Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
WTG Nermo! 50! WOW your amazing!!!! I'm trying to think before i bite now too. I figured if I think about it first and think about the long term effect it will have, i know deep down the short term satisfaction is not worth it!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #452
Senior LCF Member

well guys! I'm outta here! Will check back in later tonight. I cooked up some ground beef and have it portioned out too lol.. u open my frige and all u see is food containers with meat, eggs, and cottage cheese.. there's no room left for Chris's sweets and carb filled treats ha ha ha!! i win! YAY!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:52 AM   #453
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
OMG I just realized is that 50 pounds I see that I've lost!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #454
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggsmacall View Post
(Picked a color for my wedding dress- fuschia!)
You sound like a lot of fun!!! So cool!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:55 AM   #455
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the poem Lisa! and I love your new pic! Just keeps getting better and better!! Also, great job on the fridge reorg. That'll keep you in check!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:58 AM   #456
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
mmm... Al ok so u only boil the bones- see I boil the whole chicken with an onion cut into 4 and salt and pepper ! that's probably not very stillman!

I have boiled a whole chcken before, but I like the meat and skin when I roast it. I think its fine to add the onion as long as you are pulling it out. Garlic too. I add lots of seasonings too!
Old 04-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #457
Blabbermouth!!!

Also nermo, when you roast the chicken/turkey first, you can save all the concentrated flavor of the juices from the roasting. Put that in the fridge when the bones are boiling and add it back later. Dont know if Im making sense but its really good stuff. The more you boil it down the more flavor you have. Add the meat later when you are reheating so it retains its texture. Unless you like the meat all shredded/soggy, which is yummy too.

Sharon and Yam- Do you have any inspiring ways to make soup?
Old 04-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #458
Blabbermouth!!!

How's the couch to 5K going??? Im gonna try to do better this week- starting tomorrow!
Old 04-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #459
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Wow! This day is flying by. Just finished filling out all the necessary forms for Camp Utah. I'm getting more excited.

You bet I will share all the details as I go. They give you a studio apartment with free high speed Internet access. So, I'll be checking in and telling you how exhausted I am from all the exercise. I will take my camera, too. So maybe I can share some pictures.

April 22 will be here before I know it! So glad I just bought a cute new bathing suit! Oh, just realized I'm gonna have to mow my legs!

Anyway, I am gonna have to gather up all the workout clothes I can find.

LISA: Loved, LOVED your poem. Yes, that's how we all feel!

NERMO: 50 pounds!!! Woo-Hooo!!!

I so agree with the image thing. When I was stick thin, I would look in the mirror and see a fat person. All I could see was the fat! Now, I look back at pictures of me in my 20's, 30's, and 40's and say "what fat???"

Then, when I got fat, I looked in the mirror and did not see it. It's weird. I mean, like yesterday. I put my new cute jeans on with a darling figure hugging black top. I looked in the mirror and thought I looked well proportioned and not fat. Then I uploaded our Easter Sunday photos to Snapfish. There is one of me and the kids in our front yard doing an Easter egg hunt. Same jeans and I thought HOLY CRAP! You ARE fat!

I should take a picture of myself every day because frankly, the camera is more honest than the mirror. I can't stand looking at pictures of my body, full length. Yet I look in the full length mirror and I like what I see. Who can figure that out or explain it??

AL: I want to try the egg-drop soup recipe on the recipe thread. I'll bet that's good. All my great soup recipes have veggies in them, so I'm staying away from soup right now. Also, I like it salty and I'm trying darn hard to cut down on the salt.

This is long, I know! But I wanted to share one more thing. My scale is exactly the same today!!! It's been 220.6 for days and days and days. I think this is the longest time in my life that I have weighed exactly the same morning after morning. Very strange! I feel happy about it though. I mean, I think my body is really adjusting to almost 10 pounds of pure fat melted away. I'll bet I'm still burning fat consistently even though I'm not really eating much fat. I can feel it in the way my clothes fit. Oh, and the double boobs thing is going away. Anybody know what I'm talking about? It's the fat under my arms. When I put a bra on, it sort of hangs out the sides and I have to reach down and squeeze it into the cup or else it looks like I have 2 breasticles on each side! My back fat is disappearing too and I am ecstatic about that!!! No more back cleavage!!

