Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #361
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Missy!!!! Also wanted to add that your stats look amzing!!!! So much weight gone, in such a short time! Yippee Skippy!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2010, 01:57 PM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Thanks IM2! I really appreciate the time you took to look out for me. I still have lots of pondering and diet soul-searching to do!

....Why does packaged tuna have to be so darn expensive!!!! $3 something for 5 measly ozs!!!! on sale!!!! I hate opening and draining cans at work. Argh!
I guess I'm lucky. .My Dollar Store (dollar Tree) carries it. . I usually buy it by the case and keep some in my desk drawer. . .Speaking of. .I better go stock up, then! Try Dollar Tree Direct and see if you can order it on-line. . I order stuff from there all the time for work and for myself. I buy bulk because I hate running out of dish soap, fabric softener, etc. . Try it. .you never know what you can get . .
Old 03-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
hi Stevie!

Hey Missy! welcome back! YES. Some of us have done all turkey all week. Maybe even weeks! Dont forget to boil them bones to make some soup!! Turkey works wonders!
and don't forget you can have turkey sandwiches. . minus the bread (syc). . Turkey for breakfast. . turkey for lunch. . a little turkey here. . a little turkey there. . You can have turkey most anywhere. .

Sorry. .I got carried away. . I love turkey. .
Old 03-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #364
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: missy30567
Stats: 212/179/145
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: Feb. 16, 2010
Thanks everyone Its Turkey for dinner, and on and on I will keep you posted on my weight
Old 03-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #365
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: missy30567
Stats: 212/179/145
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: Feb. 16, 2010
BtW My stats are not accurate I lost some of my weight before on ******* just restarted on here I need to change that sorry
Old 03-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #366
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I guess I'm lucky. .My Dollar Store (dollar Tree) carries it. . I usually buy it by the case and keep some in my desk drawer. . .Speaking of. .I better go stock up, then! Try Dollar Tree Direct and see if you can order it on-line. . I order stuff from there all the time for work and for myself. I buy bulk because I hate running out of dish soap, fabric softener, etc. . Try it. .you never know what you can get . .
Great idea!! THX!
Old 03-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #367
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy30567 View Post
BtW My stats are not accurate I lost some of my weight before on ******* just restarted on here I need to change that sorry
No biggie!! Just glad you came back to us!!
Old 03-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
Hi everyone, sorry not on for a few day. I am trying to be good but struggling. I have friends over today and we went to a county smoke house store. I think I tried one to may pieces of jerky. No fillers so I did buy a little.

Tania
Old 03-07-2010, 02:57 AM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
Hiya guys! I lost us somewhere! I thought what happened to all the people?!? Well I have been super busy at work! Now that the weather is better I have more clients than ever! I am back on the LC wagon! YAY! Not completely Stillmans, a variation of it. The Doc said to make sure I get a bit more fat a few leafy greens. Turns out I am hypoglycemic. With all the medical stuff out of the way I am ready to lose again! WOO HOO! I sure missed you guys. I will try to read the posts, but have been working 14 to 16 hr days! Forgive me...
Hey Lisa! Glad you're back with us.
Kathy
Old 03-07-2010, 03:02 AM   #370
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
O Al. . Seriously, you will have to start adding something back into your diet. . if not for your health. . than your sanity!! It has been a while since I reviewed South Beach but I know Atkins suggests starting off wiht 5 additional carbs a day. I think you start at 30 and gradually add 5 until you see a slight gain. . then you taper off. That way you have an idea what your body can burn without gaining. I think in your case, vegetables and fiberous fruit would be in order. Lettuce has basically None and you can have salad dressing. . there are a lot that have close to none. .. .People doing induction on Atkins still lose and eat up to 3 cups a day (Veggies) along with nuts and some fruit. . It'll be a learning experience, but you can do it. I suggest getting going to the library and getting a few books.. I researched my but off in the beginning.. . Plus, you appear to have wonderful metabolism so even if you do gain a little, it'll come off in no time. You know how to do it and you've proven to have the will power of a saint.

I hear ya on the no carb thing.. I was so good for so long but then I hit a few speed bumps.. It still freaks me out to think I haven't had bread since July or I haven't eaten a donut or haven't had potatoes. . I would never believe it myself. .

I'm off to the store for more needed meat supplies! I'm going to think on this, Al and see what else I can come up with. . I like the South Beach idea, though. . it is lower fat than Atkins and it does make sense.. Good Luck to you. . .Start eating veggies. . you really want to be "used" to a little something before you go. . wouldn't want you to be sick on Vacation!
I totally agree! I started off this year with SouthBeach! It really makes a lot of sense...low fat meats, good grains, beans, low GI vegies. You WON'T overdo...you are way too disciplined!
Kath

Last edited by MustLoveDogs08; 03-07-2010 at 03:06 AM..
Old 03-07-2010, 06:15 AM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hello

