Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
I think I need to pick up a couple cans of chicken... I just zoomed straight to tuna!

Dustin
Dustin,
Costco has big cans of chunk white turkey meat...it's pretty good. Also, they have some already cooked smoked pulled pork that is to DIE for!!!!!! 0 carbs...Woop!!!!
Kath

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
BDladie: Kath and I are Michiganders too. . wasn't it nice to see the sun out today? it was crisp out this morning but so bright!
I felt like a mole today...squinting....
Kath
Old 03-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Al,

Do you brown all of that beef, just like you are going to add hamburger helper or make sloppy joes? Then eat it like it is a bowl of cottage cheese? That sounds interesting!! I may have to try that!

-Dustin
Dustin,
It's the bomb...I grew up near Detroit and my favorite thing (even as a kid) was to get a "loose meat" sandwich at the coney island. Then smother it with chili and mustard on a steamed hotdog bun.....OK....now I'm drooling.... But seriously...hold the bun and chilli and it's legal!
Kath
Old 03-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
We need paleo for this. Lisa got real sick with the green tea, possibly drinking too much. causes bood sugar to drop??? I think she said to work you way up.

Lisa, where are you??HOpe you're ok.
I drink about a pot a night and have never had any ill effects...?????
Old 03-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Welcome to all the new folks... Great to have you all along for the ride...

Nermo, Sorry you're not feeling well... I'm having the opposite problem...uh...nuff said! I actually made a one-minute muffin (double the flax!) this morning and had it with my coffee. I didn't eat again until just now when I got home. My hubby thinks it is real funny, cause he can now say with conviction that I am full of #%&T.
Kath
Old 03-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by orteggleston View Post
Wowzers! It is only the 2nd and I have missed so much here!

I am still hanging in there...Last week I lost about 4lbs, but according to the scale today they are all back.

These 4-6lbs are going to be the death of me...they just keep bouncing on and off and I cannot shake them!!

I am still doing cardio and strength training 6 days week. I love it...never thought I would say that. :blush:

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Keep it up!
Alison: I so understand. . I bounce up and down. .down and up. . .I'm upping my game this week. . Stick with it. .
Old 03-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustLoveDogs08 View Post
Welcome to all the new folks... Great to have you all along for the ride...

Nermo, Sorry you're not feeling well... I'm having the opposite problem...uh...nuff said! I actually made a one-minute muffin (double the flax!) this morning and had it with my coffee. I didn't eat again until just now when I got home. My hubby thinks it is real funny, cause he can now say with conviction that I am full of #%&T.
Kath
OMG. .that's so funny! Better than being full of air~!!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 03-02-2010 at 02:29 PM..
Old 03-02-2010, 02:20 PM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
When you mention pork sausage, are you talking about those breakfast sausage patties, like Bob Evans or Jimmy Dean?