OK, I'm done!!!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 04-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #460
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hi Ladies!

Menu yesterday:
B: 2 eggs, 2 slices deli turkey, coffee
L: 4-5ozs grilled chicken
D: 9-10ozs 99% fat free ground turkey

Got more than a gallon of water in, calories were around 700. I am down .4 lbs today. So yesterday I was 199.6 (and I hated to call it ONEderland) and today I was 199.2. I know it's DOWN but UGH! Am I greedy for wanting more than .4lbs especially when my calories were low, I biked the 3 mile trip to work and back.... I don't know... I am HAPPY the scale was down but I still feel like I weigh too much, and I'm doing everything right, for the scale to practically just CREEP down. I really want to see my goal of 18lbs gone this month but at this rate, it won't happen. In 2 weeks, I have lost 5lbs. Yes, I am happy that I lost 5lbs, but ONLY 5lbs? I had 2 high fat days in the last two weeks, that's it. It just seems like it should be coming off faster than that, considering I still have a lot to lose. Any thoughts or suggestions?? I must be doing something wrong. Aside from those 2 high fat days, my calories average 7-800 and my carbs are always under 5g.

Thanks for letting me vent. I guess I just pieced it together that it's only been 5lbs in the last two weeks and that sort of sent me into a fit.

lisa, I love you're new profile pic, you're so pretty! Thank you for sharing your poem with us, I can relate to it a lot! Also, you are right about these boards really being helpful... If for some reason you folks don't see me on here, on a daily basis, it most definitely means I am off track, with my head in the sand...

nermo, congrats on the 50lbs!! You've had some amazing progress!!

bdladie, whatcha gonna bake?? It is kind of therapeutic, isn't it??? I even sometimes find that house cleaning or cooking, in general, puts me at a ease a bit. You'll do well with the surgery and we'll all be keeping you in our thoughts!

Speaking of house cleaning, today is my day off and I have a lot of cleaning to do.... At least it burns calories!! Have a great day everyone!!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 04-09-2010, 12:04 PM   #461
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
Gwn- It is very relaxing to bake. I think I will make cinnamon rolls for one thing. I will make some cookies also just not sure what kind.

I am eating on plan today but just starving. I think I will go eat my hard boiled egg.

Tania
Old 04-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #462
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
AL: I want to try the egg-drop soup recipe on the recipe thread. I'll bet that's good. All my great soup recipes have veggies in them, so I'm staying away from soup right now. Also, I like it salty and I'm trying darn hard to cut down on the salt.
Havent tried it but it sounds good! Im thinking about a ground beef sausage soup. Someone brought up that conconction and I cant get it out of my head!!! So all we need is a little spice and beef broth...yummmmm
Old 04-09-2010, 01:53 PM   #463
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Gwn... Sorry about the "only" 5 pounds. I'm not sure why its so slow because you seem to be doing everything right! It seems unlikely but maybe its the bike ride??? Im really stumped. but hugs to you!!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:54 PM   #464
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdladie View Post
Gwn- It is very relaxing to bake. I think I will make cinnamon rolls for one thing. I will make some cookies also just not sure what kind.
I dont know how you do it! I can make muffins and stuff for the kids and not try it, but I really really want to!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:56 PM   #465
Blabbermouth!!!

Guess what I did? I made my first ever appointment to get waxed! Full legs/bikini line and armpits. $90. She said it lasts 3 weeks. Is this true?? I would love to NOT have to shave on vacation. Anyone ever tried it?? I go Wed.... How bad wil it hurt?
Old 04-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #466
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Any thoughts or suggestions?? I must be doing something wrong.
If you can, cut back on the salt and any processed foods. deli stuff, hot dogs. Try to eat just chicken, tuna, turkey, and eggs. Try to keep it as plain as possible. Dry spices only or mustard. No ketchup. Are you using cream/milk, or diet sodas or crystal light. Are there any other hidden things beside meat? Sometimes the artificial sugars can cause a stall. I dont think you eat these things, right? I am really stumped at why your weight is not falling off.

