Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   March's Meat Munchers love Stillmans! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/663956-marchs-meat-munchers-love-stillmans.html)

IM2fat 02-28-2010 12:46 PM

March's Meat Munchers love Stillmans!

Happy March. .Follow us into Spring and watch the weight drop! :welcome:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/st...-off-diet.html
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/st...p-program.html
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/st...-off-diet.html

IM2fat 02-28-2010 12:48 PM

This is going to be a super-charged month with a lot of losers! Climb aboard and share your thoughts! We welcome you!

nermo 02-28-2010 01:40 PM

PHEWWWW I am here. Here we go one month down and more to come!

This is my Birthday month so i hope to be down 15 pounds by my b'day on March 28, wish me luck !

IM2fat 02-28-2010 03:56 PM

You can do it, Nermo! I just know it. My Birthday is at the end of April and I intend to be 15 down! I would love 20 but will take anything at this point!! :shake:

aleriaaa 02-28-2010 05:00 PM

IM HERE!!!!! Love the new thread IM2!!

:hiya: :hiya: :hiya: :hiya: :hiya: EVERYONE!!!

st_pauli_girl 02-28-2010 05:00 PM

I'm going to kick March's BUTT. My "little" clothes are begging me to wear them again..

aleriaaa 02-28-2010 05:20 PM

Nermo and IM2- I'm looking into my crystal ball and see great weight loss in your futures....

GT- I am so so sorry you were ill. Please up the fat. We're really worried about you and want you to be healthy. The only reason I've lasted this long without veggies and fruits is because of the fat. If you feel dizzy, tired, sluggish, you have to add fat. Please give it a try. Yesterday, I had a tuna/chicken/turkey day. I lost a pound, but did not feel 100% today. Very tired at times. I know I got a good night sleep and have not done anything strenuous, so I can only blame it on my low fat day. You have done an amazing job and have lost so much weight. I know the burning desire to cut and slash our way to goal, and you must feel like you should be done by now, but this is an important time to focus on feeling good, having energy, being healthy inside and out, and our bodies will follow through and do whats right by us. 3 hours of exercise is way to much for Jillian, let alone us. luv ya girlie! You will get to goal. I know you will.

aleriaaa 02-28-2010 05:25 PM

Hey there- Paulies Girl! So glad you decided to join us! I have no doubt you will get those pesky pregnancy pounds off! Stick with us and expect to lose lots this coming week and the weeks ahead!! Just ask Nermo!!

IM2fat 02-28-2010 06:44 PM

Al! Whew. .was worried about the name. .No one threw out any ideas and I forgot all about it until this morning. .So glad you found us!

Thank you for the good karma. . hopefully it'll rub off on everyone and we will be the biggest losers EVER!! I'm really, really done getting used to this size and would like to see another size, smaller. .that is. . before the end of March. .Yay. Spring. .

IM2fat 02-28-2010 06:46 PM

speaking of dizzy. .very weird but I haven't felt right all day. .not sick or anything .just kinda cloudy? I don't know why. .I felt that way a little yesterday too but not as bad as today. . I thought maybe it was my meds but I haven't seen that listed in the side effects. . I definately ate enough fat today. .I had ground beef X2 so I can't really figure it out. .I would suspect blood sugar but my tests came back OK. .I guess if it keeps up, I'll drag my sorry butt back to the DR. . Maybe its just Spring Fever? Yes. .that's it. .Spring Fever. .we are all ill with it!

IM2fat 02-28-2010 06:51 PM

Paulie! Glad you found us. . I lurk on other boards and lure people in. You will like this group. .We compliment each other very well. .Bad days and good! I hope the rest of the gang checks in soon!

Dustin. .It is March, ya know. .

Lisa: Your bad days are behind you. .

GT: Pretty in Pink:

Kath: Wedding revenge. . for both of us!

Nermo: We are melting. .melting. . melting, I Say!

Al: Vitamins will rock your world

Pale. . Keep on moving. .your body with thank you. .

Everyone! Come on . post your thoughts. .. .new topic.. discuss!

Getting there!!! 03-01-2010 02:05 AM

Hi Peeps! :hiya: I found it! I love the name, Im2-really catchy!:)
Maybe the meds are kicking in Im2 and you're in ketosis and having belated "induction flu"! You'll be down those 15lbs by your bithday-no problem! You too, Nermo! (You are shrinking ,girl)
Al, I do eat fat-I put mayo in tuna!!!:) Oh yeah and I eat eggs! I think the cals are too low-or low blood-sugar or low blood-pressure. (I was googling!)As I say I'm gonna make an appointment with my Dr. Oh and Im2, you've convinced me about the multi-vit. I'm gonna but some today! You're right, Al I just feel I should be at goal now-I thought I'd be there now! Oh well!:) Oh yeah and no loss today or yesterday!:annoyed::rolleyes:
Dustin, Lisa, Paleo, Kath, Msgirl----hope you find us quick!!!

aleriaaa 03-01-2010 03:25 AM

Morning!!! Up at 5:30 and ready to go!!

