Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 02:21 AM   #1291
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
I weighed again this morning and I'm exactely the same weight as yesterday! But TOM came a calling (early I might add)so maybe some is water-weight and I've actually lost more!!!! Here's hoping!! Gonna stay off the scale til TOM goes!!

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 02-24-2010 at 02:23 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2010, 03:37 AM   #1292
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
Coming out of lurk mode...I am on day 3 of modified Stillmans and dropped a few pounds. I seem to bounce for a year now same 5 pounds and I am so tired of it.lol

I say modified because I did have a bite of veggies like raw califlower and some cooked brocolli with lemon.

Any thoughts on what success I can have if I only have 10 pounds or less to go? I am going on vacation April 6th and I do "ok" but not super strict.

Anyone here who has just a bit to go?

Stevie
Hey Stevie,
Looks like (from your stats) that you have lost a lot in the past. You should know your body and what it takes to lose...go on that instinct. If you have been maintaining for awhile, you should lose on a modified Stillman's. I do something similar to what you described...it's just not as strict as some of the folks on this board. You will however drop the 10 pounds pretty quickly doing strict Stillman's.
Kathy
Old 02-24-2010, 03:42 AM   #1293
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
Hi guys! Boy I have missed you all!

My work schedule has been so crazy! I've been working 12 hour days again, but with the weather conditions as bad as they are, my travel time has almost doubled!! So it turns my days into 14 to 15 hrs!

I stopped the green tea for now and started back on atkins for this week. The brain fog is gone and so is the stuttering and other symptoms I was getting. I am going to continue atkins for this week then go back to stillmans. Thanks for all the kind words and support everyone.

My weight has stayed the same, but i have been bloated from the increase of fats and sodium!

Oh well I feel so much better and can't wait til saturday, thats when I will go back to stillmans!

Gotta go, love and miss everyone! Sorry I just can't keep up with the forum right now, but want to say hello to the new members and hiya to Dustin, it's good to see you back! Pale the green tea is not your fault hun. It just happened to come at a bad time and i may have over did it is all! TTYL
Hey Lisa,
I hear ya about the work. i got a HUGE project dumped in my lap yesterday on top of all my other work and then anything that could go wrong yesterday, went wrong...GRRRRRRRRR...
Old 02-24-2010, 03:44 AM   #1294
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
Hi guys! Boy I have missed you all!

My work schedule has been so crazy! I've been working 12 hour days again, but with the weather conditions as bad as they are, my travel time has almost doubled!! So it turns my days into 14 to 15 hrs!

I stopped the green tea for now and started back on atkins for this week. The brain fog is gone and so is the stuttering and other symptoms I was getting. I am going to continue atkins for this week then go back to stillmans. Thanks for all the kind words and support everyone.

My weight has stayed the same, but i have been bloated from the increase of fats and sodium!

Oh well I feel so much better and can't wait til saturday, thats when I will go back to stillmans!

Gotta go, love and miss everyone! Sorry I just can't keep up with the forum right now, but want to say hello to the new members and hiya to Dustin, it's good to see you back! Pale the green tea is not your fault hun. It just happened to come at a bad time and i may have over did it is all! TTYL
Hey Lisa,
I hear ya about the work. I got a HUGE project dumped in my lap yesterday on top of all my other work and then anything that could go wrong yesterday, went wrong...GRRRRRRRRR... I am sooooooo happy I haven't turned to my ole frined Mr. Carb for comfort. In the past, I would have! I think you will find that you drop a ton going from Atkins back to Stillman's next week.. Hang in there Kiddo!
Kathy
Old 02-24-2010, 03:51 AM   #1295
Senior LCF Member

OK all you exercis freaks...I took the laptop down and got my butt out of my chair yesterday before work and turned on the Wii Active. Today, I can barely move! I think it was the lunges that got me...

Sooooo...I think today is out, but I WILL do it again tomorrow...
K
Old 02-24-2010, 05:20 AM   #1296
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Kathy- I did stress eat a bit yesterday. I had a small piece of pizza that I bought from the convenience store. I'm pretty sure that it won't kill me since it was the only carb I had except for the cheese. I am really proud of u for not turning to emotional eating! That deserves the nice thick steak reward! MMMMM

GT-OMG.. I don't weigh for a week before TOM or a week after! Stay off the scale and stay on plan! U can do it

AL- Wow what a difference sprung out of bed!?! I usually just flop out and hit the floor like a tuna.. J/k I am up every morning at 5 am and go to bed around 11:30-12:00. Pass your energy down g/f

Stevie- I think I might give the cottage cheese and tuna a go. I hate tuna plain so maybe it will help! I eat pork, but just center cut chops and I trim all the fat off of them!

Peaches- That is so cool! April 26th is my Birthday and one of my goal weights, April 28th is my fathers Birthday! You can do it hun! keep up the amazing work!

IM- I hope the Doc goes well! I will keep you in my thoughts today! You are such an inspiration to us and we love ya!