I hate to tell you to cut more out, you're calories are already low! Just up the meat and see what happens..
Old 04-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
FYI

From LOSING IT! With Jillian Michaels
Friday, April 09, 2010

Busting Plateaus
There is nothing more discouraging than stepping on the scale after a week of diligent dieting and grueling workouts and not seeing any drop in the number. The plateau is a common problem among dieters and can typically be waited out, but there are measures you can take to keep your metabolism fired up even as you reduce your caloric intake.

The best way to break a plateau is to keep your salt intake below 2,000 milligrams a day and drink lots of water. Make sure you're not eating any processed carbs, period. That's right — no chips, sugar, white flour, and so on. And hit the gym hard! The boost in exercise will make your body swell and hold fluids for a few days, but after a week you should see the benefits on the scale.

You can also try playing around with your caloric intake a bit, varying it from day to day throughout the week while keeping the same weekly total. The body can't slow its metabolism to adjust to a reduced caloric intake if the intake isn't fixed from one day to the next. For instance, to bust my plateau, I might have 1,200 calories on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and then eat 1,500 calories on Tuesday, 1,600 on Thursday, 1,400 on Saturday, and 1,700 on Sunday. Get it?

The plateau effect can sometimes simply be a matter of flagging resolve. If mixing up your caloric intake just isn't working, make sure you're not slipping up on your diet or slacking off in your workouts. I'm serious; it happens.

As with any program, there will be highs and lows, but stay with it. Your body is trying to adjust to the weight loss. Don't get scared or discouraged. Just be patient and know that you are worth it!

Hope this helps someone!
Old 04-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #468
Blabbermouth!!!

I had two, 5 oz bags of tuna today and will have a plate of turkey and a cup of soup when I get home...and probably 2 cups of leftover ground beef.

thinking tonight might be a wine night??? or a rum night???
Old 04-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #469
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Guess what I did? I made my first ever appointment to get waxed! Full legs/bikini line and armpits. $90. She said it lasts 3 weeks. Is this true?? I would love to NOT have to shave on vacation. Anyone ever tried it?? I go Wed.... How bad wil it hurt?
Never tried it, aside from getting my eyebrows professionally waxed but it'll be worth it, more time to lay around and soak in the sun on vaca, instead of shaving every day! Oh a ground beef/sausage soup sounds delicious right about now. I make an Atkins friendly version, well used to when I did low carb last and it was basically halupki aka stuffed cabbage soup. Just fry up ground beef and sausage, throw in a pot of water, add a big can of stewed tomatoes and some grated cabbage. *drool* Low carb and filling!
Old 04-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #470
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Just fry up ground beef and sausage, throw in a pot of water, add a big can of stewed tomatoes and some grated cabbage. *drool* Low carb and filling!

SOUNDS AWESOME!!!! I used to love ground beef and cabbage!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
If you can, cut back on the salt and any processed foods. deli stuff, hot dogs. Try to eat just chicken, tuna, turkey, and eggs. Try to keep it as plain as possible. Dry spices only or mustard. No ketchup. Are you using cream/milk, or diet sodas or crystal light. Are there any other hidden things beside meat? Sometimes the artificial sugars can cause a stall. I dont think you eat these things, right? I am really stumped at why your weight is not falling off.

I hate to tell you to cut more out, you're calories are already low! Just up the meat and see what happens..
You are right. I will cut back on the processed stuff... Was having a hot dog for breakfast then switched it to deli turkey. I guess I didn't think they'd be that bad, especially since I was eating them first thing in the morning. I just am at a loss as to what I can eat with eggs.... I really dislike eggs so I can only eat them if I have a meat to go with them, any suggestions?