Im2- Do you journal what you eat and how you feel during the day? with the new meds and changes taking place, it might be a good idea to keep track so you have all the details incase you do have to go back to the doctor. I placed the vitamins on the kitchen counter. I will take them with the first meal of the day, which is normally after 11, but since Im up so early again, it may be sooner. I too will track any changes the vitamins make, and evaluate in the next few months if I see anything different. Thanks for keeping up with me!:D

GT- Get better QUICK! It probably is low calories. Easiest way to bring them up quick is a fatty steak! I can totally understand not wanting to add more fat and having the scale move up. I couldnt beleive it either at first, but I was able to eat more and the scale still went down. Now, fat is my phenomemon- its the fat from the meat that I count (not mayo). I wont be a fat pusher anymore. Hope you find what works! and please dont make this face at me - :annoyed: I care about you!! :)

Hubby found our getaway spot! Im even more excited that he did the research and picked it out. For anyone curious, Im going to Antigua (the worlds most romantic resort, so they say)!! You may also know it as St. Johns......

Antigua Wedding & Honeymoon Vacation - Sandals Grande Antigua Resort

PS- Im giving up a kitchen remodel for this. My priorities aren't messed up at all.:laugh:

aleriaaa 03-01-2010 03:29 AM

I know the others will find us quick, but msgirl, how've you been? Where've you been??

Bring the meat!

aleriaaa 03-01-2010 03:39 AM

I'm going to tackle a brand new recipe today, which dates back hundreds of years ago....its called pemmican. Basically, its dehydrated, ground up lean meat, mixed 50/50 with rendered fat and once prepared properly has a shelf life that lasts for months! I hope I like it cause it takes a long time to make, but Im hoping to chuck the tuna and have loads of this stocked up at work. I guess a little goes a long way... Hoping the butcher has the stuff I need. Note: Not that anyone would want to try this, but it wouldnt be a good idea for the newbies...lots of calories.

aleriaaa 03-01-2010 03:44 AM

Heres hoping everyone has an amazing day!! BBL

Getting there!!! 03-01-2010 04:03 AM

OMG Al I just looked at the picks of Antigua-----drooooooooooooooooooooooool!!! Oh it is beautiful! You are so lucky! I so would give up the kitchenn for that too! I might have to have that as my screen-saver! OMG the colour of the water---it's too lovely!!!

Getting there!!! 03-01-2010 04:04 AM

Can't believe you're up at 5:30 and actually alert!!!!!!

Getting there!!! 03-01-2010 04:06 AM

I don't use the little frowny at you, I use him at me!! But gotta say, I think he's the cutest!!:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoy ed: cute!!

Getting there!!! 03-01-2010 04:07 AM

Gotta say, Al--your meat does not sound good!!!

dlyons 03-01-2010 04:36 AM

Good Morning!

It's March 1st!!! I feel ready to tackle the world again! I did absolutely nothing over the weekend! Now, I'm all ready. The fridge is full of meats and I bought 5 cans of tuna with me to work along with 32oz jug of water.

My B-day is in April so I was starting to think about reaching 200 lbs around my birthday! Maybe that is a far stretch, but at least that will give me a goal to strive for.

-Dustin

bdladie 03-01-2010 04:56 AM

I would like to join in with you if you don't mine. I have been following a weightloss center diet that is almost exactly like the 14 day shape up program. Here is a typical days menu for me, do you think it qualifies as stillmans?

Breakfast
1 egg cooked in a spray of pam
Snack:
1 high protein pudding, from weightloss center
Lunch:
Small salad w/ fatfree italian
4oz roasted turkey breast or chicken.
1 carb choice slice of diet bread, acmack cracker, rice cake or melba toast
Snack:
High protein snack bar or pudding
Dinner:
4 oz chicken or turkey or 5 oz of fish
1/2 cooked vegetable or salad
1 carb choice slice of diet bread, acmack cracker, rice cake or melba toast
Snack:
High protein pudding or soup

I can have a small apple everyday but have not been adding that lately. I also do not always have the carb choice. I have insulin resistance and skipping those seems to help me lose.

I also try to get exercise of some kind in on a daily basis. 20 minutes 4 times a week and 45 minutes 3 times a week.

Tania

dlyons 03-01-2010 05:00 AM

Hi Tania,

Personally, I don't care if you are exactly on Stillman's or not. I am always glad to see new faces in here. Looking at your stats, it is very impressive to drop from 311 to 165!! Whoo-Hoo!! I figured more people in here, we all can motivate and cheer each other along!

