Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 09:39 PM   #781
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
well i got on the scale today and i weigh 164! My Valentines day goal was to be 165 and hopefully tomorrow I will be 163 It would sure be great! I can't wait until I get to the 150's! I will be so happy!!! I put on the size ten jeans, buttoned them and zipped em up! I was shocked! They were quite tight, but two days ago I had three inches before i could close them! I did have a muffin top and a jelly roll because they were too tight oh well it's better than nothing he he he
Woohoo!!! So happy for you. Such a great feeling when things start to fall in place again, so to speak

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2010, 10:06 PM   #782
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
OK a little background- Before I gained all this weight I was such the fashion queen, I mean I wouldn't go out the door without my hair and make up done- my high platform boots and shoes- never wore flats I mean never- THEN THE WEIGHT CAME ON (like overnight, LOL) then I became slumpy everything loose and shawls and nothing but ballerina flats, didn't put on make up or fix up my hair seriously I was a mess- just until I started stillman's seriously even though it's only 20 + pounds and I still have a whole lot to lose- I started doing my hair and make up and started wearing some high heels and boots. I can't believe that I am starting to feel good about myself again.

I just wish it would happen a lot faster
Oh my goodness, I can so totally relate to what you said. I was always in great shape until I became pregnant and gained a whole bunch of weight. I lost all but 10lbs of it within six months, but I haven't managed to permanently go down any further since then. In fact, I'm always fluctuating between 10 and 20lbs above my goal weight.

Whenever I'm on the lower end of the weight fluctuation, I start caring about my wardrobe and looks again. At the upper end, I just wear the same few nondescript items all the time because I don't feel sexy anyway. I always wear mascara and lipstick though, since I feel a bit naked without it.

Thin really is the new happy, isn't it?

Last edited by paleopaleo; 02-13-2010 at 10:25 PM..
Old 02-14-2010, 03:40 AM   #783
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Happy Valentine's Day peeps!! Hope there's lots of romance!!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 05:39 AM   #784
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Good Morning everyone! Happy Valentines Day! I'm off and running to church but I'll check in later! Hope everyone has great a great flower filled day. .NO Candy!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 06:17 AM   #785
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
well i got on the scale today and i weigh 164! My Valentines day goal was to be 165 and hopefully tomorrow I will be 163 It would sure be great! I can't wait until I get to the 150's! I will be so happy!!! I put on the size ten jeans, buttoned them and zipped em up! I was shocked! They were quite tight, but two days ago I had three inches before i could close them! I did have a muffin top and a jelly roll because they were too tight oh well it's better than nothing he he he
Lisa, that is so awesome! You hit goal and beyond! Thats the stillman way. You must feel great! I used to call my muffing top, hamburger hips, like the meat hanging off the side of the buns....Stillmans chops that meat right off!! Im so happy for you.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:19 AM   #786
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
i cooked up some chili flavored ground beef, ground pork, chunks of chicken breast and beef steak. Have it it the crock pot simmering. I seasoned it with chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and cumin... Can't wait til its done! MMMM
This is something I do ALL THE TIME. Except I never thought to cook all the meats together. Good idea-thanks! I love me some cayenne!
Old 02-14-2010, 06:23 AM   #787
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I stopped in Kmart on my way from the gym and I noticed that they have Knock off shape-ups for 34.99! Tried on a pair.. they feel neat. . but I want to wait until I have a chance to try the shape-ups to see how close they are. I hate to spend 100 on shoes I might only wear once in a while. .

AL: I hope you enjoy your steak!!
I would totally buy the cheap ones IM2! I dont know if I mentioned it, but I gave the sneaks to my Mom. I am normally a size 7 and I bought a 71/2 shape up. I realized that they were too tight because my toes would get cold. They were still comfortable but I think I really needed an 8 or I wish they came in wide. You cant tell when you're walking around in the store for a few minutes. So, definitely pick up a bigger size if you decide to go for it.

