Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 05:38 AM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myaluv79 View Post
Hey everyone! Thanks for the warm welcomes! I have a few questions – I’m thinking about doing stillman’s modified, with intermittent fasting thrown in (stop eat stop program). What do you guys think? I haven’t been eating a lot of meat lately, mostly processed food and carbs and fruit. So I think I need to break it up with some fasting before I inundate my body with so much meat.

Also, how much working out is everyone doing? I like to run and do the santa monica stairs, but I know my body will be burning fat already, so I don’t want to overdo it. Funny some of you should mention P90X. I have it sitting in my living room for the last several months and I have not touched it. I’m always down for a good work out, but P90X scares me! LOL
Hi Mya. I dont think you need to fast. after the first few days of meat your appettite and cravings will drastically decrease, and you may end up intermittant fasting anyway. Your body is gonna go through some tough changes in the first few days, dont torture yourself, eat when your hungry. I was pounding down lots of chicken in the beginning. double and triple portions and the weight still came off quick. Now I have no desire for breakfast, unless Im not feeling well, like yesterday.. PS- I dont exercise, but I know I should!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2010, 05:42 AM   #182
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to all the newbies! Sorry not staying on for long. I am not feeling well all day today- I have a really bad tummy ache and some diarhea. I am only eating chicken and eggs si I don't know what is going on. I usually go to the bathroom every 3 days or so , so this is def a change to go 2 0r 3 times a day. ANyway I will be back once I feel better
Hope you are feeling better nermo!!!! Yesterday was a not so good day for me. (too many drinks the night before- stomach ache, dehydration, headache) Sometimes I dont rememeber that I cant drink like Im 189 pounds, and without any carbs, we know how one drink packs a punch. BUT, it was a great time and so worth it! Thanks goodness Im back to normal today!!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:44 AM   #183
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orteggleston View Post
Wowzers! It is only the 2nd and I have missed so much here!

I am still hanging in there...Last week I lost about 4lbs, but according to the scale today they are all back.

These 4-6lbs are going to be the death of me...they just keep bouncing on and off and I cannot shake them!!

I am still doing cardio and strength training 6 days week. I love it...never thought I would say that. :blush:

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Keep it up!

I rememebre bouncing up and down for weeks, but it will come off. Stick to plan and stick with us!! Great job on the exercise Alison!!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:53 AM   #184
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I am sure you know the rest of the story. . I could not stop.. I could not think. . I could not focus. . I was a woman obsessed!!! it would have been one thing had I daintily picked out the pecans and almonds. . but Nooooo, not I!!! I shoved my whole face in the bag and ate the whole darn thing with seconds to spare!!!!
You fought the hunger, but the trail mix won. Its not total defeat though! You're back on plan and hitting the gym. you are doing everything right! Its tough to be prepared all the time, its gonna happen eventually but we pick ourselves up and press on!! I know the mix mustve been delicious, sorry you didnt feel so good fterwards...

I am so nervous about my vacation. all inclusive means flowing food and drinks and I like to get my money's worth. I want to try new foods and Im thinking I'll have to ease my way in over the next few weeks. I dont want to get there and get sick. I'll probably gain back 20 pounds. It wont be too tough finding meat, but how can I not eat try the desserts or even fresh island fruits!!!??! Although, the gym at the resort looks so nice overlooking the water, so maybe that would be a good time to burn some calories off. I dont know...I should be so excited, but Im worried about going off plan and not getting back on. Ive done it so many times before... ramblings over. sorry..
Old 03-03-2010, 05:55 AM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
I just decided that I will weigh myself on April 16. If my weight is 199.9 pounds or less, I will look into contact lenses for myself! If my weight is below 228, then I will get myself a nice new outfit! I wear bifocals, but I have heard good things about those bifocal contact lenses.
I think this is a fabulous idea!!!! We should always reward ourselves with nice things as we reach our mini goals. I think you should get the contacts now and buy 2 outfits for your birhday. I love contacts!!! I wish I could sleep in them and wake up being able to see. I may get some colored ones...
Old 03-03-2010, 05:57 AM   #186
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
You're right about suet lasting longer, but I've only tried muscle fat since our grass-fed beef supplier gives it to me for free. Pemmican made with it tastes ok, but be warned, it does leave a bit of a greasy film on the roof of your mouth that I personally don't like. It also takes a long time to render the fat over low heat before you can use it, so I just started using the extra virgin coconut oil instead. The mixture tastes particularly good while it's still warm - yum!
Thanks for the tips! Im not gonna try out the CO right now. I think thats something you have to work your way up on too, right? I was gonna leave the fat in the crockpot all day, while the the meat is dehydrating...Still havent made it to the butcher, so it looks like my project wont start until next week!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:59 AM   #187
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustLoveDogs08 View Post
Dustin,
It's the bomb...I grew up near Detroit and my favorite thing (even as a kid) was to get a "loose meat" sandwich at the coney island. Then smother it with chili and mustard on a steamed hotdog bun.....OK....now I'm drooling.... But seriously...hold the bun and chilli and it's legal!
Kath
Ummm Yuuuummm!!!!

