Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 01:27 PM   #661
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
finishing off my 2nd bag of tuna. yum...not!
!! I had ground beef/pork for dinner--and I found a 10% fat one instead of 20%--no diff. in taste but you def notice the less fat on the pan. Kinda still hungry tho--or maybe that's hungry again!-I've been debating whether to boil an egg or just have tea!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2010, 02:10 PM   #662
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Thanks Al. I think I need to thin out the chicken breasts before cooking to keep them moist. I did the last batch in a crock pot with 99% fat free chicken stock and they were like cardboard

So today I took the whole batch, ground them up in my food processor and threw them into a pot with chicken stock and rosemary and will have some soup for lunch.

Getting in the water and EXERCISE is still a challenge but I am making some progress
Chicken comes out dry in the slow cooker due to the lack of "fat" . the fattier the meat, the more moist it is. . That is the reason I never cook thawed chicken in the slow cooker - also you want to keep watch on the amount of time. .

The grill works best. Hubby has the timing down pat. .and the thicker the better. Use a meat thermometer, cook to 180, remove from grill and let the chicken "rest" for about 10 minutes and they will be as juicy as ever. You also don't want to continously turn them. I read somewhere (with steak) that you only turn them once when cooking. .the juices settle and when you keep turning them, it comes out. . Move them all over the grill but don't turn them! It works. .try it. . . Makes me want to go make some now. . C
Old 03-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #663
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
yeah for you!!

Still not taking vitamins-hanging my head in shame, Im2!!

No comment from this peanut gallery. .however. . I still haven't been sick all winter. . flu and colds all around me. .
Old 03-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #664
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh you traitor!!! So now I'm the only one!!!

Yay, Al!! GT will get there. . hehehehhe
Old 03-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #665
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm not going to mention that my scale is really, really stupid and it makes me mad. I know I should hide it but I do worse when I don't know. . Now, as sad as this sounds. I'm hoping its TOM
Old 03-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #666
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I'm not going to mention that my scale is really, really stupid and it makes me mad. I know I should hide it but I do worse when I don't know. . Now, as sad as this sounds. I'm hoping its TOM
awwwwww IM2. This really rots. are you sure you got the right medicine? Im feeling really bad. Dont give up though! We are gonna work this out! Blood, sweat, and tears!
Old 03-13-2010, 02:33 PM   #667
Blabbermouth!!!

Do you grill the chicken breast with the bone? or boneless? I cant even get it right on the grill...
Old 03-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #668
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al: Are you taking your vitamins on an empty stomach? (may be the reason they are making you feel bad. .) . . You really should take them with a meal. . And, I must admit. you are correct about the Fish Oil. . I'm going to finish this bottle and stick with the Flax Oil . I think they have some of the same benefits, anyway! Seriously, you need vitamins to stay healthy, rejuvinate your cells which may help with the "skin" situation. .
Old 03-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #669
Blabbermouth!!!

Im gonna start tanning on Monday!!! Whats everyone's opinion on that? Tanning always made me feel better and thinner, but hubby is very upset with my decison. I just dont want to go to the caribbean and get sun poisoning!!! i need a base!! Tanning conceals my stretch marks a bit too....just a bit.

Ive just been so digustingly honest with you guys. Sorry for all the gory details...
Old 03-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #670
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al: Are you taking your vitamins on an empty stomach? (may be the reason they are making you feel bad. .) . . You really should take them with a meal. . And, I must admit. you are correct about the Fish Oil. . I'm going to finish this bottle and stick with the Flax Oil . I think they have some of the same benefits, anyway! Seriously, you need vitamins to stay healthy, rejuvinate your cells which may help with the "skin" situation. .
Ive tried, before I eat, after I eat and right before bed. If I can fall asleep before the nausea hits, then Im good to go. It'll help my skin??? Oh Im there. Must pop pills. must pop pills..
Old 03-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #671
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Im gonna start tanning on Monday!!! Whats everyone's opinion on that? Tanning always made me feel better and thinner, but hubby is very upset with my decison. I just dont want to go to the caribbean and get sun poisoning!!! i need a base!! Tanning conceals my stretch marks a bit too....just a bit.

Ive just been so digustingly honest with you guys. Sorry for all the gory details...

That's what we are here for! . .
Tanning. . . ouch! I'm the whitest woman you ever want to meet. .While I love the sun, I don't do much of the worshipping . . I have very bad genes (my mom's side) . .My mom and my sister's used to purposely go out and "burn" to get a base every, single year. . My mom has terrible skin these days. .and my sister is looking older by the minute! I know the tanning part looks wonderful but I can't say I think highly of tanning beds. . they kinda scare me. . I know a lot of people love going but too much ultraviolet. . Have you looked into getting spray tanned? I hear it looks great!!

