Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 03:04 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Oh, by the way, I'm done with tuna! I need a new T-shirt!!!

Hi Brittanylore, stick with Stillman's and those pounds will be coming right off. Come here as often as you can! You found a great bunch of people here, including a crazy nutcase like me! I'm waving my new green poms-poms to cheer you on! Drink lots of water until your kidneys are floating!

-Dustin

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2010, 03:28 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
Thanks for starting the new thread...

Welcome back Dustin and newbies!

Back to work today despite having had an AWFUL and INHUMANE office procedure yesterday at the docs...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

On a positive note, I was at 153 fully clothed and after brekkie and lunch yesterday at the dos's office...
Kathy
Old 02-02-2010, 03:58 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanylore View Post
I would love to join you guys this February! I just started the diet yesterday...so far so good! It helps that I've been low carb for a week or so. Anyways wish me luck! I have about 30 pounds to lose.
I have 30 to lose to! We can do it together! All of us!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:02 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Green Pom Poms Dustin! WOW I love Pom Poms! Good job on the weight loss while you were on holiday! We were begining to think that you were abducted by an alien!! WHEW! Glad that didn't happen!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:18 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Venting

I warned you guys that I was going to vent a little! or a lot so here it is.

I am really frustrated with my b/f!!! I need new tires on my car and have mentioned it every day for the past two weeks. My job requires that I travel and sometimes I am in snow, ice, slush you name it whatever mother nature can throw at me while I am on the road!

The other day I went to stop and hit the car in front of me. Luckily it was a co-worker and it wasn't a hard hit, didn't even make a mark. I'm glad our bumpers matched up!

I told Chris about it and he was like we need to get you some new tires! DUH!!!

Then today I asked him again because i have a few hours between clients. He yelled at me and said I don't know when we can do that.

I got upset and told him you know you are so concerned with my health, but my safety isn't an issue! I can't be healthy if I'm dead.

He said my car isn't that bad. He has never driven it how the hell does he know? I'm the one in it hours a day in horrible weather!!!!!

I know our finances are not that great right now, but he took 300.00 out of savings last week to buy a new X-Box 360

To me tires would be a bit more important, especially if your safety is at risk! We have a credit card that we can put the tires on, but do you think it's important enough to use for tires? I guess not in his book!

I am just really frustrated because I feel like I am not getting something that my employment requires me to have and I feel he doesn't care if I end up in the hospital or dead because that DAMN Xbox 360 was so freaking important and a necessity!

Sorry for the long venting of frustration, but I know if I don't get it out I will stuff it down using food and prob high carb fatty food!

Well I need to get off to work! I have my food ready for the week and am taking my planned menu. Have a great day and wish me luck not only out on the road, but with getting him to understand the importance of tires on my car.

Have a great day!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:39 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi Dustin! Welcome back! You sound as though you had a great time! (and lost weight too!) I thought you were going to Florida-instead you were half way round the world!! Keep shaking!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:41 AM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustLoveDogs08 View Post

On a positive note, I was at 153 fully clothed and after brekkie and lunch yesterday at the dos's office...
Kathy
WTG Kathy!!! My Doc's scales are always higher than my own!!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:42 AM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Im2-you have a popcorn maker in the office? Cool! You were sooo good to resist!! Were you also a little smug??!!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:45 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Brittany! Welcome! You'll get those pounds off in record time!!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:47 AM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
I have 30 to lose to! We can do it together! All of us!
Me too!!!!
What does your President say.... YES WE CAN!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:52 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh poor you Lisa I'd love to have been there when you said "I can't be healthy if I'm dead" I know, very true....but funny in a row!!
Just go get the tires without him----like he did with the Xbox!!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:03 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
i thought this was interesting !

www.321recipes.com/asparatame.html
Old 02-02-2010, 06:38 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Lisa: I feel for you, hun. Men just don't get it sometimes. (sorry Dustin). . Some are like overgrown children . .Luckily mine grew up. .but there are days I feel like I have 5 kids. .instead of 4! I want a wife or girlfriend of my very own! Just hang in there and be strong. Get what you need and poo poo on him. .if he has to eat Ramen noodles for the next month. . so be it. Trade in some of his carb food for cash!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:39 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kathy! I love your Dr. . Perhaps if I switch mine, my results will be different. No Such luck! WTG, Lady!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT: It was microwave popcorn which is just as bad!!!

Welcome Brittany! I'm with you. .I have about 20 to lose but I lose very, very slow so my 20 is like your 30. .I'll join you in this venture and we shall be successful together. .Me, you, Lisa and the rest of the gang! Let's do it. . . . ((green pom poms shaking))

Let's Go, Go, Go, Go!
,don't let those pesky fat rolls show. .

