Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 08:11 AM   #1111
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi Im2! Enjot the game and the sledding!! Beef fo brekkie--yuum!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #1112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sammykay
Stats: 197:170.2:125
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: 02/15/2010
paleopaleo
I am doing the program with lower carbs - more like stillmans... I dont really believe what they say in the nutrition book. Have you gone to the bulletin boards. You will find plenty of people that have modified the diet book to keep carbs vlc.

The workouts are very difficult. I have so much lactic acid built up. I am sure that is what happens when you go from nothing to over an hour a day. I am going to wait until tuesday to weigh in. I am sure my muscles are repairing and holding onto water
Old 02-20-2010, 12:18 PM   #1113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammykay View Post
paleopaleo
I am doing the program with lower carbs - more like stillmans... I dont really believe what they say in the nutrition book. Have you gone to the bulletin boards. You will find plenty of people that have modified the diet book to keep carbs vlc.

The workouts are very difficult. I have so much lactic acid built up. I am sure that is what happens when you go from nothing to over an hour a day. I am going to wait until tuesday to weigh in. I am sure my muscles are repairing and holding onto water
Thanks so much for your reply Sammy. I really hope your muscles feel better very soon. I can now personally attest to the difficulty of the program. It's definitely not for sissies

As for me, I really do feel like I have to keep the carbs fairly low, since my blood sugar is already unstable again and making me ravenous. I've been reading on the bulletin boards, but I think I need to investigate more and also trust my own knowledge and experience.

Last edited by paleopaleo; 02-20-2010 at 12:28 PM..
Old 02-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #1114
Senior LCF Member

Aaaargh! I started P90X classic for the first time today and half way through the workout my ancient DVD player finally gave out. I was beyond bummed as I'd been feeling so proud of myself for not making any excuses, although I definitely do feel like I worked out. Don't be fooled - P90X is HARD!

Anyway, I'll be buying a new DVD player this afternoon and count tomorrow as my official first day.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #1115
Senior LCF Member

Forgot to mention, I am so hungry I could eat a whole cow right now. I'm sure it's the combo of adding carbs again and working out hard, but it's not making me happy.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #1116
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Awwwww Paleo- that stinks!!
Old 02-20-2010, 12:25 PM   #1117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hello Everyone,

Wow I still haven't caught up yet with all the pages. Remember yesterday I was bummed out about my vacation and gaining 1.5 pounds well I kept weeeing all night and today I am 244 weird huh? Well I am happy again and today I stayed 100 % on plan

Sammy by the way I just saw your question I lost almost 30 pounds since the 10th of January '10.

I am glad to see we are all on track and I am glad I had you guys to pick me up when I fell off.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:50 PM   #1118
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
was bummed out about my vacation and gaining 1.5 pounds well I kept weeeing all night and today I am 244 weird huh? Well I am happy again and today I stayed 100 % on plan
Im happy too!! What great news!
Old 02-20-2010, 03:45 PM   #1119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
just saying hi and i am doing well.. will ttyl
Old 02-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #1120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCPeachey
Stats: 271/259/145
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: 6/22/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi Im2! Enjot the game and the sledding!! Beef fo brekkie--yuum!!!
Hi there been lurking this thread for some time now.... @ Getting there did you lose all your weight on Stillmans??? I so want to try it but dont know if I could go with no fat at all... I can eat boiled chicken all day or some type of broiled/ boiled meat but I usually put butter in there to give it a little flavor ... How tasteless is chicken without anything on it...lol Guess im not ready yet... Can you have turkey bacon on stillmans??
Old 02-20-2010, 11:02 PM   #1121
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPeachey View Post
Hi there been lurking this thread for some time now.... @ Getting there did you lose all your weight on Stillmans??? I so want to try it but dont know if I could go with no fat at all... I can eat boiled chicken all day or some type of broiled/ boiled meat but I usually put butter in there to give it a little flavor ... How tasteless is chicken without anything on it...lol Guess im not ready yet... Can you have turkey bacon on stillmans??
Welcome Peachy! He, he, you'd be surprised how satisfying some chicken breast sauteed in broth can be Just get going and soon you'll be doing great!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:15 PM   #1122
Senior LCF Member

Ok, so I've decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and just do my best with this P90X thing. Instead of doing the Classic version, which is very focused on adding muscle, I'm planning to start tomorrow with the Lean program, which is more core stengthening and cardio. I actually really dislike cardio and much prefer strength training, but hopefully this way I can still eat a sort of modified Stillman's and avoid the blood sugar issues I seem to get whenever I try to add "workout level" carbs.

