Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 07:46 PM   #541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
I draw mine on! :blush:
I have a very thin eyebrow and i fill it in with an eyebrow brush and gray eyeshadow but my hair is almost blk and u r suppose to go a bit lighter on the brows than your natural hair color when u draw them on!
oooh... I've always wanted to shave my eyebrows and draw them on ala Amanda Palmer.... She's my favorite musician and I absolutely adore her makeup/eyebrows. I wish I had the nerve to shave mine off and color them in all whimsical. Anyone know how long it would actually take your eyebrows to grow back in, if you know, you didn't like it??

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2010, 07:48 PM   #542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Ok... some more truth is about to spill from these fingers.... I once went on a green pepper and popcorn diet. Thats all I ate. A HUGE bowl of popcorn with that I cant Believe its Not Butter, 0 calorie spray. and green peppers.... was that dumb or what?!?! that was my first year of high school...
I think most of us have been on one wacky diet or another, lolol. That's a pretty odd combination there though. My wackiest diet wasn't the cabbage soup diet, or the master cleanse, but my own little made up diet of eating ONE bagel a day. Then I got really obsessive and I would only allow myself to eat the inside of the bagel, I'd cut it in half and scoop out the insides and that's all I'd let myself have for the day. Senior year of high school. Ugh.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:57 PM   #543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Im, lots of great info there, thanks a lot for the insight.

I can't do strict low carb forever, but I can do a version that will fit my life. 7 years ago, I never really went into the OWL or maintenance phase. I lost it all on Induction and then tried to keep the weight down by trying to control my portions. I know this is my biggest problem. If I would slip and overeat and stuff myself, it would always stretch my stomach then every meal after that, I wanted more and more so I'd make myself go on a fast for a day or two to shrink my stomach again and I did that for about a year to maintain what I lost. I eventually crept up to the 180s and I stayed there for a few years. In just the past year, I put about 35lbs on.... I blame it on being in a relationship that I am not happy with. TMI maybe but the reason I shot up to 275 the first time was again, a relationship I was very unhappy in and extreme depression as a result. I went through a depressed period then that lasted about 2 years and with the added weight, it made me more depressed, didn't want to go out, avoided seeing anyone I knew at all costs. I finally took off for Arizona and stayed with my sister for 6 months and that's how I got control of my weight, with Atkins and away from the source of my depression. So while I do agree that starches like potatoes, pasta and rice should NEVER be included in my diet, because they make me feel so sluggish and awful inside, I do want to reach a point where I can treat myself to things... It's just a matter of me learning proper portion control... That has always been my problem and something after 30+ years, I have yet to get a handle on. Sigh...
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)

Last edited by GwnStfni; 04-10-2010 at 08:00 PM..
Old 04-10-2010, 11:43 PM   #544
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miggsmacall
Stats: 317/302/169
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's cycle
Start Date: August 2005 (LC)
Had a good day calorie wise, etc. My lowest yet and most importantly- the hunger finally stopped!

My biggest problem...I know it's night and I weigh myself in the morning but I'm up a couple pounds. TOM is over and I've only been inducting for 5 days. 9 day loss, 2 pound gain?

Today:

B: 3 eggs
L: 2 turkey burgers
D: 4oz flank steak, 1 cup lettuce w vinegar
S: 3oz salmon, 4 asparagus

gain...
Old 04-11-2010, 06:59 AM   #545
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Good Morning. .I need more sleep but I have a very busy day today. I have a baby shower to go to this after noon so I know I'll be sourrounded by food again. I'll take my arsenal just in case and eat it in the car on the way home if I have to. . .

Beautiful day today..
Old 04-11-2010, 08:31 AM   #546
Senior LCF Member

Ok...I'm officially going to cry...I'm up a total of the 4 pounds from the 9 I lost earlier this week.

I've never gone over 16 total- not net- carbs or 1600 calories.

I feel like it's WAY too soon to hit a plateau.

The plus size is that I'm finally not hungry and have got the energy.

What's up?
Old 04-11-2010, 08:41 AM   #547
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
miggs - take it easy hun- it's probably all water weight from TOM- it'll be off soon!

Well today I am at 219 Horray-Wow I am so glad you guys talked me into not giving up!