If anyone has visited Linda Sues recipe site, she has a coney island pie recipe that is amazing! Theres lots of cheese involved though, but soo good with ground beef and sliced hot dogs....
Old 03-03-2010, 06:04 AM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
glasses the rest of my life. My friend that had it done can no longer wear contacts! Errrrrrr. .

I seriously want new hair when (notice I said when) to goal. . If I can't grow it. .I'll buy it!!! I have 80's hair and really need an update but I just can't do the straight look yet!!!!!

I feel so bad for your friend- OMG. Hubby and i were considering the surgery but Im a frady cat!!!!

I popped in a wig shop last week- I was gonna pull a britney spears and shave it all off, until I found the cheapest wig to be $350... I did try on a long thick blonde wig made with real hair, for $1200. I loved it. The lady knew just what to say to me.... ALL THE CELBRITIES ARE WEARING THESE- THEY ALL WEAR WIGS! I ran out quick before my arm could hand over the credit card..
Old 03-03-2010, 06:04 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
Hi al,

No contacts or outfits for me yet! What color contacts are you thinking of? How about this one? This is what I'm feeling right now with this headache.... Knock Out Contacts for that special effect

3rd day and I had an headache last night and right now, I have a slight headache. I am starting on my 2nd cup of tea. Tomorrow I will work up to 3 cups.

Dustin
Old 03-03-2010, 06:05 AM   #190
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi Peeps! Just saying hello! Busy-will check in later! Stupid scale hasn't budged-but I'm surprisingly calm-don't have enough time to dwell on it! Hee! Wearing a short dress-with heavy black tights!-for the first time in years!!! So that's progress!!
You must look soooo HOT!!! WTG!!
Old 03-03-2010, 06:07 AM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Lemon pepper. .I have actually used real lemon juice, diluted and some pepper. .(1 cup has about 8 carbs. . but how much really sticks to the chix?) I've also used the "spice" that is premixed and I've bought some marinade. . you can find some with little carbs. . Nice change. .i wouldn't do it every day..but it is wonderful on the grill with a big ole' juicy breast. . I like to buy a lot fresh chicken, divide into zip locs.. pour on different seasonings or marinade and freeze until I am ready to use. I usually take it out of the freezer the day before I am going to cook it and the thawing process seems to distribute the flavor more.. (or maybe its the freezing process. . not sure. .) but I've marinated meat in my refrigerator too but it always comes out better when I freeze it first. . ??? The teriyaki one it great too. . (soy sauce, ginger, garlic and artificial sweetner of some type. .)
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Great idea to freeze the marinades- who wouldve thunk! Copying this to my desktop!!
Old 03-03-2010, 06:11 AM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Hi al,

No contacts or outfits for me yet! What color contacts are you thinking of? How about this one? This is what I'm feeling right now with this headache....
So funny!!! I was thinking brown or violet. (my eyes are green)
Old 03-03-2010, 06:12 AM   #193
Blabbermouth!!!

off to the post office to work on my passport!!! BBL
Old 03-03-2010, 06:25 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
I am STUCK at 150...can't seem to get that dang scale to budge....grrrrrrrrrrrr! Hence, why I brought tuna to eat today...seems to work for a lot of you, so we'll give it a whirl! All I had last night was that pulled pork...guess I better see what the sodium content is...but my rings are really loose this morning. AND...(drumroll), another of my co-workers commented on my weight loss today. I am relatively tall (5'7"), so 10-15 pounds doesn't really show on me like it would on a shorter person. so I am going to take that as a positive....
Everyone have a great "hump" day!
Kathy
Old 03-03-2010, 06:27 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Ummm Yuuuummm!!!!

