Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #1141
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
ok I am officially changing my stats- I don't know what happened but I am now 242.6. That is officially -30 POUNDS <--------- Happy Happy Dance !!!!!

Peachy I love that signature quote well i have 42.6 pounds yo onederland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nermo, congrats!!!!!!!!! You change them girl!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2010, 12:24 PM   #1142
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Only thing Im missing is purple... perhaps if there's ever an addition....hmmm
Speak nicely to hubby!!
Old 02-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #1143
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
You can do it Nermo!! Even more if you go bare and lean and double your water!
Old 02-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #1144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCPeachey
Stats: 271/259/145
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: 6/22/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
HI Peeps! Just spent 2hours cleaning my apartment--that better count as exercise! Was washing and vacuming and polishing--the dust!!!!!! Seriously I think my sofa actually attracts it-like a magnet!! It's from IKEA-I was so happy when I first went into that store here cos up until a year ago we didn't have one--I used to just see things in magazines and drool---not sure about the quality tho!! Anyway back to my sofa-it has a very light barely pink cover that I got fom Bemz--and I have to use a roller thing that you use to take fluff and hair off clothes to "dust it"!!
Now I'm having tea in my Hello Kitty mug!!
Hi Peachy! Welcome! Glad you joined us-we love lurkers but even more when they talk(type!) This is the best supportive bunch of people ever! Definitely do QWL-you'll so win TBL at work! How exciting! Not sure I'd want to be weighed in front of coworkers tho!
I did pretty much QWL the whole time to lose the weight. Well up until about May I had been having a small salad with it in the evening(lett. cukes, peppers and tomatoes) Then I stalled so cut. And sometimes I did have mayo-def not always tho. Those carbs were prob still way under 10 a day so it was still vlc and vlf.--so def not Atkins. It was tuna, eggs, chicken and the salad- every day!!
I think it does work the best for losing the weight-I find that a high fat content really ups the cals and so you don't lose as well--that seems to be true in my case! I can't even seem to eat ground beef but I stall!
I eat my meat and stuff plain-mainly because I can't cook!! But also I'm so used to the plain taste it doesn't nother me at all!!
Good luck with it! We def want you to win TBL!!
THANK YOU FOR SHARING ...
Old 02-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #1145
Big Yapper!!!!

To weigh tomorrow or not-that is the question, people?????
Last time was not good! And it annoys me , to put it mildly! when it doesn't move in the right direction, but then I think I need to know-especially if it's up again!
Decisions, decisions.........
Old 02-21-2010, 12:52 PM   #1146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Is turkey bacon allowed??? Thanks everyone... Im ready to drop this weight... Ive got plenty of thighs and legs.. I hate eggs I can only really stomach the whites... Ive got ground beef but its not the leanest meat , yep this will take some getting used to.... Thanks everyone for any suggestions that you have...
Old 02-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #1147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
GT- Weigh tomorrow- If it's not what you want to see then it will let you know that you need to make some changes- Remember we are right here with ya.

My net is a little messed up so I'll change my stats tomorrow-
Old 02-21-2010, 01:13 PM   #1148
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Peachey! I dunno if it's the same in the U.S. but turkey bacon is lean enough but it will have salt in it. I would try and stay away from processed meats-too salty and it'll make you retain water-not good! I think the only advice I can give is to try and keep it clean and lean! The egg whites are good!! Stay away from the ground beef-well not after you've bought it, obviously!! I think thighs and legs are fatty enough too-tho actually I'm not relly sure. Stillman always says lean meats only!!You should read the stickies at the beginning of the thread-it'll give you all the info!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 02-21-2010, 01:16 PM   #1149
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
GT- Weigh tomorrow- If it's not what you want to see then it will let you know that you need to make some changes-
Yeah that's exactely what I was thinking!! I mightn't like it but at least I'll know I have to tweak something!
Old 02-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #1150
Big Yapper!!!!

I drank 126 fl.ounces today!!! Go me!!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #1151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
Hi Nermo and GT.... sing along with me...

Oh where, oh where have our stillman buds gone?
Oh where, oh where can they be?
We need them back, so we dont get fat
Perhaps their just off eating meat?
That's just adorable Al
Old 02-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #1152
Blabbermouth!!!

paleo, do you have to p90x everyday, or does your body get a break?
Old 02-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #1153
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
GO YOU!!!!! I just sipped on hot water and it tasted soooo much better than black coffee!!
Old 02-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #1154
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
GO YOU!!!!! I just sipped on hot water and it tasted soooo much better than black coffee!!
Oh I don't think I could ever drink it warm!!
Old 02-21-2010, 03:31 PM   #1155
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh I don't think I could ever drink it warm!!
Neither did I. Give it a try! Gonna see how bad the headaches are tomorrow but Im hoping to wean myself off coffee completely.. I just love the torture.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:31 PM   #1156
Blabbermouth!!!

