Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 08:11 AM   #1681
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Well your stats are TRUELY inspiring (at least to me) Your start is near where I started and where you are now is close to where I want to be!

Thanks for the uplift this morning

Sharon
Thanks!:blush::blush:

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2010, 08:16 AM   #1682
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
yesterday's menu.... pound of ground beef, 8-9 oz ribeye and a chicken thigh
Seriuosly, I can't believe you eat so many cals and still lose!! .....But I have actually taken your advice and have upped my cals and fat--well I'm eating lots of tinned salmon---OMG so much better than tuna--double the cals---but soo worth it!! See, I'm a good student.....or maybe just a copy-cat!!

Actually just thinking--I read somewhere that if you kept your carbs low that you could eat as much as you wanted of fat and protein and never put on weight---cos your body has switched over to fat-burning mode!!.....now if I could only find nil-carb you-know-what....!!!!!!!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 03-29-2010, 08:18 AM   #1683
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
thnx guys for all the birthday wishes! You guys are great! No cake for me just a lot of laughter and friends! Oh yeah... and compliments on how much weight I lost!
Way better than cake!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #1684
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanP View Post
Good Morning all you lovely people

Had a very hectic weekend, now the proud father of ten puppies. Glad to see everyone so upbeat ovet the weekend, this is really a very happy bunch of people!

Awww that's a great sized litter! Congrats!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #1685
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Day 19. I dropped the.5 pound I gained yesterday PLUS another .5 pounds. This brings my total weight loss to 16.5 pounds in 19 days. This is without ANY exercise (still babying my back for a few more days).

All in all I am happy - just wish I had more energy.

Sharon
Congrats Sharon!! Maybe let yourself have 2-3 days of high fat days to replenish your energy!? It really worked for me. After a few days on strict Stillman's QWL, I get big bags under my eyes and just feel really wiped out. Someone on the main board mentioned protein poisoning as something that could happen in the long run so I've decided to do a combination of Atkins/Stillmans. My Atkins days are still under 10g carbs, I just let myself have bacon and red meat and chicken wings with skin, etc. Are you taking any vitamins? Without vitamins, red meat or certain veggies, your iron could be really low right now, which would explain the fatigue. ?
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 03-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #1686
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sigh.....I gave into a guilty pleasure for breakfast this morning.....BACON! I know it is not on the strict Stillman's list so I am hoping not to see an increase on the scale. It was organic (no nitrates) and 0 Carbs. I was thinking that I might need a little more fat in my diet......
oops, read this after my last post Looks like you already know what you need!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:08 AM   #1687
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Everyone! Okay, spent the last 4 days on Atkins and lost no weight. Carbs were at 7g or less per day (I don't do net carbs). TOM finally showed up today so I blame him for the lack of weight loss. I'll do Stillman's QWL for 3-4 days a week then the other 3-4 days on Atkins and I'll keep it like that for as long as I'm losing! Yea, this is my new plan. I am hoping to be in ONEderland by the end of the week! I'll be eating lots of grilled chicken today and I took a flounder filet out of the freezer this morning so maybe that for dinner. I wish I could do Stillman's straight through, but I just feel too fatigued after too many consecutive days plus I want to start working out in the next week or two so I need the energy!

Al, I am in awe of your stats!!! Seriously, what does it FEEL like to be that thin??? Has your brain caught up with your body? Like, in your head, do you feel like a thin person?? Also, was that your goal weight from day one or as you lost the weight, did your goal get lower??
Old 03-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #1688
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Im2---just seen you Kitty!! Not sure I like her--she looks a bit biitchy!!!
GT: You always know my mood! and yes. . I am just a bit. . .:
Old 03-29-2010, 09:35 AM   #1689
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
HAPPY BELATED BDAY NERMO!!!!! and Congrats!!!

