Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Not-So-Great Expectations
These common expectations are set-ups for failure.
• Expecting to be the perfect eater every hour of the day
• Expecting to never overeat
• Expecting to never miss an exercise session
• Expecting to lose lots of weight rapidly
• Expecting to never be challenged by food or specific eating situations
• Expecting to have a ‘perfect’body once you’ve achieved a healthy weight
• Expecting life will be perfect ‘once I’m thin’

Just something to keep in mind on our weight loss journey. .

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Miggs: I have been searching for different answers to your question about eating one salad and gaining. . This was quite interesting. .but as another note: I've heard that when you do go back to eating some carbs, you need to give your body a few days to adjust. Just like in the beginning of your no carb induction period, your body went through a little bit of a "shock" while it switched from burning sugar to fat. . Your weight gain is temporary. . most likely water .

Do you then just gain all that weight right back again when you go back to your normal eating habits?

My answer is - of COURSE you are going to gain weight if you go back to your old eating habits! What do you think caused you to get heavy in the first place? That weight didn't just appear because the magical Fat Fairy waved her wand over you. It was a deliberate result of your eating habits. If you start eating that way again, you are going to have extra fat added to your body. It is very simple and logical.

The whole concept behind the Atkins Diet, the South Beach Diet and other low carb diets is that this is a WAY OF LIFE. It is not a quick-fix. This isn't a "do something for 2 weeks and give your body a magical immunity to weight gain for the rest of your life, no matter how much sugar you eat." It is a way to learn to eat healthily, to find a balance between the food that goes into your system and the weight level your body maintains.

I know many, many people who have lost their excess weight and kept it off for years and years, and who are thrilled with their new life. These people aren't being "deprived". They eat delicious food every day, they're always snacking and feeling full, they are healthy and full of energy. The word "diet" originally meant the "way you eat daily". It should NOT mean "a special thing you only do to lose weight, at which point you go back to eating jelly donuts and gallons of ice cream."

So really start looking at this style of eating as a LIFE LONG VENTURE that is far better for you than whatever you used to do to your body. You can have filet mignon, salmon steak, garlic chicken, grilled pork. You get to eat delicious fruits, vegetables and berries. Splenda gives you a huge range of chocolates and candies to enjoy. The few things you avoid, like pasta, rice and potatoes, are actually rather tasteless if you think about it! I literally dislike the taste of them now because they are so flavorless compared to our normal, tasty menus. The things you probably liked about those dishes before were the *sauces* you put on them. So just put those sauces on your other foods you're eating, and enjoy!
Old 04-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #513
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
oh yeah... I found a wig shop near me that has those forever young wigs... I will be blonde by saturday...
Yay! Al. . I really wish I was brave enough to try a wig. . I so hate doing my hair every day. . .. I really wish I could get extensions. I'm afraid I'll spend the money and they'll look so totally fake because my hair is so fine. . O well. .maybe when I'm stick thin my hair will look bigger!!
Old 04-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so much for lurking! I'm such a blabber mouth. . Renewed today so I'm back in the game. . not that I ever left. . .
Old 04-10-2010, 01:02 PM   #515
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miggsmacall
Stats: 317/302/169
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's cycle
Start Date: August 2005 (LC)
Hi IM,

I guess I wasn't trying to say if I go back to eating pizza and ice cream every day will I maintain my weight loss (I don't eat that way anyway) Of course, the answer is no!

I just meant if I'm restricting so much and am thrown off by a salad, that scares me that all my hard work will be for temporary results.

But I did read your post about my body adjusting after a few days of incorporating vegetables back into my diet. Thanks!
Old 04-10-2010, 01:07 PM   #516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggsmacall View Post
Hi IM,

I guess I wasn't trying to say if I go back to eating pizza and ice cream every day will I maintain my weight loss (I don't eat that way anyway) Of course, the answer is no!

I just meant if I'm restricting so much and am thrown off by a salad, that scares me that all my hard work will be for temporary results.

But I did read your post about my body adjusting after a few days of incorporating vegetables back into my diet. Thanks!
I know what you mean. . I can gain 10 pounds in 2 days and then it takes me 2 weeks to get it off. . so frustrating. . I never really ate that way, either but I know a lot of people who do and their weight stays consistent. . high, that is!!! hehehe
Old 04-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #517
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miggsmacall
Stats: 317/302/169
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's cycle
Start Date: August 2005 (LC)
Yes! The most I've gained overnight is 13 pounds and it takes 2 weeks to take it off.