-Dustin
No patties.. I use the loose stuff from the butchers but I've also used the stuff you find in the "rolls". . just make sure it doesn't have maple syrup or such in it. .there are a lot of no-carb. . I've actually used the Kroger brand and it isn't bad.. I scramble fry my beef first. .put in strainer. .scramble fry the pork and strain and rinse and then combine them together..If you cook them together. .the pork tends to have more fat and I don't like it. . . and add my onion flakes or whatever.. You can also add green pepper just pick the peppers out before eating it and you'll have a no carb meal in no time. . It really is an nice treat!!!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 03-02-2010 at 02:29 PM..
Old 03-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Dustin,
It's the bomb...I grew up near Detroit and my favorite thing (even as a kid) was to get a "loose meat" sandwich at the coney island. Then smother it with chili and mustard on a steamed hotdog bun.....OK....now I'm drooling.... But seriously...hold the bun and chilli and it's legal!
Kath
do you mean with cottage cheese, too? MMmmm. I might have to try it. . dang it . I was swearing off beef!!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. I am such a gainer (notice I didn't say loser!!) . .so here's my day. . .I ran out on my lunch hour and thought I could be back for my 1:30 meeting with no problem. Of course, the cashier had other ideas. . anyway. .I was walking into the office at 1:25 and I was starving as I hadn't had anything since my tuna-filled breakfast! . .my plan was for more tuna but I was heading into a meeting where I would be working all afternoon! Our of sheer desperation, I reached in the back of my van and the closest thing to meat I could find was a bag of trailmix. . I am sure you know the rest of the story. . I could not stop.. I could not think. . I could not focus. . I was a woman obsessed!!! it would have been one thing had I daintily picked out the pecans and almonds. . but Nooooo, not I!!! I shoved my whole face in the bag and ate the whole darn thing with seconds to spare!!! OK. .I pushed that aside but do you want to know something very interesting. . I am a bloated pig at this moment (getting ready to go home at 5:30!!). .I can't believe what a few little, teeny, tiny carbs will do to a person. . OMG. .I feel like a pig. . OK. .That being said.. I feel better.. I can go home now. . .I will never admit it to my hubby because he was whining for peanuts the other day and I said no! It'll have to be our little secret. .. I plan to work out tonight.. we shall see.. I need to get rid of this bloat first.. wouldn't want to scare anyone off the cross trainers!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nermo:
Old 03-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OK. I am such a gainer (notice I didn't say loser!!) . .so here's my day. . .I ran out on my lunch hour and thought I could be back for my 1:30 meeting with no problem. Of course, the cashier had other ideas. . anyway. .I was walking into the office at 1:25 and I was starving as I hadn't had anything since my tuna-filled breakfast! . .my plan was for more tuna but I was heading into a meeting where I would be working all afternoon! Our of sheer desperation, I reached in the back of my van and the closest thing to meat I could find was a bag of trailmix. . I am sure you know the rest of the story. . I could not stop.. I could not think. . I could not focus. . I was a woman obsessed!!! it would have been one thing had I daintily picked out the pecans and almonds. . but Nooooo, not I!!! I shoved my whole face in the bag and ate the whole darn thing with seconds to spare!!! OK. .I pushed that aside but do you want to know something very interesting. . I am a bloated pig at this moment (getting ready to go home at 5:30!!). .I can't believe what a few little, teeny, tiny carbs will do to a person. . OMG. .I feel like a pig. . OK. .That being said.. I feel better.. I can go home now. . .I will never admit it to my hubby because he was whining for peanuts the other day and I said no! It'll have to be our little secret. .. I plan to work out tonight.. we shall see.. I need to get rid of this bloat first.. wouldn't want to scare anyone off the cross trainers!
Hey! Don't beat yourself up...you may retain a little water, but you won't gain "real" weight from a bag of trail mix!
K
Old 03-02-2010, 05:05 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Hey IM,

Don't be hard.... I've done that for almost 4 weeks. I just went nuts... very emotional bad shape. Today is Day #2 that I'm am strictly on Stillman and I just realized that I am feeling a little more energy today.

I have been doing a lot of thinking over the weekend while I was preparing myself to get back on Stillman.... my B-day is April 16. Now you guys know the exact date.

I just decided that I will weigh myself on April 16. If my weight is 199.9 pounds or less, I will look into contact lenses for myself! If my weight is below 228, then I will get myself a nice new outfit! I wear bifocals, but I have heard good things about those bifocal contact lenses.

How's that? Some motivation to really change my look.... contact lenses instead of glasses.... boy, I am trying to imagine myself not wearing glasses.

Day #3 is coming soon!

Dustin

Last edited by dlyons; 03-02-2010 at 05:26 PM..
Old 03-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey! Don't beat yourself up...you may retain a little water, but you won't gain "real" weight from a bag of trail mix!
K

OK. .what about 2. . I'm just saying. . .
Old 03-02-2010, 06:51 PM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey IM,

Don't be hard.... I've done that for almost 4 weeks. I just went nuts... very emotional bad shape. Today is Day #2 that I'm am strictly on Stillman and I just realized that I am feeling a little more energy today.

I have been doing a lot of thinking over the weekend while I was preparing myself to get back on Stillman.... my B-day is April 16. Now you guys know the exact date.

I just decided that I will weigh myself on April 16. If my weight is 199.9 pounds or less, I will look into contact lenses for myself! If my weight is below 228, then I will get myself a nice new outfit! I wear bifocals, but I have heard good things about those bifocal contact lenses.

