Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 01:05 PM   #301
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
PROTEIN POWER!!! It felt great to change my stats; even if it's only 1 pound. 13 days and minus 9 pounds. Not bad, right? I'll take it!

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 04-05-2010 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: add a thought...

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Just a drop in to say Hi. .I can't keep up with you guys. . .Pedometer up to 3,200 and I've been at work all day. . Still trying to get to 10,000 before bed. . perhaps hubby will walk with me tonight. . They have a wonderful Butterfly exhibit in the gardens here. . I'm hoping (Or hopping) to sneak over while they are in karate. . .(((crossing fingers he's in a good mood. .))))
Old 04-05-2010, 01:40 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
I ate a brownie today!
damn office ppl at our monthly meeting pushing their crap at me..
i kept saying no.. but finally gave in and had the small little dried up corner piece.. it wasn't even good!
Now i feel llike my whole day was shot!
I'm just gonna finish with my planned menu for the day and drink tons of water!
Tomorrow i will do a day of tuna and water to flush it all away! I hope that helps!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
miggsmacall

You will find lots of support here - we are a chatty group

Sharon
Old 04-05-2010, 02:47 PM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
PROTEIN POWER!!! It felt great to change my stats; even if it's only 1 pound. 13 days and minus 9 pounds. Not bad, right? I'll take it!
Congratulations!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Well I opened a can of tuna, plopped it in a bowl and then stared at it foe a few minutes.....sigh....

I just couldn't bring myself to eat it as it was. I am NOT a yellow mustard person but I do like Dijon so I took the suggestion of many of you and added a little to one half of the tuna. It wasn't too bad

So then I experimented and I added Dijon to the rest, along with some horseradish, crushed red pepper and a dash of soy. HURRAY! I have tuna without mayo, pickles and celery that I actually like.

Thanks ladies for your suggestions and support. I may yet join you in a "tuna" day......not sure if I can do it early in the morning though (the smell)

SHaron
Old 04-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
I ate a brownie today!
damn office ppl at our monthly meeting pushing their crap at me..
i kept saying no.. but finally gave in and had the small little dried up corner piece.. it wasn't even good!
Now i feel llike my whole day was shot!
I'm just gonna finish with my planned menu for the day and drink tons of water!
Tomorrow i will do a day of tuna and water to flush it all away! I hope that helps!
That's the spirit Lisa. . One meal at a time. . you can't beat yourself up for something you can't undo. . just move ahead without regrets. .that weight will drop right off by tomorrow. .
Old 04-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #308
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
MAYDAY! MAYDAY!

OMG! I NEVER posts posts like this anywhere on LCF but I'm having a major emergency. Something came over me in the brake room and i ate a piece of homemade cake... it was like fruitcake I cut a piece like four inches square and ate it> I swear I would've eaten the whole thing but there were other people in there LOL...

Ugh! I've blown it and now I can't stop thinking about buying all the twix in the vending machine and eating them all> I'm one of those that ONE TASTE of real sugar sets off the binge.

HELP!
Old 04-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
OMG! I NEVER posts posts like this anywhere on LCF but I'm having a major emergency. Something came over me in the brake room and i ate a piece of homemade cake... it was like fruitcake I cut a piece like four inches square and ate it> I swear I would've eaten the whole thing but there were other people in there LOL...

Ugh! I've blown it and now I can't stop thinking about buying all the twix in the vending machine and eating them all> I'm one of those that ONE TASTE of real sugar sets off the binge.

HELP!
I am just like this as well - very frustrating. BUT, even Dr Stillman recognized that we would have our "bad" days - his advice was to do a week of the strict Stillman's afterwards. Don't beat yourself up. Just dust yourself off and eat some chicken, or tuna

Sometimes when we crave sweets (or food) it is our body telling us that we are THIRSTY (strange but true). Then next time you get a craving for something sweet, try drinking water, flavored water, or even a diet soda and see if that helps.