Nermo! I'm so happy. I finally got to use the HB Smiley!!! WTG. on the loss as well. .
Old 03-29-2010, 09:39 AM   #1690
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
thank you!!!! Im sure it'll go back up a pound or two but Im not getting on the scale again any time soon. I have no more weight to lose, (unbelievable)and I will stick around til each and every one of you get there too.
Congrats Al. .As always. I can't send enough smiles your way. You are quite the inspiration and thank you for sticking with us!! I just finished Val's second book so I am pumped! If she can wear a bikini at 50 something. .I can wear my cami at 40 something. .
Old 03-29-2010, 09:44 AM   #1691
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm going to take it day by day right now. I'm having a tuna day and will try like hell to eat only tuna today..(My evil kitty coming out) I think I need to cut back on my ground beef and as soon as the huge pile is gone from my refrigerator, I Will. . (see I am a procrastinator. . )

Al. .we want a full report on how you are coping with your new lifestyle. . what has changed for you, the most? What do you miss the most? Are you scared to eat again? I kinda/sorta am as it does seem like every time I have something just a bit "off", I see a gain.. that's so not fair, is it? .. Are you thinking about cracking out some of your famous wall push-ups now for maintenance? If you do, I will. .remember our deal? You first. . Vitamins? Keeping up on them? Are you feeling the same energy or more? Do tell. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 03-29-2010 at 09:45 AM..
Old 03-29-2010, 09:46 AM   #1692
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

<--------- O . .and just for future reference.. my kitty is very reflective of me! I don't know what happens to me at night but BEWARE!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:54 AM   #1693
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Are you taking any vitamins? Without vitamins, red meat or certain veggies, your iron could be really low right now, which would explain the fatigue. ?
Yes, I am taking my vitamins (1 multi and 2 Fish Oil or Flax Oil, Calcium/D) and I do eat a lot of LEAN red meat, so I think I will try upping the fat for a couple of days and see if that helps.

I am also headed to my Family Doctor to have some routine bloodwork done - the results may tell me that I need to add something more.

Sharon
Old 03-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #1694
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Just popping in to say "hey!" I am back from my really fun and busy weekend. I'm exhausted! Now I have to unpack, get organized and clear up the clutter.

I stayed away from the scale all week end. This morning I was a little worried about getting on mine because there were a few slip ups. However, the scale is the same. Actually, down 2 ounces but I'm not even gonna count that! It does not mean anything! So, no stats to change.

I am making a beef stew in the crockpot and already it just smells yummy. I want to go back and read all the posts I missed. Hope everyone is having a great day!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 03-29-2010, 09:58 AM   #1695
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Seriuosly, I can't believe you eat so many cals and still lose!! .....But I have actually taken your advice and have upped my cals and fat--well I'm eating lots of tinned salmon---OMG so much better than tuna--double the cals---but soo worth it!! See, I'm a good student.....or maybe just a copy-cat!!

Actually just thinking--I read somewhere that if you kept your carbs low that you could eat as much as you wanted of fat and protein and never put on weight---cos your body has switched over to fat-burning mode!!.....now if I could only find nil-carb you-know-what....!!!!!!!!!
Im so glad you upped the calories! and i totally beleive what you read is true. I am living proof. protein and fat is all I eat, and it works. I can eat as much as I want, as frequently as I want and the weight stays the same..(or pretty close) Im not the big CL junkie as I used to be. Only every once in while and not every day. Mostly drinking black coffe now....Im sure ridding myself of the artificial sugars may have helped too..cant remember the last time I had sweet and low...
Old 03-29-2010, 10:05 AM   #1696
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post

Al, I am in awe of your stats!!! Seriously, what does it FEEL like to be that thin??? Has your brain caught up with your body? Like, in your head, do you feel like a thin person?? Also, was that your goal weight from day one or as you lost the weight, did your goal get lower??
Thanks Gwn!! Its taken 8 months, but I think my brain has caught up. I beleive my original goal weight was 107 but I really feel now that that is too thin. Im only 5'2" and Im bordering on being skinny. Dont mind being thin though! This weight feels right and all my clothes fit, so going down any more would end up being a burden on my wallet...and I think I may end up getting negative comments.. I remember being satisfied in the 120's, but Im even happier now. On a bad note...my butt hurts when i sit on hard surfaces...theres no more junk in my trunk...and I need to now buy training bras, but youve already heard me complain about that! hahaaha...
Old 03-29-2010, 10:16 AM   #1697
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post

