Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #451
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I think i got some chocolate cake up my nostrils i was sniffing sooo hard.. i blew out some frosting yesterday!
Getting there!!! is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,869
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oh Im2---that is your best poem yet!!! You are seriously so talented--you can just rustle them up along with everything else you're doing! I'm gonna print it out and read and put it in the bathroom beside the scale!
Love the Kitty scale---tho no way did darling little Kitty ever weigh 283lbs!!!
OOh.. sorry. . .I sure wish i wrote it. .I didn't . .i stole it from someone and thought it was fitting for us .. we all could use a booste! Long winter. . but sunshiney days are ahead of us!!! Thank you for thinking i was that smart!! Makes me kinda wanna do a dance or something!! :
IM2fat is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #453
Senior LCF Member
 
swebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 929
Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Tomorrow is my "start date" for Stillman's. Soooooo much information on the list (lots of threads)...... Where to begin???? Shopping tonight for meats. I don't like eggs so those are out for me. Any suggestions about Vitamin brands?

Thanks for any push in the right direction

Sharon
swebb is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,869
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Good Afternoon!

It's a beautiful day!!! Much better than yesterday! It is over 50 degrees and nice and warm. I went outside during my lunch break and I did not even have to wear my coat. I think I will be taking my walk today. I need to find the leash and collar for the dog because she is definitely coming with me!!!

I have more energy.... but not quite what it was, but give me another week! My back pain is starting to go away. My heartburn is pretty much gone now.

It is kinda of nice to know what a difference a week make if I listen to my body!

-Dustin
I walked yesterday, Dustin! It was great. . smelled all muddy and murky. . but great just the same.

I would have taken our dog. .but she is stupid.. and I say that in the most loving way. .but she is!!! I have a very old lab who is extremely smart but getting too old to walk too far. He has never been fenced in or tied up since we've had him and he's smart enough to stay in the yard. He sneaks down the driveway at 4:00 every day and goes out just until he can see the road and waits for the kids to get off the bus. It's like his duty or something. I feel bad for him because he's getting hard of hearing and his knees are getting weak.. so I can't take him with me.. My other Dog is a Yorkie and man, are they different. . Very head strong and very "one goal oriented" . . (Maybe she is really the smart one and I am the stupid one - who knows??) She was supposed to be my dog but she likes hubby better.. and you know how he just loves taking a little dog with cutsey barrettes in her hair anywhere.?? hehehe. . it is super funny..if he even goes near his shoes.. she's right at the door waiting to go with him. She stands at the edge of the kitchen and watches him watching TV! (She is not allowed on the carpeting in our house - her boundaries - so she whines until he gets up and gets her to sit in his lap.) She just loves him and could care less about me... . (((((sigh))))) The only other girl in my house and she went over to the man's side! I cant' win. .. Anyway. .sorry off subject there. .


Walk, Walk, Walk. .its the best!
__________________
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "O Crap.. She's up!!!
Please be patient, God isn't finished with me yet.
IM2fat is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,869
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Tomorrow is my "start date" for Stillman's. Soooooo much information on the list (lots of threads)...... Where to begin???? Shopping tonight for meats. I don't like eggs so those are out for me. Any suggestions about Vitamin brands?

Thanks for any push in the right direction

Sharon
Hi Sharon. . .

If you go back to the beginning of this month, I put some hyperlinks of the food plans.. .Review those and pick one! I think most of us are trying to stick with the QWL where Turkey, Chicken and Tuna are always on the menu. .in more ways than one! As far as Vitamins go,. I swear by them but someone (who shall remain nameless, yet) does not take hers like she should. . I think it is important for your overall well being. .especially in the beginning as your body is weaning off carbs. . Check those labels, though. . I found some of them to contain hidden carbs. .evil vitamin makers! Sheesh. . Personally, I take quite a few but a good multi should get you moving. Consider B12 for energy, especially if you are feeling drained.

Al doesnt' eat eggs and she's survived quite nicely. You will see that many of us try different things. Dustin does a tuna fest , we've had Turkey soup weeks and some of us swear by ground burger; however, I would try to reduce your fat to zippo in the beginning to get that jump start.

Ask away. we all love reviewing the plan as it keeps us focused and on top of our game. We have spring fever right now so we are ready to roll. .
IM2fat is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,869
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I gave it up for lent- the true sacrifice here.. I CL!!! Id wear that t-shirt!! Also, I was trying to get it to a true zero carb, but now without the CL, Ive been having a glass of wine evry night. oops- the real confession comes out...:blush:
Ahh. Lent. .makes perfect sense now. .sometimes I'm a little slow
IM2fat is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,869
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post


I could just picture your desk with mugs, and bottles everywhere!!
I'm down to 2. . glug. glug. .glug. .
IM2fat is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 02:12 PM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,869
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
I want to snort frosting! I bet the carb count is a lot lower. .
IM2fat is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #459
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OOh.. sorry. . .I sure wish i wrote it. .I didn't . .i stole it from someone and thought it was fitting for us .. we all could use a booste! Long winter. . but sunshiney days are ahead of us!!! Thank you for thinking i was that smart!! Makes me kinda wanna do a dance or something!! :
You're still smart!! Go on do a dance!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #460
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I walked yesterday, Dustin! It was great. . smelled all muddy and murky. . but great just the same.

I would have taken our dog. .but she is stupid.. and I say that in the most loving way. .but she is!!! I have a very old lab who is extremely smart but getting too old to walk too far. He has never been fenced in or tied up since we've had him and he's smart enough to stay in the yard. He sneaks down the driveway at 4:00 every day and goes out just until he can see the road and waits for the kids to get off the bus. It's like his duty or something. I feel bad for him because he's getting hard of hearing and his knees are getting weak.. so I can't take him with me.. My other Dog is a Yorkie and man, are they different. . Very head strong and very "one goal oriented" . . (Maybe she is really the smart one and I am the stupid one - who knows??) She was supposed to be my dog but she likes hubby better.. and you know how he just loves taking a little dog with cutsey barrettes in her hair anywhere.?? hehehe. . it is super funny..if he even goes near his shoes.. she's right at the door waiting to go with him. She stands at the edge of the kitchen and watches him watching TV! (She is not allowed on the carpeting in our house - her boundaries - so she whines until he gets up and gets her to sit in his lap.) She just loves him and could care less about me... . (((((sigh))))) The only other girl in my house and she went over to the man's side! I cant' win. .. Anyway. .sorry off subject there. .


Walk, Walk, Walk. .its the best!
I enjoyed that!!! I want one of those Maltese-I saw Jessica Simpson had one years ago in her reality tv show called Daisy and I swear I just fell in love-except I want a white one! Can't get until I'm back in Ireland full-time tho! Himself would sooo not look after her!! (cos it will be a girl!)
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #461
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
As far as Vitamins go,. I swear by them but someone (who shall remain nameless, yet) does not take hers like she should. .
.
Me neither!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #462
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I want to snort frosting!
OMG I nearly spewed water over the keyboard!!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #463
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Tomorrow is my "start date" for Stillman's. Soooooo much information on the list (lots of threads)...... Where to begin???? Shopping tonight for meats. I don't like eggs so those are out for me. Any suggestions about Vitamin brands?

Thanks for any push in the right direction

Sharon
Just wanted to say !!! IM2 gave a great rundown, and the only thing I wanted to add was that some like to start the night before. Not only for the jump start, or to keep us away from our "last carby sinful meal", but its a good idea to be meat only going into the night to sleep off some cravings, rather than trying to start fresh for breakfast. (I thnk this was tealadys idea) really glad you are here! You will get awesome results just like the rest of us!!!
aleriaaa is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #464
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I want to snort frosting! I bet the carb count is a lot lower. .
You never cease to make us giggle.... coffee just spewed from ma nose!!
aleriaaa is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #465
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
IM2 and GT - I had an evil yorkie devil dog. she was a vicious, cranky, yipping, ankle biter. period. I thought she was all cute and sweet when I brought her home at 2 pounds. Nope.. Never liked me..just my Mom. Im scarred from teenie tiny dogs, but maltese are real adorable too!

If I can ever convince hubby, we'll be getting a weimaraner. That is after we get our new house with acres of backyard.... (taking a step away to daydream a bit)
aleriaaa is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #466
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
just finished my delicious salt and pepperd chicken breast. yum.
aleriaaa is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #467
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
how many days before I can have ground beef again people?? i feel like a starving person!!
aleriaaa is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 05:06 PM   #468
Senior LCF Member
 
MustLoveDogs08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 404
Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I am so excited for you Kathy! This is awesome news!!!! Great stats, exercise!!!! You go!!
Thanks Al....BUT...(big but...no pun intended) I had my first major cheat today in over 8 weeks. Was at a meeting and for some reason, could NOT resist the garlic rolls at lunch. Same meeting place I was at last month and wasn't even tempted. Lunch was pretty legal...grilled salmon and steamed brocoli. Then after lunch they bring out this plate of WARM chocolate chip cookies. Well, I had two of those! I did however do my power sculpting workout when I got home (day 2 for that)! I'm drinking tons and will try to NOT eat tonight, but I feel sooooooooooo guilty...
Kath
MustLoveDogs08 is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #469
Senior LCF Member
 
MustLoveDogs08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 404
Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Oh..poor you.... I love pickle juice...I can drink it right out of the bottle!
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....Bloody Mary's and pickles!
MustLoveDogs08 is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #470
Senior LCF Member
 
MustLoveDogs08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 404
Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
IM2. I just reread your poem (again!) and it is really fabulous.
Ditto....
MustLoveDogs08 is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #471
Senior LCF Member
 
MustLoveDogs08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 404
Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
IM2 and GT - I had an evil yorkie devil dog. she was a vicious, cranky, yipping, ankle biter. period. I thought she was all cute and sweet when I brought her home at 2 pounds. Nope.. Never liked me..just my Mom. Im scarred from teenie tiny dogs, but maltese are real adorable too!

If I can ever convince hubby, we'll be getting a weimaraner. That is after we get our new house with acres of backyard.... (taking a step away to daydream a bit)
Careful...Weims are VERY hyper and have lots of anxiety issues! I have a lab, a labradoodle and an old Jack Russell Terrier... The two big ones think they are lap dogs like the terrier! My doodle doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body and doesn't shed!!!!!!!
K
MustLoveDogs08 is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 08:57 PM   #472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,869
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustLoveDogs08 View Post
Careful...Weims are VERY hyper and have lots of anxiety issues! I have a lab, a labradoodle and an old Jack Russell Terrier... The two big ones think they are lap dogs like the terrier! My doodle doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body and doesn't shed!!!!!!!
K
We thought about a doodle (in fact. .that is my yorkie's name: Doodles!) . .but decided to wait. . I've never had an indoor dog before Doodles and am still getting used to her after a year. . I'm not much for the slobber, pee, poop or hair. . She doesn't shed but she brings every single thing in from outside.. She's like a leaf magnet. .cute as all heck but needy! Mine is not yappy or aggressive in the least but I think that's because I crated her when she was a baby (still do at night as she will "sneak" on the carpeting even though she knows she's not allowed - never during the day but always at night).. I also stopped her from barking immediately and my kids carried her around like a baby (on her back) from the minute she came home. The only thing about her is she still doesn't signal when she has to go out. . (no barking may be the problem. .I may have over-corrected her IDK). . so we have to be on top of her and make sure she goes out regularly. .. I can clean up all the baby poop, slobber, vomit and messes. .but not an animal. .Crazy but I'm weird like that! .
We used to raise Labs and I was always partial to the chocolate ones! Wonder why? My female was the best dog I ever had. .most loyal . we never had to tie her up either. .on command, she would open the door to her kennel and go in for the night. The only downfall is all the shedding they do. .I could never have one in the house. . too big and too hairy.. We will have to re-visit the doodle . . Max is getting up there in years. . He's just such a gentle, fun dog that I hate to see him go.

OK. .back to business guys. .I struck the mother load tonight

Was at Walmart buying stuff for a luncheon I have to put together tomorrow. . They ask the girl on a diet to plan the board luncheon!! How dumb is that?. . So I got a huge carb=laden meal and I'll secretly laugh when they all start rubbing their bellies and I'll watch for tell-tale signs of bloat! I did put 3 bouquets of flowers (they were $5.00 each. . how could I not?) on the tab and I will promptly take one or two home afterwards. . My reward for putting up with all the BS. . Sometimes these things really rub me the wrong way. . I have to plan the meal, set up the meeting, do all the paperwork, take notes through the meeting, look cute (that's the hard part), smile all nice and friendly at the board, pretend I am really, really interested in what they have to say, dismiss everyone, clean up the mess and deal with all the leftover food. .without eating a piece! OMG. .if this isn't the rant TO top all rants. . the only saving grace to my whole night. . (the mother load part!). . Was the deli was closing for the night and they marked all their rotissiere chickens down to $1.39 EAch! I promptly snatched the last 5 lemon pepper ones. . just finished de-boning and packaging for my wonderful lunch tomorrow! How lucky am I? the only thing that would burst my bubble faster than a rainstorm during a picnic, would be for someone to tell me they inject those things with carbs!!! NOOOOooo . Say it isn't so!!! They are the most wonderful smelling, moist looking, wonderful tasting pieces I've had in a long time!! I thought of you,
Al. .while I was deboning/skinning but couldn't bring myself to make soup. .Max got a fine, fine meal tonight and was extra thankful!

Anway, that's my story for today. . I hate to admit, but I typed all this merely because I was craving the Cashews my kids were eating. . I think they are gone now so I can let you people rest for the night. Thank you for letting me go on and on. . I needed it because I am staying strong and I shall not be led into temptation!

Rock, on. .Losers!

Last edited by IM2fat; 03-09-2010 at 09:01 PM..
IM2fat is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #473
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,869
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustLoveDogs08 View Post
Thanks Al....BUT...(big but...no pun intended) I had my first major cheat today in over 8 weeks. Was at a meeting and for some reason, could NOT resist the garlic rolls at lunch. Same meeting place I was at last month and wasn't even tempted. Lunch was pretty legal...grilled salmon and steamed brocoli. Then after lunch they bring out this plate of WARM chocolate chip cookies. Well, I had two of those! I did however do my power sculpting workout when I got home (day 2 for that)! I'm drinking tons and will try to NOT eat tonight, but I feel sooooooooooo guilty...
Kath

You know what. . .The brocoli cancels out the cookies so I think you are OK. .Especially if you ate them warm. .cooking also cancels out more calories.. Green cancels out anything brown. . . Just in case you were wondering. .
IM2fat is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #474
Senior LCF Member
 
paleopaleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 234
Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Hi everyone! Just stopping by quickly to see how everyone is faring. The thread grows so darn quickly, I can't keep up just reading it casually.

As for me, I'm still going strong. I have however decided to stop doing the full-on P90X program for now as I was gaining muscle with it, but not losing blubber fast enough for my mid-May deadline.

Instead, I'm doing an alternating mix of fasted HIIT, strength training with dumbbells, slow-burn cardio on a stepper, and my own, less intensive calisthenics routine. I'm also eating extremely clean and VLC with macro ratios of about 5% carbs, 55% protein and 40% fat, at about 1200-1400 total cals a day. Plus lots of green tea of course! So I'm not totally doing Stillman's, but not too far from it.

So far this new plan is working great and I've started seeing downward movement on the scale again (woohoo!), as well as about an inch lost around my waist. My goal is to get as lean as possible first and then work on getting ultra fit with P90X.

Hope everyone is still staying motivated to beat this chub. Let's keep on truckin'!
paleopaleo is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #475
Senior LCF Member
 
paleopaleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 234
Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
We thought about a doodle (in fact. .that is my yorkie's name: Doodles!) . .but decided to wait. . I've never had an indoor dog before Doodles and am still getting used to her after a year. . I'm not much for the slobber, pee, poop or hair. . She doesn't shed but she brings every single thing in from outside.. She's like a leaf magnet. .cute as all heck but needy! Mine is not yappy or aggressive in the least but I think that's because I crated her when she was a baby (still do at night as she will "sneak" on the carpeting even though she knows she's not allowed - never during the day but always at night).. I also stopped her from barking immediately and my kids carried her around like a baby (on her back) from the minute she came home. The only thing about her is she still doesn't signal when she has to go out. . (no barking may be the problem. .I may have over-corrected her IDK). . so we have to be on top of her and make sure she goes out regularly. .. I can clean up all the baby poop, slobber, vomit and messes. .but not an animal. .Crazy but I'm weird like that! .
We used to raise Labs and I was always partial to the chocolate ones! Wonder why? My female was the best dog I ever had. .most loyal . we never had to tie her up either. .on command, she would open the door to her kennel and go in for the night. The only downfall is all the shedding they do. .I could never have one in the house. . too big and too hairy.. We will have to re-visit the doodle . . Max is getting up there in years. . He's just such a gentle, fun dog that I hate to see him go.