-Dustin

nermo 03-01-2010 05:39 AM

hello everyone

We sure are the chattiest bunch of people i've ever seen. New thread up for a day and already 20 something posts!!! We sure can talk! Glad we don't eat as much as we chit chat!

This is the month for us LOSERS!!!

bdladie :welcome: aboard - very impressive stats!!! How long did it take you to lose so much? Your menu is not exactly stillman's but whatever works for you and it so seems like it's working!!! You will love it here.

st.paulie :welcome: Your stats are real close to mine so let's get on track and lose, lose, lose ....... We can do it. I think I can.. I think I can... I think I can

36.8 pounds to ONEDERLAND !!!

Come on Peachy where r u?

GT- I hope you are feeling better hun. I like :annoyed::annoyed: too he is too cute :annoyed: lol

MustLoveDogs08 03-01-2010 05:49 AM

Sending a Hi to all you old losers and new losers...:hiya: Only have a minute. Just weighed and am still maintaining at 150...might need to shake things up a bit this week...:annoyed: (Yeah, I like the annoyed guy, too!).

I ordered the dress for my daughter's wedding and it was just a tad snug, so that will spur me on to the 130's by April when the dress comes in...:)
Kathy

st_pauli_girl 03-01-2010 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleriaaa (Post 13195930)
I'm going to tackle a brand new recipe today, which dates back hundreds of years ago....its called pemmican. Basically, its dehydrated, ground up lean meat, mixed 50/50 with rendered fat and once prepared properly has a shelf life that lasts for months! I hope I like it cause it takes a long time to make, but Im hoping to chuck the tuna and have loads of this stocked up at work. I guess a little goes a long way... Hoping the butcher has the stuff I need. Note: Not that anyone would want to try this, but it wouldnt be a good idea for the newbies...lots of calories.

Pemmican is widely used by hunters, backpackers and if the circumstances arise, a perfect food for survival. :cool::cool: Word to the wise, it isn't tasty but sometimes that is just something you have to deal with lol.

st_pauli_girl 03-01-2010 05:55 AM

Also, thank you EVERYONE for your warm welcome. I am glad to see such support and comraderie being given to everyone here. Day #2, going pretty well, IMO cravings are the worst this day, and i know that after tomorrow they will diminish and it'll be good. Lost two pounds, water weight but hey, the scale is going DOWN and not up lol so that's great. Good luck and wishing everyone a great day!

IM2fat 03-01-2010 05:55 AM

:doh: I am such a Dork!!! :doh: Here I started the new thread and was all Marchish. . and it wasn't even March 1st yet!!! :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: (He is pretty cute, isn't he?). .

Anyway. . .I guess we got a jump start on our new month. . it is going to be a "one-derful" month in more ways than one!!

Let's rock. .let's Roll. . lets get our meat on. . .Yipppeeeeeeeeeee

IM2fat 03-01-2010 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st_pauli_girl (Post 13196239)
Also, thank you EVERYONE for your warm welcome. I am glad to see such support and comraderie being given to everyone here. Day #2, going pretty well, IMO cravings are the worst this day, and i know that after tomorrow they will diminish and it'll be good. Lost two pounds, water weight but hey, the scale is going DOWN and not up lol so that's great. Good luck and wishing everyone a great day!

Yes. . . . your cravings will pass and pretty soon you won't even miss carbs and you'll be craving only meat, meat. . WTG. . the first few are rough but You can do it. .

I can't believe I haven't eaten a slice of bread since July 7, 2009 at 3:00 pm. .not that I'm keeping track or anything!! I just thought that was funny if you really think about it. . Same thing with fruit.. OMG . . . Now chocolate. . that's a different story. . hehehehe :rofl:

IM2fat 03-01-2010 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleriaaa (Post 13195911)
Morning!!! Up at 5:30 and ready to go!!

Im2- Do you journal what you eat and how you feel during the day? with the new meds and changes taking place, it might be a good idea to keep track so you have all the details incase you do have to go back to the doctor. I placed the vitamins on the kitchen counter. I will take them with the first meal of the day, which is normally after 11, but since Im up so early again, it may be sooner. I too will track any changes the vitamins make, and evaluate in the next few months if I see anything different. Thanks for keeping up with me!:D

I used to track everything because my old WW ways kept sneaking up on me. perhaps you are correct. . I'll try it and see if I detect anything. I'm still feeling a little funky today . . very stuffed up . my allergy meds just didn't kick in like they usually do. . I'll give it another day or two . I've had to move my vitamin regiment around a bit so maybe my "balance is off". .