Hope everyone is doing well-
Old 04-11-2010, 08:53 AM   #548
Senior LCF Member

You guys are funny with your blonde and eyebrows...It's a hard road of maintenance to take...I've got platinum hair, thin eyebrows (not as thin as that picture) and rock the red lipstick and the blonde and the eyebrows require a lot of upkeep.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:05 AM   #549
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggsmacall View Post
You guys are funny with your blonde and eyebrows...It's a hard road of maintenance to take...I've got platinum hair, thin eyebrows (not as thin as that picture) and rock the red lipstick and the blonde and the eyebrows require a lot of upkeep.
Yes, but don't blondes really have more fun!?!? By the way, nice to see you, you really do rock that red lipstick!! Wish I could... every time I put red lipstick on, I feel like it makes my teeth look yellow. Boo!

Also, probably just TOM water weight you're holding on to... Lots of times, a day or two after TOM leaves, the whoosh fairy visits!

Last edited by GwnStfni; 04-11-2010 at 10:30 AM..
Old 04-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #550
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

:kick ing:
Doing the happy dance today... scale was down 1.2lbs today. Woo hoo!! Calories yesterday were around 700. Menu was as follows:
B: Turkey Burger, 1 egg (couldn't choke down the 2nd egg I made), coffee
L & D: Since I worked, I took my time snacking on another turkey burger and a 5oz lean pork chop over the course of a few hours. Also had 4 bites of grilled chicken. I think that's it. I have absolutely no appetite anymore!! I don't think I need to force myself to eat more calories, or do I?? My fat was higher than my protein yesterday, due to the turkey burgers... Maybe that's what did the trick? Idk.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggsmacall View Post
Had a good day calorie wise, etc. My lowest yet and most importantly- the hunger finally stopped!

My biggest problem...I know it's night and I weigh myself in the morning but I'm up a couple pounds. TOM is over and I've only been inducting for 5 days. 9 day loss, 2 pound gain?

Today:

B: 3 eggs
L: 2 turkey burgers
D: 4oz flank steak, 1 cup lettuce w vinegar
S: 3oz salmon, 4 asparagus

gain...
I weigh myself every night before bed, to get an idea of what I'll be in the morning, usually I am up 3lbs the night before. What time did you eat your snack at? Maybe if you ate it kind of late, that would explain some of the gain?
Old 04-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #552
Senior LCF Member

Gwn, you need to get a lipstick that is more blue toned than orange. I use Mac's Ruby Woo or Russian Red with their Beet liner underneath.

I ate my snack at like 9pm, but jeez...I'm not eating very much, you know? It's just frustrating!
Old 04-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #553
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi Everybody!!!!!!

Just finished a can of salmon and it wasnt half bad! It was Costcos "Kirkland" Brand - no bones or slimy parts, all pink meat! my breath is hummin though...7.5g of fat though...

IM2- Glad you were still able to make it out of bed to get to the baby shower. Are we on for another rum night tonight?? I may be dippin into the wine..

Gwn- That Amanda chick rocks! Checked her out on youtube. Very cool eyebrows!!!!

Lisa- As usual, lovin the new pic! Is that your stethascope I see? cant you ever catch a break from work!?!

Miggs- So happy to see you! We've got another hot blonde on our hands here folks. Love love love the lipstick!
Old 04-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #554
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Gwn and Nermo!!! Awesome job on the loss!!!!! See...It's working!!!!!

Miggs- IT WILL WORK FOR YOU TOO! KEEP IT UP!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 06:05 PM   #555
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps! 6 pages wow!!!!!!!!! just finished reading ...and my battery's gonna go-in bed and too lazy to plug it in!!
Nermo-----congratulations on the 50lbs---you are truly an inspiration-well done you!
Gwn----congrats on onderland!! You must be thrilled!
Al--had a wax once---oh God the pain!!! Good luck!! A popcorn diet--too funny!!
Hi to all the rest of you lovely people!! Nite nite!!
Old 04-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al, I still have my can of salmon in the cupboard that I bought when I began low carbing 2 months ago... Still kind of freaked out about trying it, not even sure why I bought it. lol I don't know, something about salmon out of can weirds me out and now that you mention bones and slimy parts!!
Old 04-11-2010, 09:26 PM   #557
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
just a quick hey!!! i stayed on plan, ate a little higher fat than i would have, but a low carb day! gotta run to my last clients and it's 10:25 here! should be home a little before midnight! uhhh
Old 04-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #558
Senior LCF Member