Please join Al and I for the next 3 days on the "Strict" Stillman's. We would love to have you join the weigh-in on THursday

Sharon
Old 04-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
I am just like this as well - very frustrating. BUT, even Dr Stillman recognized that we would have our "bad" days - his advice was to do a week of the strict Stillman's afterwards. Don't beat yourself up. Just dust yourself off and eat some chicken, or tuna

Sometimes when we crave sweets (or food) it is our body telling us that we are THIRSTY (strange but true). Then next time you get a craving for something sweet, try drinking water, flavored water, or even a diet soda and see if that helps.

Please join Al and I for the next 3 days on the "Strict" Stillman's. We would love to have you join the weigh-in on THursday

Sharon

Okay I'm going to drink a bunch of water... I always freak out that I'm knocked out of ketosis even though according to ****** I'm still pretty low on carbs for the day. Thanks!

ETA: I can't sign up for Strict Stillmans because I've been eating some zero carb zero calorie shirataki noodles
Old 04-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Just thought I would give you guys a glimpse of something that I do for people and pets.

This one is for several pets but I do individual tributes of people and pets as well.

Caution: Tissues may be needed

2009ABTCRainbowWall

I am working for the one for this years dog show, since I am an emotional eater I am glad there is NOTHING but protein (already prepared) in the house.

Sharon
Old 04-05-2010, 04:04 PM   #312
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Okay I'm going to drink a bunch of water... I always freak out that I'm knocked out of ketosis even though according to ****** I'm still pretty low on carbs for the day. Thanks!

ETA: I can't sign up for Strict Stillmans because I've been eating some zero carb zero calorie shirataki noodles
Kisha: Hi, so glad to meet you! DO NOT FREAK OUT!!! Even if you got knocked out of ketosis, get right back on the plan and your body will start all over, which is awesome because you will get a big whoosh after a day or two. It will be like you are starting from the beginning. You are OK. You are doing fine.

One thing you might want to be aware of, and maybe you already are, those of us who are carb sensitive or have some level of insulin resistance get triggered by carbs to crave more carbs. The worst thing you can do is eat carbs without protein. So, strange as it may seem, if you slip up and eat a brownie or any simple refined carbs, go find some lean protein immediately and gobble it up!! Carry around some hard boiled eggs in your purse. Or, even better, if you have one of those very small soft side coolers, put some sliced turkey or lean steak or whatever is your favorite meat in it. Follow up the brownie with lean protein as soon as possible.

I know you said you are not doing 100% Stillman WOE, but, if you can stand to do it for one day, you will be amazed at how it cuts down your craving for "goodies". I made oatmeal cookies, brownies and Easter cakes with tons of buttercream frosting with my grand daughters the other day. I had NO DESIRE to even take a lick of any of it. In fact, the leftover brownies, cookies and half a cake are sitting in plain view on my kitchen counter and I just have no desire at all for it. Right now I want some turkey breast! And, I'm gonna have it!

Anyway, hope this helps a little. Don't be embarrassed at all. That's what we are all here for. We want to encourage each other and give each other some of our wisdom, right?You will be back on track in no time!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 04-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #313

Quote:
Kisha: Hi, so glad to meet you! DO NOT FREAK OUT!!! Even if you got knocked out of ketosis, get right back on the plan and your body will start all over, which is awesome because you will get a big whoosh after a day or two. It will be like you are starting from the beginning. You are OK. You are doing fine.

One thing you might want to be aware of, and maybe you already are, those of us who are carb sensitive or have some level of insulin resistance get triggered by carbs to crave more carbs. The worst thing you can do is eat carbs without protein. So, strange as it may seem, if you slip up and eat a brownie or any simple refined carbs, go find some lean protein immediately and gobble it up!! Carry around some hard boiled eggs in your purse. Or, even better, if you have one of those very small soft side coolers, put some sliced turkey or lean steak or whatever is your favorite meat in it. Follow up the brownie with lean protein as soon as possible.

