Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 10:03 AM   #1741
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
There she is folks....last July in all her glory...my what skinny ankles she has...

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 10:13 AM   #1742
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OK. .So I'm shooting for 145 in April.. Not a lot to ask, mind you. just a few measly pounds between my scale and me. .I want to refrain from weighing in every day but it's like a huge magnetic. .sitting there staring at me. .daring me . just taunting me. . So, even before I have my coffee. .I find myself floating through the house and gravitating toward "doing the duty." My day just doesn't seem complete without doing "it". . .Shortly, thereafter, my mood is set for the day. .(((sigh)))). . .that's kinda how I feel today. . .moody!!! ha! perhaps I have a compulsive disorder or something. .

Question: Now that everyone has changed their bad eating habits, have you picked up any other "habits". .good or bad?

That's a very doable goal for April! I know what you mean about the scale, I'm a daily weigher too! I weigh at night also, that way I can just about figure out what I'll be in the morning. Keeps me on track though and I don't feel like a slave to the scale at all! If I didn't weigh all week, I'd definitely have slip ups, it'd be like sticking my head in the sand. That's why when I'm not low carbing, I avoid that scale for months at a time then wonder why I've gained 30lbs when I finally get on it :blush:
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 03-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #1743
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay yesterday was a success on Stillman's but no loss this morning... grrrr TOM. Hoping for something tomorrow. Yesterday's menu:
B: 2 eggs, 1 beef hot dog, coffee
L: 6oz chicken
D: 4oz flounder, 4oz chicken
S: 1 SF jello cup and had my gallon of water

Today is my only day off, need to take photos and list a few things on ebay. If I can squeeze in enough time, I'm going to do some aerobics. It's raining cats and dogs out there today so I won't be getting out for a walk or bike ride.

Al, awwww <3 your pic I looked at my before pics last night and wanted to It's not quite as bad as my before pic from years ago but it's bad! I'm only sharing them after I get a bunch more weight off and gain some confidence... So I can confidently say, I'm NOT that person anymore!! I'm still too close to that person.

swebb, I know it's easier said than done, but you've done great so far, a few days of no loss is no biggie, your body needs to catch up with it! I lost 16 pounds the first 2 weeks on Atkins, then nothing for almost two weeks. Went on Stillman's and lost 7lbs in 6 days. Now TOM is here, keeping me bloated for a week now and I just want to pull my hair because there's been no change on the scale for almost a week now! Grrrrr!!! I'm like you in that I like instant results! I can deal with the loss being a bit slower, the closer I get to goal, but right now, I'm way too fat to be comfortable with this coming off at a slow rate! Hang in there, you're doing a great job!!
Old 03-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #1744
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Quote:
Here's some more advantages of losing weight: You can get lost in a crowd easier. . People don't notice you as much .. more people tend to smile at you (sad, but true), there's more room in your refrigerator, you don't own stock in Frito Lay any longer, naked isn't such a scary word, the scale no longer has a thick layer of dust on it, leather and lace become part of your wardrobe. . your nylons don't roll when you sit down, your undies come from Victoria Secret, not the hardware store. You can polish your toe nails without a nap break, you can sleep on your stomach without suffocating, you like water. .you really, really do, you wake up with a smile instead of a scowl. .you can run in the park with your kids, swing on the swings and slide down the slide without the fear of your hips flopping over the sides, your seat belt fits . like it should.. your hair looks longer because you no longer have 4 chins.. you do not have a permanent scowl line between your brows. . you can see your knees. . your toes can see you. . you can shave your arm pits without moving a boob. . your glasses actually sit on your noise, instead of your cheeks. . your butt leaves the room the same time you do. .your knees don't hurt, you like being outside, you get dressed every morning. . your slip no longer winds up around your waist, it actually falls off.. . your shoe size is a M instead of a W. you love going to the fair, the movies don't scare you and you think about dancing. . .your rings spin and your smile shines. . you CAN actually swap clothes with someone else. . your hubby's shirts are way, way too big. .you'll never have to hear. . but you have such a pretty face. . unless you want to really listen. .big boned is for sissies.. Ample, Voluptuous, plus size and wide will be replaced with perky, slender, sexy and slim, mirrors will become your friend.. but one of the very best. . is the hugs you'll receive because your family can actually fit their arms around you!! Ahhh. success. .
I almost cried reading this! Success does feel good. IM you just reminded me why I am doing this! You are great!
Old 03-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #1745
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Al, awwww <3 your pic I looked at my before pics last night and wanted to It's not quite as bad as my before pic from years ago but it's bad! I'm only sharing them after I get a bunch more weight off and gain some confidence... So I can confidently say, I'm NOT that person anymore!! I'm still too close to that person.
Your day will come Gwn! Youve had great results in the last few weeks! Your avi already looks hot!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #1746
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
I almost cried reading this! Success does feel good. IM you just reminded me why I am doing this! You are great!
Hi Nermo! I agree. IM2 is definitely GREAT!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:10 PM   #1747
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Emotional Eating

I am an emotional eater. There I said it!

