Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 01:32 AM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
LOL Is there anything we haven't talked about in this thread????

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2010, 01:34 AM   #482
Senior LCF Member

Miggs- Hang in there it's hard in the beginning but wow you have done fantastic!! Keep up the good work!
Old 04-10-2010, 04:53 AM   #483
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
Hi guys! Rum and diet coke night for me! I'm going to sing karaoke. Don't know if you guys remember or if i mentioned it, i own a dj and karaoke company! I love running shows, but have been so busy working that i haven't had time! But like I said I'm making time again for me! and all of you! Al- I was waxed down there before and i ended up with bumps everywhere! It really sucked! and it hurt pretty bad too!
well i have one more client, then i'm going to go get ready to go out. ttyl... btw i stayed 100% on plan today!
Hi Lisa!!! What would be the greatest/funnest Karaoke song I could sing to get everyone into it? I cant sing so I need a low voice like Miley Cyrus or a guys song... HELP! I want to win a free weeks vacation at the karaoke contest on vacation. I love karaoke and after a bottle of wine I turn into Janis Joplin- ( shes waaayyy to hard to impersonate!)

You got me worried about the bumps. That would suck so bad if I have bumps everywhere. They are only gonna go to the very top of my leg. Were the bumps in a more sensitive spot? Sorry for all the questions...
Old 04-10-2010, 04:55 AM   #484
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggsmacall View Post
I did pretty good today.

B: 4 scrambled eggs
L: grilled chicken breast, some green papaya salad
D: 7 oz lean pork chop
S: 3 scrambled eggs

and I went to the gym and drank my waters! We'll see where we are in the morning!
You think you did pretty good but I say YOU DID GREAT!
Old 04-10-2010, 05:13 AM   #485
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
. . My name is Michele and I'm a food-o-holic and a carb addict. . yes, I am. .

AL: I want you to promise to have a wonderful, fabulous time on your trip and do something crazy in honor of all of us!!! Enjoy. .Enjoy . Enjoy. .and don't worry about every little thing. I am sure you will be plenty active (both indoors and out) . .you will burn those calories in no time. Seriously, life is too short and can change in a blink of an eye. . Enjoy your loving husband and let yourself go!!!! Come back a new woman. .with a glow, a tan (minus lines ) . .big blonde hair. .a lady ga ga smile (pack your concert outfits). . new muscles in all the "right" places and your wonderful spirit. We shall await your return . . and I promise to be a few pounds lighter. . Promise. . cuz that whoosh fairy doesn't know what she's missing by not visiting me!! She'll be in for treats!

O .and just for the record guys. . I was so close to 10,000 steps on my pedometer yesterday. . I walked for almost an hour while my little ones were in their hip/hop class. . that, combined with my daily walking only added up to 8,500. . So today I really tried to step it up. . that will be my new challenge to try to get as close to the 10,000 as I can. . better than nothing, I guess.
Hi Michele! We are all food addicts! Thats why we picked the diet that cuts it back the most! I have never stayed the same weight for this long. I have lost it and gained it back and lost it and gained it back over and over again! This time is different and I dont know why. I've got a good guess thats its because the addicting foods and craving causing foods have been eliminated. (and because of our group)

ramble here....YOu guys always say nothing tastes as good as thin feels and I have finally come to believe it and practice it. Its taken months and months but the emotional side of eating is finally gone for me. That would be a whole other story if I was including any bites of bad stuff. I too fall into the one bite wont hurt, and then I ruined it so I might as well taste every other food out there I havent tried in 8 months. That could be disastrous and it has been proven over and over in the past for me.

Now for you, I like the idea of going back to an Atkins style plan for a week or two. Give your body time to adjust. If you see the scale go up a litte bit, I would still continuethe plan. Give yourself the time you need. I would also ask these lovely ladies what a good calorie range would be for you. (I cant help there) Maybe there is something your body needs thats its not getting on strict Stillmans and that may jump start the loss. (It better!) Stillmans is way to strict to stay on forever if you arent getting results so I do think its time to switch things up! Please let us know how it goes! I miss you when you're lurking..