Sorry to be a downer. .just my opinion. .
Old 03-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #672
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ive tried, before I eat, after I eat and right before bed. If I can fall asleep before the nausea hits, then Im good to go. It'll help my skin??? Oh Im there. Must pop pills. must pop pills..
Yes. . its good for cell rejuvnination - hair - nails!
Old 03-13-2010, 02:56 PM   #673
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Do you grill the chicken breast with the bone? or boneless? I cant even get it right on the grill...
I mainly do boneless, skinless. .but if you do get the chicken breast with the bone and skin. .grill them how they come. .let them rest and then take the skin off. . They do come very moist that way too!
Old 03-13-2010, 02:58 PM   #674
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Sorry to be a downer. .just my opinion. .
I value your opinion!!! Every year I try not to go to the tanning beds and every year I say it'll be my last. (kinda like my dieting mentality) I like the beds because its quick and overall coverage. I dont tan easily- very fair skin, but with the right lotions and a lot of work, I can usually pull off a slightly sunburned look. Now that I think of it, its probably a waste of my time and money, and health. I should try the professional spray tan though... the do it yourself stuff makes me striped orange- yuck.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #675
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

You mean on a sunbed??? No don't! Buy a bottle of fake tan!! It's very very very bad for your skin!!
Now says she---who absolutely looooooves sunbeds and who used to use them in her early twenties!! OMG as soon as they invent safe ones that don't give you wrinkles or aother things--then I am soooo back!!
No seriously, it is really bad for you. It depletes your collagen too. But I'm so with you on having a tan making you feel better--I have really white skin--hate it--and in the sun I burn but on sunbeds I went brown(well for me) no actually I was-I have photos to prove it!!
Gosh I do love sunbeds-so warm, so bright, so cocooning....aaaagh

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 03-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #676
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
... the do it yourself stuff makes me striped orange- yuck.
I use Fake Bake--I find it is def the best-believe me I've tried them all--have done since I was 15!
Old 03-13-2010, 03:04 PM   #677
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I dont tan easily- very fair skin, but with the right lotions and a lot of work, I can usually pull off a slightly sunburned look.
That's exactely me!!! I had to work hard at those sunbeds!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #678
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
and every year I say it'll be my last. (kinda like my dieting mentality)
Ah but this will be your last ever diet--we people are getting to goal and staying there-FOREVER!
Old 03-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #679
Big Yapper!!!!

I just had tea and a turkey breast-cos I'm sure yall wanted to know!!-and actually I could have eaten a second one---I just seem to be hungry lately---the magic powers of Stillmans better not be wearing off!!
Old 03-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #680
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
tanning beds = cancer in a box. Get a good spray tan instead. Go outside when the sun is shining fora little bit. Change your light bulbs in the house to "full spectrum" bulbs (they DO make a difference on how you feel!)

NO NO NO to tanning beds!!!!

I tan fairly easily but am careful in the sun (no so when I was younger). The cell damage, the WRINKLES, the possibility of melanoma makes me more careful now.

Sharon
Old 03-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #681
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks guys!!!! The Fake Bake sounds goods. (gotta be if thats what the celebritys are using..and GT) Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Do you use the spray or lotion?
Old 03-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #682
Big Yapper!!!!

The lotion. I got the aerosol spray and I know everyone says they're better but it just went all over the place-even to the bottom of my feet!! I exfoliate first-hard, especially ankles, and elbows and knees-that's so imprtant-actually do it for a few days before you begin. Then def use the gloves-and I roll them up to below my wrist nearest my hand. Then after you've done everywhere except your hands put a small amount of lotion on a make-up remover pad and sweep it lightly over your hand with your fingers kind of bent(otherwise you'll have white knuckles and don't forget to go down the sides of your hans(the fatter bit on the outside.) The same with the toes--a remover pad swept lighly over them too.
The other good thing is tho-there's a lotion for fair skin--it's meant to be put on every night for a few nights to build up a light colour-I use it sometimes in the Winter on my arms, chest and face, just to take the white glow away!!----Anyway if you use that for a couple of nights first and then move onto the normal one any mistakes won't be as obvious because your base skin colour won't be as white!
But I reckon you guys have proffesional spray tan of Fake-Bake-so get one of those! I know some places in England do it. We mostly use St. Tropez but it's colour is just way to "golden". Fake Bake has a slight " red muddy" colour to it---and I mean that in a good way!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #683
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh yeah and be prepared to have mega dirty sheets!! It is really brown--you shower it off in the morning! But it comes off the sheets in a normal wash so don't worry!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #684
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yay, Al!! GT will get there. . hehehehhe
I just copped on to that now!! I am a bit slow!!!(in more ways than one!)
Old 03-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #685
Blabbermouth!!!

I knew it was too good to be true. So much dirty work. Darn. I will totally mess it up. But Im still keeping it as an option! Its really expensive too! yikes.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:58 PM   #686
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I just had tea and a turkey breast-cos I'm sure yall wanted to know!!-and actually I could have eaten a second one---I just seem to be hungry lately---the magic powers of Stillmans better not be wearing off!!
Im so hungry too!!! We're good to go as long as its meat, meat, meat! Have another!!
Old 03-13-2010, 03:59 PM   #687
Blabbermouth!!!

Whos sick of crazy cave lady?
Old 03-13-2010, 04:04 PM   #688
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
Ok, I have to say I felt saline implants and I knew right then I would get silicone one. It was like she had rocks for boobs. (I had been drinking and it was New Orleans). If you are in South Eastern Michigan in May. We have a women's expo, last year I modeled a swimsuit and go to get one for free. It was those Miracle suits. I love it.

Food is good today salad and chicken. Lots of water. I hope the scale starts moving so I can get to my goal for surgery.

Tania
Old 03-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #689
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah it is expensive!! Especially cos a bottle doesn't really last that long-and def not if you were using it all over-I don't- just on the bits you can see!!
I've had my meat-fill for the day! I'm off to bed! Nite nite! Surprise me with a new avi in the morning!!
Old 03-13-2010, 04:24 PM   #690
Blabbermouth!!!

Im going to New orleans to touch me some boobs! woohoo! I cant wait to get to Victoria Secrets and try me on a push up bikini! Awesome!

You can do it Tania!!!!!
Closed Thread