My mom is a size 6 shoe, and the 71/2s arent giving her any trouble.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:25 AM   #788
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Confession time: Hubby is having his Man night tonight. he's at a wild game dinner and I'm home alone with the little ones. . . Do you want to know what I cheated on tonight? Get this. . Prunes (yes, Prunes) and a spoonful of peanut butter. . how dumb was that? I really wanted Candy?? not quite sure why so I thought the prunes would be a better alternative, which they were. . Sweet enough except now I feel bloated. . OK ..more water for me.. .
You still made a wise and healthy decision. Peanut butter is protein and the prunes will getcha movin. Im sure you were extra hungry from the workout and the run. Dont worry about it. You are doing a great job!
Old 02-14-2010, 06:37 AM   #789
Blabbermouth!!!

Ladies, I feel so refreshed, happy and renewed this morning. I had such a wonderful night last night. The kids slept at grandmas and when I got home from work, the lights were out, candles in every room, piano music playing throughout, and there were wrapped gifts for me on the table. Hubby and I do not normally make VDay a big deal, so this was a total surprise! He went on a victoria secret shopping spree, and I would of loved to be a fly on the wall when he did. heehee The real shocker is everything was the right size!!! He was telling the girl at VS, shes a little shorter than you, but kinda the same up top, but smaller here, but almost just like you there.... soo funny.

Yeah! I can throw my walmart intimates out!!!! Oh! and I got Super Mario for the wii too. I am one super lucky girl! i am loving this attention!

also, went to dindin and had a big ole juicy slab of prime rib. Captains cut- oh yeah!! The waiter asked me if I was sure I didnt want the "Mates" cut. Heck no! man!!
Old 02-14-2010, 06:39 AM   #790
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh theres more.... because the kids are still at my moms...I got to sleep til 8:30!!! I am on such a high right now, I should probably go jog around the block!

or not....

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!!!! BBL
Old 02-14-2010, 07:33 AM   #791
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Great for you Al- Sounds real romatic, NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Al you deserve it- u are a real support on this forum- U always have supportive words for everyone ! so if anyone deserves it , it has to be u
Glad you are having a Happy Vday !!

Anyway today I am 245 I can't believe it, I am melting heheh!

46 more pounds and I will get out of the 200's I really can't wait !
I asked this question before but u know how we lose so much weight in the beginning then start losing a little slower- I am debating a refeed. I have not cheated not even once since I started- I will be going away for a few days on Tuesday probably be back Friday- Visiting family outta state.

Happy heart: Day All
Old 02-14-2010, 07:55 AM   #792
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Al that sounds wonderful!! How romantic your hubby is! You deserve it! Bet he loves the new improved version of his wife!!!!!
I had steak last night too--yum!!
Old 02-14-2010, 07:59 AM   #793
Big Yapper!!!!

Don't do the refeed Nermo!!! Well if you do make it still low-carb like veggies or something. I don't think it really kicks weight-loss! And anyway you don't need a kick--you're like shrinking away!! Maybe if you were having a huge long stall then maybe I would say it(though I think upping the fat works well for that)
Old 02-14-2010, 08:01 AM   #794
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post

Thin really is the new happy, isn't it?
I love that! I want to steal it and use as my siggy! (if I knew how to do that!)

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 02-14-2010 at 08:05 AM..
Old 02-14-2010, 08:03 AM   #795
Big Yapper!!!!

I dunno how you ate prunes, Im2--I hate them!!!
Good job on the running!! Wow!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 08:27 AM   #796
Senior LCF Member

lol ok I wont do it GT honestly i think I am just trying to find an excuse to cheat !
Old 02-14-2010, 08:38 AM   #797
Senior LCF Member

r we allowed to have those chicken bouillon cubes?
Old 02-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #798
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Ladies, I feel so refreshed, happy and renewed this morning. I had such a wonderful night last night. The kids slept at grandmas and when I got home from work, the lights were out, candles in every room, piano music playing throughout, and there were wrapped gifts for me on the table. Hubby and I do not normally make VDay a big deal, so this was a total surprise! He went on a victoria secret shopping spree, and I would of loved to be a fly on the wall when he did. heehee The real shocker is everything was the right size!!! He was telling the girl at VS, shes a little shorter than you, but kinda the same up top, but smaller here, but almost just like you there.... soo funny.