If anyone has visited Linda Sues recipe site, she has a coney island pie recipe that is amazing! Theres lots of cheese involved though, but soo good with ground beef and sliced hot dogs....
that's one of my favorite recipes of hers!
Old 03-03-2010, 07:19 AM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Al! go on vacation and do what you want. . That is exactly what a vacation is for. .relax, eat, drink and be merry!!! You can't go wrong.. .Worry about it later - I have been on a diet my entire life and have never just not worried about it.. You need to do it
Old 03-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Hey Al, I agree with IM here... its your vacation.... enjoy and have a wonderful time!!!!

I remember getting my passport 6 years ago..... I hope things are more streamlined by now!

Dustin
Old 03-03-2010, 07:28 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyPatty
Stats: 234.5---->125
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: March 1, 2014
First of all, thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

I got on the scale yesterday (March 2nd) and I was down from 197 to 195 in just ONE day!

But then I blew it! Last night around 6: 30pm (I'm not eating after 7pm) I had the WORST craving for...of all things....tomato soup!

I guess I've never really had food cravings before because let me just tell ya...I would have walked 5 miles to get a bowl of tomato soup....I finally told my husband he had to go to the grocery store just to get me a can of it...he protested (I insisted and of course I won..I always win ) and ended up inhaling a huge bowl of tomato soup with about 8 oyster crackers!

So someone tell me what the consequences of committing this sin will be......

(I'm afraid to weigh myself this a.m.)

Seriously, I didn't even look at the can and the trash went out this morning so I have NO idea what the carb count is in TS or the sugar or whatever.

Oh and just an FYI...the reason I'm even on Stillman's QWL is because I quit smoking 2 years ago in February and in that time I've gained over 70# (and yes I'm still pissed at the "talking heads" who told me I'd only gain about 20#)

And the reason I shared that is so that I can share this: I had smoked for well over 25 years and I NEVER had a withdrawal craving for a cigarette that was as bad as that craving for TS I had last night!

For those of you struggling with cravings and weight loss (like I am now)...let me tell you a secret: everyone talks about how hard quitting smoking is and how if you've quit smoking you can easily lose the weight...well I am now discovering just how HARD losing weight is....when you quit smoking you just refuse to ever put another cigarette in your mouth...you can't do that with food...you HAVE to eat in order to live...therein is the problem...I can clearly see now how HARD it IS to lose weight when you STILL have to eat but you have to WILL yourself not to overeat...all of you who have lost weight have a whole new RESPECT and understanding of the difficulty from my persepective. (Honestly, up until 2 years ago I was that slim and cocky "biznitch" who looked down her nose at overweight people and now I'm getting my comeuppance).

Anyhoo, here I am...feeling like I've been on a 3 day drunk and unburdening myself to you all on here...LOL

Please be gentle with me....:blush:

Brum
Old 03-03-2010, 07:35 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Hey Brumby, I completely understand your feelings.... vent away here. We are here and will listen.

Last month, I finally got the divorce paperwork that I was waiting for 2 years due to legal problems. When the paperwork finally came, it was very emotional moment for me... sadness and happiness. I binged almost everyday for a month. I'm paying for this full time.

Now, today is day #3 and I am still struggling. Don't worry about a can of tomato soup.... that is not unhealthy meal. Hang in there!!! Congrats on quitting smoking! My mother did this 15 years ago and what made it more difficult is that my father refused to quit! Such a strong willpower! You can do this.... get right back on Stillman's and move on! Just think about the positives... healthier and thinner you!