Today would have been a disaster for the Stillman's diet IF my wonderful husband had not cleared the pantry and refrigerator of all the "bad" stuff while I was gone a couple of weeks ago.

I stood there with the pantry door open - nothing

Then I went to the refrigerator and VOILA! My ground beef was waiting

Now to go drink more water...........

Sharon
Old 03-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #1748
Blabbermouth!!!

Awesome Sharon!!! What a great hubby to clear it all out. Phew! Thank Goodness!! Hope whatever made you emotional passes very soon!!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #1749
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Aww.. Thanks Nermo. and Al. . . I have to remind myself almost every day - but you guys make it much more enjoyable. . . Giving up is the easy way out and I'm tired of easy. We will do this. . sooner if not later.. We WILL. . We can't let Al be smokin hot without us, can we?

Last edited by IM2fat; 03-30-2010 at 12:43 PM..
Old 03-30-2010, 12:42 PM   #1750
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
There she is folks....last July in all her glory...my what skinny ankles she has...
Al! you must post an after picture.. please O please. ..I bet you are one of those cutsey losers! How awesome for you and how brave! This just proves that you are doing this for life.. You can't ever go back. never, ever, ever. . I am positive you won't! Thank you for inspiring us all.. every day.. You have such an upbeat personality and such a pretty face.. now you have the body to match!!! Incredible Job.. We U, girl!!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:44 PM   #1751
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al. . do you have fond memories of that outfit? Just checking because I remember one picture of myself where I thought I looked great in something when in all reality. . I looked like I was a pregnant bloated. mean 'old lady. . my excuse was the sun was in my eyes. ..

Wahhhhhhhhhhhh

OMG. .I am so going to get into trouble if I don't get back to work. Talk to you later, babes!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:49 PM   #1752
Blabbermouth!!!

OK..You saw it.... Now its in the TRASH!!!!! I dont have any body shots of now, but they will come once I hit the beach promise!!! Thanks for being so sweet!!! Now you know I was telling the truth...no waist. all legs.... I think my chins were sitting on my thighs in that last pic.. I really didnt think I looked good in those tan shorts, thts for sure... and what a sight of me trying to get on that amusement park ride...hahahahaha
Old 03-30-2010, 12:56 PM   #1753
Blabbermouth!!!

GT...there will be a special viewing for you later... I couldnt stand looking at it one second longer!!
Old 03-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #1754
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
shaking my boney veiny hand at you!
Good I'm not alone so!!
Old 03-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #1755
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I have boney, veiny hands, too. . .Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr. ..
Goody too!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #1756
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
IM2- Stick around. Im gonna post my before pic for you but its only staying up for a minute.. get ready for big momma....
I missed it!!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 02:34 PM   #1757
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdladie View Post

GT I have the same hands as you boney and veiny. I think very yucky but I guess better than my short pudgy fingers.
hmmm I'd like a little pugde!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #1758
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
GT...there will be a special viewing for you later... I couldnt stand looking at it one second longer!!
Goody!!
Old 03-30-2010, 02:43 PM   #1759
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeepot
Start Date: Sept.2014
There are so many great weight loss stories here--I would love to know how most of you eat. I'm having a bad day. My calories were super low yesterday and of course, my carbs were zero, but I just didn't feel good nor did I lose additional weight. I know it's wrong to look for losses daily, but still it just comes with the terroritory, doesn't it? Or does it.

Anyway, I'm craving fat today and I think I'll just go back to eating my ground beef tomorrow. I've got fish for tonight, but I dread eating it. I did have fatty fish yesterday, but still very low calories. I just don't know--it seems whatever I do doesn't work anymore--I just don't lose.

So, would some of y'all share what you eat? Even though this is a Stillman's board, do many of you follow his advice on very lean meats? When I did Stillman's years ago, I lost. When I did Stillman's plus coconut oil, I still lost. When I changed my diet to ground beef mainly, I still lost. But now, none of those solutions seem to work and my clothes don't fit. My waist has gone from 25 to 34 in just a few months.

I did see my doc today. Blood work ordered and then she'll decide where to go. She did agree that my stomach seemed unnaturally big. Her biggest suggestion was to exercise, and while I think it might make me feel better, I don't believe exercise leads to weight loss.