Just checking in new stats 233.6

Let the countdown begin !!!
Old 03-07-2010, 08:35 AM   #372
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi Al!! I'm with Im2-your gonna have to eat veggies sometime!! How are gonna get the kids to eat them if Mom doesn't!!
Seriously tho I totally understand you being worried about the vacation and maintenace. I think you should start adding some back in before you go. Start with salad-lettuce and co. has really no carbs in it. (I think a whole cucumber has 6grms) so you'll still be under the 20g of Atkins induction. Or brocoli and cauliflower have very little too. Add them in slowly then a few lower-carb fruits-berries and watermelon as far as I know. Then lastly the wholegrains!
I know you have no health worries or anything, but eating no veggies long-term just can't be good, you get no antioxidants and very few vitamins. And eating so much red meat. I know people stay on Atkins for years but I think the mainteance part actually says eat the veggies, fruit, wholegrain and lower the fat--saturated fat can't be good long term-it just can't. (and with that "you" I mean "one"-us, all of us!)
If you eat the veggies you won't gain-yeah we all weigh slightly less than we really do, if you get me!, because of the water but what you gain won't be fat. And I lost my weight eating the salads!
I think tho more importantly than the weight is that you should really enjoy your vacation and time with hubby. You shouldn't be worrying about what you can and can't eat. I know it's hard, believe me.
And just to say we went to France last Summer and I hadn't cheated since Nov.(well xmas day!)--I was eating the salad tho--and I bought an ice-cream-I took 3 licks of it and then threw it away-then I cried because I felt so bad for cheating. And every evening we went out I would be upset because the salads all had things I couldn't eat-and god forbid when we went somewhere that had none!!!! I actually sat and drank fizzty water while himself had is dinner!! And the same at breakfast--fizzy water and tea while everyone else gorged on croissants! And yeah I didn't put on any weight and kept completely to plan---but it was no holiday, not for me or for him.
So I do get that you're worried, I really do. I'm probably a little more relaxed about it now-às in I don't cry when we go out to eat and there is something that's on the plate that shouldn't-I dunno how many times I have sent things back-with I said NO dressing AT ALL!!---or maybe my willpower reserve is just depleted!!! All I can say is try to eat as healthy as you can when you're there-I would reckon that will be easy enough, won't there be lots of fruit and salad and fresh fish?? And tell yourself brfore you so that you'll have one "cheat" -hate using that word- a day, either a cocktail or a desert or whatever you like! I think it maybe will be easier that way.
And I really don't think you'll put on any "real" weight. And as Im2 says you have a seriously brilliant metabolism---I can't believe you lost all that weight, and still lose with no exercise!!----so a week or two on QWL and you'll have lost it again.
Oh yeah and my no1 tip is def stay away from all salad dressings!! Those things are cal overload!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 03-07-2010 at 09:13 AM..
Old 03-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nermo! You are burning it up!! Awesome Awesome. Awesome.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #374
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you guys, for your advice and support!!! I really appreciate it!! ivve been gone all day celebrting my bros bday, and now Im off with hubby cause my Mom is gonna babysit- woohoo!!

I had bacon today.. Enough said about that, BUT- I bought 10 packages of tuna for the coming week!!!! Tuna, Chicken, tuna, chicken, tuna, chicken. Right?!!!
Old 03-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Hey everyone this is my weekend to work so guess what I've been doing..lol Well i did have time between clients for groceries and i picked up chicken breast, canned chicken, and tuna. I have some lean ground beef still and i picked up a new flavor of crystal light too! Well gotta run ttyl!
Old 03-07-2010, 08:16 PM   #376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al/Lisa! What nspiration.. I'm so on your tuna/chix bandwagon.. I've always been one to follow the In-Crowd!!
Old 03-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You guys are my academy award winners! XOXO.. make that the Acaemdy Award Losers!! Love ya.. XOXO
Old 03-08-2010, 01:18 AM   #378
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Peeps! Well I weighed and since the 8th Feb-so exactely a month I have lost a grand total of 1.8lbs...... yes really...in a month. That people is crap!!!!!!!! The only cheat in that time was 3 sweets and a small cappucino on the 14th. Everything else has been chicken, eggs and tuna. And I really thought I def would be down today because I did my marathon on my bilke yesterday and drank bucket loads of water but nooope!!!!
Seriously I can't eat any less or do any more exercise!!!!!!!!! Aaaaagh!!!! (ok rant over!) It's just so frustrating!
Old 03-08-2010, 01:50 AM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi Peeps! Well I weighed and since the 8th Feb-so exactely a month I have lost a grand total of 1.8lbs...... yes really...in a month. That people is crap!!!!!!!! The only cheat in that time was 3 sweets and a small cappucino on the 14th. Everything else has been chicken, eggs and tuna. And I really thought I def would be down today because I did my marathon on my bilke yesterday and drank bucket loads of water but nooope!!!!
Seriously I can't eat any less or do any more exercise!!!!!!!!! Aaaaagh!!!! (ok rant over!) It's just so frustrating!
GT...Add some fat...your bod is used to the low calories and holding onto weight for survival. I added some fat and started losing again...just try it for a couple days.
K
Old 03-08-2010, 01:50 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You guys are my academy award winners! XOXO.. make that the Acaemdy Award Losers!! Love ya.. XOXO
Love you too...
Old 03-08-2010, 05:29 AM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
Hello everyone!

