Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 04:28 PM   #691
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Yup! Down 2lbs! About time! Kept bouncing around 137/138. Don't feel myself getting any smaller tho!!!!!!!! Nothing getting looser!!
WOOO HOO GT! AWESOME

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #692
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
TGI Almost Friday!!!!! Kathy's having an end of the week glass of wine tonight...
Old 02-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #693
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
We get to enjoy YOU before, during, and after the 10 pounds! Yay for us!

Ahhh. .you guys always make me feel better! Thank you. . thank you!
Old 02-11-2010, 05:28 PM   #694
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustLoveDogs08 View Post
TGI Almost Friday!!!!! Kathy's having an end of the week glass of wine tonight...
I hear ya, Kath! I had to leave work early again today to take my boy to the Dr. . had a little incident on the play ground. Sheesh. .Tomorrow is my first official girls night out of the year. . I'm happy to be going out.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:28 PM   #695
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lisa! I'm running out of words. . you are too much!!! Over the Top, I tell ya!
Old 02-11-2010, 05:35 PM   #696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey. .just wanted to share that I am not dreading my night out tomorrow and I'm not worried about what I'm going to wear. . That is usually a big issue with me. . I can actually select something . .jeans and a nice blouse I think. . Ahhh. . what a nice change.. .I just want to be in Lisa's size 10!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #697
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I hear ya, Kath! I had to leave work early again today to take my boy to the Dr. . had a little incident on the play ground. Sheesh. .Tomorrow is my first official girls night out of the year. . I'm happy to be going out.
HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:01 PM   #698
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
THE MAMA TEST

I was out walking with my 4-year-old daughter. She picked up something off of the ground and started to put it in her mouth. I took the item away from her and I asked her not to do that.

'Why?' my daughter asked.

'Because it's been on the ground; you don't know where it's been, it's dirty, and probably has germs,' I replied.

At this point, my daughter looked at me with total admiration and asked, 'Mama, how do you know all this stuff? You are so smart.'

I was thinking quickly. 'All moms know this stuff. It's on the Mama Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Mama.'

We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently pondering this new information.

'Oh.....I get it!' she beamed, 'So if you don't pass the test you have to be the dad.'

'Exactly,' I replied with a big smile on my face.
Totally made my day.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:07 PM   #699
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Al: I've been reading up a ton on Cholesterol levels too because I want to be informed when I go to the docs. Looks like there is quite a buzz about that and the Atkins diet. I don't know a whole lot about it but the general concensus was that the diet itself raises the good levels.. IDK. . maybe someone who is more informed . . hint. hint. .could tell us what normal readings are. . also I want to know what a normal blood pressure is. .I've never paid attention but I know mine was up a bit last time. .
I should know the answers to these questions since I have a degree in Nutrition Science, but there has been so much research since I graduated, I tend to go to reputable sources online instead. Here's some good info I saved from researching a while back:

A simple blood test is all it takes to find out if you have a normal cholesterol reading or if you need to make some changes to get it under control. But just what is a normal reading and how do you know if your numbers are to high? There are two schools of thought when it comes to this; one based on the total blood cholesterol levels and the other on the ratio of good to bad cholesterol.

The good, or HDL (high density lipoproteins), is primarily responsible for removing the bad, or LDL (low density lipoproteins) from the blood stream and returning it to the liver where it is removed from the body as waste. High levels of LDL in the blood stream leads to plaque build up in the arteries. Plaque deposits can clog arteries which is a symptom of coronary artery disease. A total blockage can cause a heart attack. If a plaque deposit breaks free as a blood clot it can cause a stroke.

Total cholesterol readings are obtained by combining the total amount of both high density and low density lipoproteins. From this total your doctor can make an informed decision as to whether or not you need to take measures to bring this number down. Another number that your doctor will look at is total LDL cholesterol. This number is important because LDL's cause the damage that can lead to heart disease.

The breakdown range of total and LDL cholesterol numbers is as follows.

1. Normal Cholesterol Readings - A total level less than 200 mg/dl or LDL level less than 130 mg/dl is considered normal. People in this range have little risk of heart disease or stroke from cholesterol problems.

2. Borderline-High - A total level between 200-239 mg/dl or LDL level between 130-159 mg/dl is considered borderline-high. People who test in this range are recommended to make some lifestyle changes based around a healthy diet and exercise plan to reduce their levels to normal. People in this range usually do not need to be prescribed medications as simple lifestyle changes can usually bring about the desired results.

3. High Cholesterol Reading - Any test returning a total level above 240 mg/dl or LDL level above 160 mg/dl is considered high. People who test at this level must make some serious dietary changes along with starting an exercise program. They will also probably be given a prescription for a cholesterol lowering medication by their doctor.

For those who use the idea that the ratio between good and bad cholesterol is a good way to determine if levels are to high it works like this. Take the total cholesterol reading and divide it by the HDL level. This will give a ratio that if it's more than 4 then it is time to take steps to lower the overall and LDL cholesterol levels.

If you feel you may not have a normal cholesterol reading then make an appointment with your doctor. A simple blood test is all it takes to determine if it is something you need to be worried about.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:10 PM   #700
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hope the little guy's ok! Have fun tomorrow and enjoy wearing your cute clothes
Old 02-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #701
Senior LCF Member

Not the best day ever here. The end of the week is always hectic for us as there's a lot of parent involvement in my son's co-op preschool and my official work day is Thursdays.

Can I just say, I could NEVER be a preschool teacher even if it was the best paid job in the world, which of course it isn't. I'm so grateful that there are people who are willing to do this work simply because they love kids. I just don't have the patience to deal with all the squabbles and tantrums anymore.

My own kid, who's a handful at the best of times, is also going through a bit of a defiant phase himself. Plus, one of his spirited little friends always comes home with us on a Thursday, so I had both of them when I could barely cope with one.

Anyway, I'll stop whining now. Diet wise I fell down a little today. I ate 4oz of string cheese for lunch because I was totally disorganized, in a rush and absolutely starving. Dairy always makes me stall, so I'm not hopeful for any movement on the scale in the next day or so. Plus, I haven't had nearly enough water today as I was so incredibly busy with the kids.

At dinner I ate a carby seaweed salad because the fabulous chef at our favorite sushi place made it especially for me and it would have been extremely rude to refuse it. Oh well. At least it tasted totally amazing. And the sashimi combo he selected for me was beyond divine...yummmm.

Hope everyone has a good night and TGIF for tomorrow!
Old 02-12-2010, 05:27 AM   #702
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Tomorrow is my first official girls night out of the year. . I'm happy to be going out.
I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME!!
Old 02-12-2010, 05:28 AM   #703
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks so much for the info paleo!!
Old 02-12-2010, 06:50 AM   #704
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi Peeps!! I my husband-to-be!!!!!!!!!! Well obviously!!!! But--- this morning he told me he's coming to visit me for the weekend because of Valentines. (remember I'm working in Germany at the mo!) And he hates Valentine's Day-thinks it's stupid and was invented by Hallmark-the card company!! He's getting the flight this evening after work and will be here tonight!! I'm so happy!!!! I'm counting down the hours!!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 07:18 AM   #705
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi Peeps!! I my husband-to-be!!!!!!!!!! Well obviously!!!! But--- this morning he told me he's coming to visit me for the weekend because of Valentines. (remember I'm working in Germany at the mo!) And he hates Valentine's Day-thinks it's stupid and was invented by Hallmark-the card company!! He's getting the flight this evening after work and will be here tonight!! I'm so happy!!!! I'm counting down the hours!!!!
how exciting for you! My hubby says the same thing about VD, Day! I think they do it on purpose so they don't have to do anything. I'll see what happens this year. .I'm not planning anything because I always do. . I'm going to be selfish.. Plus. .hubby is losing more weight so I'm a little sore at him right now! How dare he lose without me. .!!
Old 02-12-2010, 07:19 AM   #706
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pale: You are awesome. Thank you. I'm going to print it out and study it some more. It is all confusing. . I usually just wait to hear from the Doc. .Normal or not but it is time I take control of my health too. .
Old 02-12-2010, 07:52 AM   #707
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
how exciting for you! My hubby says the same thing about VD, Day! I think they do it on purpose so they don't have to do anything. I'll see what happens this year. .I'm not planning anything because I always do. . I'm going to be selfish.. Plus. .hubby is losing more weight so I'm a little sore at him right now! How dare he lose without me. .!!
Yeah they so do it on purpose!! Mine is long and lean-looks as tho he works out, even tho he doesn't. Don't worry you'll pass him out on the loss after your meds kick in!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:25 AM   #708
Senior LCF Member

Worried about tonight!

So I'm not sure if you guys know this, but I own a DJ and Karaoke Business and I'm booked tonight at a local tavern.

I am so worried, because I love to drink when I run my shows or if I'm out with the girls etc. I don't over do it when I'm running my shows and I know I will have a few. My shows are four hours and I have set up and tear down time so total time around 5 1/2 to 6 hrs.

In that time I would usually have three or four drinks one or two of them being beer mixed with tomato juice. I need some ideas on what to drink tonight. I really want a beer, but I think it will stall me. My goal is 165 by valentines day and I got on the scale today and I was 166 so 2 more sticks of butter off! YAY Hope I make goal

Any suggestions on what to drink would be great! I can probably bring in diet soda or crystal light since I know the bar owner and the bartenders.

Just not sure what will taste good with it is all!
Old 02-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lisa: No carbs in Rum. .or Vodka. mix with Diet or Crystal light. MMmmm Sure wish it was 5:00 now. .
Old 02-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #710
Big Yapper!!!!

There are no carbs in vodka???? I so didn't know that!!!!!! It is soooo long since I've had a drink cos I thought they would have piles!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #711
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
How wonderful for you! What a nice surprise! It must be tough being so far away from him. Dont know how you do it.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #712
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I like to go out before or after V-Day. I like the reminder to make time for love, but dont like preset menus, seatings and prices at restaurants. Hubby works late on Sundays, so it'll be a quiet evening at home. Perhaps I can get grandma to babysit during the week though! You are such a good sport, IM2. You'll catch up to hubby in no time!!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:29 PM   #713
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
So I'm not sure if you guys know this, but I own a DJ and Karaoke Business and I'm booked tonight at a local tavern.

I am so worried, because I love to drink when I run my shows or if I'm out with the girls etc. I don't over do it when I'm running my shows and I know I will have a few. My shows are four hours and I have set up and tear down time so total time around 5 1/2 to 6 hrs.

In that time I would usually have three or four drinks one or two of them being beer mixed with tomato juice. I need some ideas on what to drink tonight. I really want a beer, but I think it will stall me. My goal is 165 by valentines day and I got on the scale today and I was 166 so 2 more sticks of butter off! YAY Hope I make goal

Any suggestions on what to drink would be great! I can probably bring in diet soda or crystal light since I know the bar owner and the bartenders.

Just not sure what will taste good with it is all!
I LOVE KARAOKE!!! But drinks have to be included!!!!

I went out a couple weekends ago and ordered club soda and vodkas all night. I secretly added my grapefruit crystal light, and all was well. (any flavor will do) It was so nice to have a fizzy grapefruit drink! (Its also a nice treat without the vodka, so I was switching back and forth so I wouldnt get tooooo drunk)

this is me after 12 of them...
Old 02-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #714
Blabbermouth!!!

beer and tomato juice?? I just puked in my mouth...
Old 02-12-2010, 12:31 PM   #715
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
There are no carbs in vodka???? I so didn't know that!!!!!! It is soooo long since I've had a drink cos I thought they would have piles!!!!!!
Ahhhh..the glory of vodka....no carbs...big smiles. BUT, I take on a totally different personality....the dancing, singing, hop up on tabletop type..
Old 02-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #716
Blabbermouth!!!

Sure wish we could all go to Lisas show tonight!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #717
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
beer and tomato juice?? I just puked in my mouth...
OMG LMAO!!!! It is so YUMMY!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #718
Big Yapper!!!!

I shall be getting drunkety drunk 2nite so! Mmmm goody!! Yeah I can laugh for Ireland when I'm drunk!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #719
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
OMG LMAO!!!! It is so YUMMY!
i dont believe you!!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #720
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I shall be getting drunkety drunk 2nite so! Mmmm goody!! Yeah I can laugh for Ireland when I'm drunk!!!!!!!
well alright, I pumped now, I guess I'll be drinking too tonight....
Closed Thread