okay, i talked to the guy that owns the gym where i "SOMETIMES" go to work out and tan..lol.. i was talking about how a bunch of ya were plateauing and that we were on a very low carb diet. He said if your blood sugar becomes too low, your body goes into starvation mode. Hence the plateau. If you are plateauing for more than 7 days he said to eat 3/4 cup cooked oatmeal w/ a dab of real butter, artificial sweetener and a 1/4 cup whole milk for one meal 3 days strait. The body will be tricked and stop storing any and all calories consumed during the day, it will then go back into fat burning mode. A slow release carbohydrate and a bit of fat for a few days will do this. He said do not be discouraged if you see the scale jump up a pound or two during those three days, it will easily fall right back off again when you return to your low carb plan. Also, he said to maintain your fluids, but be sure not to drink too many. He said a good rule of thumb is to drink 1 extra 8 oz cup per 10 pounds you have to lose for the highest side of your normal weight. IE you weigh 200 and the highest side of your weight is 150 you would drink your 64 oz of water plus an additional 40 oz. I hope this helped. Have a great night! It's 1 in the morn and I'm beat! and btw, i did work out! YAY!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:50 AM   #559
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Also nermo, when you roast the chicken/turkey first, you can save all the concentrated flavor of the juices from the roasting. Put that in the fridge when the bones are boiling and add it back later. Dont know if Im making sense but its really good stuff. The more you boil it down the more flavor you have. Add the meat later when you are reheating so it retains its texture. Unless you like the meat all shredded/soggy, which is yummy too.

Sharon and Yam- Do you have any inspiring ways to make soup?
I also save all the "drippings" from the roasting and put them in a container in the fridge. The next day the fat has risen to the top and I scrape it off. I then put the "gelatin" in a pot, add some water, a few sprigs of Rosemary, a couple pinches of Thyme, some garlic, some red pepper flakes and a tablespoon of "poultry seasoning". I bring all this to a gentle boil and then add back the meat. I let it simmer for a couple of hours.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:52 AM   #560
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
How's the couch to 5K going??? Im gonna try to do better this week- starting tomorrow!
It is going slow

I am still having trouble making time for ME (even if it is ONLY 30 minutes!!). I am also going to try to do better this week.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:07 AM   #561
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
In other concert news...got myself a pair of free tickets to NKOTB. LOL. I admit it. I love the New Kids!!! and 20 years later they are still HOT!
Al - this made me laugh My younger daughter LOVED NSYNC - together we went to 10 (yes TEN!) of their concerts We even had backstage "meet and greet" for 3 of them - many memories for the 2 of us.

BUT - I never shared MY concert experiences when I was much younger with her......that would have been too much info as she thinks her mother is old and conservative

SHaron
Old 04-12-2010, 08:11 AM   #562
Senior LCF Member

Well a client of mine passed away last night. I'm a little depressed over it, but I'm also glad she is not suffering anymore! We had admitted her to hospice three weeks ago. I knew it was coming soon, but it's always hard on me when a client passes away. I'm just glad that she was comfortable and pain free when she went.

I haven't done the scale thing in a week! TOM is just about over and I wanna wait a few days after. Been eating low carb, but higher fat, more like Atkins this week! I need to put the coffee down and pick my water bottle up!

Good job ladies on the losses! WTG! keep up the good work.

I walked for 1 1/2 miles and did some strength training at the gym and tanned too! I did the couch to 5k thing.. Gawd I didn't realize how out of shape i was when i ran for two minutes my heart rate went to 192! Well my friends, I'm off to work AGAIN! No AL- I don't ever get a break
Old 04-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #563
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This will be our maintenance drink - CHEERS!!

Hello Kitty Martini

3 oz strawberry vodka
1/2 oz gin
1 1/2 oz peach schnapps

Shake it up and pour into a martini glass, and garnish with a fresh strawberry.
YUM!! Ok - I will celebrate reaching my goal (when I get there) with this
Old 04-12-2010, 08:30 AM   #564
Senior LCF Member

I am backk from my dog show weekend in Florida. I did stay on plan....and I guess the "WHOOSH FAIRY" heard my plea because when I got on the scale yesterday I had lost 3.5 pounds since my weigh in on Friday

I hope she decides to stay here for a few days

Yesterday was my 1 month Anniversary of the Stillman's WOE and to date I have lost a total of 21 pounds - and this was with SEVERAL plateaus/stalls along the way.

My birthday is in July and my mini goal is to be below 200 by then.