Even when I'm not "dieting" I eat an all organic, lower carb (carbs coming from fruit, quinoa, veggies, yogurt, etc.) and never really got into all the junk stuff as an adult.

It burns me when I hear that all it took for some people to cut out soda and pizza for every meal and the weight comes right off! That's NEVER been the case for me!
Old 04-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #518
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
great posts!!! and Stillman by the book says once you reach goal according to his super low weight charts, to start counting calories (again super low) and whenever you gain 3 pounds go back to QWL for a week.

No one has been brave enough to try it...(me included)

Judging by what happens to us when we eat a salad, we will be on QWL every other week....
Old 04-10-2010, 02:29 PM   #519
Blabbermouth!!!

if you averaged out the weight I lost since last July, that would be 2 pounds a week. our bodies can only do so much..I suppose any diet would work and give the same results overall. The secret is always going to be sticking to it. and tht really stinks.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #520
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Yay! Al. . I really wish I was brave enough to try a wig. . I so hate doing my hair every day. . .. I really wish I could get extensions. I'm afraid I'll spend the money and they'll look so totally fake because my hair is so fine. . O well. .maybe when I'm stick thin my hair will look bigger!!
You should totally find a wig shop and try some stuff on. Extensions are expensive and can ruin our hair. (Saw an awful video today on youtube)

Im also finding that looking at wigs online, there are some great haircuts out there!!

so funny about getting smaller and hair getting bigger
Old 04-10-2010, 02:33 PM   #521
Blabbermouth!!!

I like the poofy style of the hair in my GagaKitty pic.... Cant find it though.. Something like that would make me look smaller.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #522
Blabbermouth!!!

miggs- join our kitty club! I found just the pic for you.

Hello Kitty Vodka - Hello Kitty Hell

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strol...y-martini.aspx

Last edited by aleriaaa; 04-10-2010 at 02:43 PM..
Old 04-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #523
Blabbermouth!!!

and for the winos......(me! me!)

Hello Kitty Wine | bevlog | beer, wine, spirits trends | beverage blog
Old 04-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #524
Blabbermouth!!!

and the beer guzzlers...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_byInQIKkwq...kitty-beer.gif
Old 04-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #525
Blabbermouth!!!

Lets all go visit Gwn so she can makes us a Hello Kitty Martini! Who's in????
Old 04-10-2010, 02:47 PM   #526
Blabbermouth!!!

This will be our maintenance drink - CHEERS!!

Hello Kitty Martini

3 oz strawberry vodka
1/2 oz gin
1 1/2 oz peach schnapps

Shake it up and pour into a martini glass, and garnish with a fresh strawberry.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
ok well- Here is what's on my mind- I don't think I can do strict stillman for a lifetime- I wanna enjoy a nice piece of fruit here and there, I wanna eat ice cream and chocolate once again- I wanna have some normal dinners with the family, but I wanna do that all in proportion and within reason! Even the good old doctor says that this is only temporary, I can maybe see myself doing the 14 day shape up but not strict QWL. We have to learn portion control and self control-

My plans are that once I reach goal which will probably be 150- Iwill start incorporating an orange, a salad, yogourt Healthy stuff! It's okay to have to have dessert once a week (advice of Coach Bob- Biggest Loser)

Well that's just me!
Old 04-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
ok well- Here is what's on my mind- I don't think I can do strict stillman for a lifetime- I wanna enjoy a nice piece of fruit here and there, I wanna eat ice cream and chocolate once again- I wanna have some normal dinners with the family, but I wanna do that all in proportion and within reason! Even the good old doctor says that this is only temporary, I can maybe see myself doing the 14 day shape up but not strict QWL. We have to learn portion control and self control-

My plans are that once I reach goal which will probably be 150- Iwill start incorporating an orange, a salad, yogourt Healthy stuff! It's okay to have to have dessert once a week (advice of Coach Bob- Biggest Loser)

