounds in 3 weeks. Not at my age and for as sedentary as I am for sure.

When I leave for fitness camp on the 22nd I'm gonna be lighter and much more prepared to get my butt kicked for 7 days than I was @ 10 pounds heavier.

Gotta go change my stats. Finally!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:33 AM   #630
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Lisa, Im2 and ME!!! Finally! I am down another pound!!
Doing the happy dance for you!!!

Yes this plan DOES work but more importantly is the SUPPORT we give each other to help get us through the plateaus.

Thanks to everyone for being here
Closed Thread