How many miles is 10,000 steps? You are really doing a great job! Even if the scale isnt moving, you are in the maintain lane and thats still something to be proud of. Think back to last year and how unhappy you were then. You have come along way and that should be celebrated!!!!

Thanks for all the wonderful advice and encouragement you always give! I smile and feel better every time you write!
Old 04-10-2010, 05:17 AM   #486
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Al- I actually love love getting waxed- u kinda get used to the pain (not so bad) <----------- I actually do it myself- it last 3-4 weeks and is sooooo soft and smooth- believe me you will love it! Oh by the way when the hair starts coming back it's really soft not like shaving where it starts to prick and itch- Good job on the pampering! Precaution make sure the place doesn't double dip into the wax - For 90 bucks you can be as demanding as you want-

OK. So this is great news! Is $90 a lot. I thought I was getting a deal, thats why I never did it before. Another place I asked a few years ago wanted $225. (This same place also wanted $20 to put the same dye they were coloring my hair with on my eyebrows)

We really have covered EVERY subject - hahaha...If we missed one, Im sure we'll talk about it soon.

BTW...what does double dip mean? Wouldn't they have to keep going back in the same wax?
Old 04-10-2010, 05:19 AM   #487
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I just snapped and after my 7 oz pork chop I had 2T peanut butter on 2 celery sticks and 1 cup of lettuce with 1 T caesar dressing.

Stillman's is so hard for me but it works!
ooops! not so Stillmans great, but still great! Low carb and lovin it is not a bad thing!!

I used to buy cases of Ken's Creamy Ceasar dressing...(OK more like 4 at a time) I ate grilled chicken and romaine for weeks on end! My favorite dressing in the world!
Old 04-10-2010, 05:25 AM   #488
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2 inspired me to buy a blonde wig today! Gaga blonde...Im gonna do it.

Lisa, did yours come in yet? We're waiting....I got mine but there is way too much hair. I think I have to cut it. It probably looks fine but it is so unusual to see me with long flowing curly hair. I think too, I dont like it as much because its brown. Oh and I was hiding it in my night stand (didnt want hubby to know until the day I wore it) BUT my sneaky mischievous son, pulled it out of hiding. I swear, my husband thinks Im nuts. Its gonna be humid 90 degree wweather in Antigua and the weirdo wife is gonna bust out a wig. There nothing I wont stop at for beauty. lol
Old 04-10-2010, 05:29 AM   #489
Blabbermouth!!!

Brought about 8-9 cups of turkey soup to work today. Gonna sip, sip, sip.... and have some tuna later...

yesterdays menu was tuna, turkey, and a little ground beef.

Weight has stayed the same for the last week or two, weighing in every few days. Im actually a bit surprised because my fat has not been high...I wouldve thought I could lose another pound or two. Perhaps I am in a stall too. S-T-A-L-L... What a horrid word.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:34 AM   #490
Blabbermouth!!!

Lisa.... can you come to CT and fix my eyebrows.... I yours.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #491
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miggsmacall
Stats: 317/302/169
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's cycle
Start Date: August 2005 (LC)
Please remind me that when start to exercise your body holds onto water for a few days...I'm up a half a pound from yesterday. I can't believe that when I'm so low on calories and carbs in the first place that 2T of PB and a cup of salad with dressing will make me gain!
Old 04-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #492
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
A clear explanation of why low carb diets work. (article)

A nice read for everyone on this wonderful morning!

and Miggs: Don't sweat it.. you'll be back to normal in hours!
Old 04-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #493
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Good morning ladies!!

Scale read 198.8 today so down another .4 lol. I don't know if I should be happy or frustrated or a combination of both but I am just going to take it one day at a time. Now I am thinking it could be my body retaining water from working out, even though my workouts really weren't intense. I don't know... but come Monday, if things are staying the way they are, I am probably going to go back to Atkins mode. This is the rate I typically lose on Atkins anyway, without depriving myself of bacon and cheese and salads (the things I miss the most) so it makes sense. I'll do a week of Atkins then a week of Stillman's. I don't know, just thinking aloud... part of me is scared to go back to Atkins too because I do like the way I feel when I'm on Stillman's.... Like I said ONE day at a time!! Ha... could feel completely different come Monday.

