Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 08:02 AM   #631
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
If I may offer my thoughts....I have made some tough decisions in the past regarding pets. I have lost some at home, and I have also made decisions to end suffering. You should not feel guilty about taking Nalas pain away. The vets will do everything they can to keep her going, and keep on charging, regardless of what the outcome is, but will she be better off? If this was a young dog, then I would absolutely agree to tests/surgeries. I would want the same for myself. If I have no quality of life, I would want to peacefully and painlessly go to sleep. I hope when my time comes, this is an option.

Whatever decison you make, its gonna be tough, but know that you did everything you could for the love of your pet. You are a good soul.
Tania, I agree with Al, as hard as it's going to be maybe you should let her go peacefully at home. Either way it's going to be heartbreaking.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2010, 08:03 AM   #632
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
. think grandma from "Something about Mary"! I know you guys like visuals...hahahaha
Too funny!!!!!!!!
P.S. I am sure you do NOT look like that!!
Old 03-13-2010, 08:05 AM   #633
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I'd probably float away out to sea! So scratch that idea...
Old 03-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #634
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Al! Yeah I'd love to touch the fakies too!! I suspect they feel harder than real ones!! The only thing I hate about getting implants would be not be able to breast-feed(even if you still can I just couldn't do it!) but I think I'll need an uplift too so I think you can't anyway cos I think they cut the milk-ducts.
About the skin shrinking back--they say it does take a year-with exercise too. I think the reason behind the exercise is that it builds up muscle and so fills out the skin slightly. Here's hoping. You're young so I def think it will. I can see mine getting a lot better in the last couple of months. There's no comparison. There was a while there when I had kind of lose skin on the insides of my thighs and top of my stomach but it really is nearly gone. Ok I wouldn't be wearing a bikin yet! but I reckon it will go completely. I know my boobs won't snap back tho. I hope my arms do-I have "weird skin" on the inside near my bust. I used oil and cream from day1 so I'm hoping it'll pay off. As I said tho I really do have my Mum to thank!! Did your tummy snap back after the children? If it did then that's a good indication of how elastic your skin is!!
Seriously I have googled loose skin soo often because I really thought I was gonna have loads---and we have done everything right--lots of protein and good fat (was one of the reasons I decided on the hugh-protein diet cos it said it's best for your skin-lose more fat, less muscle) It's why I wouldn't do that inches-off diet from Stilman cos there's no protein in it at all.
And I keep telling myself that the reason I'm not losing any more inches(seriously I'm not) is bacause my body is giving itself a chance to tone up before it loses any more!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 03-13-2010, 08:49 AM   #635
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi Al! Yeah I'd love to touch the fakies too!! I suspect they feel harder than real ones!! The only thing I hate about getting implants would be not be able to breast-feed(even if you still can I just couldn't do it!) but I think I'll need an uplift too so I think you can't anyway cos I think they cut the milk-ducts.
About the skin shrinking back--they say it does take a year-with exercise too. I think the reason behind the exercise is that it builds up muscle and so fills out the skin slightly. Here's hoping. You're young so I def think it will. I can see mine getting a lot better in the last couple of months. There's no comparison. There was a while there when I had kind of lose skin on the insides of my thighs and top of my stomach but it really is nearly gone. Ok I wouldn't be wearing a bikin yet! but I reckon it will go completely. I know my boobs won't snap back tho. I hope my arms do-I have "weird skin" on the inside near my bust. I used oil and cream from day1 so I'm hoping it'll pay off. As I said tho I really do have my Mum to thank!! Did your tummy snap back after the children? If it did then that's a good indication of how elastic your skin is!!
Seriously I have googled loose skin soo often because I really thought I was gonna have loads---and we have done everything right--lots of protein and good fat (was one of the reasons I decided on the hugh-protein diet cos it said it's best for your skin-lose more fat, less muscle) It's why I wouldn't do that inches-off diet from Stilman cos there's no protein in it at all.
And I keep telling myself that the reason I'm not losing any more inches(seriously I'm not) is bacause my body is giving itself a chance to tone up before it loses any more!!

Thanks so much for the insight and encouraging words! If I were you, I would wait until after you are done having kids for the implants. Not only for health reasons for the babies, but you will probably undue the great results from the surgery. Breastfeeding killed my boobs and changed them forever. (its all worth it though)

After kids my stomach went back down but I had a pouch under my belly button, eventually it got flatter and flatter. I was 194-195 with my son, went down to 130, Went up to 163 with my daughter, and back down to 140's, then ballooned to the 189 from my stats. This is the first time, the skin is loose. Like shrively, above my belly button, and under it. Its also shrively inside my thighs, and my armpit (ther front where you can see).