How's that? Some motivation to really change my look.... contact lenses instead of glasses.... boy, I am trying to imagine myself not wearing glasses.

Day #3 is coming soon!

Dustin
Thanks, Dustin and Kath! I don't feel quite so bad but I still realize that I have to get serious. . very serious! I'm running out of time to become my new Self! What great goals, Dustin. .Once you go to contacts, you'll never go back. I refuse to wear my glasses in public. IN fact, when I buy them, I pick out the cheapest pair they have. The receptionist is always trying to get me to buy better ones. .but I say. . What for? I only sleep in them. Literally. . I take my contacts out before bed and put my glasses on. I always fall asleep reading so I found it to be easier to just buy cheap ones! I think when I get to goal, I"m going to opt for lasik surgery. My only reservation is that if they can't correct my vision problems and I'll end up with glasses the rest of my life. My friend that had it done can no longer wear contacts! Errrrrrr. .

I seriously want new hair when (notice I said when) to goal. . If I can't grow it. .I'll buy it!!! I have 80's hair and really need an update but I just can't do the straight look yet!!!!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 03-02-2010 at 06:54 PM..
Old 03-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goal for tomorrow. . Water. . Meat . . Meat. Water. .and more water perhaps a little more meat. . ! Who's in?
Old 03-03-2010, 12:14 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
When you used fat, did you use muscle fat or suet? Im reading that the muscle fat tastes better but the suet holds up better. Im planning to use the coffee grinder too! then I was thinking of setting them up in a muffin pan. I like the idea for the ice cube tray, since the portions are smaller. thanks for your help!
You're right about suet lasting longer, but I've only tried muscle fat since our grass-fed beef supplier gives it to me for free. Pemmican made with it tastes ok, but be warned, it does leave a bit of a greasy film on the roof of your mouth that I personally don't like. It also takes a long time to render the fat over low heat before you can use it, so I just started using the extra virgin coconut oil instead. The mixture tastes particularly good while it's still warm - yum!
Old 03-03-2010, 12:20 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Dustin, just a quick note about the green tea. As the others have said, it would definitely make sense to work your way up to 5 or more cups per day over time. Adding too much too quickly while eating a low fat, high protein diet can affect some people adversely, as Lisa Renee discovered. Once you're drinking it regularly however, it definitely boosts the metabolism and mobilizes stored abdominal fat. Hope it works as well for you as it has for me!
Old 03-03-2010, 04:34 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Hey IM, that's good attitude to have! That was my plan... buy cheap glasses just to wear around the house and to bed.

Hey paleo, thanks for your advice of green tea. I just made my first cup and waiting for it to cool down and seep. I will definitely work my way up to 5 cups a day.

Today is day #3 and it's gonna be a BIG challenge.... the lady at HR and I walk past that area all the time.... she bought in a basket full of candy and one of the candies in there is those miniature PB eggs.... I can't even type it fully out! ACCCKKKK! I'm sitting here typing this message along with a cup of green tea, a small bowl of tuna with mustard and a 32 oz jug of water. I just need to stay calm and think how I will be feeling by April 16th!!!

-Dustin
Old 03-03-2010, 05:13 AM   #170
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
Quote:
I wonder how tuna and beef will taste if mixed together.... nah!
I hve tried many concoctions, but this, my friend, is nothing thtt will ever enter my mouth- yuk! Now, chicken and tuna, on the other hand....
Old 03-03-2010, 05:15 AM   #171
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I just browned my beef in a pan-don't need oil cos it has enough-pretty disgusting if you don't wash the pan straight away!!!! The one I got was 20%fat! And yup I just ate it right out of a bowl--it's soo good, real comfort food, no comparison between it and chick. or tuna!! I have to stay away!!
not only does the pan get nasty, but make sure you throw the fat in the garbage! I have clogged many a drain if I forget to have running hot hot water going!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:19 AM   #172
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
OMG> . I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth!!!!