OK. .back to business guys. .I struck the mother load tonight

Was at Walmart buying stuff for a luncheon I have to put together tomorrow. . They ask the girl on a diet to plan the board luncheon!! How dumb is that?. . So I got a huge carb=laden meal and I'll secretly laugh when they all start rubbing their bellies and I'll watch for tell-tale signs of bloat! I did put 3 bouquets of flowers (they were $5.00 each. . how could I not?) on the tab and I will promptly take one or two home afterwards. . My reward for putting up with all the BS. . Sometimes these things really rub me the wrong way. . I have to plan the meal, set up the meeting, do all the paperwork, take notes through the meeting, look cute (that's the hard part), smile all nice and friendly at the board, pretend I am really, really interested in what they have to say, dismiss everyone, clean up the mess and deal with all the leftover food. .without eating a piece! OMG. .if this isn't the rant TO top all rants. . the only saving grace to my whole night. . (the mother load part!). . Was the deli was closing for the night and they marked all their rotissiere chickens down to $1.39 EAch! I promptly snatched the last 5 lemon pepper ones. . just finished de-boning and packaging for my wonderful lunch tomorrow! How lucky am I? the only thing that would burst my bubble faster than a rainstorm during a picnic, would be for someone to tell me they inject those things with carbs!!! NOOOOooo . Say it isn't so!!! They are the most wonderful smelling, moist looking, wonderful tasting pieces I've had in a long time!! I thought of you,
Al. .while I was deboning/skinning but couldn't bring myself to make soup. .Max got a fine, fine meal tonight and was extra thankful!

Anway, that's my story for today. . I hate to admit, but I typed all this merely because I was craving the Cashews my kids were eating. . I think they are gone now so I can let you people rest for the night. Thank you for letting me go on and on. . I needed it because I am staying strong and I shall not be led into temptation!

Rock, on. .Losers!
Oh my gosh, what a day you've had IM! Here's to lots of delicious, inexpensive lemon pepper chicken and happy pups.
paleopaleo is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 11:02 PM   #476
Senior LCF Member
 
paleopaleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 234
Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
DONT QUIT

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,
And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
When you want to give up just because you gave in,
And forgot all about being healthy and thin.
So what! you went over your allowance a bit.
It's your next move that counts....SO DON'T YOU QUIT!

It's a moment of truth, it's attitude and change.
It's learning the skills to get back in your range. It's telling yourself 'you've done great up till' now',
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow.

It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.
You're still gonna' make it, just stay in control.
To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
If you summon the will to get back in the race.
But often the struggler's, when losing their grip,
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip...

SO DON'T YOU QUIT!!!

You can do it Peeps! I'm right there with you. . Lets commit to get fit and stay on plan !! Who's in?

My Kitty is watching. .
LOVE this! Thanks so much for posting it.
paleopaleo is offline  
Old 03-10-2010, 02:22 AM   #477
Senior LCF Member
 
MustLoveDogs08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 404
Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
You know what. . .The brocoli cancels out the cookies so I think you are OK. .Especially if you ate them warm. .cooking also cancels out more calories.. Green cancels out anything brown. . . Just in case you were wondering. .
Thank you sweetie...I needed that!

And PS....WTG on the chicken! I wonder what time our deli closes????
MustLoveDogs08 is offline  
Old 03-10-2010, 06:36 AM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,869
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
OK. .Crabby day! I am up 6 pounds!!! What is going on? . I'm getting to my breaking point. . I really, really am. . .I'll stay strong because I have to at this point but I am just at a loss. (I'm going to blame PMS. . but I think its too early. ).I haven't weighed in a few days and thought. . What the heck. .

Me thinks my body is allergic to meat? Perhaps.. I won't be tempted by all the lovely food at today's lunch. .I won't, I won't. . I don't want the 6 to become 12.

Keep after me.. I just can't give up now I have too much invested. . I'll check back later today. And, I do so apologize for my "book" yesterday.. therapuetic for me. .
IM2fat is offline  
Old 03-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #479
Senior LCF Member
 
lisarenee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pella, IA
Posts: 556
Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Oh IM- ((HUGS)) I am up too, but i was a very naughty girl! I wont get into it, but wow... back on though and doing well! went to the gym last night and will go again. My days are so hectic. I am only seeing Chris for 15 minutes in the eve when he gets off wk and then 15 minutes before he heads to bed and i go to my last client of the eve house! So i just aint getting any LMAO.. so i got my grub on instead! .. not good! oh well.. lesson learned! Hope everyone else is doing great. I wish I could spend more time on the group. Hopefully ppl will get back from vacation soon and i will be back to regular hrs! right now i am scheduled.. yeah scheduled OT.. that's crazy! and i am on call 24/7! oh well the life of a traveling nurse! ttyl
__________________
~Lisa Renee~
lisarenee is offline  
Old 03-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #480
Senior LCF Member
 
dlyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 501
Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Good Afternoon!

I had a short walk yesterday. It started drizzling and I cut my walk short! The dog really loved to smell everything! We haven't gone for a walk since last November and I think we both missed that!

It rained overnight and the ground is still damp. I'm still planning to walk tonight after work. I just need to do at least 30 minutes. My back is still bothering me. I expect it to start feeling better soon after I start moving around more.

IM, hang in there!!

-Dustin
dlyons is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.