We will exercise with all our might
Each morning, each noon and each and every night. .

counting "no" carbs along the way
It will get easier, each and every day!

We can do this
we will can win. .
it's mind over matter
to make us thin!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:56 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

I completely understand how childlike some people are! My ex-wife was like that.... buying crap instead of thinking about things we really need! I used to be like your b/f.... buying crap over things that are important. I grew up and start understanding this better after I got married. Unfortunately, my ex-wife did not grow up and we parted ways. You're right.... safety is much more important than X-box. Go ahead and buy those tires and get what you really need for your safety!

As for Florida, I was thinking about going to FL instead of Ukraine, but I had many friends ask me to come over and the prices and airfare was MUCH cheaper in January. Plus I had fun riding the train and experiencing life in Winter in all of that snow and slush! FL is only 14 hour drive from me.

To be honest with you, my trip to Ukraine is a last minute decision, but I have gone there many times that it is almost a second nature to make plans. Also, I travel very light and since I stay with friends, I don't have to worry much about packing crap to haul around with me!

You know, it is an interesting experience when I was at Kiev airport (Boryspil) getting ready to board the flight to Zaporozhye. At Ukraine, they bus you from the airport to the airplane so the bus was zipping across the airport field and I was watching all of those nice and shiny turbojets until the bus stopped in front of those old propeller airplanes and I swear that I could see that those planes were patched together with duct tape!

If you want to see what those planes looks like, here it is:

Antonov An-140 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just imagine the plane looking like it is over 10 years old!! When I got on, the seats were small and uncomfortable. My seat was right next to those propellers so I had a nice visual and audio experience! I think I'd stick with those nice jets! I asked about those planes and I was told that those propeller airplanes are used for domestic flights while those jets are used when moving people and cargo outside of Ukraine (International flights)

-Dustin
Old 02-02-2010, 08:03 AM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RENEWED
Stats: 190/150/140
Hello Everyone! I am back! My low carb weekend turned out to be not so low carb... sigh.. Well at least I HAD a plan! I just didn't stick to it.

Anyway, I want to weighin the damage but I'm scared to. Today is my Day 1 so I may just bite the bullet and go see what the damage is -- I know I am bloated for sure! Just dont let me see anything over 152 and I won't cry! ... I don't think, anyway.

Well, I guess I will go and start preparing some very lean meat for the remainder of the week and get this show on the row. There are no more scheduled bumps in the road. So I'm ready!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Renewed. . glad you are back and renewed! Step away from the scale. Just don't do it until you start feeling a little better. You and I both know that you are probably retaining a ton of water so why torture yourself? Get a few good days under your belt and you should be ready to rock and roll!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys for the advice! I just needed to get that off my chest! whew! It really did make me feel better and I am sticking with my diet! YAY!

I guess i didn't give you all the story about Chris, he is a VERY responsible guy. Our bills are always paid on time, he manages all the money because he does such a good job with it. The last time he bought anything extravagant was 3 yr ago and that was his first x-box 360, so he needed a new one in his eyes.

Honestly he is so good with money that we could buy a house on credit alone! It's nearly perfect!

We don't have any disposable income and we have been living off savings while i was out of work, but now that i make a very good wage and part of my checks and his are going back into savings every week. I don't see why we can't put tires on the credit card and pay it off on the 19th of the month when get my 2nd check. The first is already gone to bills LOL!

oh well, i hope he will come to his senses. I think he may have got so upset at me because he knew in his heart the tires were a def. necessity and the x-box could have waited a week longer!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:47 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENEWED View Post
Hello Everyone! I am back! My low carb weekend turned out to be not so low carb... sigh.. Well at least I HAD a plan! I just didn't stick to it.

Anyway, I want to weighin the damage but I'm scared to. Today is my Day 1 so I may just bite the bullet and go see what the damage is -- I know I am bloated for sure! Just dont let me see anything over 152 and I won't cry! ... I don't think, anyway.

Well, I guess I will go and start preparing some very lean meat for the remainder of the week and get this show on the row. There are no more scheduled bumps in the road. So I'm ready!
HIYA! Don't weigh the damage! I didn't!!! and I'm not going to until i am on track for 5 whole days! I figured that would help me feel not so bad about eating a ton of saltines while i was sick and two pieces of dry toast!

Glad to have ya back!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:47 AM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post

don't let those pesky fat rolls show. .
Yuk!!!!

Im2--you are truly gifted!!!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
GT: It was microwave popcorn which is just as bad!!!

Welcome Brittany! I'm with you. .I have about 20 to lose but I lose very, very slow so my 20 is like your 30. .I'll join you in this venture and we shall be successful together. .Me, you, Lisa and the rest of the gang! Let's do it. . . . ((green pom poms shaking))

Let's Go, Go, Go, Go!
,don't let those pesky fat rolls show. .

We will exercise with all our might
Each morning, each noon and each and every night. .

counting "no" carbs along the way
It will get easier, each and every day!

We can do this
we will can win. .
it's mind over matter
to make us thin!
You ROCK!!!!

Gotta love the inspirational poems and cheers and Dustin with his Pom poms! I feel like I am in a virtual cheerleading squad!

Not sure what role i play though!! LOL
Old 02-02-2010, 08:57 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post

watching all of those nice and shiny turbojets until the bus stopped in front of those old propeller airplanes and I swear that I could see that those planes were patched together with duct tape!

-Dustin
To funny!!!! Tho I know what you mean about the tiny propeller planes ---we have those to fly from Galway to Dublin-they're not old tho! And yeah you're in the bus.. and pass by normal planes and then this tiny thing looks like a little toddler in comparison--and the noise from those propellers!!!!
Still I wouldn't swap them cos it means when I go home from Germany I can get home fron Dub. airport in 30mins instead of 3hrs on a bus! But yeah they're so tiny!!
But actually with us there are smaller planes!! They bring you from Galway to the Arann Islands-3 tiny islands off the west coast---and OMG there is barely a runway! The flight takes 8mins and the planes fits 6 people!!! It really tests your love of flying! Oh yeah and you have to be weighed before you get in!! I am not joking!!!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:59 AM   #54
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi renewed! Don't weigh! Wait until you've been doing Stills for a few days!!!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:42 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
Oh my...Ive missed so much!

Dustin. Welcome back my friend! You were truly missed. Glad you had a great time, made it back safe, and lost weight. you are a true champion! Nobody loses weight on vacation. WTG!

IM2- love the poem! Nice job staying away from the popcorn. I know how hard it mustve been! What willpower, SuperKitty!

Welcome Brittany!! So glad you're joining us! I'm looking forward to seeing some serious results! You can do this!!

Kathy - dont forget to change your stats! 153 is great!

renewed- ready set GO!!!! Your turn to shine. Dont look back and eat some meat!!

GT and nermo -

Lisa - I was with the others on planning to get your own tires, but it looks like like you gave it some thought and realized he wasnt choosing the xbox over your life. Im sure he just got thrown off worrying about the finances and feeling a little guilty about his gaming splurge. My guy will not let me use a credit card. If I dont have the money, I have to go without. Anything could happen in the next 2 weeks and you wont want to be hit with big finance charges if you cant get the card paid off.((My so-called fixed rate of 8.9% just shot to 17.9%) Hes a guy. Trust that he knows your tires will be ok for the next few weeks. Im so glad you came hear to vent instead of derailing your weight loss efforts. Someone will always be hear to listen and help. That goes for all of you!!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:44 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

I am really wanting a bowl of peanut butter. Its all I can think about....
Old 02-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oh yeah and you have to be weighed before you get in!! I am not joking!!!!!
crazy!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
You ROCK!!!!

Gotta love the inspirational poems and cheers and Dustin with his Pom poms! I feel like I am in a virtual cheerleading squad!

Not sure what role i play though!! LOL
When I started this months ago, I was a spotter. Stillmans has promoted me to toe-touches mid air!!! Another week or two and you'll be on my shoulders! Go Lisa Go!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Why am I making waffles at 9:00 at night! Because I'm too lazy to get up and make them in the morning for the little ones! hehehehe. . plus I'm feeling strong enough to SAY No!
you are not only superkitty! BUT SUPERMOM!!! My poor kids get em straight out of the freezer.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:55 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Hey Al,

((Shaking my finger in your face...)) no PEANUT BUTTER for YOU!! Stop that!

Hey GT... no, they didn't weigh me. The noise is just terrible, but the flight itself wasn't that bad.... only the landing part is more scary because it was snowing and the runway was very bumpy. The Zaporozhye airport is just a shack in middle of nowhere and closed when we arrived. It is like open the hatch and shoving me off. I had no clue what to do except walk off the runway toward the parking lot. The plane holds about 50 people and there were only 8 of us on the plane. I got served with a glass of water and a home made cookie.

I really like to learn more about life in Europe. I really like the public transportation that Europe have. I had fun trying out the trains, those large buses and minibuses and taxis. I just don't like to spend and spend, but I have to keep reminding myself that I have to buy gas, maintain the car and insurance, but it is nice not have to focus on driving and just relax and enjoy the ride! I try to do what the natives do and just enjoy the experience!

-Dustin
Closed Thread