I am trying to catch up on all the messages since I left - we are a very chatty group - love it
Old 04-12-2010, 08:34 AM   #565
Senior LCF Member

WTG! Swebb!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:35 AM   #566
Senior LCF Member

btw.. if u see the swoosh fairy send her my way! my b-day is in two weeks and i wanna be 10 lbs lighter! Thanks
Old 04-12-2010, 08:40 AM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
btw.. if u see the swoosh fairy send her my way! my b-day is in two weeks and i wanna be 10 lbs lighter! Thanks
Will do!! I will put a note beside the plate of Turkey that I leave out for her
Old 04-12-2010, 09:01 AM   #568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning ladies!! The whoosh fairy stopped by again last night... I think she really just wanted to come back and play with my kittens but at least she took some weight with her! Weighed in at 196 today Though the first two times I got on the scale, I weighed 195.8 but eh... I will take 196!! I guess either the water weight from the exercise fell off (lol because you know, that's just how it happens, it just falls off like that), or axing the processed meats for breakfast did the trick, or a combination of both. Whatever, I am over the moon! ha.

But look, I will not be greedy here because I care too much about you ladies... I gave her explicit orders to visit someone else in the group tonight!

Yesterdays menu:
B: 1 egg, 1 turkey burger, coffee
L: 3ozs grilled chicken, 1/2 turkey burger
D: 4ozs lean pork chop

I walked 3 miles and did hand weights, for my bat wings, for about 15 minutes last night.

My friend who started low carbing with me, gave up last night. We had a long talk about it and she said that she has not been feeling well on this WOL, that she had a lot of fatigue. She has been doing Atkins and keeping her fat fairly high, but within range. I noticed that in the last two weeks, she's had dark circles around her eyes and has looked very tired. Idk, that's how I tend to get after being on Stillman's for too long. Her menu seems right, but she has no energy. I didn't really know what to say, she has to do what's right for her and she decided to go on a low calorie plan. I told her if she didn't have energy on Atkins, I thought she'd have even less on low calorie but she needs to do what she needs to do. I know she's on anti depressants and anti anxiety meds and I wonder if that's part of the problem? Well, she lost 26lbs in the same time I lost 34ish, just on Atkins so she did fairly well, considering she drank one night a week. She is also more comfortable losing at a slower pace and her goal is to be 150 by Sept. 13 (she's currently 191).

Okay, off to catch up with the posts! Have a great day everyone! Oh... gotta file my taxes today!!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:28 AM   #569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lisa, I am sorry to hear about your client... That's terrible to have to go through that... I commend you for being strong because I could never be in that line of work. I like how you posted "sometimes" about the gym, lolol.... That's why I don't even get gym memberships anymore because I'm definitely a part timer. So does that mean the trainer you spoke with, supports low carbing??

swebb, congrats on the loss!!! That's amazing!!! Plus it just goes to show, you can totally stay on plan AND lose weight, all while being away for the weekend!!! Amazing!!! By the way, how was the dog show?? And your mini goal is very attainable for July!

Al, you mentioned your hair loss and I have a question about it. When I did Atkins 7 years ago, I started to lose my hair at about the 3 1/2 month mark. Does it happen sooner with Stillman's or about the same time? So far, I'm okay and I passed my 2 month mark yesterday. But, I am really trying to get the majority of this weight off with Stillman's and this is the longest I have done Stillman's, ever. I think I'm probably at about 4 weeks now, with just 3 or 4 high fat days thrown in. Also, I would say at about 4 1/2 - 5 months on Atkins, I started getting weird bruises all over my body... That's when I stopped doing induction and had lost almost 100lbs. I wondered if that happened to you on Stillman's, since you were on it for an extended period of time too. Just wanting to know what awaits me so I can fight like hell to get as much weight off as possible before these things start happening again because I truly believe (the bruises at least) were my body's way of telling me to start eating other foods... The hair loss I know is normal for most people so I'm expecting that, though not looking forward to it. Thanks for any insight you have!

Waving a big hello to everyone else!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #570
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Good Morning ladies!! The whoosh fairy stopped by again last night... I think she really just wanted to come back and play with my kittens but at least she took some weight with her! Weighed in at 196 today Though the first two times I got on the scale, I weighed 195.8 but eh... I will take 196!!
Doing the "Happy Dance" for you!!

I think the Whoosh Fairy just needs a "wing" upgrade so she can fly faster

Maybe the storms blowing in various parts of the world will help her on her way to those still waiting.....

I really have to be careful eating processed meats as the salt content tends to slow down my weight loss.

Whole turkey's are still on sale here (until Wednesday) so I am off to buy a couple to put in the freezer.

OH - almost forgot. My DH doesn't participate in the board discussion but he IS doing Stillman's (modified) with me and he wanted me to post that he has lost 17 pounds this past month - he knew I had posted about my total and he didn't want to be left out

Where are the other men we had on here earlier???? Did we scare them away??
Closed Thread