Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 07:29 AM   #1441
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
A little bit of mustard helps the tuna go down... the tuna go down singing this like Mary Poppins!

BTW- My hours are not as crazy YAY!

I didn't end up making my french toast-less last night. Chris surprised me and took me to applebees. I had steak and shrimp!! mmmm He is so sweet! I sure him!
Lisa, Ive been really excited and totally noticed that you had some free time. I love it when you're around!!!
aleriaaa is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #1442
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
And on the 15th day the scale sayeth ......MINUS 3 pounds

This brings my TOTAL weight loss to 15 pounds in 15 days.

I got back on track Monday by eating several times during the day and DRINKING (water ).

My back is still healing from a badly pulled muscle so exercise has consisted of slowly walking the dogs 2x a day.

I can't see the changes in the mirror yet but my clothes are looser.

Sharon
Whoa!!! 3 is the magic number today!!!! (Thank goodness I didnt weigh, I dont want to break the spell...) Perhaps I can see 3 pounds down after this tuna day.... Now Im definitely gonna try it!
aleriaaa is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #1443
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdladie View Post
I am going out of town this weekend so I am not sure how much I will be checking in. I will try but Monday for sure.
Have a great weekend Tania!! Think Meat!!
aleriaaa is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:32 AM   #1444
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
a little snippet from Yam Yam's link about ketosis. . .are you paying attention, Al?

"It is important to include vitamins and minerals in your diet, to maintain a healthy balance in your body and keep ketosis at bay. "

Still sticking with 'em?
um........feeling guilty here.....oops...
aleriaaa is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:34 AM   #1445
Senior LCF Member
 
swebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 929
Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Happy dance for EVERYONE who lost, maintained or found that their clothes just fit better

To those who are finding the scale bouncing around a bit - just imagine it is a battle going on inside you - The BODY says to the FAT cells " You guys are OUTTA here!!!" the FAT whines "Nooooo!!. Can't we work something out??"

YOU will WIN
swebb is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:35 AM   #1446
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,331
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi peeps! I'm back on plan! Eating my tuna as we speak (type!)
Tried on clothes this morning that I had tried on at the beginning of January and they are really much much looser now!!!!! It really is so weird cos as I have continuously (hee!) said I am not losing on the scale!! But obviously I am def losing inches all over!! So I am over the scale for a while because how we look in clothes is more important anyway, right?? I shall keep telling myself that anyway!! I have no scale here anyway...and actually I find it quite freeing..so I don't think I'll buy one!!
Oh peeps I am so happy today!!! That's me dancing around to my iPod as I was cleaning!!
GT: Awesome about the loose clothes! You know, of course, that fat takes up a LOT of space but weighs very little compared to lean muscle. Since this diet burns fat, that is why you are seeing the inches disappear! Yay!! As you get closer to goal the scale slows down because the fat you have is leaving and it weighs less and less on your body (light like a feather, but big and puffy). The scale will eventually catch up with the lost inches and you WILL see a drop if you hang in there.

My bummer thought for me is, knowing that fat weighs so much less than muscle, I must have A FRIGGIN TON OF FAT IN MY BODY to be this overweight! I have a body monitor scanning scale and it tells me my % of fat is really high. I'm gonna beat it though and knock it outta here!!
__________________
Yam-Yam

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:37 AM   #1447
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
So I am over the scale for a while because how we look in clothes is more important anyway, right?? I shall keep telling myself that anyway!! I have no scale here anyway...and actually I find it quite freeing..so I don't think I'll buy one!!
Oh peeps I am so happy today!!! That's me dancing around to my iPod as I was cleaning!!
GT! I think thats so great!!! Break away the shakles from the scale. I love it!!! The way you feel and how the clothes fit are the most important thing!!!!! I know we wanna see these crazy low numbers, but it really should be about the clothes!!! HOnestly, I could have happily stayed in the 130's, but my goal was always the clothes... Thank goodness I never got rid af anything.....from 10 years ago!!!!
aleriaaa is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:39 AM   #1448
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Yep, the Merlot will set you back, unfortunately. It has minimal carbs but is digested and processed in the system like carbs.
I think alcohol is the first thing to be burned, so if you're burning merlot, your body cant burn fat til its all used up, right??

I dont count wine carbs. Never never... Eat meat, drink wine.... Oh, that should be water..
aleriaaa is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:40 AM   #1449
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,331
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanP View Post
Thanks Yam, loved your dancing !!! You do realise that it is sinful to leave that poor Merlot unattended since sunday. You'll be had up for cruelty to grapes!!!
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:40 AM   #1450
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I lost another pound! One more down. Already changed my stats and signature. I'm really stoked. 8 pounds since Sunday.
Super Duper!!!!
aleriaaa is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:40 AM   #1451
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post


One of the most encouraging things to me was he said even after ketosis is over (one to two weeks) your body will then have learned to burn it's own fat for fuel instead of relying on glucose (carbs). This is extremely good news because we are training our bodies to burn fat for the long run!
Oh that is too cool for words---never knew that bit!!!!!!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:43 AM   #1452
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post

To those who are finding the scale bouncing around a bit - just imagine it is a battle going on inside you - The BODY says to the FAT cells " You guys are OUTTA here!!!" the FAT whines "Nooooo!!. Can't we work something out??"

YOU will WIN
Good!!!!!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:43 AM   #1453
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,331
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Well, at least under the rainbow is a lot closer than over the rainbow!! Just follow the yellow brick road...to the meat
I'm laughing so hard my stomach hurts!
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:46 AM   #1454
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Yam! Thanks for bringing the science into it. You have a way of explaining where I can actually understand! Very good info!!!
aleriaaa is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:47 AM   #1455
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,331
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I think alcohol is the first thing to be burned, so if you're burning merlot, your body cant burn fat til its all used up, right?? .
Al: GOOD POINT!! Makes sense and is a good thing to remember.
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:48 AM   #1456
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
GT: Awesome about the loose clothes! You know, of course, that fat takes up a LOT of space but weighs very little compared to lean muscle. Since this diet burns fat, that is why you are seeing the inches disappear! Yay!! As you get closer to goal the scale slows down because the fat you have is leaving and it weighs less and less on your body (light like a feather, but big and puffy). The scale will eventually catch up with the lost inches and you WILL see a drop if you hang in there.

My bummer thought for me is, knowing that fat weighs so much less than muscle, I must have A FRIGGIN TON OF FAT IN MY BODY to be this overweight! I have a body monitor scanning scale and it tells me my % of fat is really high. I'm gonna beat it though and knock it outta here!!
Yeah it makes sense!!! But the weirder thing was...I was measuring and was not seeing the inches go down at all!! That was more frustrating than the scale! Obviously I can't measure right--Mmmmm never was good at maths and can't cook either so I'm no good with numbers!!!
I have one of those tanita scales...and my muscle % has barely gone up! The fat has def come down...but still higher than I'd like!! I don't really know how accurate those things really are tho!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:49 AM   #1457
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I think alcohol is the first thing to be burned, so if you're burning merlot, your body cant burn fat til its all used up, right??

.
Yeah I read that!! Bummer!!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:50 AM   #1458
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I'm laughing so hard my stomach hurts!
And laughing burns lots of cals...work those abs!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:52 AM   #1459
Senior LCF Member
 
swebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 929
Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
An old Cherokee was teaching his young grandson one of life’s most important lessons. He told the young boy the following parable:

“There is a fight going on inside each of us. It is a terrible fight between two wolves,” he said.

“One wolf is evil. He is anger, rage, envy, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego."

"The second wolf is good. He is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, empathy, truth, compassion, and faith.”

The grandson thought about this for a moment. Then he asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win this fight?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

Which are you feeding today?


.........I CHOOSE to feed HOPE that I really WILL win the battle if the "bulge"!

and I will with a little help from my LC friends -

Many thanks to everyone for their stories, courage to share something of themselves and the occassional "kick in the butt"
swebb is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:53 AM   #1460
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Ok peeps! I'm going out--the sun is shining but OMG is it cold!!! Oh well can't complain--cos in Ireland any day without rain is considered a good day weather-wise!!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:55 AM   #1461
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Oh Sharon, I like the parable!! I'm feeding the nice one! Feeding it tuna and turkey!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:59 AM   #1462
Senior LCF Member
 
lisarenee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pella, IA
Posts: 556
Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Lisa, Ive been really excited and totally noticed that you had some free time. I love it when you're around!!!
yeah me too! helps keep me on track! I just love reading about everyones accomplishments and lending an ear when needed too!
lisarenee is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 08:02 AM   #1463
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
An old Cherokee was teaching his young grandson one of life’s most important lessons. He told the young boy the following parable:

“There is a fight going on inside each of us. It is a terrible fight between two wolves,” he said.

“One wolf is evil. He is anger, rage, envy, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego."

"The second wolf is good. He is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, empathy, truth, compassion, and faith.”

The grandson thought about this for a moment. Then he asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win this fight?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

Which are you feeding today?


.........I CHOOSE to feed HOPE that I really WILL win the battle if the "bulge"!

and I will with a little help from my LC friends -

Many thanks to everyone for their stories, courage to share something of themselves and the occassional "kick in the butt"
Awesome post!!!! I had to reread it 3 times!!! Thanks!
aleriaaa is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 08:02 AM   #1464
Senior LCF Member
 
lisarenee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pella, IA
Posts: 556
Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oh Lisa, I'm doing tuna Thursday too!!!
YAY! I got a tuna thursday buddy! woo hoo!
lisarenee is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 08:03 AM   #1465
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Just saying hi, Lisa!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 08:03 AM   #1466
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
my wolf is kinda mad that its a tuna day... she wants ribeyes!
aleriaaa is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 08:04 AM   #1467
Major LCF Poster!
 
bdladie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 2,097
Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
I just got a phone call from my surgeons office, they want to move my surgery to either April 2nd or April 16th. I have to see what I can do.

Tania
bdladie is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 08:05 AM   #1468
Senior LCF Member
 
lisarenee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pella, IA
Posts: 556
Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
What a great sport!!! Cant wait for the Easter Eye Candy! Woohoo!!! NO CARBS!!
lisarenee is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 08:07 AM   #1469
Senior LCF Member
 
lisarenee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pella, IA
Posts: 556
Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Just saying hi, Lisa!!
Hiya GT! long time no see!
lisarenee is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 08:09 AM   #1470
Senior LCF Member
 
lisarenee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pella, IA
Posts: 556
Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdladie View Post
I just got a phone call from my surgeons office, they want to move my surgery to either April 2nd or April 16th. I have to see what I can do.

Tania
okay i'm lost.. what surgery?
Sorry, i must of missed something! I was working a ton of hrs!
lisarenee is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:48 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.