Think I'll drink some wine tonight.....
HELP!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 03:25 PM   #1760
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Red! When I first started, it was mostly chicken breast, tuna and pork. No fat at all, and only dry seasoning and mustard. Now I eat any meat I fancy at the moment with the fat. My quickest losses came without the fat, but adding it also resulted in a loss. It hasnt been that long since you started, right? Im sure there is a whoosh coming soon!

If you can stay away from any cravings the wine may give you, have a glass and enjoy. Just stick with the meat though!!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:49 PM   #1761
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hi y'all

I have been sick lately! I have laryngitis (not sure i spelled that right). I can't have any Halls or anything fearing the sugar- why oh why do they put sugar in medicine! Anyway- drinking lots of hot tea and lemon with 0 sugar! that should be good for now!

Teapot- my menu consists basically of chicken breast and eggs and water! and the question I get all the time "don't you get bored?" and the answer is NO, because I have lost so much this way and my motto is "if it ain't broke don't fix it" I up my fat for a meal when the weight loss gets too slow (per Al's great advice) then back to my chicken and eggs!

Anyway, Kath hope to hear from you soon! I pray your dad is okay!

Here's hoping that April is nicer to us- Bad March ! Bad March!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:55 PM   #1762
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Red! I ate chicken, tuna eggs and salad-now I eat chick. turkey and tuna-and always a teaspoon of mayo with tuna--tried the mustard thing but just can't do it!! I did eat ground beef a couple of weeks ago but I gained so won't be doing that for a while!! I don't think anyone has loses everyday-well maybe Nermo!-but yeah we're all guilty of stepping on the scale daily! You're close enough to goal and you don't have that much to lose so it might be slower than if you had lots to lose....but stick with it, you know it works! .....And stay away from the wine....the good Dr. would not be impressed!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 03-30-2010, 04:58 PM   #1763
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Nermo! Just mentioned you...and up your care bear pops!!! Sorry you've been sick, hope you're feeling better. I know, I hate that they put sugar in medicine....have you seen the amount in cough mixture...eek!...and I wouldn't mind but they still taste awful!!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:59 PM   #1764
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

and the question I get all the time "don't you get bored?" and the answer is NO, because I have lost so much this way and my motto is "if it ain't broke don't fix it"
True!!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 06:17 PM   #1765
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Menu today was some eggs and a hot dog for breakfast, with my coffee, grilled chicken for lunch, and more grilled chicken, salmon and a few shrimps for dinner. Didn't finish dinner as I got full halfway through. I'm going to put on an aerobics video now and see how far I get through lolol. That sounds ridiculous even saying that.... I'm just really out of shape and not feeling very energetic, the rain today certainly didn't help. haha.

Oh this workout by Davina video is what I have... I think it's a great beginner/intermediate level workout and I downloaded it somewhere. Okay, off to my hot date with Davina, ttyl!
Old 03-30-2010, 06:22 PM   #1766
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Also, I switched my avatar to one of my almost skinny pictures from when I actually had collar bones. I haven't changed my stats on here in almost a week, frustrated (no thanks to TOM), so just putting that up there for some motivation. If I got that low once before, I can do it again.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #1767
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay that workout sucked. Boy am I out of shape. I am taking my bike out this coming weekend and it'll probably be out all spring and summer. This also means I can sleep in and leave home later since it takes me 25-30 mins to walk to work or 5 mins to bike

nermo hoping you get better real soon. I think you're doing well with the hot tea.

red teapot, I do half my week on Stillman's, the other half on Atkins. While on Stillman's, I eat mostly chicken, some fish, shrimp and crab legs. I usually eat 2 eggs a day and either one beef or turkey hot dog. Atkins days are high fat and still very low carb, I try to not eat any veggies, unless I'm really craving something green. I would definitely stay away from wine though. Are you eating several small meals a day? I can't say that I do but some folks around here think it helps. I'm a big believer in exercise to speed up weight loss. HTH.

Alright all you wonderful people... It's time for a movie and then bed. See you all tomorrow!
Old 03-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #1768
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
it helps. I'm a big believer in exercise to speed up weight loss. HTH.

Alright all you wonderful people... It's time for a movie and then bed. See you all tomorrow!
Great job on the workout. . Nighty .Nite. . I'm off to deam land to. .I will not being doing anything unmentionable either. .
Old 03-31-2010, 04:34 AM   #1769
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Gwn! Congrats on the exercise! I really believe it helps enormously with weight-loss too! Is that video from Davina McCall-a british celeb-her vids are meant to be really good!!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:34 AM   #1770
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Great job on the workout. . Nighty .Nite. . I'm off to deam land to. .I will not being doing anything unmentionable either. .
Go burn those cals!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread