Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 07:54 AM   #1531
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Food plan for the day...2 packages of tuna, and ground beef for dindin...

Anyone ever try garam masala??? Its a spicy indian spice...yum...
sounds nice!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2010, 07:56 AM   #1532
Big Yapper!!!!

I had turkey for breakfast! And now I'm having a tin of salmon for lunch. I'll be having salad and tuna or chicken for dinner!!! Now ya'll know!!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:02 AM   #1533
Big Yapper!!!!

Peeps, remember I was complaining that I didn't have an iPhone cos it wasn't on the Vodafone network in Ireland???? Well it's coming!!!! But but but I only got an upgrade at Xmas so you can't get another for a year---and if you just buy it without being due an upgrade it's E519--think that's about $450----I could have cried!!! Seriously!! I want one for ages!!! Then I could always be on LCF!!! Hee!!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:13 AM   #1534
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hello Everyone!!!!

I really don't have much of an appetite! but I am not losing fast enough!

I need your input guys!

Nermo - you are not eating enough or often enough. You need to eat 5-6 small meals a day. This will trick your body out of "starvation mode". Right now it is holding on to everything it can.

Break your breakfast into 2 meals. 1 or 2 eggs and 1/2 chicken breast for each meal. Same for your dinner. We need to "feed" every couple of hours for 12 hours. Nothing after 7 or 8 at night (if possible).

Maybe this will help.

Sharon
Old 03-26-2010, 08:16 AM   #1535
Senior LCF Member

....."another one bites the dust.....and another one's gone and another one's gone".......

One more pound DOWN
Old 03-26-2010, 08:34 AM   #1536
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
....."another one bites the dust.....and another one's gone and another one's gone".......

One more pound DOWN
Congrats! WTG! Like the advice about feeding more frequently!

I haven't budged this week at all!

I'm not gonna get upset and take it out on the EVIL pantry! I think it might have to do with the fact I am exercising and lifting weights. My thighs have actually gotten bigger, but I am squatting 185 pounds 5 sets of 7 reps.. four times a week! My legs are looking more muscular with a nice layer of fat over them

Well guys I am spring cleaning while I have the chance. I'm on call for the morning and have clients this eve so I am gonna get bk to cleaning while i have a chance!

Breakfast so far.. 3 hard boiled eggs 33.8 oz water and 22 oz of blk coffee with a tbs of soy milk

ttyl!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:53 AM   #1537
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hi Everyone,

The scale did not move at all today. It's exactly what it was yesterday. Exactly. I feel bummed, but I know I shouldn't. It's just that seeing it go down every day was so much fun. Did most of you have a stall during the first week?

I know, I know. I should be happy with 8 pounds in 5 days. Then why do I feel bummed?

On top of that we are leaving in 8 hours for a week end trip and I just realized how hard it's gonna be eating out in restaurants. We have a birthday dinner for my sil @ a Mexican Restaurant! I'm thinking of bringing my own stuff -- cottage cheese, eggs & turkey in plastic containers in case there's nothing I can have.

They probably have grilled chicken, but you cannot trust them to cook it w/o fat even if you ask them too. Then there are the bottomless chips and dip!!! They bring it to the table right off and keep filling it. Usually I just sit there and munch and munch. I'm planning to order a big glass of iced tea (if they have it without sugar, which some places don't!!) Or maybe a diet soda and just drinking that until I'm sloshing around. Help me!!!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 03-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #1538
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Yea I like the idea of mixing it up to keep things interesting and to keep me from getting bored. I like the strictness of Stillman's because it really is proof to myself that I can be strict with what I choose to eat and that I have the discipline it takes. I like that it really controls my appetite and I love that the loss on the scale is quick! I like that I can then slip into Atkins and still lose weight too, while eating different things. I just love low carbing in general! ha. Isn't it great to be able to actually EAT and still lose weight!? All those years spent on dieting aka starvation just to lose some pounds. Cabbage soup diet, master cleanse, low fat, ha, all that or a juicy ribeye and fauxtatoes for dinner, I pick the latter. This WOE really is wonderful.
Gwn: Love your post. Ahhhh...the old Cabbage soup diet. I had forgotten about that. The soup tasted good, though.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #1539
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Hi Everyone,

The scale did not move at all today. It's exactly what it was yesterday. Exactly. I feel bummed, but I know I shouldn't. It's just that seeing it go down every day was so much fun. Did most of you have a stall during the first week?

