Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
I lovee the new name for April- Well today I am 223 and I am gonna change my stats now! My goal for April is to finally get out of the 200's and see ONEDERLAND!!!!! Let's make it happen this month.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I still hate crossing the street!
:r ofl:
OMG I actually spewed water over the laptop!!! Oh that was too funny,Al!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Is it possible to not know how to run??? I just kinda shuffled
Yeah totally! I haven't a clue!!
Old 04-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Congrats on all the loses and exercise peeps...and I am literally drooling over your garlic chicken and sagey soup!!!
Loved your post re your GQ coworker,Gwn.....I want his Hermes bag!!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

2 pages already!!!!! If one more of you mention your good weather I'll scream!!!!!! We people have snow---yes snow!! Schools closed, electricity off, slippery roads---aaaaaagh! I can't take it any more!!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Birthday Month

Well this is my birthday month and i am going to stick to my WOE!

I was wanting to be in the 150's and would have been there if I had stuck to plan, but I failed to do that and now I have to lose the same darn 20 pounds that I originally took off.

Clean eating is what I will be doing this whole month after the next few days of detoxing, and I am going to make time for the group, check in every single day!

I know u guys helped me stay on track my first month of Stillmans and with your help I can do it again!

Today was a decent eating day.
Scrambled egg whites and turkey sausage
Lots of water- 1 diet coke

two turkey hot dogs 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 4 green olives, 1 dill spear. Lots of water w/ CL

1 hard boiled egg and 1/4 pound hamburger w/ sf ketchup and mustard

I know it's not 100% stillmans, but I need to ease back into it. I have a hard time detoxing. Once I am through detoxing, I do much better and I'm able to eat very clean!

Hope everyone has a great eve!

Take care!
Old 04-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Can you post a link to the site you are using? Its funny, I went for a second walk and looked around. Didnt see anyone looking so I started to run...That lasted a couple of steps. I feel so awkward and clumsy. Is it possible to not know how to run??? I just kinda shuffled and went a little faster.... Im so bad..

BUT I"LL KEEP ON TRYING!!!
OK - There is a Forum on Low Carb Friends under the Exercise Boards that deals SPECIFICALLY with C25K (Couch to 5K). I went there and read most of the pages - good info and tips. Here is the link: Couch to 5K, anyone?

I also used this website to get more information: Couch to 5k - C25K Running Program

Hope this answers your question

Sharon

Last edited by swebb; 04-01-2010 at 06:55 PM..
Old 04-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
Its over a year since I was diagnosed. Here's how it works:

thyroid isn't producing enough T3 & T4 hormone as shown on blood test. Incoming Thyroid Hormone is prescribed (medication). Once the supplemental thyroid hormone is coming in the thyroid gland shuts down even more. This is why it takes so long to get OPTIMIZED. For me I'm chasing to get my Free T3 level into the top of the range. When my meds are increased my thyroid shuts down even more so its a process of re-testing blood and increasing meds every six to eight weeks. I'm still not there. Plus I'm in the process of switching doctors. I cannot lose weight unless my FreeT3 is in the top 2/3-3/4 of the lab range. Period. Until it gets there maintaining is all I can hope for.

soooo, if you are hypothyroid you should be getting your blood tested about every eight weeks at first and getting your medication adjusted based on those blood tests. And your blood tests should include FreeT3 and FreeT4 testing. If it doesn't you are NOT being treated properly.

What are your latest labs?
Wow! Thank you! I've only had my blood tested once. . when they discovered that I was hypothroid.. I am supposed to go for my followup right about now. . so in the next week or so I will go back.. I just don't feel much differnce and my weight isn't going down a bit so I wonder if it's really working.. crossing my fingers that something works.!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
I lovee the new name for April- Well today I am 223 and I am gonna change my stats now! My goal for April is to finally get out of the 200's and see ONEDERLAND!!!!! Let's make it happen this month.
Amen, Sista!!! it will
Old 04-01-2010, 07:08 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
Well this is my birthday month and i am going to stick to my WOE!

I was wanting to be in the 150's and would have been there if I had stuck to plan, but I failed to do that and now I have to lose the same darn 20 pounds that I originally took off.

Clean eating is what I will be doing this whole month after the next few days of detoxing, and I am going to make time for the group, check in every single day!

I know u guys helped me stay on track my first month of Stillmans and with your help I can do it again!

Today was a decent eating day.
Scrambled egg whites and turkey sausage
Lots of water- 1 diet coke

two turkey hot dogs 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 4 green olives, 1 dill spear. Lots of water w/ CL

1 hard boiled egg and 1/4 pound hamburger w/ sf ketchup and mustard

I know it's not 100% stillmans, but I need to ease back into it. I have a hard time detoxing. Once I am through detoxing, I do much better and I'm able to eat very clean!

Hope everyone has a great eve!

Take care!
Lisa: we are in this to win it.. It is my Birthday month, too and I don't intend to get any older without kicking and screaming.. You check in every day and so will I. .good or bad. . deal?
Old 04-01-2010, 07:08 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

My goal For April is to get my weight BELOW 220.

Now that I have put this in writing I need to "Make it so!"

Sharon
Old 04-01-2010, 10:09 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Lisa: we are in this to win it.. It is my Birthday month, too and I don't intend to get any older without kicking and screaming.. You check in every day and so will I. .good or bad. . deal?
You gots it Sista!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

So i bought a little journal today and I'm keeping track of my thoughts and feelings, what i did for the day what i ate etc. Also, i made sure to put my goals down in writing! I will measure tomorrow and weigh in again and jot them down too.

I had cottage cheese with a 1/2 packet of splenda and a few dashes of cinnamon. I think I might start having this more often!
Ended up with a second diet coke! GRRRR

One thing at a time...

Well turning in! Have a great night everyone! I look forward to keeping up with the posts and being more active!

G-Night!
Old 04-02-2010, 04:35 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Day 23. The scale was down 1/2 pound today 18 pounds in 23 days.

I think this proves to me that lean meat is the way I need to go - at least for a little while.

April is starting off great!

Sharon
Old 04-02-2010, 04:43 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Happy Easter

I want to wish all my LC friends a Happy Easter. I will be gone until Monday. If you are traveling - safe travels.

Here is my Easter message for you .........

Have a full screen and the sound on, but not too loud!
http://terrisfp1.com/holidays/chick.swf
Old 04-02-2010, 05:30 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
I want to wish all my LC friends a Happy Easter. I will be gone until Monday. If you are traveling - safe travels.

OMG. Webb. .you got me! hehehe. . I love it. .
Old 04-02-2010, 05:34 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, everyone! How great to see all the April goals. I haven't determined by "big goal" but my mini goal is to watch Mr. Scale go down, down, down. . As of this morning, he budged a little . . Still not at my posted weight but I'll get there and then we can start celebrating with some steak! For now, chicken, tuna and eggs! Confession time: I did go out last night with one of my peeps. . so technically the stupid rum diet must work. . I was down almost 5 pounds this morning? Go figure. . Again. . still not at my posted weight but closer. . My girl is getting lap band surgery next month so she wants to get all the "stuff" she can't do out of the way. The good news for me is that I didn't join her in the burger and fries she ate in front of me!! Even better, it didn't really bother me to see her eating the fries. . I kept thinking to myself. . so not worth the bloat. .so not worth the calories.. so not worth my time. . The rum. .well . .that was another story! She told me her doc is making her lose a little before he does the surgery - guess what diet he is putting her on. . low carb/no carb with high protein! Funny. . .

Hey. .did anyone else notice the Parmesean cheese has zero carbs? I'm just thinking I could create something yummy with a little bit for seasoning. . How exciting!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-02-2010 at 05:46 AM..
Old 04-02-2010, 08:39 AM   #48
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Wow! Thank you! I've only had my blood tested once. . when they discovered that I was hypothroid.. I am supposed to go for my followup right about now. . so in the next week or so I will go back.. I just don't feel much differnce and my weight isn't going down a bit so I wonder if it's really working.. crossing my fingers that something works.!
PLEASE Be sure your doctor is testing more than just your TSH. At a bare minimum he/she needs to test for TSH, FREET3 and FREET4. Ask for a copy of your lab results. Also have you been tested for Hashimoto's? (this is a form of hypO that is detected through a blood test for TPO Antibodies). When you get your results post them in the thyroid forum and we will help you with them. There is ALOT more to thyroid than just a TSH test and some synthetic T4. Most of us need T3 added as well to feel better/lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
So i bought a little journal today and I'm keeping track of my thoughts and feelings, what i did for the day what i ate etc. Also, i made sure to put my goals down in writing! I will measure tomorrow and weigh in again and jot them down too.

I had cottage cheese with a 1/2 packet of splenda and a few dashes of cinnamon. I think I might start having this more often!
Ended up with a second diet coke! GRRRR

One thing at a time...

Well turning in! Have a great night everyone! I look forward to keeping up with the posts and being more active!

G-Night!
oh I like that journal idea! Did you know there is also a journal section here on LCF you can record your thoughts, food eaten, weight, etc. I have one but I don't want to admit my true stats right now LOL.

Don't worry I'm tracking on ****** where at least I can see whats going on.

Quote:
Day 23. The scale was down 1/2 pound today 18 pounds in 23 days.

I think this proves to me that lean meat is the way I need to go - at least for a little while.

April is starting off great!

Sharon
WOW that is absolutely AMAZING! I was just re-reading my Stillman's book (I have the protein plus book) and he talks about losing that much that fast but it really seems unreal! GREAT JOB.

Today is day one for me on Stillmas. Yesterday I just did regular LC eating to come off my heinous three day carb up weekend binge. Unbelievable. I faced the scale this morning and its INSANE. Up over twenty five pounds from the low I hit last summer. SO SAD.