On a another positive note, with my hubby's help I managed to obtain another DVD player and finish the rest of today's workout. Holy schmoly, I'm gonna be sore tomorrow!

So here's my action plan for the next 90 days (subject to modification of course!):
Lean protein to hunger, green juice/smoothies, some low GI salad, some berries, 5 cups green tea per day, minimum 12 cups of water, supplements, P90X & lots of sleep.

If I can actually stick to that plan for real, I should be in pretty reasonable shape by the end of it!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:43 PM   #1123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCPeachey
Stats: 271/259/145
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: 6/22/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
Welcome Peachy! He, he, you'd be surprised how satisfying some chicken breast sauteed in broth can be Just get going and soon you'll be doing great!
Never tried that ... Hmmmm im really thinkin of starting Stillmans Monday.... I need to get a jumpstart on this weightloss, got a wedding to attend in May and I wanna look my best.. Also im doing the biggest loser at work and I wanna win... Thanks, good looking out ...
Old 02-21-2010, 05:29 AM   #1124
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Paleo! Now thats a plan of attack! I love it. We'll be here to make sure you stay on track! Keep it up!

Hi Peachy! Im so glad you're joining us. You will get some serious results by May. I think we all had a hard time eliminating the stuff that makes meat taste so good. Most of us use lots of seasonings and spices and the then theres always mustard and hotsauce. After a few days, it does get easier. I promise. Right everyone???!!??

We have lots of ways to prepare our meats and we still come up with new ones! IM2 does an awesome turkey breast w/ onion soup mix, a terryaki pork or chicken, and even BBQ! We gave turkey soup a good run a while back. After a while, you may even find that you dont need to season as much and you'll be well and happy with the meat.

You'll get the quickest results from QWL, but theres also a 14 Day shape up plan that includes the low carb veggies. LEts start today! Nows the time!

Shhhhhhhh- Dont tell your coworkers what plan you are doing. You are sure to win!
Old 02-21-2010, 05:34 AM   #1125
Blabbermouth!!!

GT- You should put your story on your profile page. (if it will fit) Its definitely the most inspiring of all. Everyone wants the scoop on you. We have so many threads, I cant even imagine trying to find the ones where you told us how you got there. You are awesome!
Old 02-21-2010, 06:39 AM   #1126
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammykay View Post
paleopaleo
Hi Sammy! Can you give us some examples of what you eat on p90x? Do you up the fat or do have enough energy without it?
Old 02-21-2010, 06:41 AM   #1127
Blabbermouth!!!

Will p90x get rid of my saggy belly and butt skin? I know this is a really gross visual, but its not that bad, really..
Old 02-21-2010, 07:16 AM   #1128
Senior LCF Member

GT- yes please do tell us your story- It would be so motivating to all of us !
Old 02-21-2010, 09:31 AM   #1129
Big Yapper!!!!

