Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 04:38 AM   #1591
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
How long does a real stall last? We all get nervous when the scale doesnt move everyday and we shouldnt. I have been so guilty of this.... We can't cut anything else out of our diet so eventually our fat has to surrender. The best thing we can do is stick to our plan, and make healthy choices if we need to add anything back in. For those of us that arent exercising, it would probably be a great idea to get a few walks in throughout the day... 10 minutes here, 15 minutes there...it all adds up and makes you feel better. Lets celebrate the pounds we have already lost and look forward to the pounds we will lose in the future! Everyone is doing a great job! Lets keep it up!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2010, 05:44 AM   #1592
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Day 17. No movement (either way ) on the scale this morning, but I am still in Ketosis. It promises to be a nice day here today so I am going to try and get in a couple of long walks with the dogs.

Hopefully tomorrow the scale will drop a bit.

DH was UP 1/2 pound but he had a whole grapefruit and about 3 cups of spinach yesterday ......sorry to say that I did take a little pleasure in that since usually guys lose faster

Sharon

Last edited by swebb; 03-27-2010 at 05:57 AM..
Old 03-27-2010, 05:54 AM   #1593
Senior LCF Member

What's Cooking at My House Today :)

Herb Rubbed Roast

Ingredients
1 1/4 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon kosher salt (If you are using TABLE salt only use 1 tbs)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (Change this to SAGE for Chicken)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoons olive oil ****
1 (3 pound) sirloin tip roast

Directions
In a small bowl, mix the paprika, kosher salt, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, and thyme. Stir in the olive oil, and allow the mixture to sit about 15 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Place the roast on the prepared baking sheet, and cover on all sides with the spice mixture.
Roast 1 hour in the preheated oven, or to a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Let sit 15 minutes before slicing.

Total Carbs per serving (8 oz) = 1

**** Right now I am omitting the olive oil and using this as a "dry" rub. Thus reducing the carbs and fats.......Sharon

Last edited by swebb; 03-27-2010 at 06:23 AM..
Old 03-27-2010, 06:29 AM   #1594
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
hey all!

Well dinner today was steak and chicken and i had all the fatty parts! I had a drumstick and the steak was a bit fatty! Ok so that means I upped the fat today! Let's see if it works
Old 03-27-2010, 06:36 AM   #1595
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Just a shout out to IM2...Its not the same when I dont see the kitty bikini.....hope all is well and you're having fun!

Thanks, Al! I was a lurker yesterday .. took me forever to catch up on the posts and then I feel asleep at my computer! ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz I couldn't believe it! I had a good day on plan and went shopping directly after work . . Didn't get home until 10:00 and even though I was hungry, I didn't eat any junk food. .. thought I'd see some movement on the scale. .NOPE . . I'm going for another perfect day today. can't give up yet. . I haven't driven myself crazy enough!!!! The only good news is. .I met my younger sisy in town and we tried on the same (size) pants and they were baggy on me! Tight on her big 'ole butt!! I'm evil but I was laughing inside really, really hard! Am I terrible? She is getting a little chunky but it does point out how bodies are all made differently. she still looks thinner than I do

woke up with a headache . I need my coffee. . .
Old 03-27-2010, 08:05 AM   #1596
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
.I met my younger sisy in town and we tried on the same (size) pants and they were baggy on me!
I can relate! Every Christmas my sister comes for a visit and wants to go shopping. We have a great Outlet Mall very close to us. Although I would love to go spend time with her I have always declined. Why? Because she is a size 12 and can shop in almost every store.... I am a size 22 and my options are limited

BUT!!!!! THIS Christmas will be different! I am already saving my money in anticipation of a great shopping trip with her

Sharon
Old 03-27-2010, 08:09 AM   #1597
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
hey all!

Well dinner today was steak and chicken and i had all the fatty parts! I had a drumstick and the steak was a bit fatty! Ok so that means I upped the fat today! Let's see if it works
OH IT WILL WORK! IT REALLY WILL!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 08:14 AM   #1598
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2- Great job sticking to plan no matter what!!! and so cool that you are are tinier than your sister!!! The pants say it all... You finally did it!! You're the skinny one!! Woohoo!! Go get your coffee girl, then lets talk meat!

Sharon...Thanks for another awesome recipe! The way you're going you will be smaller than a 12 at Christmas!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #1599
Blabbermouth!!!

Does everyone want me to post their recipes in the recipe thread?
Old 03-27-2010, 08:47 AM   #1600
Senior LCF Member

Thnx Al- You are always a great voice of encouragement! I am praying it works!

I really give you guys credit for sticking sooo long with little loss! I think I am freaking out because i still have soooo much to lose! I can't wait for ONEDERLAND!

Swebb- U will definitly be less than a 12 at the rate you are going!

GT- I hope you are having fun with your honey bunny!

LOL- the cabbage soup diet- I did that!! I don't think there is a diet out there I didn't try- i can honestly say that stillman's is my most successful!

Kath- We hope to hear from you soon- You and your family are in our prayers
Old 03-27-2010, 08:52 AM   #1601
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Al! What a great idea. perhaps we should post it with the monthly stickies for April. . .April is going to be a great month! I'm staying positive no matter what the retarded scale says. . .I hate it anyway. .but I love meat. .meat . . the magical fruit. . the more we eat the less we T- -t. . Did anyone else notice that or is it just me? Those nasty carbs do something awful to my system!

Last edited by IM2fat; 03-27-2010 at 08:53 AM..
Old 03-27-2010, 09:58 AM   #1602
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al! What a great idea. perhaps we should post it with the monthly stickies for April. . .April is going to be a great month! I'm staying positive no matter what the retarded scale says. . .I hate it anyway. .but I love meat. .meat . . the magical fruit. . the more we eat the less we T- -t. . Did anyone else notice that or is it just me? Those nasty carbs do something awful to my system!
WOMAN! YOU ARE TOO MUCH! Veggies produce stink bombs. Meat is good.

For the Recipes, as long as we keep posting in it, it will stay toward the top. Im not sure how to make it a sticky...
Old 03-27-2010, 09:59 AM   #1603
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I really give you guys credit for sticking sooo long with little loss! I think I am freaking out because i still have soooo much to lose! I can't wait for ONEDERLAND!
Not as much as you think... i noticed you didnt change your stats.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #1604
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeepot
Stats: 141/137/127
Start Date: Sept.2014
I've lost 4.4 lbs since last Saturday! And, 12.6 lbs since I started March 17th! I am really excited, since I've had so much weight gain since the fall. What I really have to watch is salt, as in pork rinds/cracklings. And, eating too much fatty meat. My diet used to be just fatty meat--mainly 73/27 ground beef, but I started gaining or staying the same. So I've come back to leaner meats as Stillman recommends. Aleriaaa, I have lost lots of weight eating very fatty meats, but for some reason, I started gaining, so I've had to modify. Maybe once I lost the weight, or even a little, I can go back to my former way of eating. I've got lots of ground beef in the freezer waiting for me...

Nermo, I, too, have to really watch my salt. Maybe as we get older, we become more salt senstive? Even bacon makes me stall or any salted meat (turkey bacon, canadian bacon, packaged turkey). Or maybe, I'm just messed up?

Dr. Stillman says that the weight loss is an average of 5lb a week, but that sometimes one will not lost anything for a week, then lost something the following week. He has lots of comparisons charts of how fast someone loses following different patients. I personally think 5 is an exaggeration, but that 3 might be doable. Then again, I'm afraid I'll jinx myself, and that next Sat, I'll have nothing good to report.

My diet is now consisting of mostly eggs, fish and a little chicken. I add just one tbsp of coconut oil a day to up my fat. Oh, and lots of coffee and tea. I passed by my favorite pork cracklings at the store today, so I think ketosis is strong. And I try to walk just a little each day.

Good luck to all and have a beautiful weekend!

Last edited by coffeepot; 03-27-2010 at 10:05 AM..
Old 03-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #1605
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I, too think of the BIG picture (total pounds needed to lose) but I am finding that that just discourages me........ so now I am making weekly mini-goals and I find that that helps me to stay more focused and encouraged.

