Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 09:12 AM   #151
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hey Guys! Just got through ALL THE POSTS! I laughed, I cried, I became more motivated to exercise, I bit my nails in suspense....I drooled...(and continue to drool..)thanks so much for being here everyone and joining in. You are all doing such a great job!

IM2- I did call the doctor, twice actually, but I didnt leave a message. Im not intentionally letting you down, I promise I will go soon. My work week starts tomorrow, so its looking like Monday will be the day! I want to try out a different doc. Mine is very old school and I'd like to be able to talk about my eating plans with someone who wont think Ive lost my mind.

msgirl- sorry you werent feeling well. I still want to stuff you silly with tuna though! Im not really liking the all veggie plan. Yeah, it would be an awesome treat but we need protein to build muscle. and you said it best, you will get hungry without protein. GT made lots of good sense too. Maybe you could try out the stay Slim for a week or two, let your body adjust, and if its not working out, go back to QWL for a week. Actually, I think thats what were supposed to do. If we gain 3 pounds go back to QWL. I've been eating ground turkey, ground beef, tuna and splurged on bacon for the last week. (I hate defrosting chicken legs, but I may go back to it over the weekend)

paleo - One pound down aint shabby! Woohoo for you!!

GT- and so Nutella makes its way back to the surface...a much more delectable treat than Skippy.....drooling....

Great job on the loss Kathy!! Super Stillman to the rescue!

renewed - we love all the food details and it actually excites me to hear what everyone else is eating. I do think you should journal on the side to see what you were eating when results were super good or just so-so. WTG on the exercise! As for the stevia, I say its fine. Im an artificial sweetner junkie, so Stevia has got to be better than that!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #152
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
I hate #19 and 20.....
Old 02-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #153
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post

GT- and so Nutella makes its way back to the surface...a much more delectable treat than Skippy.....drooling....
Any kind of chocolate is never far away from my thoughts!!! Hee!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Just one more thing I came across which was interesting, too. . (Sorry, Dustin. .Not for you)

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
PCOS is a common hormonal problem in women of childbearing age. Most women with PCOS grow many small cysts on their ovaries. The condition leads to hormone imbalances that affect a woman's menstrual cycle and can lead to excessive body hair and acne. Women with this condition are resistant to insulin, which may cause weight gain. The weight tends to collect around the abdomen, putting women at greater risk for heart disease.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Just one more thing I came across which was interesting, too. . (Sorry, Dustin. .Not for you)

PCOS is a common hormonal problem in women of childbearing age. Most women with PCOS grow many small cysts on their ovaries. The condition leads to hormone imbalances that affect a woman's menstrual cycle and can lead to excessive body hair and acne. Women with this condition are resistant to insulin, which may cause weight gain. The weight tends to collect around the abdomen, putting women at greater risk for heart disease.
I have PCOS and as along as I keep my carb intake under control - about 50 grams max per day in the form of low GI veggies - I don't have any symptoms and my cycle stays regular. For example, I had no trouble conceiving while in ketosis - something I wish more struggling "cysters" would try. I also drink one or two cups of green tea every day to regulate my blood sugar. Too much though and I start craving cake etc. In fact, any simple carbs, even fruit, upsets the whole balance and totally messes with my appetite, something I rediscover every time I get complacent.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
Hi Ladies,

I love everyone's sense of humor!! I've started going back to Jan's thread just to catch up and I just cracked up with all of those great display of humor!

I don't know why, but I have been craving all of those foods since I came back from my trip. I keep telling myself it is because I was involved in a different culture and been eating all of those "foreign" and healthy foods and I just crave the stuff that I couldn't buy. Now I'm home, I'm being bombarded with advertising and can see all of that stuff I could not purchase before.

I just bought my favorite soda... "Red Blitz" Vault and been sipping on it all day long. I am ready to get back on the horse and start making my chicken and pork chops in the crockpot. It is time for me to fire up both of those suckers and start making those meats so tender that they will fall apart if I breathe on them!

I am ready to become more involved with this group and keep handing out inspiration and various jabs of my humor! I do believe that everyone here can keep up the good work and just keep sharing advice and don't be afraid to jump in!!

-Dustin
Old 02-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #157
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post

I am ready to become more involved with this group and keep handing out inspiration and various jabs of my humor! I do believe that everyone here can keep up the good work and just keep sharing advice and don't be afraid to jump in!!

-Dustin
Hi Dustin! We love your humour!! Stay strong--and keep away from the Hershey factory!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:58 AM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Still here!

Okay, so I am still here and my body is back in ketosis since my downfall of broth, crackers and toast while i was ill!

Chris apologized to me and said we will put the tires on credit and I will pay them off when I get paid! He really did feel bad about buying the x-box and not tires! So yay for safety! woo hoo!

So how is everybody holding up with their Low carbing?

I went in the EVIL PANTRY and looked in it for a minute then thought to myself what in the hell are you doing?

I took the tuna out of there so I wouldn't need to ever open it! Plus, Chris is now packing his own lunches since I told him that me seeing all those sweet, processed, carb filled snacks makes me wanna eat them and if I do I will never be able to be seen in public with him again!

I have had a nice meat filled day so far and I am going to continue it!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Hey IM,

I was looking up PCOS.... that reminds me about my ex-wife. She suffers from cysts on her ovaries. She complains about cramps and irregular menstruation cycle. I wonder if this is the same exact thing she was having problems with.... I wondered if the diet may have something to do with this!!