So, Ive got lots of pork and chicken thawing in the fridge...gonna have a cook fest when I get home!
Old 02-21-2010, 03:38 PM   #1157
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPeachey View Post
Is turkey bacon allowed??? Thanks everyone... Im ready to drop this weight... Ive got plenty of thighs and legs.. I hate eggs I can only really stomach the whites... Ive got ground beef but its not the leanest meat , yep this will take some getting used to.... Thanks everyone for any suggestions that you have...
Hi Peachy! I missed this earlier... I would skip the bacon even it is turkey. Cook up lots of chicken breast, ground turkey and pork chops. Twice as much as you would normally eat, and start the chow down. You will have amazing results. If you only eat the whites of the eggs, thats even less fat, so go for it!

IM2 rinses her ground beef to get as much fat out of there as possible. As for the chicken legs, for quickest results, dont eat the skin.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!
Old 02-21-2010, 03:43 PM   #1158
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Neither did I. Give it a try! Gonna see how bad the headaches are tomorrow but Im hoping to wean myself off coffee completely.. I just love the torture.
Why would you do that to yourself!!!!!!!!
Ok I've decided I am weighing tomorrow! I have brought the scale up fom the cellar in preparation....so if you don't hear from me you know I've smashed it up and been taken away to the mad house!!!!!
I am off to bed!! Nite nite!!
Old 02-21-2010, 04:10 PM   #1159
Blabbermouth!!!

Now I would have said to wait until Tuesday!!! Hope the darn thing cooperates tomorrow, for its own sake!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:31 PM   #1160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ive decided that Monday will not start my Stillmans venture .. Im gonna wait until I get the right foods in the house first... I actually just went shoppin so all that food is definetlly not going to waste... I will probably take a week to get rid of that stuff so I will be doing the meat and egg thing... Im gonna stick around until I get it right... Thanks all for the info ... Im lookin forward to my Stillmans trekk ...
Old 02-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #1161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Hi there been lurking this thread for some time now.... @ Getting there did you lose all your weight on Stillmans??? I so want to try it but dont know if I could go with no fat at all... I can eat boiled chicken all day or some type of broiled/ boiled meat but I usually put butter in there to give it a little flavor ... How tasteless is chicken without anything on it...lol Guess im not ready yet... Can you have turkey bacon on stillmans??
Peachy. .Join us.. you'll be happy you did. .You can do it. .I know you can.. We rock! I've stuck around because I love everyone and all the positive vibes!!! .. Once you are on plan for a week, you never miss anything. . even now.. after months and months. I still gravitate back to my meat!! Meat Rocks!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:49 PM   #1162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
To weigh tomorrow or not-that is the question, people?????
Last time was not good! And it annoys me , to put it mildly! when it doesn't move in the right direction, but then I think I need to know-especially if it's up again!
Decisions, decisions.........
I'm back to weighing every day.. keeps me accountable.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:52 PM   #1163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

you are my new hero!! Awesome job
Old 02-21-2010, 11:51 PM   #1164
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
paleo, do you have to p90x everyday, or does your body get a break?
Hiya. You work out hard 6 days a week and the 7th day you get to choose whether you want to do the "stretch x" DVD or just rest.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:06 AM   #1165
Senior LCF Member

P90X Lean, official day 1. Today was Core Synergistics, not as tough as yesterday's Chest & Back + Ab Ripper workout, but no walk in the park either. I suddenly ran out of juice about 40 mins in, to the point where I quickly had to mix and chug a whey protein shake with 2T of maltodextrin added. That worked like jet fuel and I was able to rocket through the rest with energy to spare. Tomorrow I'll have the shake before I get going and see how that works.

One thing is certain, I'll be needing some carbs for this program. I'm not sure how other folks are managing to stick with a totally low carb eating plan while working out this hard, but I found out today that it won't work for me. I'm going to experiment with 50-80 grams a day, so I guess that rules out a Stillman's approach going forward.

