Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #421
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
I am picking up belly dancing- I love it so it should be exercise and fun!!!!!
Hi Nermo! This sounds awesome! I want to try too!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2010, 01:29 PM   #422
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ah!!! But therein lies the problem!!!! My hair does have a tendency to go very orange---oh I've had disasters!!! It's the irish red hair lurking about in my genes somewhere!!! I find it really hard to get light ash blonde---you saw it (kind of!) it's always more golden than ash!!!
THEN DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT color your eyebrows blonde...pick the lightest brown you can find.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:30 PM   #423
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat430 View Post
Well I am back again until I get this weight off. I am turning 40 at the end of the month and would like to hit this milestone in a better "weight" place than I am now. I started QWL this morning with a slight modification of only eating one meal a day, for today only. Need to flush out yesterday's candy buffet and salty ham dinner.
I ordered the Doctors Quick Weight Loss book yesterday from Amazon and it should be here in a few days. I am excited to have the hardcover copy, my paperback has seen its last days.

Hope everyone is doing well and has seen results, I have been on the hamster wheel and am finally getting off!
Hi Cat! Glad to have you back!!! Wishing you much success over the month. Heck you dont need wishes YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #424
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
I am going to go shopping in a little bit and buy a new scale.
Gwn, did you get the new scale??? Is it digital?
Old 04-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #425
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
One thing you might want to be aware of, and maybe you already are, those of us who are carb sensitive or have some level of insulin resistance get triggered by carbs to crave more carbs. The worst thing you can do is eat carbs without protein. So, strange as it may seem, if you slip up and eat a brownie or any simple refined carbs, go find some lean protein immediately and gobble it up!! Carry around some hard boiled eggs in your purse. Or, even better, if you have one of those very small soft side coolers, put some sliced turkey or lean steak or whatever is your favorite meat in it. Follow up the brownie with lean protein as soon as possible.
Thank you YamYam. This is great advice. I have read this many many times!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #426
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Meat, meat!! Our favorite treat! When we eat it, the scale get's sweet!!!:
We have another poet on the boards!! LOVE IT!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #427
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Ya know what? Stillmans was pre zero carb shirataki noodles.. I bet it would be OK these days. .zero carbs is zero carbs .. enjoy
What do shirataki noodles taste like? are they yummy??? What do you put on them.. very curious..
Old 04-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #428
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Turkey is roasting in the oven, Ground Beef and Sausage is browning on the stove, there are 2 rotisserie chickens in the fridge.....I am so ready for the rest of the week

I am not sure I can look at (or smell) tuna for a couple of days.....

I have added some cinnamon tea 2x a day to see if that would help stoke the internal fires and get the scale moving.

I did watch the rerun of the Dr. Oz show where he talked about different diets.....one thing that hit me was that those of us on a low carb/low fat diet like Stillman's would see an initial weight loss followed by a stall as the body began to burn and actually MELT the fat inside - he did a demo.

So for those of us experiencing a stall, if we stick to the plan the weight WILL come off Sometimes this is so hard to remember - we have all been on diets before and for whatever reason we are back again......

Along with CARBS, DISCOURAGEMENT is evil - it sets us up for failure. We can't help but be a bit disappointed when we have followed the plan and the scale doesn't move - but after seeing the demo that Dr. Oz did yesterday I now KNOW that my body is trying to burn the fat as fuel - it will just take time.

If I can bump up my exercise then the body will need more fuel and the weight will come off faster.

The final point he made on his show was that no matter what diet/WOE we choose, CALORIES still count. I for one, tend to forget that fact. I think - "Well I am eating low/no carb" forgetting that I haven't been moving around as much (back injury) but I am still eating CALORIES ..... so I need to watch that as well.
Awesome post Sharon!!! and your menu sounds awesome! I wish I was going home to ground beef and sausage! Im stuck with turkey for the rest of the week, but my soup should finally be done today. I get to scrape all the fat of the top when I get home!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:55 PM   #429
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Got about 8-10 miles of biking in.
You are tearing up the track Gwn!~ WTG!! Another biking day!! thats awesome!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #430
Blabbermouth!!!

ilpirata- HOw did your appointment go? Good news I hope? Fill us in!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #431
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2...LISA
Old 04-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #432
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
WHOOSH FAIRY
I second this!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #433
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Is this Biggest Loser (BL) Camp? Are you really gonna go? You should sign up, pretend to eat the veggies and then refuse to exercise- You'll amaze everyone with your results!
:r ofl:
Old 04-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #434
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Well, I was really bummed this morning because I found out the BL Fitness Ridge camp is booked until December!!!!! However! I never give up. I found another camp that is just as awesome and works closely with Fitness Ridge. In fact, they have the same fitness gurus who created BL on staff! Yay! and guess what? I'm IN!!!!

