Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Seriously, you are too funny Im2!!!!!!! You missed your calling to be a comedienne!!
That's funny. I'm really not too funny in real life. .my timing is always off. .My hubby is an extra happy guy. .always laughing and smiling. . I"m his polar opposite. . more worry than laughter! But thank you. . they come to me just slowly. . . .

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
well gout has to do with an increase of uric acid. the body produces uric acid when meat and other high proteins are being eaten at a higher rate than the body can use. If you are consuming more of the uric acid producing foods you will have higher amounts of it in your blood.
Thanks for the info, Lisa. . I'm giong to google it and see what I can learn!!

Also, just to add to my craziness. . I had another message on my answering machine tonight that asked me to call about my test results. This was after I had already called and talked to them. That's it. .I am calling tomorrow and I am going to find out exactly why I have to go back. sounds like a big communication breakdown to me. .
Old 02-08-2010, 03:44 PM   #513
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dustin: Just so you know, they are predicting a huge snow storm for us starting tomorrow night. .up to 12 inches! Great. .just what I Need. .

I stuck to plan today:

Breaksfast - 2 boiled eggs
Lunch - Ground beef and chicken breast. .
Supper - small (very small) grilled pork tenderloin. MMmm Good. .

I may have to have tuna later. .recovering from the weekend is tough. I have a ton of paperwork to catch up on tonight so I'm not going to the gym .I'll make up for it tomorrow, Promise! Kathy and I have goals to meet. .
Old 02-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. I'm not looking anything else up. .how depressing. .there are quite a few discussions with regard to blood work, cholesterol. Good, bad and trygycerites.. I'm not ready for this. . It seems like a lot of people who have done Atkins have experienced increase Cholesterol. . mixed discussions on the overall, good vs. bad. . all too confusing for me. So, tomorrow, I'll find out exactly what the concerns are and then I'll investigate so I can ask some intelligent questions. .
Old 02-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #515
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
good for u IM! It does sound like their office has a breakdown in communication. I'm glad yoou are doing some investigation work. I will keep you in my thoughts!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
That would be my luck! I haven't had much cheese. .I really try to limit it to once a week or so.. but I have been eating more ground beef than I normally do.. Who knows at this point. I did tell the PA that I was on a low carb diet but I don't really think she was listening anyway. . I guess I'm not going to worry about it to much right now. I don't feel bad.. just cranky! Perhaps I'm full of crabbiness!. .Yeah. .that's it. . Crabogirlolackocarbinitis!
I really hope it's just something small they needto discuss in person. Heck, maybe you're results are so good they want to find out how you did it! Either way, keeping fingers crossed for you.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #517
Senior LCF Member

No change weight wise to report. I think I ate way too much sodium yesterday unfortunately. I drank over 150 fl oz of water today to see if I could flush it out.

I kept it super simple food-wise today with oven-grilled sole, sauteed chicken breast, bison jerky, greeen juice, green tea and LOTS of water. I did however make an elaborate dinner for the family with paleo-friendly cheese 'n onion bread, a gorgeous meatloaf, a huge salad and a nut-butter cake for after. I was drooling over it the whole time, but only tasted small pieces that I didn't actually swallow. Sounds gross, but how else are you supposed to make sure the food's ok without going off plan?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:40 PM   #518
Senior LCF Member

Forgot to mention, I'm looking into doing P90X and was wondering whether anyone had any first-hand experience with it. I passed the fitness test they have online so I think I could probably manage the program, but I'd love some opinions before I invest the money.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:51 AM   #519
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by orteggleston View Post

Kept it low-carb over the weekend. Had lots of veggies and some sugar free hot chocolate. Not too bad!

!
Hi Alison! I like the`sound of sugar-free hot choc!!! Did it have no carbs? I wonder if we have some--yum!!
Old 02-09-2010, 02:55 AM   #520
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Im2! Good luck ringing today! Your menu yesterday looked perfect!
Old 02-09-2010, 02:57 AM   #521
Big Yapper!!!!

I've read on the boards about that P9OX-people keep saying it's mega-tough but there are some picks and it does look as tho it brings results!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 04:20 AM   #522
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
hi guys! Popping in real quick before I drop the kids off and head to the doctor. IM2, I wont stop thinking about you until you get some good results, and then some! Sorry you have to wait. I plan to do the same thing, get my results, then research what they mean. They want us on a low fat carb included diet that hasnt done a darn thing for us but make us fat and crazy. Once I get my numbers, I'll figure out what it all means. Its definitely the cholesterol that I think they have wrong. They look at the total number and want to put people on meds, instead of how much of the good stuff you actually have, and need.