I know you said you are not doing 100% Stillman WOE, but, if you can stand to do it for one day, you will be amazed at how it cuts down your craving for "goodies". I made oatmeal cookies, brownies and Easter cakes with tons of buttercream frosting with my grand daughters the other day. I had NO DESIRE to even take a lick of any of it. In fact, the leftover brownies, cookies and half a cake are sitting in plain view on my kitchen counter and I just have no desire at all for it. Right now I want some turkey breast! And, I'm gonna have it!

Anyway, hope this helps a little. Don't be embarrassed at all. That's what we are all here for. We want to encourage each other and give each other some of our wisdom, right?You will be back on track in no time!
Thank you sweetie! I seem to have regained some control... meaning I didn't eat all the twix in the vending machine LOL... I'm going to pretend this never happened and just keep going.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #314
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Just thought I would give you guys a glimpse of something that I do for people and pets.

This one is for several pets but I do individual tributes of people and pets as well.

Caution: Tissues may be needed

2009ABTCRainbowWall

I am working for the one for this years dog show, since I am an emotional eater I am glad there is NOTHING but protein (already prepared) in the house.

Sharon
Sharon: Awesome!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #315
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thank you sweetie! I seem to have regained some control... meaning I didn't eat all the twix in the vending machine LOL... I'm going to pretend this never happened and just keep going.
See? There you go! Yay! That's the spirit! I love your little quote in your signature....so, Ms. Churchhill!!! Now is not the time to EVER give up!!! Get back on that LC horse!!! And get kickin'!!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #316
Blabbermouth!!!

I like the idea of KICKING CARBS TO THE CURB!!! We have protein power!!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:28 PM   #317
Blabbermouth!!!

Meat, meat!! Our favorite treat! When we eat it, the scale get's sweet!!! (Now I am getting ridiculous!)

I just took a Long jacuzzi bath with peppermint sea salt bath salts. Man that's good. Think it made me silly, though. Or maybe it's the gallon of water I just drank!

Wanted to tell you more good news today. I took my measurements and I'm finally down! Down 1 whole inch on my hips!!! I knew I felt thinner! Lost 1/2 inch on the puppies and for some reason I can fit into one of my favorite pink bras, a size smaller, that I have not been able to wear for months! My waist stayed the same and I'm bummed about that. But, oh, well.....it's not gonna happen all at once.

I was brave enough to do the body monitor for fat% and soooooooo tickled that it has gone down 4.5% since I started on March 22. Yippeeee-Kai-YAY!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #318
Senior LCF Member

OK FAT I WILL (in the famous words of Jason Alexander):

"Never give up. Never surrender!"
-Jason Alexander, Galaxy Quest

So, just pack you little squishy selves and move on outta here!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:33 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wanted to tell you more good news today. I took my measurements and I'm finally down! Down 1 whole inch on my hips!!! I knew I felt thinner! Lost 1/2 inch on the puppies and for some reason I can fit into one of my favorite pink bras, a size smaller, that I have not been able to wear for months! My waist stayed the same and I'm bummed about that. But, oh, well.....it's not gonna happen all at once.

I was brave enough to do the body monitor for fat% and soooooooo tickled that it has gone down 4.5% since I started on March 22. Yippeeee-Kai-YAY!!!
Yam - WAY TO GO!!!! Wasn't the perserverance worth it? Yep it was!