I do my ground beef too and I sneak a little minced onion and a little ground pork sausage every once in a while. . I drain and rinse it and it has virtually no fat. If you get the fresh ground pork sausage from the butchers. . it is very, very good and ads just enough kick to the burger that you'll want to eat the whole thing (I've also used some of the others too)!!! I can't stand the grease so I have to rinse mine! Great with mustard. or hot sauce. . . MMmmm. .now I'm hungry thinking of it. .i swore it off for a few days. .so I'll delight in my chicken. . I'm grilling up 10 pounds tonight. .Lemon/Pepper
this sounds so good. is the sausage different than ground pork?

I got lazy yesterdy and boiled 24 chicken legs. (I was thinking it may make a good broth and I could peel off the chicken and get rid of all the fat) All the yucky marrow came out and ruined everything- I have to throw it all out. Meat has a funky taste....so mad, I am......Could you tell us again how you do the lemon/pepper- going to the store for more breasts..
Old 03-03-2010, 05:21 AM   #173
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
So it seems that I have 2 new things to try out... canned chicken and browning lean beef. Do you brown those lean beef or get the regular "fatty" beef and just drain out the fat?

I am not going to weigh myself until the end of this month... I'm not going to touch the scales or obsess over it!!

-Dustin
Hey Dustin- Just get the lean ground beef. You'll find the 80/20 has a lot of fat. Or even get yourself some lean steaks- you can even throw a roast in the crockpot.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:30 AM   #174
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi Peeps! Just saying hello! Busy-will check in later! Stupid scale hasn't budged-but I'm surprisingly calm-don't have enough time to dwell on it! Hee! Wearing a short dress-with heavy black tights!-for the first time in years!!! So that's progress!!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:31 AM   #175
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah I need the lemon pepper recipe too-I buy mine prepacked--sooo good but would be better if I made it myself!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:33 AM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
this sounds so good. is the sausage different than ground pork?

I got lazy yesterdy and boiled 24 chicken legs. (I was thinking it may make a good broth and I could peel off the chicken and get rid of all the fat) All the yucky marrow came out and ruined everything- I have to throw it all out. Meat has a funky taste....so mad, I am......Could you tell us again how you do the lemon/pepper- going to the store for more breasts..
Yep. .the sausage has a little bit more zip. .Ground pork is boring.. .Most every butcher shop or meat market makes their own. . and like I said. .you can find it by the pork sausage in the grocery stores. . usually by the bacon and sausage patties and stuff. .

Lemon pepper. .I have actually used real lemon juice, diluted and some pepper. .(1 cup has about 8 carbs. . but how much really sticks to the chix?) I've also used the "spice" that is premixed and I've bought some marinade. . you can find some with little carbs. . Nice change. .i wouldn't do it every day..but it is wonderful on the grill with a big ole' juicy breast. . I like to buy a lot fresh chicken, divide into zip locs.. pour on different seasonings or marinade and freeze until I am ready to use. I usually take it out of the freezer the day before I am going to cook it and the thawing process seems to distribute the flavor more.. (or maybe its the freezing process. . not sure. .) but I've marinated meat in my refrigerator too but it always comes out better when I freeze it first. . ??? The teriyaki one it great too. . (soy sauce, ginger, garlic and artificial sweetner of some type. .)

Last edited by IM2fat; 03-03-2010 at 05:39 AM..
Old 03-03-2010, 05:36 AM   #177
Big Yapper!!!!

Dustin-what a brilliant goal! You'll def get your contacts! You'll be way under 200 by then!
Im2, I could have written your post!!!! I never take off my contacts-literally when I brush my teeth before bed! My glasses are children's glasses-tiny little round kind of gold coloured ones-Had them since I was 17 or 18. (I have a really small face-I can wear chidren's hats!) I so want Laser too but the optician said I'd have to stop wearing the contacts for 3 months beforehand!!! I didn't know that about if it doesn't work out you can never wear contacts again!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 03-03-2010, 05:37 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for your advice! I will go to the store later this week. I was planning to go last night, but I have my carb withdrawal headaches so I just stayed home.

Dustin
Old 03-03-2010, 05:38 AM   #179
Big Yapper!!!!

Love sausages people!! Irish pork sausages rule!! So tasty, so salty, so bad---soo good!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:38 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Hey GT, I also didn't know about not being able to wear contacts after having laser surgery. That is enough to make me think. I know several guys who had the surgery and they loved the results. But I only have one pair of eyes!

Dustin
Closed Thread