(

Yam - This is what happened to me in the first week as well. I lost and then went into a 3 day stall - I kept feeding every 2 hours and drinking my water and then BAM! 3 pounds gone I have been doing this for 16 days and have lost 16 pounds total. I expect another stall soon - now that I am prepared I won't freak out and try and crawl back into bed
Old 03-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #1540
Blabbermouth!!!

Swebb: Congrats on another pound down! Rumpa-Shaka happy dance for you! Woooooo-Hoooooo!!!

Thank you for your post. I want to be like you!16 pounds in 16 days. I want to lose a pound a day.

So, I have a question for you and everyone: Do you actually eat when you are not hungry? I'm definitely not hungry every 2 hours. I'm never hungry in the morning at all. I struggle with the 6 small meals a day thing even though I know it should be part of the plan.

Since I started 5 days ago, I have rarely been hungry. I think on day 3 my stomach growled late morning and I ate a hard boiled egg.

Wish you all would weigh in on this. To eat or not to eat when you do not feel hungry??
Old 03-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #1541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I still cant wait to go to bed every night....and I still hate getting up in the morning..... come to think of it, the only time I have had unbelieveable energy is when I quit coffee for those few days.... I like energy, but for some reason, I like coffee more... oh well.
lolol I completely agree. I hate that crash I get an hour or two after drinking coffee but what would my morning be without coffee?!? It's almost like ice cream to me, it's just a treat every day!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #1542
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Swebb: Congrats on another pound down! Rumpa-Shaka happy dance for you! Woooooo-Hoooooo!!!

Thank you for your post. I want to be like you!16 pounds in 16 days. I want to lose a pound a day.

So, I have a question for you and everyone: Do you actually eat when you are not hungry? I'm definitely not hungry every 2 hours. I'm never hungry in the morning at all. I struggle with the 6 small meals a day thing even though I know it should be part of the plan.

Since I started 5 days ago, I have rarely been hungry. I think on day 3 my stomach growled late morning and I ate a hard boiled egg.

Wish you all would weigh in on this. To eat or not to eat when you do not feel hungry??

Thanks THe 16 pounds came off a pound or 2 , then a stall for a day, then a pound or 3 would come off, then maybe nothing for a day, then the scale would move again. In the past that would really discourage me but not now because I KNOW this works (eventually )

Yes, I eat when I am not hungry BUT what I have done is to make the meal portions smaller so now every 2 hours or so I am starting to feel a little hungry. I drink a large glass of water right before I eat (stretches the stomach), then I eat my meat - usually about 4-6 ounces, then I drink another glass of water. When the stomach is stretched it sends a message to the brain that the body has been fed and it is full.

I am having to relearn the "just full" feeling instead of the "stuffed" feeling. I like the TASTE of food and the social aspect of eating with friends and family. I am cutting smaller bites, putting my fork down in between bites, chewing carefully and engaging in some table conversation.

In the past I would mindlessly eat - (remember I like the TASTE of most foods), and I would keep my plate pretty full so that the food lasted as long as the "social" hour. Beacuse I usually ate fast it meant I ate more so that I was not sitting there with an empty plate while everyone else was still eating.

Now I am usually the LAST one with something on the plate
Old 03-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #1543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Peeps, remember I was complaining that I didn't have an iPhone cos it wasn't on the Vodafone network in Ireland???? Well it's coming!!!! But but but I only got an upgrade at Xmas so you can't get another for a year---and if you just buy it without being due an upgrade it's E519--think that's about $450----I could have cried!!! Seriously!! I want one for ages!!! Then I could always be on LCF!!! Hee!!
I have an iPhone, went on LCF once but it's way too small to really bother with it too much. Ha! But the iPhone is like, is like, well I don't know what it's like except there's nothing you can't do with it. So many great apps!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #1544
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

One more pound DOWN
WTG!!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:53 AM   #1545
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I know, I know. I should be happy with 8 pounds in 5 days. Then why do I feel bummed?

On top of that we are leaving in 8 hours for a week end trip and I just realized how hard it's gonna be eating out in restaurants. We have a birthday dinner for my sil @ a Mexican Restaurant! I'm thinking of bringing my own stuff -- cottage cheese, eggs & turkey in plastic containers in case there's nothing I can have.