Dustin
Old 03-03-2010, 09:12 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: orteggleston
Stats: 283/242/For now, I'd be happy to leave the 200's!!
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Off and on since March 2008
Hi Brumby

I agree with Dustin. Try hard not to beat yourself up...just start over and think positively on the end result. We all have bad days and give in to cravings, but that's ok! Just try harder the next day.

I quit smoking about 10 years ago, and must admit that there are certain things I miss about the bad habit. BUT I would never submit to them...not after coming this far and realizing all the positive effects of quitting. I can't wait for the day that I can see my overeating/bad food choices in the same light. Honestly I didn't think that losing weight would be as hard as quitting smoking...well it is harder. I love sweets and they haunt me

You can do it!! We all can!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: orteggleston
Stats: 283/242/For now, I'd be happy to leave the 200's!!
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Off and on since March 2008
Is there Green Tea without caffeine? I love tea, but it needs to be herbal or decaf.

Thanks!!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Good Afternoon!

Still have the headache... Excedrin did not help much. It's 1:00pm and I'm ready to go home and have a nice nap. Still can't believe that I've hung in here for almost 3 days! I'm sure that tomorrow will be a much better day!

-Dustin
Old 03-03-2010, 10:16 AM   #203
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
I wear blue contacts! Cos yall wanted to know! I have blue eyes anyway!
Love the pick of the contacts, Dustin!
Old 03-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #204
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I popped in a wig shop last week- I was gonna pull a britney spears and shave it all off, until I found the cheapest wig to be $350...
Why would you want to do that????????????????????????????????????????????
Old 03-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #205
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Al! I'm with everyone else-go on the vacation and enjoy it! Eat what you want! You and huby deserve it and you don't want to be worrying about what you can and can't eat! And you will get back to plan as soon as you come back-I have no doubt whatsoever. I def used to have the"I've blown it now so might as well keep eating attitude", but look how many times I've cheated and I'v always got back on--I can honestly say it's thanks to this forum-you come here and read how everyone else is getting on and it fires you up again. You just come back here after the hols firstly make us jealous and then hop right back on plan!
When are you going, by the way? Or did I miss that?

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 03-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #206
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrumbyBabe View Post

am now discovering just how HARD losing weight is....when you quit smoking you just refuse to ever put another cigarette in your mouth...you can't do that with food...you HAVE to eat in order to live...therein is the problem...I can clearly see now how HARD it IS to lose weight when you STILL have to eat but you have to WILL yourself not to overeat...

Brum
Oh yeah! Unfortunately so true!!!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 10:33 AM   #207
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrumbyBabe View Post
(Honestly, up until 2 years ago I was that slim and cocky "biznitch" who looked down her nose at overweight people and now I'm getting my comeuppance).

Brum
You were one of those!!!!!! What do they say-pride comes before a fall!
Yeah, unfortunately I was never a "skinny b***"!!
Old 03-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #208
Big Yapper!!!!

Brum, can't believe you actually had a craving for tomato soup!!!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
Thanks for the tips! Im not gonna try out the CO right now. I think thats something you have to work your way up on too, right? I was gonna leave the fat in the crockpot all day, while the the meat is dehydrating...Still havent made it to the butcher, so it looks like my project wont start until next week!
Coolness and good luck with the experiment. By the way, great idea to use a crockpot for the rendering. I can't believe I never thought of that myself!
Old 03-03-2010, 10:41 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Just wanted to check in on all of you and share the epiphany I had yesterday. This may seem obvious the everyone except me, but I basically realized I can use P90X in any way I want to achieve my goals, rather than just sticking to the prescibed rotation.

The reality is, rather than building lots more muscle like I am at present (and gaining weight!), I'd rather just condition the substantial lean mass I already have and lose the blubber. I'm preparing for a cruise in early May, my 40th birthday in June and a backpacking trip in August, so I really need to get moving in the right direction pronto.

I started yesterday morning with a really intense HIIT cardio session and will be alternating that with days of strength training using the DVDs, as well as some other equipment I have at home. It won't be strictly P90X so I won't be counting off the 90 days anymore, but I feel intuitively that this combo is a better approach for me.

Let's keep doing this everyone - even if we have to invent our own ways of doing stuff!
Closed Thread