Al. .we want a full report on how you are coping with your new lifestyle. . what has changed for you, the most? What do you miss the most? Are you scared to eat again? I kinda/sorta am as it does seem like every time I have something just a bit "off", I see a gain.. that's so not fair, is it? .. Are you thinking about cracking out some of your famous wall push-ups now for maintenance? If you do, I will. .remember our deal? You first. . Vitamins? Keeping up on them? Are you feeling the same energy or more? Do tell. .
I used to walk around very insecure and embarrassed. I knew in my head no one cared what I looked liked, but thats all I could think about. I didnt want to eat in front of anyone and I would shy away from events. My face would always turn red whenever anyone even spoke to me. All that has changed. I guess I have a little confidance now, but its still a little hard for me in some situations. Im not scared to eat becaue I think I pretty much made a choice to keep going like this. There are others who only eat meat and are doing really well.

I used to get alergy flare ups and sinus infections all the time. They are gone..My hair used to be thin, brittle or falling out. Not anymore..Must have been the carbs, I tell you. I love being able to take anything out of my closet or drawer and put it on and not feel completely miserable. I always used to think that thin people could wear a ripped up t-shirt and jeans and still look hot. I like that I feel good in a crappy old t-shirt because now I have nothing to hide..... I like that the bath towels wraps all the way around and then some, shaving my legs takes half the time!!! Sorry Im rambling, but losing the weight has given me another chance to start my life over. I want everyone to feel this way too. Thanks for listening!

I did take my vitamins yesterday- go me!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:17 AM   #1698
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome back Yam! So glad you had a great time!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:20 AM   #1699
Blabbermouth!!!

Whew! Just finished reading all weekend posts. Very inspiring and fun! Too many to comment on everything.

Al: Thank you so much for posting that stall stoppers list! What an eye-opener! I went right to my vitamin jar. Guess what? Even though it does not list calories, I looked at the ingredients. It has a ton of fruit powder! It has orange powder, papaya powder, grape powder and bunches more. That has to be carbs. No wonder the vitamins taste so sweet. They are huge like horse pills and you are supposed to take two per day.

Well, I'm going to switch to something different for sure because I'll bet those are sabatoging me. Thank you again for the info.

I am off to get some work done and will check back in later in the day. Hugs.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #1700
Blabbermouth!!!

still thinking here....hubbys massages felt way better when I was thicker....when I feel him hit a bone..it grosses me out.... and it grosses him out when i suck my stomach in, so I cant do that anymore... see....a girl can never be happy... but those are things I can get over...

I sometimes notice how easy it is to sit in the car now and tie my seatbelt - theres actually room on both sides and I dont hang over the toilet seat anymore either...fit just right...I also like to pull my knees to my chest while sitting on the floor and I feel like a kid again.. there are so many more positives than negatives....

Heres to a tuna day to drop two pounds!!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:29 AM   #1701
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I like that the bath towels wraps all the way around and then some, shaving my legs takes half the time!!! Sorry Im rambling, but losing the weight has given me another chance to start my life over. I want everyone to feel this way too. Thanks for listening!

I did take my vitamins yesterday- go me!
Al: Ramble on! Please do! We all want to hear it. Oh, the bath towel thing. That's one of the first things that really started bothering my when the weight was coming on and it's something I soooooooooo remember, long for, and look forward to! Also, the leg shaving. lol. It takes way longer when I'm heavy. And shaving the bikini area? Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalleeeeeeeeeeazzze!!!!! I cannot even see it or find it! Let alone shave it!

One other thing I remember is when my favorite terry robe was no longer comfortable and I had to start wearing one my DH had grown out of.