The only seasonings I use are mustard (if and only if I'm having turkey), hot sauce, 1-2 tsps maybe every other day and this spice mix called Bam that I sprinkle a bit on my chicken while it's cooking... Mostly just paprika, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt, onion and I just sprinkle a bit and again, use maybe every other day. I will cut that out. Does hot sauce cause water retention?

The only thing I drink is a big mug of coffee a day and water, no sodas or crystal light. My coffee always has 1 packet of Splenda and 1 creamer, which is like 1tsp. Basically between the eggs and coffee, that is my only source of carbs during the day and it's always under 5.

Aside from that, I don't think I've missed anything else. I don't use any oils to cook in, not even Pam. I even cut out my sugar free jello cup, it's been over a week since I had one of those. So... gonna completely stop using hot sauce and that dry spice mix. I think I can cut my coffee down to 1/2 packet of Splenda, lol but I don't know if I can cut the cream down any further... It's a 20oz mug but if I can get by using half a creamer, I will give it a try. Thanks for your help hon, it means a lot!
Old 04-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I forgot to mention, I also take a one-a-day multivitamin with breakfast and with dinner, I take 1 - 500mcg Biotin pill. I noticed the multi says it contains "soy" and the biotin contains "rice powder". I hope these aren't the culprits. My last go with low carb, I really lost a lot of hair, it worried me, which is why I've been keeping up with my vitamins. Perhaps I will try taking them just every other day and see how I feel?
Old 04-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #473
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
From LOSING IT! With Jillian Michaels
Friday, April 09, 2010

Busting Plateaus
There is nothing more discouraging than stepping on the scale after a week of diligent dieting and grueling workouts and not seeing any drop in the number. The plateau is a common problem among dieters and can typically be waited out, but there are measures you can take to keep your metabolism fired up even as you reduce your caloric intake.

The best way to break a plateau is to keep your salt intake below 2,000 milligrams a day and drink lots of water. Make sure you're not eating any processed carbs, period. That's right — no chips, sugar, white flour, and so on. And hit the gym hard! The boost in exercise will make your body swell and hold fluids for a few days, but after a week you should see the benefits on the scale.

You can also try playing around with your caloric intake a bit, varying it from day to day throughout the week while keeping the same weekly total. The body can't slow its metabolism to adjust to a reduced caloric intake if the intake isn't fixed from one day to the next. For instance, to bust my plateau, I might have 1,200 calories on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and then eat 1,500 calories on Tuesday, 1,600 on Thursday, 1,400 on Saturday, and 1,700 on Sunday. Get it?

The plateau effect can sometimes simply be a matter of flagging resolve. If mixing up your caloric intake just isn't working, make sure you're not slipping up on your diet or slacking off in your workouts. I'm serious; it happens.

As with any program, there will be highs and lows, but stay with it. Your body is trying to adjust to the weight loss. Don't get scared or discouraged. Just be patient and know that you are worth it!

Hope this helps someone!
Thanks nermo, I think a lot of us really needed to read that right now!
Old 04-09-2010, 03:07 PM   #474
Blabbermouth!!!

You really are doing everything right Gwn! Everyone is different. I drank gallons of Crystal Light thru this diet (never any water) and I eat hot sauce too. I havent eaten any eggs, but if I did, I would fry one up and put it on a steak for breakfast!

Had had major hair loss too low carb, but the amzing thing is, since going no-carb, my hair is fine. Crazy....I'm taking biotin "hair and there"...when you remind me...

2 "cute" guys in my office were begging me to eat chocolate covered bluberries minute ago. really begging.. I hated to turn them down, but I did!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:50 PM   #475
Senior LCF Member

Hi guys! Rum and diet coke night for me! I'm going to sing karaoke. Don't know if you guys remember or if i mentioned it, i own a dj and karaoke company! I love running shows, but have been so busy working that i haven't had time! But like I said I'm making time again for me! and all of you! Al- I was waxed down there before and i ended up with bumps everywhere! It really sucked! and it hurt pretty bad too!
well i have one more client, then i'm going to go get ready to go out. ttyl... btw i stayed 100% on plan today!
Old 04-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #476
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miggsmacall
Stats: 317/302/169
WOE: HCG
Start Date: August 2005 (LC)-March 2014 WW
I did pretty good today.