I know I have been MIA~!! I haven't had much time to post in the last few weeks. I just wanted to drop in and say hi to let you know I am still holding on to Stillmans!!!

I will go back and read all the posts later when I get some free time. I have like 20 pages to read!!!!!!!!!!

However, how cool to come back to all of you LOSERS!!!

AL - 117~ WOW! Last time I was here you were 122!!! you never stop shrinking!

GT - You have lost down to 133!!! AWESOME!!!

Nermo - I can't believe how quickly you are losing !!! It seems like yesterday you were 264 and excited now 233.6!!!!!

I know I probably missed some - if so please forgive me! My hopes are to catch up on all the old posts sometime this week

HAPPY MONDAY!!!

Oh one more thing - AL you would be so proud of me - I broke out the old treadmill today and walk/ran for 30 minutes I am determined to get back to good habits of exercise!
Old 03-08-2010, 06:13 AM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I'm sorry . .Unfortunately . .you may be experiencing one of those so called - dreaded plateaus.. . Stay Strong. Stay Stong. . Try mixing it up a bit as kath suggests. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 03-08-2010 at 06:14 AM..
Old 03-08-2010, 06:38 AM   #383
Senior LCF Member

I am claiming 149 today! Woop...Woop! I added some fat this weekend in the form of bacon and a little bit of cheese (in an omelette). I also grilled up a bunch of chicken legs and didn't throw out the skin. I will do this for a couple days and then alternate with strict Stillman's. I also started my strength training routine (5 lb. weights) and got a Biggest Loser work-out DVD (to begin that tonight). Feeling good and love the way my jeans are falling off my butt!
K
Old 03-08-2010, 06:58 AM   #384
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi peeps again! Thanks for letting me vent!! Yeah Im2 it probably is a plateau-I actually don't really think I've had one-well not for this long....it is just soooo slow!!!(seriously dunno how you stuck yours for so long!) Don't worry I'll hang in there-the loss has got to quicken up sometime,right??!!! Yeah Kathy maybe I'll add in more fat----but the last time I ate the yummy ground beef I actually gained!! Might get some anyway for a change becose God am I fed up with tuna!! Well done on the loss-and the baggy jeans!!
Welcome back MsG-you found us!! Must be the smell of bikini-time that has got everyone into exercise!!
Old 03-08-2010, 07:10 AM   #385
Senior LCF Member

Losers!!!

I see everyone is on track- no one is cheating or anything.

GT- I am with Al and Must Love add some fat- remember my mini vacation where i messed up a little by adding fat then immediatly after there was a 4 pound weight loss ! Try it for a few days and see.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:21 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member

ok well u kow i have been real good for a while now- up until today that is I had some chicken soup that a family member made but did not drain out the fat and had a chicken thigh- not so bad but I needed a break- I hope I don't go up though.

No loss yet- I will weigh in every two days - I know I am obsessed with the scale!

Thnx Msgirl- Glad to see u back !
Old 03-08-2010, 09:34 AM   #387
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A good week is upon us. . I can feel it in my bones! My plan is to stay strict, stay strong and exercise my hiney off! I want to see a change on that stupid scale already! I think I've given my meds ample time to kick in so I am going to start kicking this thing in the behind! I planned my day and will continue to plan my week and nothing except meat (and water and coffee. . gotta have something)shall pass these lips! O and a little diet soda or CL. .but that's it. . I'm not kidding this time.. I've had it and I aint' gonna let it beat me!!!

This weekend wasn't terrible but I could have worked a little more at it. I intend to do it today!!!! Sun is shining :-)
Old 03-08-2010, 10:39 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
Good afternoon!

Had a pretty nice weekend! I feel like I am slowly going back to my Size 42 pants. I am starting to feel more energy and my headaches is pretty much gone. It's been a rough weekend!!!

Now the weather is warming up and the sun is out and sunny. I am going to start walking outside at the park. I think I will start tomorrow.

-Dustin
Old 03-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
Hello everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend. I am sorry to say I am up 2 pounds. I know I ate to much of the good stuff this weekend and with TOM it has caught up with me. So this week my goal is to stick with my chicken and turkey and raw green vegetables. None of the evil salad dressings. I really want to get 10 pounds off by my next surgery April 9th. Lots of water today and eating good.

Tania
Old 03-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Good afternoon!
Now the weather is warming up and the sun is out and sunny. I am going to start walking outside at the park. I think I will start tomorrow.

-Dustin
How about today, Dustin?

I think I'm going to try that today, myself. .Skip the center. . walk in the park. Lets hope the weather holds out until tonight. .

by the way. .I'm enjoying my tuna at my desk. No one else in the office is enjoying it but I am!
Closed Thread