Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #541
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Glad you like the new Dr.!! I know mine is old-fashioned and wouldn't be so cool about the all-meat diet, at least I don't think so!!!! Bet she was seriously impressed with the weight-loss!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2010, 12:14 PM   #542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Al! Whew. . I'm so glad you connected with your Doctor . .it really is an important part of your health! I used to love my doctor (when i went!!) and she up and moved on me :-( I've been re-assigned to a new one but I've yet to meet "him".. I saw him walk by one day and he is real young and looked like he could be rather handsome). .Another thing I'm going to love. . a young Doc looking at all my old female parts. .ucky! I just know I'll scar him for life.. but that's another story to be shared after the 24th!! (after the 24th I am also planning to make an appointment with my gyno..(after my Mamo) Are you doing the same, Al? It's important, ya know. . Hubby has yet to schedule his colonscopy.. he's due..

Yay for more tests! I do think we get to the point of convincing ourselves everything is OK and we feel fine when sometimes we really don't. I feel better just knowing "something"
Old 02-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Plus . it is so cool that your Dr. is OK with the all meat diet.. did you ask her about maintenance? just curious.. i plan to be joining you soon!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #544
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Snow is still falling. One more hour at work and then I will have the joy of driving home!! I had 4 cans of tuna today and I am saving the last can for my trip home.

-Dustin
Old 02-09-2010, 12:59 PM   #545
Big Yapper!!!!

Are you back on the tuna, Dustin??!!! Hee!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 01:28 PM   #546
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
CAt/Pale: You two have way too much energy for me.. but now I have an excuse. . in three weeks, I shall challenge you: Deal?
DEAL!
Old 02-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #547
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
DEAL!
That's why I love it here.. always a healthy challenge!
Old 02-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #548
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I Just noticed . .I do kinda resemble my Avatar Kitty. Round with a mean stern look on my face!! Even the whiskers tell a tale or two..
Old 02-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #549
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I Just noticed . .I do kinda resemble my Avatar Kitty. Round with a mean stern look on my face!! Even the whiskers tell a tale or two..
Old 02-09-2010, 05:10 PM   #550
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
Quote:
Dustin: Just so you know, they are predicting a huge snow storm for us starting tomorrow night. .up to 12 inches! Great. .just what I Need. .

I stuck to plan today:

Breaksfast - 2 boiled eggs
Lunch - Ground beef and chicken breast. .
Supper - small (very small) grilled pork tenderloin. MMmm Good. .

I may have to have tuna later. .recovering from the weekend is tough. I have a ton of paperwork to catch up on tonight so I'm not going to the gym .I'll make up for it tomorrow, Promise! Kathy and I have goals to meet. .
Good girl... I was good yesterday and today (well sort of)... Had an all day meeting at this place that has the most fantastic food...starting with fresh fruit and pastries in the am, fresh garlic rolls with lunch and awesome desserts. I had coffee in the am, a burger with no bun for lunch and passed up birthday cake for one of my co-workers! I did however ask for a side of vegies with my burger and it was a medley of roasted brocolli and squash. I know the squash was bad, but it was soooooooo gooooooood...

I'm sure your blood work is just as Lisa was saying...can't be too bad if they don't have you coming back until the 24th!

Sounds like everyone else is plugging along...feel better Cat! Hoping to gt snowed in tomorrow...
Kathy
Old 02-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #551
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
OOOOOOPS...just read the diagnosis...Good news/bad news kind of thing...at least Hypothyroid is treatable!
Old 02-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #552
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 164/147.6/145 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Stillman's again
Start Date: This time around...October 6, 2014
Just wanted to check in - been too busy to stop and type much til now. Hoping for a snow day tomorrow as well - from the looks of things its gonna happen too!

IM2 - the thyroid thing makes total sense. I can't imagine how much determination it has taken you to stay on this diet and not be losing. I would be eating everything in the house.

AL - sounds like your dr. visit was great

GT - do you take vitamins? I am taking a ton but always like to see if there is more I can add by checking out others plans. Tell me none of my business if you don't want to answer

Dustin - Tuna all the time just makes me But, I can't say much all I do is eat ground beef!!!

