Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 10:13 AM   #1411
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Way to go, Sammy!!!!!
You gotta love the good Dr.!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2010, 10:15 AM   #1412
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Hey. .does anyone else eat omlets once in a while? I made some for the kids last night and decided to have a few bites.. They were basically eggs, a little cheese (my kids don't like a lot) and some ground sausage) MMMMmmm felt just like I was cheating .. but no carbs!
Oh that sounds sooooo good!!!!!!!! Yeah it would be ok too-a bit higher in fat but as you say no carbs---and sooo tasty!!!! Yuuum!!! A lot better than stinky tuna!!
Old 02-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #1413
Big Yapper!!!!

3hours on the bike people----180mins!!!!!!!!!! Got up at 6 especially to do an hour before work!!.... I'm so tired now tho! Hee!
Old 02-26-2010, 01:37 PM   #1414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
3hours on the bike people----180mins!!!!!!!!!! Got up at 6 especially to do an hour before work!!.... I'm so tired now tho! Hee!

3 Hours? Are you insane?? I can't believe 3 hours. . but. .very. .very impressive. I'm embarrased to say, I only did 20 mintues on the eliptical..
Old 02-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #1415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sammy and Stevie:
Old 02-26-2010, 01:42 PM   #1416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hey-Next time you guys have free time, search out Gary Taubes on youtube. His book is called good calories, bad calories. Hes not a doctor, hes a scientific journalist. Its much easier watching and listening to him than getting through the science of the book. ?
This is how I shall spend my Friday evening. .with my final night of spirits, I shall toast Al. .and watch UTube. . How fun is that? (((my son called me at work and told me that I should go 'out' with hubby tonight. .I smell a rat... considering we never go out and leave them home alone. .Ya think my teenagers are trying to have a party of something. . MMmmm. maybe we should go and sneak back early. .Would be fun. . just the two of us trumping through the woods, peeking in the windows. .heheheh
Old 02-26-2010, 02:21 PM   #1417
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Good evening!

I'm sick of this snow!!!! I had to get my car towed again! It's snowing again! Wind keeps blowing snow back onto the roads and causing big problems!!

Hey, March 1st is coming!!!!! It's a new start. It's a new beginning!

Here is what I'm going to do:

Stop STRESSING over the situation about my divorce papers. It's done. It's over. It's history. Move on.
Stop STRESSING over my weight gain. I will lose it again. At least I'm not back to wearing my 46 pants. I still fit in my 44 pants. I will lose this weight. March 1st! My heartburn will go away. My back pain will go away!
Get my business cards printed. I have a small side business. I'm slowly getting new customers. My income is slowly increasing. I have noticed my business have been picking up more quickly when I have been losing this weight. Perhaps people noticed my increased confidence and self-esteem? Maybe I am projecting the right image as I fit better into my clothes and look more stylish?

I'm home and I'm not going anywhere for the weekend. I have the foods I can eat. I have electric. I have water.

Let's go!! Keep encouraging each other! Support each other!

-Dustin
Old 02-26-2010, 02:22 PM   #1418
Senior LCF Member

Hey IM! I can use a laugh.... tell us if you actually did sneak back to your house!!

-Dustin
Old 02-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #1419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Hey IM! I can use a laugh.... tell us if you actually did sneak back to your house!!

-Dustin
I was actually going to plan it. .but hubby just told me he has an 8:00 apt tonight . plus, remember what our side business is? (surveillance, security, etc) Well. .we have a driveway sensor that lets us know when someone is coming down the driveway so we would definately have to walk back and sneak around. .and its too dang cold! I'm always teasing them that we have nanny cams up . .the little ones buy it. .the big ones don't!!! But, one of these days - Pow. . !!!

We keep getting weather up here, too.. . I am tired of snow. .snow. .snow. . So, Dustin. .we are in the same boat. .winter blahs. .business woes. . hatred of fatty tumors (which is what I refer to mine as - tumors are made to be removed, ya know..) and renewed motivation! My meds should be kicking in in 4 to 6 short weeks (uggg and I sure hope not!!) . but I'm going to keep on doing what I do. . I feel better and I will eventually look better! May is just around the corner for me!
Old 02-26-2010, 02:50 PM   #1420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm going to go home from work now. . I've been here 9 hours and did not bring enough food.. I'm getting kinda hungry. .Of course, If I don't eat. . I can drink more (or less - I should say!) and feel the soothing effects sooner !!! Thats the ticket!! Horray Friday!
Old 02-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #1421
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
Quote:
3 Hours? Are you insane?? I can't believe 3 hours. . but. .very. .very impressive. I'm embarrased to say, I only did 20 mintues on the eliptical..
Yes GT. You are insane!! But soooo motivated!!! Great job!
Old 02-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #1422
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
This is how I shall spend my Friday evening. .with my final night of spirits, I shall toast Al. .and watch UTube. . How fun is that? (((my son called me at work and told me that I should go 'out' with hubby tonight. .I smell a rat... considering we never go out and leave them home alone. .Ya think my teenagers are trying to have a party of something. . MMmmm. maybe we should go and sneak back early. .Would be fun. . just the two of us trumping through the woods, peeking in the windows. .heheheh
Forget youtube and GO OUT WITH HUBBY!!!! The boys will be fine!
Old 02-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #1423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Forget youtube and GO OUT WITH HUBBY!!!! The boys will be fine!
He's working tonight. .Ahh. the life a business owner/salesman/personnel director/fixer-upper. .work is never done. He has to go train someone on how to use their new security system before they go to "France". .must be nice, eh? He gets to visit a lot of nice homes and comes home to tell me. "you would love this house I was in today". .blah@!!
Old 02-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #1424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lisa: Hope your day is da bomb!!! Haven't heard from you today but that must mean your day is just so darn exciting!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 02-26-2010 at 04:17 PM..
Old 02-27-2010, 12:32 AM   #1425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010