I need to lose 125 pounds. So if I think of it as having ONLY lost 16 pounds I would probably be a little depressed.....I want it ALL gone NOW

BUT if I think of it as 16 pounds gone for good and in ONLY 17 days then that is something for me to hang on to, brag about, and celebrate.

I think if we all lean on each other for support we will all get to where we want to be. This list is great 'cause we can vent, ask questions, brag a little, cry a little and we always get encouragement (and sometimes a kick in the butt when we need it

I pray for each one of you every day - don't give up!

Sharon
Old 03-27-2010, 10:12 AM   #1606
Senior LCF Member

Sharon, I think you're doing great. Your posts have inspired me. I also pray for each of us. It's such a hard road. I have to tell you that several years ago I weighed 260 or more--I stopped weighing so that I wouldn't know. The first 70 or so lbs I lost with a very high fat diet. The rest I lost with high fat just meat. But that was a few years ago, too. Now I'm trying Stillmans. Again. I have a difficult time sticking to it, especially when wine is around....fatty meat is so much more filling than lean.

Anyway, don't be discouraged. You can do it and you'll be so glad.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #1607
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi red teapot! So glad everything is going we;;. 4.4 pounds is awesome in one week. You'll be at goal in no time!

Sharon- I like the idea of mini goals! You are doing a great job! I love it when you brag!!! 16 pounds in 17 days may be the ultimate record!

So wondering....if you rub cocunut oil into your skin, is that the same as eating it.. Its still absorbing 100% fat?!?.... Maybe thats why I havent been losing anything....
Old 03-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #1608
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_teapot View Post
Sharon, I think you're doing great. Your posts have inspired me. I also pray for each of us. It's such a hard road. I have to tell you that several years ago I weighed 260 or more--I stopped weighing so that I wouldn't know. The first 70 or so lbs I lost with a very high fat diet. The rest I lost with high fat just meat. But that was a few years ago, too. Now I'm trying Stillmans. Again. I have a difficult time sticking to it, especially when wine is around....fatty meat is so much more filling than lean.

Anyway, don't be discouraged. You can do it and you'll be so glad.
have you added back veggies from time to time or have you stuck with just meat.... I am so curious.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:45 AM   #1609
Senior LCF Member

Aleriaaa, When I first did Atkins, I would eat salads, but nothing more. I think Atkins says, at least, in the book I had, that some people are very resistant and might not even be able to handle salads. I also ate lots of cheese back then and cream. I was very overweight/obese, and those things didn't hurt me when I weighed so much, but as I got closer to goal, they stalled me.

I thought I might add greens or something, but I just can't bring myself to do it. You are so close to your goal, I suppose, that I don't think it would hurt you--in fact, it might make you not eat so much protein. I know there are many people who say that protein doesn't turn into glucose, or that eating a lot of it will not affect weight loss, but I think it definitely affects me. It used to be that I would eat more meat if I was still hungry--now I think I'd have a small serving of veggies. I try to keep my protein at around 60 grams. When I am close to goal, I plan on adding some veggies. That little bit of carb can't hurt, can it?

I don't think rubbing coconut oil in your skin is the same! You probably don't need it anyway--have you ever tracked your fat levels? I used to try for 80%, but now I am at about 50%--and vlcalorie. Anyway, we are the same height, and I'd be delighted to weigh 117. You are doing great and you've also been a big inspiration to me. Everyone here, in fact, inspires me. We ought to have a fantastic April!

Last edited by coffeepot; 03-27-2010 at 10:47 AM..
Old 03-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #1610
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
WOMAN! YOU ARE TOO MUCH! Veggies produce stink bombs. Meat is good.

For the Recipes, as long as we keep posting in it, it will stay toward the top. Im not sure how to make it a sticky...
Alrighteee. . I'll see if I can hyperlink them next month. . See. . I'm already planning to stay here again. .