It makes sense what you said about building muscle to fill it in/stretch it out....humph...but that means getting bigger again too. In any event, firm and bigger is probably better than skin and bones... I love be smaller now, but Im dreading showing these areas when the sun comes out in a few weeks...
Old 03-13-2010, 10:34 AM   #636
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Day 3 and I am down 7 pounds

I do feel a little sluggish so will add a B Complex to my multi-vitamin and Fish Oil. For those of you doing the Stillman's (protein/meat only) what vitamins/minerals are you taking?

Did anyone else have the urge to go to the scale HOURLY ??

Sharon

Start 256
Day 1 253
Day 3 249
Old 03-13-2010, 10:38 AM   #637
Senior LCF Member

Does anyone have a NO CARB recipe for chicken breasts?? Mine are coming out dry, dry, dry. I add some herbs for flavor but it is hard to eat them.

Thanks
Sharon
Old 03-13-2010, 10:54 AM   #638
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Sharon!!! Congrats on the 7 pounds! Isnt Stillmans great?!?!! The sluggish feeling should be gone by the end of the week. (with or without vitamins) I don't normally take any but Im happy to report (IM2 are you reading) I have taken mine for the last 4 days. Fish oil pills give me nasty burps and I read that you need a bunch of them (like 10 or 12) to get the recommended dose (whatever that is). IM2 is really good about her vitamins. I'll try to find some of her posts.

I took:
a multi
calcium
C
Biotin (for hair and nails)

and if IM2 were around she would tell you to put your chicken or turkey breast, frozen, in a crock pot, with onion soup mix. says its moist everytime!

Ive been slicing them lengthwise and thinning them out and cooking in a pan with Pam Spray and seasoning. Very good. Or cut them up into tiny chunks so they sear and get flavor on all sides. Yum!
Old 03-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #639
Blabbermouth!!!

"Vitamin D is really important . Flax, Fish Oil, Calcium (you don't want to be a hunch-back, do you?). .and several others. Vitamin B will give you more energy. . ." - IM2
Old 03-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #640
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh! One more thing Sharon.... Mustard or hot sauce are great on dried up chicken breast!
Old 03-13-2010, 11:09 AM   #641
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Al. I think I need to thin out the chicken breasts before cooking to keep them moist. I did the last batch in a crock pot with 99% fat free chicken stock and they were like cardboard

So today I took the whole batch, ground them up in my food processor and threw them into a pot with chicken stock and rosemary and will have some soup for lunch.

Getting in the water and EXERCISE is still a challenge but I am making some progress
Old 03-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #642
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Everybody.

Wow everyone is on track and I haven't heard of any cheats so far so we all deserve a

I am 230 today <-------- happy dance!

Swebb I love stillmans's - i am basically living off of chicken breasts and eggs- most of the time a cut up my chicken into chunks or tear them off with my hands and throw them in a pot on the stove salt pepper sometimes lemon juice and cover them up for about 2 or three mins- they taste yummyyyy! or u can do that then mix up some eggs and have scrambled eggs and chicken - that's basically breakfast lunch and dinner for me! Good luck swebb!

OK well for a while now i have to eat my breakfast before I o to work and just take my water all day- then when i get home after a few hours i will have lunch and basically not eating dinner or i am eating lunch at 9 or 9 30 pm. I am just not that hungry!
Old 03-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #643
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Thanks Al. I think I need to thin out the chicken breasts before cooking to keep them moist. I did the last batch in a crock pot with 99% fat free chicken stock and they were like cardboard

So today I took the whole batch, ground them up in my food processor and threw them into a pot with chicken stock and rosemary and will have some soup for lunch.

Getting in the water and EXERCISE is still a challenge but I am making some progress
oooo that soup sounds great! Sure to be a hit!
Old 03-13-2010, 11:32 AM   #644
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Everybody.

Wow everyone is on track and I haven't heard of any cheats so far so we all deserve a

What awesome news! Nermo does it again!!! I am so happy for you!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:28 PM   #645
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah Al, I know the boobs won't be the same after the kids but I've wanted them done for so long, before I put on the weight. Seriously they don't look good-I always have to wear a bra and they're even worse now as i'm flat-chested-what do they call them-dogs ears---oh God!!!!!!! Plus we won't be having babies for a couple of years!! (mm I wouldn't mind them quicker tho!)
Shrively is exactely the word! That's what my thighs and stomach were like! And the inside of my armpits--I really hope that goes. Yeah it seems so unfair that we still can't wear what we want after losing the weight.
Everyone says tho that exercise and toning is key. I don't actually think you get bigger,don't think women do-well except Madonna!! Actually I think it's the opposite-I know that sounds weird-but I've read when people start builing muscle they go down clothing sizes!!!! Don't worry I think yours will snap back too-as will mine!!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:32 PM   #646
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Day 3 and I am down 7 pounds

For those of you doing the Stillman's (protein/meat only) what vitamins/minerals are you taking?
yeah for you!!

Still not taking vitamins-hanging my head in shame, Im2!!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #647
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I don't normally take any but Im happy to report (IM2 are you reading) I have taken mine for the last 4 days.
Oh you traitor!!! So now I'm the only one!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #648
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Calcium (you don't want to be a hunch-back, do you?). . - IM2
See I knew there was a good reason for having my milk in my tea--even if the good Dr. doesn't like!!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #649
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Everybody.

Nope! Cheat-free!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #650
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Everybody.

Dancing with you, Nermo!!!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:44 PM   #651
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yeah Al, I know the boobs won't be the same after the kids but I've wanted them done for so long, before I put on the weight. Seriously they don't look good-I always have to wear a bra and they're even worse now as i'm flat-chested-what do they call them-dogs ears---oh God!!!!!!! Plus we won't be having babies for a couple of years!! (mm I wouldn't mind them quicker tho!)
Shrively is exactely the word! That's what my thighs and stomach were like! And the inside of my armpits--I really hope that goes. Yeah it seems so unfair that we still can't wear what we want after losing the weight.
Everyone says tho that exercise and toning is key. I don't actually think you get bigger,don't think women do-well except Madonna!! Actually I think it's the opposite-I know that sounds weird-but I've read when people start builing muscle they go down clothing sizes!!!! Don't worry I think yours will snap back too-as will mine!!

Your dog ears description was worse than my grannie one.. we are in sad sad shape. But laughing about it!

HERES TO SNAPPING BACK!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #652
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh you traitor!!! So now I'm the only one!!!
Sorry. Im gonna give it a fair shot and try to use them all up. If there are no differneces in a month or two, then thats the end of that.

they upset my stomach, but Im pushing through. Doesnt matter when I take them. They make me sick. I think they are poison...

Last edited by aleriaaa; 03-13-2010 at 12:47 PM..
Old 03-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #653
Big Yapper!!!!

Just another thing on loose skin-then I'll shut up!! Go to Thermage.com and click on photo gallery for body. I really think it's something that could help. I'm gonna look into it for my arms--it's laser, a lot cheaper than surgery and with no scars. Ok it won't work for huge amount of loose skin but for a little bit it looks good!!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #654
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Your dog ears description was worse than my grannie one.. we are in sad sad shape. But laughing about it!

HERES TO SNAPPING BACK!!!
I know!!! But it could be worse!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:58 PM   #655
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Sorry. Im gonna give it a fair shot and try to use them all up. If there are no differneces in a month or two, then thats the end of that.

they upset my stomach, but Im pushing through. Doesnt matter when I take them. They make me sick. I think they are poison...
Yeah I used to have to take iron tablets years ago--it was either that or eat liver but they used to make me so sick! It did get better aftyer a while tho!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:16 PM   #656
Senior LCF Member

I thought lifting weights was supposed to help with bone loss......at least that is what the literature says.....SO if that is true how come I have been "lifting" an extra hundred pound or so for the last 25 years and my bone density test shows a slight bone loss?????? ....sigh

I guess I really do need to add calcium to my daily vitamin/mineral regime.

Sharon (she who HATES taking pills!)
Old 03-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #657
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I thought lifting weights was supposed to help with bone loss......at least that is what the literature says.....SO if that is true how come I have been "lifting" an extra hundred pound or so for the last 25 years and my bone density test shows a slight bone loss?????? ....sigh

I guess I really do need to add calcium to my daily vitamin/mineral regime.

Sharon (she who HATES taking pills!)
I cant wait for you to lose that extra 100!!!! This is your time! Its gonna happen!!! Look how far we've all come. Feel the excitement Sharon!!!

and take your calcium.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:21 PM   #658
Blabbermouth!!!

thermage is actually really cool. thx for posting!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:22 PM   #659
Blabbermouth!!!

finishing off my 2nd bag of tuna. yum...not!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #660
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
thermage is actually really cool. thx for posting!
Yeah it is isn't it!!!!!
Closed Thread