Hey guys,

I just found something on the net. It says that Mint is a natural fat burner. One site suggested that using organic mint leaves in your water will help you burn fat. Has anyone heard about this before. I am thinking of putting some mint leaves in my water and seeing what happens. Mint should be ok on stillman's right as long as I am not eating it!

Ok guys give me your feedback!
Old 02-27-2010, 12:46 AM   #1426
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
My Day sucked and so did my eating! FREAKING CARBS! I have been so good to stay away from the evil pantry up until last week with the blood sugar issues. Now I have been using the pantry of evil as an excuse to indulge in SIN! WOW am I dramatic tonight! well u guys get it.. LOL BAD LISA BAD>>> BAD BAD BAD! I am drinking rum and diet right now and it sure is helping with the darn cramps! lol.. OH WELL TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY AND A FRESH START ON STILLMANS! I'm gonna get back on track and get these pesky 5 lbs off me!

Hope everyone else is doing great! Congrats on the weight loss everyone! I will be back in the game soon enough!

With Love,
Lisa ~
Old 02-27-2010, 02:33 AM   #1427
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
OMG!!! I thought this week would never end! Now I'm up early on Saturday morning, but at least I don't have to go anywhere...thinking about staying in jammies all day...

Staying on plan pretty much....no losses this week, but at least maintaining. I have to go get fitted and order a dress for my daughter's wedding today. If I wait til I am at goal it will be too late. How many times do you think they hear, "But, I am on a diet, I'll be 15 pounds lighter by the wedding"? Heheheheheheh...I'm thinking a whole lot. So I guess I'll just order the size I am today and they can alter if it is too big in three months.

I bought a jumbo muffin pan, so I can make even bigger tuna muffins...thinking about trying the canned chicken as well and trying that. Those things are the bomb for on the go eating. Lisa, that would be great for you...

All this talk about whipped cream shots and such....you guys are too much....:blush: Congrats on the losers out there....Nermo, Sammie, anyone else I missed...

Kathy
Old 02-27-2010, 03:52 AM   #1428
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Stop STRESSING over the situation about my divorce papers. It's done. It's over. It's history. Move on.
Stop STRESSING over my weight gain. I will lose it again. At least I'm not back to wearing my 46 pants. I still fit in my 44 pants. I will lose this weight. March 1st! My heartburn will go away. My back pain will go away!
Get my business cards printed. I have a small side business. I'm slowly getting new customers. My income is slowly increasing. I have noticed my business have been picking up more quickly when I have been losing this weight. Perhaps people noticed my increased confidence and self-esteem? Maybe I am projecting the right image as I fit better into my clothes and look more stylish?

-Dustin

And the answer to your question is YES!!! You have given yourself the best advice that any of us could give you. You're on track now- lets stay on track!! You did it before and you will do it again!

Whats on the menu for the weekend, D?
Old 02-27-2010, 03:59 AM   #1429
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2- sorry hubby had to work. Plans foiled again..darnit!

Lisa- sorry the road has been bumpy lately. The pantry is only a quick fix and then the crash. Please have Chris put a door and lock on it! Its only 5 pounds and you have already proven how quickly it comes off once you put your mind to it. Get some rest. Hope today is a better day!

GT- Are you still in bed after that 3 hour ride...

Kathy- Im so glad you found a quick and easy on the go meal. Do you like salmon? That would work too! I hear you on wedding dresses/bridesmaid/etc...they always like to order a bigger size but Ive always gone against them. I like to order a smaller size and then make sure I fit into it. That wont work for everyone, but the only time it bombed on me was when I got pregnant unexpectedly (luckily, it was an empire style dress)
Anyway, have a great time shopping, this is such an exciting time for you!!
Old 02-27-2010, 04:01 AM   #1430
Blabbermouth!!!

Nermo- I love the idea of mint in my water! Even if it doesnt really work for weight loss. Sounds refreshing!
Old 02-27-2010, 04:04 AM   #1431
Blabbermouth!!!

Back to 121 - see what miracles a tuna day can bring? I had 3 cans for dinner last night with about a cup and a half of ground beef.

Took out ground turkey and ground chicken to defrost...fish for lunch, poultry for supper! I dont think I ever had ground chicken?? But thats the plan!