Well that's just me!
I think that's a great plan, Nermo.. I know I can't do no carb for the rest of my life but I intend to be low carb. . I really dont' miss them too often. .. .I'm talking the dull, lifeless, filler ones like pasta, potatoes, etc. . I really miss my fruit, veggies and popcorn. . I'm thinking once I get to goal, I'll slowly introduce some back and be mindful of a 3 pound gain. . and jump back into the no carb. .should be easy for a few days . . wishful thinking, anyway!
Old 04-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Lets all go visit Gwn so she can makes us a Hello Kitty Martini! Who's in????
Count on me, Al! I'm so there. . with my kitty wine glass. .
Old 04-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #530
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post

Well that's just me!
I hear ya! I think we can all agree! Proper portion control and now and again treats! (and now I wont be able to stop thinking about oranges)
Old 04-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #531
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

<--------- BTW. .THIS IS HOW I intend to look in the morning. .hehehe. . OOO. . I'm having a rum night. . I need it
Old 04-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #532
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Count on me, Al! I'm so there. . with my kitty wine glass. .
Cool kitty glasses too!
Old 04-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

I want some kitty wine. .
Old 04-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #534
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok... some more truth is about to spill from these fingers.... I once went on a green pepper and popcorn diet. Thats all I ate. A HUGE bowl of popcorn with that I cant Believe its Not Butter, 0 calorie spray. and green peppers.... was that dumb or what?!?! that was my first year of high school...
Old 04-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #535
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by miggsmacall View Post
Gwn- if a salad makes me gain while on Stillman's what happens when I reach my goal weight and continue on to normal eating? Do I gain it all back?

Al- Stoli always has been my fav. Although I abstain for now. I drink Stoli with Club Soda and a squeeze of lemon.
Of course not! I just meant there's an initial gain, a day or two later the pound drops! lol, could you imagine if we all gained weight on salads. Yea, salads always make me a bit bloated and thus, a bit heavier... it passes
Old 04-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #536
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Quote:
Hi Lisa!!! What would be the greatest/funnest Karaoke song I could sing to get everyone into it? I cant sing so I need a low voice like Miley Cyrus or a guys song... HELP! I want to win a free weeks vacation at the karaoke contest on vacation. I love karaoke and after a bottle of wine I turn into Janis Joplin- ( shes waaayyy to hard to impersonate!)

You got me worried about the bumps. That would suck so bad if I have bumps everywhere. They are only gonna go to the very top of my leg. Were the bumps in a more sensitive spot? Sorry for all the questions...
My bumps were around the bikini area! ouchy! Okay a good song that gets everyone going is piano man. U can get good crowd participation and of course Madonna.. like a virgin is always a riot!
Old 04-10-2010, 05:02 PM   #537
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
IM2 inspired me to buy a blonde wig today! Gaga blonde...Im gonna do it.

Lisa, did yours come in yet? We're waiting....I got mine but there is way too much hair. I think I have to cut it. It probably looks fine but it is so unusual to see me with long flowing curly hair. I think too, I dont like it as much because its brown. Oh and I was hiding it in my night stand (didnt want hubby to know until the day I wore it) BUT my sneaky mischievous son, pulled it out of hiding. I swear, my husband thinks Im nuts. Its gonna be humid 90 degree wweather in Antigua and the weirdo wife is gonna bust out a wig. There nothing I wont stop at for beauty. lol
yeah.. i look horrible as a blond! oh well.. the dark one is good though! Mine has to much hair around the front.. the bangs are way to thick! I made Chris put the blond one on.. he looked like an 80's punk rocker with bad hair LOL.. He is too good to me!
Old 04-10-2010, 05:06 PM   #538
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Lisa.... can you come to CT and fix my eyebrows.... I yours.
I draw mine on! :blush:
I have a very thin eyebrow and i fill it in with an eyebrow brush and gray eyeshadow but my hair is almost blk and u r suppose to go a bit lighter on the brows than your natural hair color when u draw them on!
Old 04-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #539
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
yeah.. i look horrible as a blond! oh well.. the dark one is good though! Mine has to much hair around the front.. the bangs are way to thick! I made Chris put the blond one on.. he looked like an 80's punk rocker with bad hair LOL.. He is too good to me!
you can always send it to me. .I'm thinking I should go back to blonde. .much better than gray/brown. . Yeooow
Old 04-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #540
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. just wanted to report.. The rum diet is wonderful .. I'm feeling no pain. . but I'm not eating. . no. .no. .no
Closed Thread