Kath - it sounds like you did as good as you could eating at such a delectable place as you mentioned!!!! The pastries would have been the tough part for me!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #553
Major LCF Poster!

I must be too bored!!! Checked all my posts since November - when I started Stillman's. I was charting what I wrote for weight loss so I could set dates - lbs lost etc.

It looks like I am losing right at 1 lb per week. Some weeks I am up a pound or so but then the next week I may drop 3. So on a weekly average about 1.3 lbs. lost.

I know some might get discouraged but I have only been actively on Stillmans for about 11 weeks and I have had a couple of slip ups and Christmas was not very clean So, all in all I am pleased.

To everyone who considers giving up - don't! Just stay with it and you will be so glad even if you lose like a turtle the way I do
Old 02-09-2010, 06:01 PM   #554
Major LCF Poster!

P.S. - I am only 4.2 lbs from goal so that could add to my slower loss!

This is def the site to come to for encouragment and ideas
Old 02-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #555
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
Quote:
Al! Whew. . I'm so glad you connected with your Doctor . .it really is an important part of your health! I used to love my doctor (when i went!!) and she up and moved on me :-( I've been re-assigned to a new one but I've yet to meet "him".. I saw him walk by one day and he is real young and looked like he could be rather handsome). .Another thing I'm going to love. . a young Doc looking at all my old female parts. .ucky! I just know I'll scar him for life.. but that's another story to be shared after the 24th!! (after the 24th I am also planning to make an appointment with my gyno..(after my Mamo) Are you doing the same, Al? It's important, ya know. . Hubby has yet to schedule his colonscopy.. he's due..

Yay for more tests! I do think we get to the point of convincing ourselves everything is OK and we feel fine when sometimes we really don't. I feel better just knowing "something"
I could NEVER go to a young hot guy doc...too embarrassing. Actually, wouldnt want to see a young hot girl either....

I dont know if I can convince them to give me a colonoscopy, but if they'll cover it- sure! why not! Ive never had a mamo either. When do they start to do those? I dont even have enough boobage to fit in the machine..

I'll ask her about the pipework when they call with my bloodwork results! Woohoo!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:29 PM   #556
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Plus . it is so cool that your Dr. is OK with the all meat diet.. did you ask her about maintenance? just curious.. i plan to be joining you soon!!!
I didnt ask about maintenance. She had actually done a medical weight loss diet, which was mostly protein, so she knew all the benefits. Especially the no cravings part!

cant wait for you to join me!!! Youre close!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #557
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
P.S. - I am only 4.2 lbs from goal so that could add to my slower loss!

This is def the site to come to for encouragment and ideas
Hurry up and get there msgirl! we need someone to tell us what happens in maintenance!!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #558
Blabbermouth!!!

gonna go research what the heck B vitamins are.....
Old 02-09-2010, 06:36 PM   #559
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustLoveDogs08 View Post
I did however ask for a side of vegies with my burger and it was a medley of roasted brocolli and squash. I know the squash was bad, but it was soooooooo gooooooood...
Isnt it crazy that weve come to calling squash bad? we have really lost our marbles!!! You still did a great job Kathy!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #560
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
not for long...you'll end up like msgirls kitty bottle...
Old 02-09-2010, 06:39 PM   #561
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
DEAL!
OK. I cant be the only one not exercising......

but I dont want to..

stomping my foot with arms crossed....
Old 02-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #562
Blabbermouth!!!

Well Dustin, I will be walking in your shoes tomorrow....or digging in your boots... We're supposed to get 18 inches of snow. Joy! Hubby went to 3 stores looking for a sled. None to be found..... darn it...
Old 02-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #563
Major LCF Poster!

Oh don't worry AL - you won't be alone in not exercising!

Unless I can count all my trips to the potty as exercise
Old 02-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #564
Senior LCF Member

Oh goodness, I'm in for it now - I just went ahead and ordered P90X. It will be here in about a week, so I have until then to psych myself up.

Thanks so much to everyone who commented. I ended up buying the program after getting the scoop from another South African gal I know who also lives here in Seattle. She's on round 2 and has made incredible progress.