Anyway, the reason I was a bit disappointed is that my calories yesterday were 540 and my last meal was at 5:30pm. I felt hungry again around 9 but I didn't want to eat that late at night because I thought I would be going to bed soon enough, well ended up staying up until 1. The only exercise I got yesterday was 3 hours of solid house cleaning and a short walk to the post office

Anyway... live and learn, ha. Things are a bit different than my last go 7 years ago... Geez have I really gotten that old!?!? Today makes 8 weeks on low carb.... 7 years ago, at this point, I lost 40lbs on Atkins alone, without exercise. Agh, I don't want to get old!! But it makes me so determined to get it off this time and KEEP IT OFF!!! As they say, it gets more difficult with age.

Have a great day everyone!!! <3
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 04-10-2010, 10:00 AM   #494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Life is not a dress rehearsal. . doesn't that just ring true?
Old 04-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #495
Senior LCF Member

Al- Make sure they are not using the same wax for everyone. especially in the bikini area! I would call and get info- don't listen to the crap that the wax is very hot- I was watching The Doctors and they said that the wax doesn't get high enough in temp to kill stuff like viruses and bacteria! They keep it WARM I would just call and ask! I would ask how their procedure is done- Al I am really not trying to scare you but I am a germaphob looooool!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:03 AM   #496
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Good morning ladies!!
Things are a bit different than my last go 7 years ago... Geez have I really gotten that old!?!? Today makes 8 weeks on low carb.... 7 years ago, at this point, I lost 40lbs on Atkins alone, without exercise. Agh, I don't want to get old!! But it makes me so determined to get it off this time and KEEP IT OFF!!! As they say, it gets more difficult with age.

Have a great day everyone!!! <3
Unfortunately, I think the body reacts a little slower every single time we do another "diet". . I know mine has. .I like the idea of keeping the body guessing and confusing it into losing weight. . mine is just getting to damn smart !
Old 04-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #497
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Please remind me that when start to exercise your body holds onto water for a few days...I'm up a half a pound from yesterday. I can't believe that when I'm so low on calories and carbs in the first place that 2T of PB and a cup of salad with dressing will make me gain!
LOL I am telling myself this right now too so let's hope it's the truth. Though I gotta say, doing stillman's then having a salad would def make me gain... not the peanut butter (boy do I miss that) but the salad definitely would. Hang in there
Old 04-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #498
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

al, did I miss the recipe to a turkey soup somewhere here?? I am going to have to go to the recipe forum and check. All this talk about it has me craving it!!! Just in time for the weather, since it dropped 20 degrees and geez 64 feels like it's freezing now after all those days at 90 degrees. Hey, are you going to see Lady Gaga on her upcoming tour?? As for waxing, I would def make sure they don't use the same wax for everyone too!! Yea it's okay to double dip when it's just you but not if they've had clients before you. I'm a bit of a germaphobe too so when I schedule pedicures, I ask for the first appointment in the morning!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey instead of reminding me to take my vitamins, cuz I don't really need to be reminded, can someone remind me to file my taxes??

Michele, well said, and hello back at you, my name is Nichole and I am a food addict too!! That's the reason I got to where I got.... Doesn't stop at one bite for me... It's devour until it's gone or hurts too much. Ugh. No self control... Not an emotional eater... Just a "healthy" appetite kind of girl. There is no pride in saying, I can easily out eat most men at the table. :blush: Low carb is the ONLY thing that controls my appetite!!! When I stop eating the things that make me crave more of the same crap, I win. I just have to get it in my head that this is a WAY OF LIFE for me and as such.... I need to follow the rules. Why do I want to eat all that stuff that makes me feel sooooo awful and bloated anyway