Al: Can you believe July is right around the corner. I can't believe I've been living the low carb lifestyle for so long. You, on the other hand, have been a saint!! I never met anyone with so much dedication. I think I, too, would be the same way if it was melting off me. . however, I gotta remember, the longer it takes. . the longer it'll stay off! yes. .yes. it will. .
Old 03-27-2010, 10:48 AM   #1611
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I
. You are doing great and you've also been a big inspiration to me. Everyone here, in fact, inspires me. We ought to have a fantastic April!
She inspires all of us! I'd love to see before/after pix. . wouldn't you?
Old 03-27-2010, 10:49 AM   #1612
Senior LCF Member

One more thing, remember I menopausal and older and I have to watch very carefully to lose weight. Whatever you're doing, Aleriaaa, is working great for you, and keeping you healthy. I wouldn't change it.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:07 AM   #1613
Senior LCF Member

hey everyone!

Swebb- It is true little mini goals that's what I think I will do- I really need to stop setting myself up for failure- I know I din't put over 100 pounds in a month so it won't come off that fast either.

Al- oops I totally forgot to change my stats - I will do that now!

By the way I was watching the show The Doctors and they has a fitness expert on that said we need to work out big muscles- like leg squats and all that stuff in order to make our body BURNNN!

So I have decided to include some exercise- Don't know what I will do but I will come up with something!

Talk 2 u sooon everyone.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:07 AM   #1614
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I thought I might add greens or something, but I just can't bring myself to do it.
I cant bring myself to do it either and I'm actually not planning on adding anything back. (All bets are off on vacation though, once the rum starts running..) Thanks for sharing your journey red!! I apprecaite it!
Old 03-27-2010, 11:15 AM   #1615
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Alrighteee. . I'll see if I can hyperlink them next month. . See. . I'm already planning to stay here again. .

Al: Can you believe July is right around the corner. I can't believe I've been living the low carb lifestyle for so long. You, on the other hand, have been a saint!! I never met anyone with so much dedication. I think I, too, would be the same way if it was melting off me. . however, I gotta remember, the longer it takes. . the longer it'll stay off! yes. .yes. it will. .
Oh yeah! I didnt realize you were talking about the links.. Yeah do that!!

I cant believe we've come this far... wish I could say it flew but there were lots days where it was a struggle.. I'm no saint...rememeber all the wine...the bacon...??? The going to bed so I wouldnt chow on everything in the house!

It still doesnt seem possible to me that we can survive on only meat but after 8 months, I can say its possible now.... I have fond memories of fruit and veggies but never in my life have I felt this good and I really dont want to mess anything up. NO allergies, no depression, no fat, good hair and skin....and able to eat large portions in a single bound!

IM2, I cant wait for your thyroids butt to get kicked into gear!!! You're the saint for sticking to plan even when times got tough. I really had it too easy, so I dont count.

Last edited by aleriaaa; 03-27-2010 at 11:17 AM..
Old 03-27-2010, 11:19 AM   #1616
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
She inspires all of us! I'd love to see before/after pix. . wouldn't you?
Im working my way up to this...Im just so darn shy though...

I actually got my before pic ready for you guys and was mortified about posting it... oh yeah, I found a really embarrasing upchuck in my throat one..
Old 03-27-2010, 11:20 AM   #1617
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al- oops I totally forgot to change my stats - I will do that now!
MUCH BETTER!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 11:22 AM   #1618
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Yes - post away
Old 03-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #1619
Blabbermouth!!!

Saturdays guilty pleasures complete... formulated my super grocery list on peapod, then deleted... and polished off a bag o tuna... made a conclusion... I like walmart brand chunk light MUCH better than Starkist Albacore and its cheaper too! The Starkist stuff is almost slimy and you can taste the so called broth.. the walmart stuff just tastes like tuna.

hope everyone is out enjoying the beautiful day! It'll be my turn tomorrow~
Old 03-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #1620
Blabbermouth!!!

Past Amazing Post, submitted by IM2:

Stall Stoppers!

1. DON'T GIVE UP - Your continued search will probably find the problem and correct it.

2. CHECK FOR HIDDEN SOURCES OF SUGAR - Sugar goes under many different names & in many cases does NOT appear on the label. Many vitamin tablets have sugar fillers. CHECK!