I do realize that Stillman's is not going to cut it for all three phases of the program however. I'm not planning to follow the nutrition plan blindly given that I eat mainly paleo, but I'll probably have to eat some version of the official diet to have enough energy. We'll see. If no-one minds I'd still like to stay on the thread, since I did accept a challenge after all!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:04 PM   #565
Senior LCF Member

On the eating plan front, all went well today. All that water yesterday really worked as I was down 0.8 of a lb again this morning. The green tea is definitely boosting my metabolism as well, plus it seems to be helping with the belly fat as I'd hoped from doing researching it. I'm taking in about 10-15g net carbs a day and that seems to be my sweet spot for now.

My highly exciting menu for today: lots of roast chicken breast without skin, green tea, greeen juice (spinach, celery, lemon, parsley), protein powder pudding, Almond Breeze unsweetened almond milk and 130 fl oz of water.

I'll be on the stepper for about 30 mins later tonight and hopefully do some yoga as well. One thing I can tell right now is that my schedule's going to change significantly once I'm doing P90X. No more late nights for instance, since I'll be getting up early.

Last edited by paleopaleo; 02-09-2010 at 07:21 PM..
Old 02-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #566
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I did it! I called and asked exactly what the Dr. wanted to talk to me about. . . guess what? It's my thyroid.. I know I shouldn't be having mixed feelings about it. .but It so explains everything and makes me realize I'm not crazy! In fact, I almost feel like crying. . after doing a little research, I see many of the symptoms that I had taken for my "normal". Crazy hormonal mood swings, fatigue (even though I push through it).. and weight gain!!! That will totally explain why I just can't lose anything. .I am so glad I hung in there instead of giving up otherwise I would not have gone to the Dr. I would have continued to think that there was no way to lose the weight. Now it gives me a new outlook and perhaps new motivation. It is going to be difficult sticking with it for the next two weeks.. I just have to remember that muscle will burn more fat so I have to keep trying.

Really, I was scared that I would get the "that diet is no good for you lecture". .I'm not ready to leave until I reach goal and even after. . I want to stick around to inspire someone else.. it's been such a long journey for me.. but I log in every day and look at the wonderful posts and the inspiring stats and remember it is all worth it!!! Whew. . I'm glad to get that off my chest. .
Go IM! So glad the results showed something treatable. By the time the meds really kick in you'll be in such a different space. I saw it with a friend of mine and couldn't believe the transformation.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
PALEO- I have a question about the green tea. What does it do for ya and how do you drink it? Hot or cold?
LisaRenee, I'm so sorry I missed this question before. I just reread some of the more recent pages to get up to speed on where everyone is and saw your post. You may want to check out Belly Fat: Green Tea Research On Abdominal Fat And Weight Loss for the science behind the tea.

I drink my tea hot at the moment since it's cold out, but I plan to have it cold in summer. I should add, this is the first time I've actually stuck to the 5 cups a day recommendation, as it usually seems to make my blood sugar drop too fast on my normal diet. Doesn't seem to be a problem on Stillman's so far however.

My pants are definitely looser quicker than when I did the plan before, so I'm thinking the tea is having some effect. At worst it adds a few carbs and minerals to my day, something I feel is probably a good thing on Stillman's.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by paleopaleo; 02-09-2010 at 07:19 PM..
Old 02-09-2010, 08:08 PM   #568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
OK. I cant be the only one not exercising......

but I dont want to..

stomping my foot with arms crossed....
Ms/Al . We shall convert you . one wall push-up at a time! If I can exercise, anyone can!

Last edited by IM2fat; 02-09-2010 at 08:09 PM..
Old 02-09-2010, 08:09 PM   #569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Go IM! So glad the results showed something treatable. By the time the meds really kick in you'll be in such a different space. I saw it with a friend of mine and couldn't believe the transformation.
I can't wait. .This is going to be the longest 2 weeks of my life. .waiting. .waiting. .waiting. . I'm always doing that. . I won't give up.. I'll be good for the 2 weeks so that I don't gain. .
Old 02-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #570
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
gonna go research what the heck B vitamins are.....
Girl! B Vitamins give you energy. . If they worked for me. .they'll work for anyone. . I take them every day. .
Closed Thread