Nermo- Drink more fluids! Drink, drink, drink! I have been at over 100 oz a day for a month now. If I can do it you can! I had gastric bypass surgery 11 yrs ago so my stomach (pouch as it's called now) is smaller than average still. Just sip, sip, sip away!

Paleo- It's so good to see ya! How is the workout thing going? I haven't been motivated at all since my days are getting so LONG! I am off the green tea, but I will incorporate it back next week.. one cup at a time (instead of 5 at once)

orteggleston- Glad to see ya back! Sorry to hear that you didn't stay on plan. The good thing is that you are back and ready to lose! YAY!!! We forgive poor choice weekends, Lord knows I've had a few!

Today is suppose to be my day off and guess what!?! I got called to go out of town to a client's house today! Thank goodness it's only going to take a few hours, but wow it would really be nice if I had a true day off! I have had at least one client a day for weeks! I shouldn't complain, I should be happy that I have a great job that I love, an amazing, but very guy type man..(Ladies I think you know what I mean there LOL) a new car, a nice house, healthy children and good friends. Okay so no more complaining!
Old 02-24-2010, 07:15 AM   #1297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Morning, Peeps! I'm back from the Doctor. . he turned out to be a lot nicer than i thought.. Too young for me but nice, just the same. Referred to me as being "young" so I thought I should kiss him or something. LOL. . wouldn't that have been funny. . some old lady tried to kiss me in the office today!! Anyway, I am going on meds this afternoon. which is probably good news. The bad news: It takes four to six weeks for the stuff to kick in. Errr and I guess I've been patient this long. .I can wait a little while longer. Its not going to stop me, though. .I'll push through it. I plan to decrease my beef binge and increase my tuna and chicken. .water, water everywhere.. I can't quite give up the coffee yet but I'll make an attempt to taper it off.

I can't thank everyone enough for the support. Its been a long, long journey but I intend to see this through to the end. I can do it. . The doc said everything else looked good. .my cholesterol levels were normal if not better than average. . my blood pressure was right on.. and my sugar was in the normal range. Whew. . at least I know I'm not dying or anything. I go back in six weeks for another blood test. I sure hope my mood changes.. I can't stand myself at times..

OK so last night was my last lazy night. . I plan to work out today if it kills me. .

Go Meat!

Last edited by IM2fat; 02-24-2010 at 07:16 AM..
Old 02-24-2010, 08:04 AM   #1298
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sammykay
Stats: 197:170.2:125
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: 02/15/2010
Good Morning,
I had gained a few pounds after starting the p90x. I think because my hunger was up, my muscles have never been so sore, and I had a an off day at a bridal shower.

I have lost those few lbs and back down to 168... And hopefully more to come

Paleo what do you think of the p90x.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #1299
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hello everyone,

Well today I sort of messed up a little ordered out with the family- I had chicken from the BBQ place- it's bbqd but I had a half chicken without as much skin as I could get off- but I had the whole thing thighs, legs, breast and wings- but it tasted really good- I had a really bitter taste in my mouth yesterday and this morning- I think that was ketosis I could be wrong though but then I had this lunch I hope it doesn't set me back too much !

I will weigh tomorrow
Old 02-24-2010, 08:25 AM   #1300
Senior LCF Member

IM- Glad the doc visit went well ! I hope now that you have the right treatment you will see the scale move down for ya !
Old 02-24-2010, 10:39 AM   #1301
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Im2- Sounds like the doctor visit went very very well. A few meds and you'll be 100%! Im so glad you kept up with us even in frustrating times. It may be a few more weeks, but arent you sooo glad theres a cure for your stinkin metabolism!! Big hugs to you!!! What are the side effects of the meds? All good I hope.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #1302
Blabbermouth!!!

nermo, if I remember correctly, it was that bbq chicken that made you fold weeks ago. Stay away from that place girlfriend!!! That bbq sauce must be like liquid gold- yum... Im droolin. Youve done so well, it wont set you back too much. Lets make the rest of the day lean and mean!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #1303
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammykay View Post
I had gained a few pounds after starting the p90x. I think because my hunger was up, my muscles have never been so sore, and I had a an off day at a bridal shower.
Hi Sammy! Muscle pounds are good pounds to gain! You must be reshapin and resizin. Youre gonna be smokin this summer!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:49 AM   #1304
Blabbermouth!!!

Lisa, I think I missed somewhere that you have children. How old are they?

Kathy, if you're dusting off the wii, I may have to, too. I cant be the only one besides msgirl thats not working out. You guys are gonna start calling me lazy bones and thats not cool...

GT- In spite of Tom, you are doing great. Guess what bombed out today...My scale. Yup, and Im not even looking to see if there is a way to change the batteries. Now I cant promise I wont buy a whole new scale the next time i go out, but for now Im number free. and thats a good feeling... ok, trying to convince myself its ok...... what if I start gaining and dont know.... hmmmm... could be a bad thing, but Im gonna ride it out for the rest of the week at least..