3. PERHAPS YOU'RE CHEATING ON THE DIET - If you think it's too small to matter, better check again. (Even one M&M)

4. OR YOU MAY STILL BE KEEPING YOUR FOOD INTAKE TOO LOW - Many times you carry over habits from other diets & eat too little. EAT UP... The right things & don't skip meals.

5. ARE YOU EATING SIX SMALL MEALS OR SNACKS A DAY? - A frequent eating schedule will provide a constant source of energy without the insulin rebound. Six small feedings a day are better than 3 large meals to break the energy/weight loss barrier.

6. YOU MAY NOT HAVE FOUND YOUR PROPER LEVEL YET - Reduce carbos still further, works in 4 out of 5 people, or ADD carbos while still remaining in ketosis. Try it and see.

7. CHECK YOUR MINERAL BALANCE - You may have a mineral imbalance. Such as zinc/copper. Or a trace mineral shortage.

8. YOU MAY BE LOSING TOO MUCH SALT - Salt or potassium shortages are common in the first stages of the diet. Eat salty foods & take potassium supplements.

9. TRY TO EXERCISE MORE - Exercise can improve circulation, stabilize blood sugar & other important metabolic benefits.

10. FOOD ALLERGY--A NEW CONCEPT - May cause all sorts of problems, fatigue, headche, Check possibility in your diet.

11. FOOD ADDITIVES MAY BE YOUR PROBLEM - Over a billion lbs of chemicals added to our food every year. (1977 data) You may be allergic to some of them. Check dyes in soft drinks.

12. YOU MAY BE DRINKING TOO MUCH COFFEE OR TEA - Coffee, cola & tea stimulate release of insulin with a temporary lift in energy followed by hunger, fatigue & slower weight loss.

13. IT MAY BE BECAUSE YOU ARE SMOKING - Some people will not respond to the diet unless smoking is stopped. Smoking uses up vitamin C & stimulates the adrenal gland.

14. HOW MUCH ARE YOU DRINKING? - Alcohol stimulates insulin.

15. IT MAY BE THE MEDICINES YOU ARE TAKING - Many drugs, even aspirin, can cause hypoglycemia. Watch out for hormones, amphetamines, diuretics, antihistamines, antiinflammatory drugs, analgesics, anticoagulants, antidiabetics, antibiotics, tranquilizers, clofibrate, acetaminophen, and propanolol.

16. LAST MONTH'S DIET PILLS MAY BE SLOWING YOU DOWN - Sometimes it isn't what you are taking but what you were taking that slows you down.

17. SEX HORMONES - Will slow down weight loss and stimulate the production of insulin. Estrogen (used in birth control pills) and Testosterone have much the same effect.

18. TOO MUCH SALT MAY BE CAUSING RETENTION OF WATER - After 2 to 3 weeks on the diet, the body partially adapts and excessive salt can cause some water retention.

19. WHAT ABOUT QUANTITIES? - If weight loss stops short of your ideal weight, even though you are producing ketones, you must conclude that the quantities within the diet are too great. The diet usually works best with just enough calories to stave off hunger. Too many people misinterpret the instructions regarding the diet as "Eat unrestrictedly." When they do this they will still lose weight in the beginning, which will reinforce their assurance that no heed whatever need be paid to quantities. In most cases, this practice will lead to a stalemate partway to the desired goal.

20. YOU MAY HAVE TO COUNT CALORIES IN ADDITION TO CARBOHYDRATES - I have never said that calories don't count because I know of course that they do. I say that carbohydrates count more. If your case is especially difficult, you may have to count both. There is no question that a 1,500-calorie, 10-gram diet will take more weight off, and more quickly, than a 2,000-calorie 10-gram diet.

I hope nobody has to get to item 19 or 20 to solve their problem but still, if you have a metabolic resistance to losing weight, you must consider everything except giving up and admitting defeat.

Addendum:
1. Your problem may be a low thyroid.
2. A systemic YEAST infestation may be part of your problem. Read chapter 13 of "Dr Atkins' New Diet Revolution"
3. Your vitamin mix may need something different. Read chapter 22 on Nutritional Supplements.
Closed Thread