They probably have grilled chicken, but you cannot trust them to cook it w/o fat even if you ask them too. Then there are the bottomless chips and dip!!! They bring it to the table right off and keep filling it. Usually I just sit there and munch and munch. I'm planning to order a big glass of iced tea (if they have it without sugar, which some places don't!!) Or maybe a diet soda and just drinking that until I'm sloshing around. Help me!!!!!
Yam, why don't you do an Atkins weekend and allow yourself some fat? That'd be an easy way to play it safe! You can easily eat the fajitas, sans tortillas... just don't overdo it on the peppers/onions. But the sour cream, lettuce, some tomatoes, and cheese would all be fine and still keep you in ketosis! But girl, I know what you mean.... Mexican food is my WEAKNESS Just the mention of chips and salsa, I die!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:53 AM   #1546
Senior LCF Member

My theory is that the "fast" eating was a very bad habit developed in childhood and carried over into my adult years (I am in my 50's). In school by the time one got through the lunch line you would have to eat fast in order to have recess time. At home you felt you had to eat fast to get to various afterschool activities, or homework, or that favorite TV program or some extra playtime. THis carried over to my adult years when an hour for lunch was really pushing it if I went out to get something to eat, or we would be so busy I was lucky if I got to gobble a few bites here and there. As an adult at home dinners were also a hurried affair because the kids had homework or afterschool activities (see the pattern repeating for THEM??? )

Now it is just my husband and I so we are BOTH on Stillman's. We are really trying to slow down each meal. We use the salad plates, we cut the meat into small bites, we put the fork down, chew and then we will chat for a minute or 2 about whatever.....

Our weight is going down and we are communicating (conversation last night was about the new US Health Care Bill)

Life is good.

Sharon
Old 03-26-2010, 09:56 AM   #1547
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

I don't eat if I'm not hungry. I'm generally hungry four times a day though. I love having breakfast in the morning. I generally wake up at 9, eat breakfast at 10, then have lunch around 2-3, dinner at 7ish and a snack around 9-10. I wish I could make smaller meals but time usually doesn't permit to eat 6x a week, especially at work. Of course if I bring a baggie of cubed grilled chicken, I might snack on that a few times throughout the day which I suppose helps. I wouldn't really eat if you're not hungry, but I would definitely make sure you eat in the morning.
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 03-26-2010, 10:03 AM   #1548
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just a quick check in... Weight is still the same but with TOM around I am perfectly content with that, usually TOM brings me 2 or 3 very unwanted pounds! grrr. I do feel bloated but otherwise great.

I'm off to get some photos taken for my passport and then to the passport office to apply for one. I'm planning a 2 month backpacking trip throughout Europe mid-August to October. I can't wait!!!! Ah, so much planning to do still, so much money I need to save!!! Going on this WOE, thus, giving up drinking and going out to eat, has saved me a TON of money so far, enough to pay for my RT airfare! Just need several more thousand for once I get there See, this WOE has more benefits than just weight loss
Old 03-26-2010, 10:04 AM   #1549
Blabbermouth!!!

Gwn: Believe it or not, Atkins is one diet I have never tried.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:08 AM   #1550
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
See, this WOE has more benefits than just weight loss
Gwn: That's soooooo true. I'm gonna save my $$ for clothes. Your backpacking trip sounds awesome. My DS did that after he graduated from college and he and some buddies had a blast. It was so cool that he found Internet Cafes everywhere and we kept in touch almost every day. He sent me the most beautiful pictures from everywhere.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:18 AM   #1551
Blabbermouth!!!

Swebb: I love that you and your DH are doing this together. My DH just plain does not want to. He said "NO!" Last night I watched him eat a big bowl of ice cream right after the yummy dinner I prepared for him. I went and got my cottage cheese mixed with a little stevia, cinnamon and cloves and I thought, "Hey! this is just as filling as ice cream! Nice and cold and creamy and yummy". I usually buy the big curd ct but the store was out and this is the first time I bought the small curd. It's almost like it's pureed. very creamy. Very satisfying.

Had to laugh when you talked about learning to eat fast as a child. Me, too, but for very different reasons. I was next to youngest in a family of 10 kids. 5 boys, 5 girls. My brothers were all huge. They played football.

The deal was, when we sat down at the table, if I did not eat fast they would eat it! I remember once we had ice cream cones. That did not happen very often because we had very little money. I wanted to savor it and eat it slowly. One of my brothers gobbled his down and then I guess figuring I didn't really want mine, he just grabbed it and shoved it in his mouth!

I learned to run to the table, fill my plate up with as much food as I could get and then shovel it in fast!

The funny thing is, after I got married and DH and I would go out for a meal, I found he would finish his fast and then start eating off my plate!!! I have yelled at him for that so many times that for the most part he is getting the message and has stopped doing it.

After I lost all my weight as a teen, I learned that eating slowly was one helpful tip for keeping it off. So, I would talk a lot, drink lots of water, put my fork down between bites...but DH took that as a signal to eat my food!! lol
Old 03-26-2010, 10:32 AM   #1552
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=Yam-Yam;13299689]
The funny thing is, after I got married and DH and I would go out for a meal, I found he would finish his fast and then start eating off my plate!!! I have yelled at him for that so many times that for the most part he is getting the message and has stopped doing it. [QUOTE]

This made me laugh - I thought eating off each other's plates was just a Southern "thing"! My husband did the same thing and I, too tried correcting the behaviour (it's one thing if you are INVITED to try something off of my plate - quite another to PILLAGE the plate!!)

I finally got fed up and one evening when he reached over to take food, I picked up my plate and went into another room to eat - leaving him sitting at the table. Ot happened again at a restaurant, again I picked up my plate and moved to an empty table......he NEVER did it again

Now I almost have to beg him to take a taste of something on my plate

Sharon
Old 03-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #1553
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Now I almost have to beg him to take a taste of something on my plate

Sharon
Good one!!!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #1554
Senior LCF Member

YAY! Spring cleaning has a dent in it! woo hoo! got the closet done and some pictures of the kids hung up! took me 4ever, but at least i wasn't hungry! off to the store! TTYL
Old 03-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #1555
Blabbermouth!!!

Feel like I have massive preoccupation and cognitive overload right now. and maybe ADD. I'm cleaning out my car, trying on clothes to put together outfits for the week end, packing all my hair stuff, wrapping birthday gifts, making notes about what food I can take with me...I'm going to pack a cooler...I'm even thinking of throwing in my scale! Probably not. I will have access to a scale. Just thinking what if the numbers are different than mine? How will I know which one is right? What if the weekend scale shows me UP. AHHHHHHHHH! (Now I also feel like I might be a little OCD!!)
Old 03-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #1556
Senior LCF Member

Yam-Yam - Step AWAY from the scale for the weekend!!! Enjoy yourself and your family. The scale will be waiting for Monday

Sharon
Old 03-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #1557
Blabbermouth!!!

That's what worries me! And scares me! It will be waiting...to accuse me and make me feel guilty and make me feel like I can't stick with this when I'm not in my natural habitat!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #1558
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That's what worries me! And scares me! It will be waiting...to accuse me and make me feel guilty and make me feel like I can't stick with this when I'm not in my natural habitat!

Even Dr. Stillman said to not sweat a weight gain of up to 3 pounds. Just start back and watch the numbers go DOWN.

Even I have to remind myself that this is not about torture and deprivation - it is about LIVING! So have a good weekend, stay away from the chips and salsa and make as good of choices that you can in the situation and then come back on Monday ready and refreshed, instead of stressed and mad that you "missed out" on the party.

Sharon
Old 03-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #1559
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Sharon. I feel better now. You are the best! I love this group.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #1560
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Feel like I have massive preoccupation and cognitive overload right now. and maybe ADD. I'm cleaning out my car, trying on clothes to put together outfits for the week end, packing all my hair stuff, wrapping birthday gifts, making notes about what food I can take with me...I'm going to pack a cooler...I'm even thinking of throwing in my scale! Probably not. I will have access to a scale. Just thinking what if the numbers are different than mine? How will I know which one is right? What if the weekend scale shows me UP. AHHHHHHHHH! (Now I also feel like I might be a little OCD!!)
YAM_ PUT THE SCALE DOWN AND WALK AWAY SLOWLY.. NO BETTER YET RUN! Wow u sure have your hands full! Have a great time!
Closed Thread