HI Peeps! Just spent 2hours cleaning my apartment--that better count as exercise! Was washing and vacuming and polishing--the dust!!!!!! Seriously I think my sofa actually attracts it-like a magnet!! It's from IKEA-I was so happy when I first went into that store here cos up until a year ago we didn't have one--I used to just see things in magazines and drool---not sure about the quality tho!! Anyway back to my sofa-it has a very light barely pink cover that I got fom Bemz--and I have to use a roller thing that you use to take fluff and hair off clothes to "dust it"!!
Now I'm having tea in my Hello Kitty mug!!
Hi Peachy! Welcome! Glad you joined us-we love lurkers but even more when they talk(type!) This is the best supportive bunch of people ever! Definitely do QWL-you'll so win TBL at work! How exciting! Not sure I'd want to be weighed in front of coworkers tho!
I did pretty much QWL the whole time to lose the weight. Well up until about May I had been having a small salad with it in the evening(lett. cukes, peppers and tomatoes) Then I stalled so cut. And sometimes I did have mayo-def not always tho. Those carbs were prob still way under 10 a day so it was still vlc and vlf.--so def not Atkins. It was tuna, eggs, chicken and the salad- every day!!
I think it does work the best for losing the weight-I find that a high fat content really ups the cals and so you don't lose as well--that seems to be true in my case! I can't even seem to eat ground beef but I stall!
I eat my meat and stuff plain-mainly because I can't cook!! But also I'm so used to the plain taste it doesn't nother me at all!!
Good luck with it! We def want you to win TBL!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 02-21-2010, 09:36 AM   #1130
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Nermo and GT.... sing along with me...

Oh where, oh where have our stillman buds gone?
Oh where, oh where can they be?
We need them back, so we dont get fat
Perhaps their just off eating meat?

PS- I LOVE IKEA!!! Every room in my house is furnished with at leat something from that glorious store! and its only 7 minutes away from me!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:39 AM   #1131
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
GT- You should put your story on your profile page. (if it will fit) Its definitely the most inspiring of all. Everyone wants the scoop on you. We have so many threads, I cant even imagine trying to find the ones where you told us how you got there. You are awesome!
Well you haven't exactely done badly yourself, Missy!!!!!!!!!!!
I so won't be putting it on my profile!!! I seriously bore myself when I type it!! You guys must know it off by heart at this stage!!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:41 AM   #1132
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
GT- yes please do tell us your story- It would be so motivating to all of us !
Don't worry the way you're going you'll be writing your journey in no time!!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:42 AM   #1133
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Well you haven't exactely done badly yourself, Missy!!!!!!!!!!!
awww...gee...thanks buddy! :blush:
Old 02-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #1134
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

PS- I LOVE IKEA!!! Every room in my house is furnished with at leat something from that glorious store! and its only 7 minutes away from me!!!
Oh meeeeeee toooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooo jealous that it's so close!! I love it!!! I wanted pink LACK side tables but they were gone-and not coming back--I even got someone to try and get me the display models-and after a lot of eyelash fluttering he agreed and climbed up a huge ladder to try and get them down but they were nailed up and so would have had holes in them!
Sometimes when I have nothing to read I read the catalogue!!
Old 02-21-2010, 10:04 AM   #1135
Blabbermouth!!!

....picking up the catalog now.... for the 1000th time.. I almost got those pink tables for my daughters room...now Im mad that they wont be avail. anymore...darnit
Old 02-21-2010, 11:36 AM   #1136
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
....picking up the catalog now.... for the 1000th time.. I almost got those pink tables for my daughters room...now Im mad that they wont be avail. anymore...darnit
Oh no-isn't your daughter 5?????!!!!! Bit embarrassing for me!!!!!!!!!! Hee!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #1137
Big Yapper!!!!

No it's worse---isn't she 3!!!!!! Oh no!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 12:04 PM   #1138
Blabbermouth!!!

Dont be embarrased! Pink just wouldnt look good in any other room. I have a very colorful house - Blue kitchen, brown and tan living room, burnt orange bathroon, yellow hallway, red bedroom, green family room. Kids rooms are blue & yellow, and pick and green. Only thing Im missing is purple... perhaps if there's ever an addition....hmmm
Old 02-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #1139
Senior LCF Member

ok I am officially changing my stats- I don't know what happened but I am now 242.6. That is officially -30 POUNDS <--------- Happy Happy Dance !!!!!

Peachy I love that signature quote well i have 42.6 pounds yo onederland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #1140
Senior LCF Member

Do u guys think I can pull that off before April 1st ????
Closed Thread