I leave April 22 and will be there a whole week. Can't stop happy dancing!!! I'm so excited I could just.....pee. Oh, I have to anyway.

Here is the link if you want to check it out:

Utah Weight Loss Retreat - HOME - Utah Weight Loss Camps, Fitness Retreat, Boot Camp Fitness Program

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 04-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
I leave April 22 and will be there a whole week. Can't stop happy dancing!!! I'm so excited I could just.....pee. Oh, I have to anyway.

Utah Weight Loss Retreat - HOME - Utah Weight Loss Camps, Fitness Retreat, Boot Camp Fitness Program
Very Cool! You will have to let us know DETAILS

Maybe next year for me (when I don't have 2 kids in college and a wedding (daughter's) coming up)!

SHaron
Old 04-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Well, I was really bummed this morning because I found out the BL Fitness Ridge camp is booked until December!!!!! However! I never give up. I found another camp that is just as awesome and works closely with Fitness Ridge. In fact, they have the same fitness gurus who created BL on staff! Yay! and guess what? I'm IN!!!!

That is soooo AWESOME!! Oh I can't wait to hear all about it!!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:01 PM   #437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
So I made some ground turkey for dinner. I bought the 99% fat free kind and added mustard. It's yummy and filling. Do you think the 93% fat free ground turkey would be okay?? It's a pretty significant difference... 8g fat versus 1g but the jennie o turkey burgers are that kind and I really like them... I'd eat 2 at a time though, so that'd be close to 400 cals and 16g fat. Thoughts?
Old 04-08-2010, 06:15 PM   #438
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
So I made some ground turkey for dinner. I bought the 99% fat free kind and added mustard. It's yummy and filling. Do you think the 93% fat free ground turkey would be okay?? It's a pretty significant difference... 8g fat versus 1g but the jennie o turkey burgers are that kind and I really like them... I'd eat 2 at a time though, so that'd be close to 400 cals and 16g fat. Thoughts?

I am pretty sure MY digestive system would NOT like them

Sharon
Old 04-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hiya everyone!

Wow the weather out is great, sunny and warm ahhhh..... gonna take the kids out for a nice walk today!

Al- How do you scrape all the fat out- When I make soup I put the whole chicken in and let it keep boiling then remove it and I can't seem to take out th fat! DO you let it cool down first or what- Details please! I saw this lady on the food network take paper towels and run it across the top of few times quickly to remove the fat - she used like 3 towels I think.

GT- Hope you are having fun-

By the way removing the salt and just adding vinegar to my chicken has made the world of a difference on the scale- I use enough vinegar just to give me that salt tang! Not bad at all!

I am changing my stats now 220.6

Are we supposed to leave some meat and water out for the Whoosh fairy! Maybe she hasn't been around because we are eating it all!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:06 AM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
Good for you Nermo! It's great to see those stats moving.

Gwn-I am so happy for you to finally see onderland!! I know you must feel great.

Yam- I want to here all about the camp. I am jealous I want to go with you. I need to learn to exercise more and love it.

Well I have chicken and hard boiled eggs for my food today. I have 1 week till surgery am a little nervous and excited. I think Sunday I will do some baking since that is how I calm down. Will not be eating it of course but do love my baking.

Have a great on Plan day everyone.

Tania

It's all about me for a change!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:41 AM   #441
Blabbermouth!!!

Yam-great news about the camp! Saw 5-7 hours of exercise a day, so Im out. How very exciting for you!

Gwn- I've always eaten 94% turkey and I still lost.

Nermo- after I boil the bones, i strain, let it cool down on the stove, then put it in the fridge. All the fat hardens at the top and then I scrape it off!
Old 04-09-2010, 07:00 AM   #442
Senior LCF Member

mmm... Al ok so u only boil the bones- see I boil the whole chicken with an onion cut into 4 and salt and pepper ! that's probably not very stillman!
Old 04-09-2010, 07:13 AM   #443
Senior LCF Member

mmm... Al ok so u only boil the bones- see I boil the whole chicken with an onion cut into 4 and salt and pepper ! that's probably not very stillman!
Old 04-09-2010, 07:52 AM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
okay! I'm gone for a whole day and we have 5 pages! wow! YAY! thats so awesome!
sorry it was a struggle with the evil carbs for some of us! I was right there with you. Dark chocolate called my name, over and over and I listened! BAD LISA BAD!