PS- Try warming your tuna for 45 seconds with some spices. I also havent been squeezing the water out- just lightly drain. Much easier to swallow.

Last edited by aleriaaa; 02-27-2010 at 04:07 AM..
Old 02-27-2010, 04:21 AM   #1432
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

It's a new start. Only 1 more day til March 1st.

Hi Al..... I have 2 pieces of chicken breasts in my crockpot that is rubbed with Tony's spices. I made a pot of boiled eggs last night so those will be my snack. I have 3 x 1 gallon jugs of water. Then I have plenty of cans of tuna and pork loins.

I have my books and my shovel. I need to dig some snow so I think I will count that as part of my exercise program.

I'm all set here!!!!

-Dustin
Old 02-27-2010, 04:49 AM   #1433
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
IM2- sorry hubby had to work. Plans foiled again..darnit!

Lisa- sorry the road has been bumpy lately. The pantry is only a quick fix and then the crash. Please have Chris put a door and lock on it! Its only 5 pounds and you have already proven how quickly it comes off once you put your mind to it. Get some rest. Hope today is a better day!

GT- Are you still in bed after that 3 hour ride...

Kathy- Im so glad you found a quick and easy on the go meal. Do you like salmon? That would work too! I hear you on wedding dresses/bridesmaid/etc...they always like to order a bigger size but Ive always gone against them. I like to order a smaller size and then make sure I fit into it. That wont work for everyone, but the only time it bombed on me was when I got pregnant unexpectedly (luckily, it was an empire style dress)
Anyway, have a great time shopping, this is such an exciting time for you!!
Thanks Kiddo! No chances of becoming pregnant for me anymore... And YES, I will be down to at least 135 by then!!!!!!!!! I have gone this far by not being really strict..(I like to coat my chicken with crushed pork rinds...), but it's still working. I know if I needed to lose more quickly, strict Stillman's would do it for me! And yes, I do like salmon, but have bad memories of my mom's salmon patties (friday night staple)...She always put onions and green pepers in them.... I do however have a huge piece of fresh salmon left over from dinner out last night I could flake up and throw in...thanks for the great idea!
Kath
Old 02-27-2010, 04:50 AM   #1434
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good Morning!

It's a new start. Only 1 more day til March 1st.

Hi Al..... I have 2 pieces of chicken breasts in my crockpot that is rubbed with Tony's spices. I made a pot of boiled eggs last night so those will be my snack. I have 3 x 1 gallon jugs of water. Then I have plenty of cans of tuna and pork loins.

I have my books and my shovel. I need to dig some snow so I think I will count that as part of my exercise program.

I'm all set here!!!!

-Dustin
Way to go Dustin!!!! Sounds like you are definately back on track!
Kath
Old 02-27-2010, 04:56 AM   #1435
Senior LCF Member

Well, I finally found those "egg patties" from Timber Ridge at our Wal-Mart. I found them in the freezer section. They are a round egg patty (sort of like they put in an egg mcMuffin). I'm thinking they will be another good on-the-go meal... I heard about them awhile back and found the website which told me where to find them.
Walmart.com: Timber Ridge Farms: Scrambled Patties Egg, 9 ct: Frozen Foods
They do have 1g of carbs...but if you read the reviews, they can also be used as a bread replacement for a sammie????
K
Old 02-27-2010, 04:58 AM   #1436
Blabbermouth!!!

Dustin! I love a man with a plan! Todays your day!! I cant wait to hear if you get through all that water... Im drowning just thinking about it.

Since I gave up coffee and crystal light, Ive been drinking about 4-5 bottles of water a day. I honestly dont notice any difference in how I feel or how my weight comes off when I drink more like 6-9. But thats just me. I know everyone is a big believer in the water, but do we really need that much? Too many bathroom trips for me. What a waste.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:00 AM   #1437
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustLoveDogs08 View Post
Well, I finally found those "egg patties" from Timber Ridge at our Wal-Mart. I found them in the freezer section. They are a round egg patty (sort of like they put in an egg mcMuffin). I'm thinking they will be another good on-the-go meal... I heard about them awhile back and found the website which told me where to find them.
They do have 1g of carbs...but if you read the reviews, they can also be used as a bread replacement for a sammie????
K
Hey Kath- Why not make your own in your super big muffin tins? Cheaper and no carbs! I do understand the quickness of just buying them though..
Old 02-27-2010, 06:19 AM   #1438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustLoveDogs08 View Post
K

Thanks for the tip, Kath. .Its always nice to find something in a pinch! I think these would be good to have on hand when you have absolutely no time to do anything else. I have my tuna packets but they are sooo smelly. . and a little difficult to eat for breakfast. I usually eat in the office because I like to wait until I'm a little hungry before I start my chowfest for the day. plus now, with my meds, I can't eat when I take them. they need time to absorb. ..
Old 02-27-2010, 06:20 AM   #1439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al: How are the vitamins doing today? Out of the purse? In your mouth?
Old 02-27-2010, 06:26 AM   #1440
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al: How are the vitamins doing today? Out of the purse? In your mouth?
LOL!!! ummm...looking down...fidgeting.....
Closed Thread