She gets very bad acne on her back and she always have this tummy that she couldn't get rid of it. I think she was starting some medication, but I haven't seen her in almost 4 years so I don't know what was happening with her.

-Dustin
Old 02-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Maybe I should have a road trip and go to Hershey, PA!!! Whoo-Hoo!! I probably should bring a bucket and a sponge to mop up all of that drool!

-Dustin
Old 02-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

WHO SAID PEANUT BUTTER??? :
Thanks.. now I have it on my brain!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:02 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

I did!!! But you can blame that gal whose name starts with AL!!

Dustin
Old 02-03-2010, 12:04 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

I'm completely blameless.... ya know! <shifts eyes>

-Dustin
Old 02-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

I have a good way to help raise our spirits of motivation for weight loss.(not that we really need any, but..)

My Mother told me that when she would diet she counted her weight loss in "STICKS OF BUTTER"

A stick of butter is 1/4 of a pound. It can be held, is very visual and easily measured. So if you were to lose one pound or 4 sticks of butter you could lay it out on the counter infront of you and look at exactlly what a pound of fat is like!

If you lose say 20 pounds or 80 sticks of butter you can go to the market and look at all the packages of butter laying there and think wow i lost all that!! It really is a good way to keep motivated!

So starting today if anyone wants to join me, I will be referring to my weight loss as losing ____ sticks of butter.

I think it would be fun to see how many sticks of butter we as a group end up losing! Maybe as each person meets goal they can count up how many sticks of butter they lost and see how many cookies or cakes it would have made.

Just food for thought! LOL
Old 02-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Dustin u said peanut butter cups! THATS WORSE!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

That's good visualization!! My grandmother admitted to me that she loved eating butter!

I lost 39 pounds since my last weigh in last month. So that is 156 sticks of butter! Anyone want to buy some butter from me?

-Dustin

Last edited by dlyons; 02-03-2010 at 12:23 PM..
Old 02-03-2010, 12:32 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

we don't wanna buy you butter LOLO ha ha ha eww how could u eat just butter, that would make my GAG!

Thats a LOT of butter you lost Dustin! WOO HOO
Old 02-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

AL- we could always measure in jars of skippy! the small one is right around 1 pound!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:39 PM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh I have seen that done with the butter on tv to try and kick people into action-with pounds of butter! It is truly disgusting! Or they show it to you in mushed up food of what you used to eat--like kebabs or something! And on the same programme they make you then try to carry the weight you have lost in a rucksack!
I would hate to see my butter mountain!!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

I'm thinking I will use my butter to make a mountain in shape of "Devil's Tower" in Wyoming!

(Watch the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind")

-Dustin
Old 02-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hey Kathy--congrats on the loss!!!!
Thanks! I'm finally at that stage where I can really tell a difference when I look in the mirror (especially the rear view as I'm getting into the shower)...YIKES.... That's when I finally realized I needed to get back on a plan!
Kathy
Old 02-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Yuuuuuuummm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO FAIR!
Old 02-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post

Just another great reason to past menopause...
Old 02-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
Okay, so I am still here and my body is back in ketosis since my downfall of broth, crackers and toast while i was ill!

Chris apologized to me and said we will put the tires on credit and I will pay them off when I get paid! He really did feel bad about buying the x-box and not tires! So yay for safety! woo hoo!

So how is everybody holding up with their Low carbing?

I went in the EVIL PANTRY and looked in it for a minute then thought to myself what in the hell are you doing?

I took the tuna out of there so I wouldn't need to ever open it! Plus, Chris is now packing his own lunches since I told him that me seeing all those sweet, processed, carb filled snacks makes me wanna eat them and if I do I will never be able to be seen in public with him again!

I have had a nice meat filled day so far and I am going to continue it!
YAY Lisa..Yeah, it's a man thing to lash out when they feel guilty about something.... (Sorry Dustin!)
Kathy
Old 02-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. I just had to jump in here before I run off for my nightly workout. I'm also eating lucious ground beef with mustard! . .First Peanut butter now butter! We are becoming an obsessive bunch. . .

Lisa! So glad your other half saw the error of his ways. . You are not being selfish by not making his lunch. There are just some things you have to do for you.. Yay for you (and him) . .congratulations on the tires, too!
Old 02-03-2010, 03:01 PM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dustin. We are definately glad you are back.!!
Old 02-03-2010, 04:51 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Oh my gosh, I actually managed to stick to my eating and exercise plan today without a single cheat. Now I just have to make it past the dreaded late-night munchies. Any great advice?
Old 02-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Go Pale .Go. . .If all else fails. .I hate to say it. .go to bed!! I've had to do it. . and I read somewhere that more sleep is better when you are dieting. . Or drink hot tea. .call someone. . do word search. . log into LCF. read. . play an on-line game that requires typing (boxerjam.com) Tetris. .
Old 02-03-2010, 05:49 PM   #179
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RENEWED
Stats: 190/150/140
HEY GANG!!!

Quick question -

Is Canadian Bacon allowed?
Old 02-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

IDK for sure about the Canadian Bacon. . this is what the plan says: "DON’T EAT ANY SMOKED, SALTED OR PICKLED MEATS (other then mild All-Beef Frankfurters, and lean ham, and Bacon…and these in small portions only.)..

So . .does anyone else know. . Is Canadian Bacon considered Salted, Smoked, etc? I've eaten it on ocassion but never more than a few pieces. . perhaps once a month. .
Closed Thread