My goal is to stick to plan until my Doctors Appointment next Wednesday. At that visit I'd like to weigh what I weighed at my last appointment which means I'll need to shed quite some water weight in the next five days!
Old 04-02-2010, 08:39 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

If this link doesn't work try this one: The Chicken!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Nermo- You just keep shrinking!!!! Keep it up girl!

GT- step away from the $8000 Hermes bag...But I will be googling one now to see what it is...

Lisa- You are gonna do great this month! The 20 pounds will be gone and then some!!!

IM2- Im so glad ilpirata is here to offer advice and wisdom first hand on thyroid issues. We've really been at a loss to help you out and I hope you get the info you need to get back on track. There really is something to the rum diet, huh. Cool beans on the 5 pounds!

Sharon- you are doing so well! Theres no going back now. So happy for you!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:25 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
My goal is to stick to plan until my Doctors Appointment next Wednesday. At that visit I'd like to weigh what I weighed at my last appointment which means I'll need to shed quite some water weight in the next five days!
You can do it!!!! Load up on chicken and keep on posting! Im gonna bet 9 pounds. Positive thinking here...it will happen or we're gonna have to kick these thyroids to the curb!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:25 AM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
If this link doesn't work try this one: The Chicken!
very funny. Im gonna pass it on! lol
Old 04-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hey. .did anyone else notice the Parmesean cheese has zero carbs? I'm just thinking I could create something yummy with a little bit for seasoning. . How exciting!!
I didnt notice this post IM2 made about parmesan cheese.... (but now I cant stop thin king about all the possibilities)

Raise your hand if you are not gonna go there...
Old 04-02-2010, 09:31 AM   #54
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
You can do it!!!! Load up on chicken and keep on posting! Im gonna bet 9 pounds. Positive thinking here...it will happen or we're gonna have to kick these thyroids to the curb!
Thanks hon! I'm all loaded up on delicious all natural cage free antibiotic free eggs from whole foods... and some great chunk white tuna. I'll stop at Trader Joe's after work for a bag (or two) of frozen skinless chicken breasts.

Quote:
I didnt notice this post IM2 made about parmesan cheese.... (but now I cant stop thin king about all the possibilities)

Raise your hand if you are not gonna go there...
Um heck no! No cheese for me no dairy at all actually. Though I am including some coconut milk (50 cals for 8 oz 1 carb) in my morning coffee. Anyone else do coconut milk or almond breeze in their coffee?
Old 04-02-2010, 09:32 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Yesterdays menu was 2 bags o tuna, a cup and half of ground beef (so mad I ran out!)and 3 chicken thighs, sans skin.

I confess, I did not start my walk/jog/run. Lets just say Im still at level couch.

BUT the good news is, Ive got my sneaks on, just pulled my sweater off and will start the C25K now.....

I'll be back in a few huffin and puffin.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=aleriaaa;13325216]

I confess, I did not start my walk/jog/run. Lets just say Im still at level couch.

too funny!
Old 04-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Ok today I really upped my fat- really fatty steak- and chicken thigh! Yum Yum Yum!
I am usually up when I up my fat then I lose- Let's see how that goes! Fridays are the days I always up my fats! They are family dinner night and since i don't eat any salad or the carbs I tend to do the fat!

Happy Easter buddies!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:00 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hey everyone! Quick check in because I am at work but down another pound today I can taste ONEderland. Not sure if I'm gonna up my fat for the weekend or not, I'll play it by ear and see how I feel tomorrow. I usually gain a pound when I do up but then I lose it after 2-3 days. My scale is really frustrating me, I really have to get on and off it like 8 times in the morning because that little needle likes to play tricks on me like it's april fools every day. Need to order a digital scale asap. I have one of those old school 1970s mod looking scales... sure it looks cool but it's seen better days... My biggest complaint with it is that even once I get in the 100s, the needle will still show the 200 until I'm well into the 100s so it's like how can I get that excited when I'm still looking at that darn 2 !@%#@@#&# lolol

Caught up with the reading and I think everyone has a solid goal for April, I can feel it's going to be a great month for all of us!! I wonder how many combined pounds we will lose?!?

Have a great day!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 04-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Peeps! Just saying hi! On our way out to a friends house--no pubs or clubs open in Ireland on Good Friday( not allowed to sell alcohol in shops either)...but we have stocked up! Hee! Gonna try and stay away from the alcohol as much as poss tho.....I'll be drunk after one anyway...!!
I seriously believe my siggie---nothing but nothing tastes as good as thin feels! (ok not exactly thin yet but getting there-slowly! Hee!)
My goal for April(just cos you all wanted to know!) is to stay completely on plan, no cheats..and to tone up more and to really see 126 or less on the scale!!
Gwn, Nermo, congrats on the loss!!
I love parmesan too...and no I'm not going there either... I would like it too much!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 04-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!

Love little pink Kitty delivering her eggs, Im2!!
Closed Thread