I made up a bunch of hard boiled eggs and made egg salad out of them using a reduced fat light mayo. I only used enough to get the yolks creamy and added a few drops of water too and a dash of salt and pepper. I portioned out my cottage cheese, made chicken soup out of my leftover chicken from 2 days ago, portioned it out and made up tuna and mustard. I have everything ready to grab and go!

TOM is finally here and I feel more ready than ever to get this weight off! I have my water intake for the day portioned out as well!

I was trying to figure out why i had done so well in the first month and why i couldnt keep on track after that! It all had to do with my crazy schedule, the fact that i didnt have time to participate in the group as much as i needed to and i didnt have time or energy to cook up and portion out my food like i did in the beginning.

Well all that has changed! I am making time for me, the group, and the food i need to keep me on track!
I'm looking forward to getting this weight off!
Old 04-09-2010, 08:21 AM   #445
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miggsmacall
Stats: 317/302/169
WOE: HCG
Start Date: August 2005 (LC)-March 2014 WW
Weight the same this morning. A miracle since I wolfed down a whole container of full fat Fage- the 2 cup one- over the course of a day.

Also, saw some pictures of myself at my sister's wedding, even my face is super fat. Want nicer pictures at my wedding. (Picked a color for my wedding dress- fuschia!)

Menu the same today WITHOUT said yogurt.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:24 AM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Oh one more thing! carbohydrates are harder to kick than a bad drug habit.

See with Drugs, you have to hide that addiction from the world. You have to go out and look for it, sneak around to use it.

With Carbs there readily available! People kindly hand you a piece of gum or a cookie. Your Co-workers are happy to share a sandwich with you. You can even drive up to a window and pick them up 24 hrs a day! Carbs are thrown in your face everywhere you go! There on TV, at the bank, sitting on peoples desks right there in front of you day in and day out!

See why I say it's harder than a drug addiction to kick! I wrote a poem that I'm gonna share. The poem is not uplifting, but more of an insight of how it feels when you are in the process of giving into your addiction.

Addiction

Set in a hazy cloud of addiction and self abuse..

Red light flashing
My heart is pounding
The soul is crashing
My mind is drowning

My heart is aching
There is no light
God I'm forsaking
I know it's not right

Feeling the beast
It overcomes me
I prepare the feast
Never to be free

Crying out in prayer
Screaming in pain
In the beast's lair
I'm being slain

The flesh is torn
My soul is dark
Now reborn
I show the mark

The spirit is restless
My body is still
Trapped in this fortress
I got my fill.

This is what it feels like to me every time I put something in my mouth that i shouldn't!! I'm sure a lot of you feel the same too... especially those of us who were calling carbs evil!
Old 04-09-2010, 08:26 AM   #447
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hiya everyone!

Wow the weather out is great, sunny and warm ahhhh..... gonna take the kids out for a nice walk today!

Al- How do you scrape all the fat out- When I make soup I put the whole chicken in and let it keep boiling then remove it and I can't seem to take out th fat! DO you let it cool down first or what- Details please! I saw this lady on the food network take paper towels and run it across the top of few times quickly to remove the fat - she used like 3 towels I think.

GT- Hope you are having fun-

By the way removing the salt and just adding vinegar to my chicken has made the world of a difference on the scale- I use enough vinegar just to give me that salt tang! Not bad at all!

I am changing my stats now 220.6

Are we supposed to leave some meat and water out for the Whoosh fairy! Maybe she hasn't been around because we are eating it all!
WTG!!!! YAY
Old 04-09-2010, 08:28 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggsmacall View Post
Weight the same this morning. A miracle since I wolfed down a whole container of full fat Fage- the 2 cup one- over the course of a day.

Also, saw some pictures of myself at my sister's wedding, even my face is super fat. Want nicer pictures at my wedding. (Picked a color for my wedding dress- fuschia!)

Menu the same today WITHOUT said yogurt.
I LOVE FUSCHIA!!! You will LOOK AMAZING!!!! Keep your goals in the front of your mind think before you bite!
Old 04-09-2010, 08:33 AM   #449
Senior LCF Member

I like that lisa- Think before you bite! If we did that all the time we would be so okay!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 08:36 AM   #450
Senior LCF Member

OMG I just realized is that 50 pounds I see that I've lost!!!
<---------- and I still have just as much to lose if I wanna look and feel better Wow it's funny how when I was 272 I was thinking that I am not that fat- I seriously did not see that in the mirror - I thought I was just a little bit plump and then I saw a picture of me and OMG was that a rude awakening!
Closed Thread