Sharon
Old 04-05-2010, 05:38 PM   #320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Late check in but all is well, got a new scale and seems to be working well. I had a high fat day today so not expecting a loss tomorrow but will be back to lean meats for the next few days. Have a great night everyone!
Old 04-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Well said. .Yam. Yam. .I think we forget that this is a lifestyle change. . We can't be 100% all the time or we just wouldn't be human. . Forgive yourself. . No one else notices, anyway. . and move on!!! I do it all the time. . otherwise I would have given up long ago. . I just keep my eye on the prize!!! Thank you for joining us Yam. . we you!
Old 04-05-2010, 07:30 PM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Ya know what? Stillmans was pre zero carb shirataki noodles.. I bet it would be OK these days. .zero carbs is zero carbs .. enjoy
Old 04-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #323
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
OK FAT I WILL (in the famous words of Jason Alexander):

"Never give up. Never surrender!"
-Jason Alexander, Galaxy Quest

So, just pack you little squishy selves and move on outta here!
ONWARD!! Yay!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #324
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Well said. .Yam. Yam. .I think we forget that this is a lifestyle change. . We can't be 100% all the time or we just wouldn't be human. . Forgive yourself. . No one else notices, anyway. . and move on!!! I do it all the time. . otherwise I would have given up long ago. . I just keep my eye on the prize!!! Thank you for joining us Yam. . we you!
Im2: Weller said! I love you all back!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #325
Blabbermouth!!!

I was just thinking how proud Dr. Stillman would be of all of us. Especially calling ourselves "Stillman's April Achievers..." Like we are his or something. ha! Just a silly thought, but he really did help me when I was a teen and then over and over through the years. Funny though, I never knew 'til last week what his story was. In his original QWL book he simply said "I would have been dead years ago if I had not taken the weight off quickly."

So, I just read his 14 Day Shape Up Program book. In it, he goes into a little more detail. Apparently he was 40 years old and 55 pounds overweight. He had a massive heart attack and almost died. The doctors who revived him told him that his fat was killing him and damaging his heart. They told him that if he did not lose 50 pounds, he would probably die within a year because his poor heart could not deal with the extra poundage on his body. Then, they proceeded to recommend a "balanced diet" that would take off about one pound per week.

He thought, wait a minute!!! If I lose a pound a week that will be 55 pounds by a year from now. If they are truly correct, I'll be dead before I can lose the weight!

As an educated internist, he knew lots about the working of the body. (See, we can KNOW how it works and what will work, but if we don't DO WHAT WE KNOW, well, we are sunk!!! I made up a saying "Decision minus action equals delusion...and defeat!"

Anyhoo, he took what he knew and created this QWL diet. He lost 55 pounds in eleven weeks! Eleven weeks!! See? it's not impossible! The author himself did it! And, he kept it off. Now I am forgetting how old he was when he wrote the book, but he mentions that somewhere, too.

I'm just babbling because I feel like talking to someone and Dh is the only one here and he is into sports on TV.

Thought that was interesting, though!

Here is an interesting quote I just read in a booklet called "Take-Charge-of-Your-Life Therapy",

Increasing self-esteem is easy: Do good things and remember that you did them. You're great!

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 04-05-2010 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Old 04-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
well guys off to bed! i'm glad to be getting a fresh start tomorrow.. i will be very strict! Super Strict for the next three days and do a weigh in friday morning. G-night all!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #327
Blabbermouth!!!

Nitey-Nite!!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:29 AM   #328
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

I'm just babbling because I feel like talking to someone and Dh is the only one here and he is into sports on TV.

Thought that was interesting, though!

Here is an interesting quote I just read in a booklet called "Take-Charge-of-Your-Life Therapy",

Increasing self-esteem is easy: Do good things and remember that you did them. You're great!
Thank you! Inspiring, as always! and yes.. my hubby was glued to sports, too.. errr it never ends
Old 04-06-2010, 06:38 AM   #329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My inspiring quote for the day:

Remember you are not trying to lose weight or maintain the weight you've lost so much as you are trying to continue to improve the way you think about your body and therefore yourself, since you are your body. Make that connection.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
My inspiring quote for the day:

Remember you are not trying to lose weight or maintain the weight you've lost so much as you are trying to continue to improve the way you think about your body and therefore yourself, since you are your body. Make that connection.
Thanks I needed that this morning as that pesky 1/2 pound was back
Closed Thread