B: 4 scrambled eggs
L: grilled chicken breast, some green papaya salad
D: 7 oz lean pork chop
S: 3 scrambled eggs

and I went to the gym and drank my waters! We'll see where we are in the morning!
Old 04-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Just a quick shout out, girls! I've been lurking more than usual . .not feeling particularly wonderful lately but I wanted to thank everyone for being so positive and upbeat every day! Even the rants are enjoyable. . I especially wanted to log in tonight to congratulation Nermo! O my girl. . you are so awesome .. I can't even put into words how happy I am for you! and thanks for hanging in there and posting encouragement.

Lisa: Your new picture is gorgeous! You really are a beautiful girl. . wonderful poem. and so true. . addiction is a crazy thing. . My name is Michele and I'm a food-o-holic and a carb addict. . yes, I am. .

Tania: Thank you for sharing your before and after. . You are a blonde bombshell.. . I can't wait for the after pix to hit.

Gwn. . I'm still so happy you joined the forum. .Love your enthusiasm and insights (neighbors are a hoot!)

Yam. .Yam. .I'm telling you. . if I had the money (or the time). .I would gladly join you. . I'd be dead by the end of the week. .but at least I'd be thinner!! How great that you have the initiative to do something great. Good for you!!

Kath.. we you. .

AL: I want you to promise to have a wonderful, fabulous time on your trip and do something crazy in honor of all of us!!! Enjoy. .Enjoy . Enjoy. .and don't worry about every little thing. I am sure you will be plenty active (both indoors and out) . .you will burn those calories in no time. Seriously, life is too short and can change in a blink of an eye. . Enjoy your loving husband and let yourself go!!!! Come back a new woman. .with a glow, a tan (minus lines ) . .big blonde hair. .a lady ga ga smile (pack your concert outfits). . new muscles in all the "right" places and your wonderful spirit. We shall await your return . . and I promise to be a few pounds lighter. . Promise. . cuz that whoosh fairy doesn't know what she's missing by not visiting me!! She'll be in for treats!

O .and just for the record guys. . I was so close to 10,000 steps on my pedometer yesterday. . I walked for almost an hour while my little ones were in their hip/hop class. . that, combined with my daily walking only added up to 8,500. . So today I really tried to step it up. . that will be my new challenge to try to get as close to the 10,000 as I can. . better than nothing, I guess.

Everyone else. . (I'm sorry if I missed anyone. .I'm getting old . I forget. . ). .Have a great Stillman weekend. .I'm gonna rock it!
Old 04-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by miggsmacall View Post
I did pretty good today.

B: 4 scrambled eggs
L: grilled chicken breast, some green papaya salad
D: 7 oz lean pork chop
S: 3 scrambled eggs

and I went to the gym and drank my waters! We'll see where we are in the morning!
Miggs. .I love your avi. . my kinda woman!!! Great menu today. . I think I'm going to add a tiny little bit of green to mine. . perhaps I'll eat less that way. . I sure miss my greens. .
Old 04-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miggsmacall
Stats: 317/302/169
WOE: HCG
Start Date: August 2005 (LC)-March 2014 WW
I just snapped and after my 7 oz pork chop I had 2T peanut butter on 2 celery sticks and 1 cup of lettuce with 1 T caesar dressing.

Stillman's is so hard for me but it works!
Old 04-09-2010, 09:45 PM   #480
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Al- I actually love love getting waxed- u kinda get used to the pain (not so bad) <----------- I actually do it myself- it last 3-4 weeks and is sooooo soft and smooth- believe me you will love it! Oh by the way when the hair starts coming back it's really soft not like shaving where it starts to prick and itch- Good job on the pampering! Precaution make sure the place doesn't double dip into the wax - For 90 bucks you can be as demanding as you want-
Closed Thread