I hope it's ok with everyone if I still check in on you guys while I'm off the official plan.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:42 AM   #1166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
My blood sugar has been severely low still! I can't seem to get it above 60!! and that's with eating protein every two hrs! I have been eating some lettuce and a few veggies today to see if I can get my blood sugar to at least 80, but no such luck! I really don't want to go see the Doc, but I think i better. I hate doing that darn glucose test! GRRR effen GRRR! (that's me cussing..lol) Well i will check back in tomorrow between clients! I am still eating low carb, low fat, just trying to figure out whats going on! I even cut the green tea out to see if it was the reason i am bottoming out.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:23 AM   #1167
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
Quote:

PS- I LOVE IKEA!!! Every room in my house is furnished with at leat something from that glorious store! and its only 7 minutes away from me!!!
Right here! Sorry, had a busy weekend and no time to catch up on posts. Everyone is doing so awesome and now we have some new friends as well.... Peachy, I put hot sauce on EVERYTHING! I swear, I could eat anything as long as I had my Frank's to sprinkle on top! I also am not as low fat as most of the good folks on this board, and hence I am losing at a slower rate (but still losing!) My favorite Stillman's recipe is still the cola chicken...(diet cola and low sugar catsup)...YUM!

Fos some reason, after 7 weeks and virtually NO cheats, I was sooooooooooooo tempted last night! I finally caved and had a handful of pistachio's...I know not so horrible, but they were really salty, so I am debating getting on the scale this morning. I might just wait until tomorrow. I was soooooooo close to seeing the 140's at the end of last week, tho.

Well, I got up early to get some work done...better get to it....
Kathy
Old 02-22-2010, 02:24 AM   #1168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
Quote:

PS- I LOVE IKEA!!! Every room in my house is furnished with at leat something from that glorious store! and its only 7 minutes away from me!!!
Right here! Sorry, had a busy weekend and no time to catch up on posts. Everyone is doing so awesome and now we have some new friends as well.... Peachy, I put hot sauce on EVERYTHING! I swear, I could eat anything as long as I had my Frank's to sprinkle on top! I also am not as low fat as most of the good folks on this board, and hence I am losing at a slower rate (but still losing!) My favorite Stillman's recipe is still the cola chicken...(diet cola and low sugar catsup)...YUM!

Fos some reason, after 7 weeks and virtually NO cheats, I was sooooooooooooo tempted last night! I finally caved and had a handful of pistachio's...I know not so horrible, but they were really salty, so I am debating getting on the scale this morning. I might just wait until tomorrow. I was soooooooo close to seeing the 140's at the end of last week, tho.

Well, I got up early to get some work done...better get to it....
Kathy
Old 02-22-2010, 03:05 AM   #1169
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok I weighed. Down the 2lbs I put on. And another whole .8. So that's a measly .8lbs since Monday the 8th----that people is crap!!!
I use one of those Tanita scales-the body fat % did say it had gone down .4 the first time and then I weighed again(as you do!!) and it went up a.% so said I had losat .3%. The muscle% was exactely the same. And I'm not sure about the water-I don't really take that much notice of it really but I think it might have been slightly up.
See, I shouldn't have weighed--I'm in a bad mood!!! It just makes me want to eat a whole packet of cookies! Actually no-it just makes me want to eat something normal-like a sandwich at lunch and not sit there and drink tea!!! Or buy something other than turkey, eggs and tuna at the supermarket.
And the other really annoying thing, more than the scale is that I'm not losing inches-I measure, and nothing, nada!! Well actually I'm not sure, I think I might have lost .5inch off my hips--but that it since November, people!!!!!!!
OK rant over!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im2--you are such an inspiration. I don't know how you stuck with this for so long when the scale wasn't moving, I really don't! I would have given up long ago!
Old 02-22-2010, 06:00 AM   #1170
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ive decided that Monday will not start my Stillmans venture .. Im gonna wait until I get the right foods in the house first... I actually just went shoppin so all that food is definetlly not going to waste... I will probably take a week to get rid of that stuff so I will be doing the meat and egg thing... Im gonna stick around until I get it right... Thanks all for the info ... Im lookin forward to my Stillmans trekk ...
Stick with us peachy! Your menu for this week is just like mine. I lost my initial weight following a strict QWL, but realized after a while that I felt better with the extra fat. Now, the loss is much slower but I can control it now. I can tell when I eat ground beef and chicken legs I maintain or lose a pound, but when I do 2 days of tuna and turkey or lean pork, I go down 2. This is after months of this. You will see much better results. So join me in some chicken legs cause Ive got 24 defrosting!!
Closed Thread