I woke up again today with energy and at 6AM..amazing for me. Tomorrow is my real test when I have to get up for work...still coffee free...
Old 02-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #1305
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post

Guess what bombed out today...My scale. Yup
It wa being abused!!!!!!!! So it had enough!!!!! Don't get another one-they're stupid things!!!.....although is not having one gonna give you a whole other neurosis!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:05 AM   #1306
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Im2! I'm sp glad you got on well with the Dr.--see you're all healthy!! The meds will kick in soon enough and then you'll feel better and you'll really start to drop the pounds, completely pass us out and leave us all behind!!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #1307
Big Yapper!!!!

Yup Nermo! Al's right---step away from the BBQ place!!! It's like me and this cool chocolate shop--I actually don't walk home that way anymore--they have sliding doors that open when you walk past and the smell---OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. rule no.2 (after never change stats up!) Never weigh after a cheat!!! Wait a few days!!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:11 AM   #1308
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Sammy! Good job on the loss! You're doing the p90x too--you guys will be ripped by the Summer!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #1309
Senior LCF Member

Al- Thnx but there is actuall no sauce it is actually just bbq'd on the grill ! but I had the thighs and legs and I know that they are higher in fat. I think they also drench it in salt. I am trying to drink water to flush it out. Plus I am with GT my TOM has come too- I hate this little sucker!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:22 AM   #1310
Senior LCF Member

Question- Is that nasty bitter taste in your mouth KETOSIS?
Old 02-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #1311
Senior LCF Member

<------------------------ LOL I just realized I look a lot like my avi !
Old 02-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #1312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Al- Thnx but there is actuall no sauce it is actually just bbq'd on the grill ! but I had the thighs and legs and I know that they are higher in fat. I think they also drench it in salt. I am trying to drink water to flush it out. Plus I am with GT my TOM has come too- I hate this little sucker!
I think all is good, then! BBQ on the grill is the best way to roll. I'm having my burger minus all the nasty carbs right now. Hubby grilled some the other night. . have to work on getting it out of my house. I made meatloaf yesterday and Chocolate muffins for the kids. Did I cave.. nope!! Yippee for me. I was afraid the Doc scale would be up (which it was) but it was down from last time I went. .Go figure. My scale is stuck on the same number. I plan to weigh myself next Wednesday to see if there is an improvement. (((crossing fingers)))
Old 02-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #1313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Im2- Sounds like the doctor visit went very very well. A few meds and you'll be 100%! Im so glad you kept up with us even in frustrating times. It may be a few more weeks, but arent you sooo glad theres a cure for your stinkin metabolism!! Big hugs to you!!! What are the side effects of the meds? All good I hope.
One possible side effect: Mild hair loss(temporary) Ugg. . .go figure. . Sure hope not. .I can't afford to lose any more as it is...I've been growing mine out for years! No other common side effects except (why would they say no other and then list the following?) changes in appetite (darn it), chest pain, diarrhea, excessive sweating, fast heatbeat, fever, heat intolerance, joint pain, leg cramps, mental or mood swings, trouble sleeping, unusal weight gain (just my luck), weight loss (I can only hope), and a bunch of other malarky that they have to put on all meds. . I can usually tolerate meds well so I'm hoping the only symptom I have is excessive weight loss!! We shall see.. There so much information out on the web, it can be confusing so I stopped looking it up..

Doc also said to keep up my vitamins. .they seem to be working. . So, Al. .How is your vitamin regiment coming along? Get any B12 yet? Flax? Fish Oil? Calcium? Multi? come on girl. .you'll be amazed. Great job on the coffee .. I'm not quite ready yet.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #1314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I think so.. I plan to have killer breath this next week. . my family is gonna love me. .Tuna, eggs and ketosis. .nothing can beat it!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #1315
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
. I made Chocolate muffins for the kids. Did I cave.. nope!! Yippee for me.
The willpower!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #1316
Big Yapper!!!!

The side-effects are worse than the symtoms!!! Hope you don't get any.......except for the weight-loss!! Hee!!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #1317
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yup, ketosis, baby!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #1318
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
<------------------------ LOL I just realized I look a lot like my avi !
Old 02-24-2010, 01:01 PM   #1319
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Quote:
Lisa, I think I missed somewhere that you have children. How old are they?
My daughter is 19 and my son turned 10 Sunday. They live in Colorado. My son decided to live with his father this year.. My first year without him since he was born! I let him because he is at that age where he needs his dad.

My daughter has her own place in Colorado with her boyfriend and works for AT&T. My son sees her a lot since his dad lives only 40 minutes away. I ALSO have a 1 yr old granddaughter named Zurri and a 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter named Cherrie.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:21 PM   #1320
Senior LCF Member

I thought this had the ring of truth !

Whatever u give a woman, she will make it greater. Give her sperm, she will give u a baby. Give her a house, she will give u a home. Give her groceries, she will give u a meal. Give her a smile n she will give u her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what she is given. So if u give her crap, be ready to receive a ton of ****.
Closed Thread