So, keep rambling. You are inspiring and touching us all in important ways.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:32 AM   #1702
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
there are so many more positives than negatives....
I am looking forward to the day I can wear panty hose again without the fear that they will catch on fire from the constant rubbing of the thighs!

Sharon
Old 03-29-2010, 11:40 AM   #1703
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
<--------- O . .and just for future reference.. my kitty is very reflective of me! I don't know what happens to me at night but BEWARE!
Old 03-29-2010, 11:43 AM   #1704
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Im only 5'2" and Im bordering on being skinny. Dont mind being thin though!
Seriously, what I wouldn't give for that!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 11:45 AM   #1705
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
On a bad note...my butt hurts when i sit on hard surfaces...theres no more junk in my trunk....
Too funny!!!!! Again--not a problem I would mind having!!
Old 03-29-2010, 11:50 AM   #1706
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I like that the bath towels wraps all the way around and then some,
OMG Al----I was just thinking that a couple of weeks ago!!! But I thought there's no way I can post that-it's too embarrassing!! I love you guys, seriously!! But I bought new towels last March and they didn't really close around me. Now I can wrap them all the way around and you know tie it at the top of your bust!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #1707
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
But I thought there's no way I can post that-it's too embarrassing!!
I hope no one pauses or thinks before they type!!! Where would we be without the laughs!!?!!

ps- so glad your towels fit. Isnt life great?
Old 03-29-2010, 02:06 PM   #1708
Blabbermouth!!!

Just when I thought you guys would think I was an utter wacko.... Sharon, Yam and GT came to my rescue!!

Who else has some embarrassing moments, positive thoughts, or things ya just hate??? Im listening..
Old 03-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #1709
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Just when I thought you guys would think I was an utter wacko.... Sharon, Yam and GT came to my rescue!!

Who else has some embarrassing moments, positive thoughts, or things ya just hate??? Im listening..
OK Al, you are making me remember...about 5 months ago DD bought me an antique, hand-made, very old rocking chair off craig's list. Seriously, it's about 100 years old. And she did it so I could rock her little new born at my house because I did not have one. First time I rocked him to sleep I stood up and the chair was stuck to my butt. Didn't realize when I sat down because my weight sort of pushed down when I sat in the chair with him. But, that chair is small! Now I can sit and stand without the chair coming with me, but I want to have more room between me and the wooden arms on that rocker!!
Old 03-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #1710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here's some more advantages of losing weight: You can get lost in a crowd easier. . People don't notice you as much .. more people tend to smile at you (sad, but true), there's more room in your refrigerator, you don't own stock in Frito Lay any longer, naked isn't such a scary word, the scale no longer has a thick layer of dust on it, leather and lace become part of your wardrobe. . your nylons don't roll when you sit down, your undies come from Victoria Secret, not the hardware store. You can polish your toe nails without a nap break, you can sleep on your stomach without suffocating, you like water. .you really, really do, you wake up with a smile instead of a scowl. .you can run in the park with your kids, swing on the swings and slide down the slide without the fear of your hips flopping over the sides, your seat belt fits . like it should.. your hair looks longer because you no longer have 4 chins.. you do not have a permanent scowl line between your brows. . you can see your knees. . your toes can see you. . you can shave your arm pits without moving a boob. . your glasses actually sit on your noise, instead of your cheeks. . your butt leaves the room the same time you do. .your knees don't hurt, you like being outside, you get dressed every morning. . your slip no longer winds up around your waist, it actually falls off.. . your shoe size is a M instead of a W. you love going to the fair, the movies don't scare you and you think about dancing. . .your rings spin and your smile shines. . you CAN actually swap clothes with someone else. . your hubby's shirts are way, way too big. .you'll never have to hear. . but you have such a pretty face. . unless you want to really listen. .big boned is for sissies.. Ample, Voluptuous, plus size and wide will be replaced with perky, slender, sexy and slim, mirrors will become your friend.. but one of the very best. . is the hugs you'll receive because your family can actually fit their arms around you!! Ahhh. success. .
Closed Thread