Not gonna lie, I have a planned cheat day for May 2nd.... Big event I'm going to and allowing myself to drink.... I figured I'd still eat low carb but I am at a war within myself right now because even though it's a month away, I am fighting with myself about whether I am going to allow myself an oreo blizzard on that day.... This coming from someone who is lactose intolerant. :blush: So it's like, why would I do that to myself?? But it tastes so good! I am going to be in the bathroom all night and have severe cravings then next day.... Why am I thinking about this a whole month ahead of time. I don't get it and what makes me so angry is that I can't control these thoughts.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #500
Senior LCF Member

Gwn - 198 :kick ing::cla p: :c lap:::I am so happy for you ONDERLAND! Fingers crossed I meet you there soon Gwn !

Lol I tried sending the message with more cheering claps but the site wouln't let me use so many images !
Old 04-10-2010, 10:25 AM   #501
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks ladies! I have the first appointment in the morning so I should be there for the new wax!

I had floor seats to Gaga, a few months ago and the show got cancelled. Bummer. I got the tickets from a friend thru his job so chances are Ive got another shot at the NY or Boston show coming up in July. (Cross your fingers for me) In other concert news...got myself a pair of free tickets to NKOTB. LOL. I admit it. I love the New Kids!!! and 20 years later they are still HOT!

I'll write up my chicken/turkey soup recipe again... searching is way too tough.

I was trying to find my weekly stats yesterday to see how quickly I lost and gained and lost all my stillmans weight...search option stinks. Actually, its probably my fault for posting too much. hahaha Once my fingers get going...they dont want to stop!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #502
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

P.S. I <3 you all. This is the only place I feel comfortable talking about my weight and food addiction and I thank each and every one of you for listening to me and helping me along the way.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #503
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Not gonna lie, I have a planned cheat day for May 2nd....
OK Gwn..Heres the deal..my bday is May 2. If you eat the blizzard. I will too. Now keep in mind I havent had a cheat day since two bites of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. Do you really want to make me cheat? I'll do it if you do it and it'll probably make us sick.

Please dont do it. Its not worth it! Now a bacon cheeseburger...that would be worth it!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #504
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
A clear explanation of why low carb diets work. (article)

A nice read for everyone on this wonderful morning!

and Miggs: Don't sweat it.. you'll be back to normal in hours!
Im2: What a great article! Thank you so much for posting the link.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #505
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
P.S. I <3 you all. This is the only place I feel comfortable talking about my weight and food addiction and I thank each and every one of you for listening to me and helping me along the way.
Right back at cha!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #506
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2- That was one of the best articles I ever read! Next to Yams posts! Thank you for posting... This is so true:

"One of the reasons a low carb diet works is that protein and fat satisfy your hunger. When you eat protein, you do not crave more protein. If you had a huge plate of chicken, you would not continue to eat it after you had enough. You would eat a certain amount and then you wouldn't want to eat any more. You don't need a cheering section to keep you from eating any more. You're done. You're satisfied.

With carbs, you can never get enough. You can be full, topped off, completely stuffed, and you could still go for some ice cream! Eating carbs makes you crave more carbs."
Old 04-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #507
Blabbermouth!!!

Nermo- I think I'll get it done a couple times to see the process and then I can totally see me doing it myself! If you can recommend your favorite waxing kit, let me know! $90 a pop is a lot!
Old 04-10-2010, 11:04 AM   #508
Blabbermouth!!!

miggs....stoli is my favorite vodka! Used to drink it with cranberry juice, now its the perfect compliment to my Crystal Light!!
Old 04-10-2010, 11:05 AM   #509
Blabbermouth!!!

oh yeah... I found a wig shop near me that has those forever young wigs... I will be blonde by saturday...
Old 04-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #510
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miggsmacall
Stats: 317/302/169
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's cycle
Start Date: August 2005 (LC)
Gwn- if a salad makes me gain while on Stillman's what happens when I reach my goal weight and continue on to normal eating? Do I gain it all back?

Al- Stoli always has been my fav. Although I abstain for now. I drink Stoli with Club Soda and a squeeze of lemon.
Closed Thread