Yeah! I can throw my walmart intimates out!!!! Oh! and I got Super Mario for the wii too. I am one super lucky girl! i am loving this attention!

also, went to dindin and had a big ole juicy slab of prime rib. Captains cut- oh yeah!! The waiter asked me if I was sure I didnt want the "Mates" cut. Heck no! man!!
Oh wow that's so Amazing! My guy is not romantic at all. Would love for something like that to hapen LOL So happy for ya Al You deserve it sweetie!
Old 02-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #799
Senior LCF Member

V-Day Disater

I woke up to nothing, not even a Happy Valentines Day and I took a picture of a ring I wanted for V-day a few days ago and he said oh great now I'm expected to buy you something.. great! He was upset at me. I'm giving him the quiet treatment today, maybe the rest of the week. No flowers, no card just NOTHING! I can't stop crying. He said we will go to the store and get you your ring.. geeezzz.. Yeah thanks a little to late, I was gone all day yesterday just so he could go out and get something. Even dropped the hint I will be gone for a few hours if you need to go get something from the store.. DUHH! Now I don't want anything from him, because I know it wont be from the heart!

It's okay though, I am not going to let it get me off track! NO EMOTIONAL EATING HERE!

I just can't wait for the day he sees me all thin and sexy and sees how much attention I get... Maybe he will be reminded on what good of a girl friend he has. I mean the guys already hit on me left and right and I'm fat right now! Just wait.. just wait...
Old 02-14-2010, 09:35 AM   #800
Senior LCF Member

Oh Lisa- I am so sorry- but you know some men just don't do romance thing- that really doesn't tell you about their feelings- I am sure Chris really cares for you and do remember you just got that new car! Maybe it's not a good time for him financially. Anyway I am glad you are not doing that emotional eating thing ! Good Luck and stay on track ! If it helps we all you here!!
Old 02-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #801
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I would totally buy the cheap ones IM2! I dont know if I mentioned it, but I gave the sneaks to my Mom. I am normally a size 7 and I bought a 71/2 shape up. I realized that they were too tight because my toes would get cold. They were still comfortable but I think I really needed an 8 or I wish they came in wide. You cant tell when you're walking around in the store for a few minutes. So, definitely pick up a bigger size if you decide to go for it.

My mom is a size 6 shoe, and the 71/2s arent giving her any trouble.
They are on sale today for 24.99 (saw in ad) and they do come in Wide. Perhaps I will induldge. .
Old 02-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #802
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I woke up to nothing, not even a Happy Valentines Day and I took a picture of a ring I wanted for V-day a few days ago and he said oh great now I'm expected to buy you something.. great! He was upset at me. I'm giving him the quiet treatment today, maybe the rest of the week. No flowers, no card just NOTHING! I can't stop crying. He said we will go to the store and get you your ring.. geeezzz.. Yeah thanks a little to late, I was gone all day yesterday just so he could go out and get something. Even dropped the hint I will be gone for a few hours if you need to go get something from the store.. DUHH! Now I don't want anything from him, because I know it wont be from the heart!

It's okay though, I am not going to let it get me off track! NO EMOTIONAL EATING HERE!

I just can't wait for the day he sees me all thin and sexy and sees how much attention I get... Maybe he will be reminded on what good of a girl friend he has. I mean the guys already hit on me left and right and I'm fat right now! Just wait.. just wait...
Lisa! You poor thing but I hate to tell you but some men just don't get it. Weigh everything else out. My guy is terrific but he just doesn't have a romantic bone in his body. For years I would get upset about it but I've come to realize, unless I tell him specifically what to do. he won't (and we all know its no fun to have to ask). I just remind myself of his better qualities and the stuff he does for me every day. He gets me coffee on the weekend without asking. . he does scrub the floor, he makes me a drink out of the blue, he rubs my back. .he watches the kids so I can go out with the girls, he drives the kids everywhere. .he warms up my car. . There are just some things I wouldn't trade for the world. I can always buy myself jewelry. .
But. .I do understand. .I've always thought about what it would be like to get something he picked out himself and thought about and actually went to get. .Neva gonna happen..

I did, however, let him sleep in this morning (after his night out), took the kids to the mall after church and got him a new duffle bag for the gym. How nice am I? He isn't going to get his real present this year. . Stupid TOM!!!! :blush:
Old 02-14-2010, 10:57 AM   #803
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al: You better tell your hubby we are all jealous with Envy!!! You deserve it. .you've worked hard and inspired the rest of us. I doubt I would continue to log in if it weren't for you and MS, GT, Lisa, Dustin, Kath, Pale, Nermo and all the lurkers. ..
Old 02-14-2010, 12:12 PM   #804
Senior LCF Member

Well said IM2
Old 02-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #805
Senior LCF Member

TO ALL MY STILLMAN BUDDIES !

Valentine's Day...

It's not just for lovers, husbands, and wives.

It's also for those who dearly touch our lives!

Thank you guys and hope you had a good one !heart:
Old 02-14-2010, 12:59 PM   #806
Senior LCF Member

OK just gonna ask the question again- u know the chicken stock cubes i think they are called chicken bouillon cubes are they ok on stillman?
Old 02-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #807
Senior LCF Member

V-Day

Yes he does me, I know this very well. When it comes to finances things are decent now that I work full time and we share a bank account. He did end up getting me the ring. It wasn't an expensive one, so I didn't think it would matter. He apologized and told me that he did want me to have the ring and was going to get it for me yesterday, but was really enjoying his time alone at home and didn't feel like going anywhere. I can understand that. If he would have just said that to begin with maybe it would have hurt my feelings a lot less is all!! Well as you can see from the picture we are doing much better. Thanks for all the support everyone! I didn't go off stillmans at all either! YAY!
Old 02-14-2010, 06:05 PM   #808
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nermo.. thanks for the lovely sentiment. :-) I had a busy day with my boys. . Hubby came close to getting me something. . He dropped me off at the store so I could get my shoes.. Hehehe. .I did and have been wearing them all day... They are very, very comfy and I'm thinking I might just like them. .I did end up getting a Wide as they are made a little narrow. I'm going to wear them next time I go to the gym to see if there is a difference. . supposed to help the knees. . and mine do ache every now and again. .I'll report back..

Dustin? do you still wear yours?

Last edited by IM2fat; 02-14-2010 at 06:06 PM..
Old 02-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #809
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: msmotivation
Introduction

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the forum, but have been lurking for some time. You guys are very informative and motivating so thanks for giving me that push to get started

I started Stillman's on Friday (I NEVER start a diet on a Friday but I was so anxious to get started I couldn't wait).

I weighed in Saturday morning and had lost 4.2lbs! I could NOT believe it!

But today, I only lost 1.8lbs and I'm scared about tomorrow's weigh-in because...

My mother got engaged today and it was an awesome, total surprise.
We celebrated with lobster, steak baked potatoes with broccoli and cheese, crab salad, and breadsticks

Let's just say I was a BAD GIRL today and I'm starting fresh tomorrow.
I've already seen what this diet can do so it is ON

I'll keep you posted on my progress... thanks everyone!
Old 02-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #810
Senior LCF Member

Motivation- welcome aboard! We love newbies here. trust me you will never find a more supportive bunch like this one!

Congratulations on your mom's engagement- don't worry about the mess up tomorrrow is a brand new day!

Hop on the stillman wagon- the wagon is getting lighter and lighter.
Closed Thread