So, I see you told them low carb, Im teetering on the line of being truthful...still dont know. Gotta get a better feel for this lady- never saw her before.

How can I get through the morning without my coffee??? Last ate/drank at 8:30 last night. No vitamins y'all, lets see what happens! Al does meat: Experiment #1...

stay tuned...
Old 02-09-2010, 05:18 AM   #523
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cat430
Stats: 5'3 160/140/110
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Thanks for all the kind words. The bikini is actually working, although what was I thinking when I bought a small I am trying to break it down by meals, so I basically have 3 meals X 7 days X 8 weeks = 168 meals.

I ate a S/F Jell-O, tuna and some grilled chicken for lunch
and two lean hamburger patties for dinner.

I did exercise, cause I just can't help myself

I looked at PX90, but it was too much of a time committment for me, the results look fabulous, just be prepared for your hunger to go through the roof. I always seem to starve whenever I work out really hard. I ended up with Chalene Extreme, which I loved but I ate all wrong so my results weren't there like they could have been. I am doing Jillian Michaels right now and really enjoy it, no dance moves just straight forward exercising we learned in grade school.

Have a great day everyone. 165 meals to go

140 139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120 119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 Goal 110
Old 02-09-2010, 06:09 AM   #524
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did it! I called and asked exactly what the Dr. wanted to talk to me about. . . guess what? It's my thyroid.. I know I shouldn't be having mixed feelings about it. .but It so explains everything and makes me realize I'm not crazy! In fact, I almost feel like crying. . after doing a little research, I see many of the symptoms that I had taken for my "normal". Crazy hormonal mood swings, fatigue (even though I push through it).. and weight gain!!! That will totally explain why I just can't lose anything. .I am so glad I hung in there instead of giving up otherwise I would not have gone to the Dr. I would have continued to think that there was no way to lose the weight. Now it gives me a new outlook and perhaps new motivation. It is going to be difficult sticking with it for the next two weeks.. I just have to remember that muscle will burn more fat so I have to keep trying.

Really, I was scared that I would get the "that diet is no good for you lecture". .I'm not ready to leave until I reach goal and even after. . I want to stick around to inspire someone else.. it's been such a long journey for me.. but I log in every day and look at the wonderful posts and the inspiring stats and remember it is all worth it!!! Whew. . I'm glad to get that off my chest. .
Old 02-09-2010, 06:13 AM   #525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al: Tell the Dr. the truth. .That is the only way you will get actual results. They can't help you unless they know what's going on. . if the cholesterol does come back high, make sure they break it down for you between good and bad.. reading all the other posts, i see both sides of the coin. I know that I can't eat all meat the rest of my life, but I would think the trade-off of losing weight is worth it. The scary part is that you eventually have to incorporate healthy foods back into your plan. . It can be done! I've seen some wonderful success stories here - you included! Let us know. .I, along with everyone else, will be sending our good vibes and prayers.. It worked for me!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:14 AM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CAt/Pale: You two have way too much energy for me.. but now I have an excuse. . in three weeks, I shall challenge you: Deal?
Old 02-09-2010, 06:16 AM   #527
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Im2! Glad you called and found out--at least knowing is better than sitting there worrying. Sorry about the thyriod tho, but yeah it def. explains the no weight-loss. I don't know much about it to be honest. I suppose you will have to take meds-at least to get it under control. I wonder tho does a low-carb help it? It seems to help a lot of things!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:19 AM   #528
Big Yapper!!!!

Al, good luck at the Dr.! I'm sure everything will go well. Do tell about the low-carb diet tho so she'll check both the bad and good cholesterol. If she roll her eyes about the diet-ignore and come and vent here!! She shouldn't tho, cos tell her just how much you've lost and then she should give you an A*.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:21 AM   #529
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Cat! The "small" bikini would scare me--actually any bikini would!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:31 AM   #530
Big Yapper!!!!

I was just reading a thread on how long does a stall last---and on the plus side Im2, everyone who had stalled, then found out they had thyroid problems, lost really quickly after that---so the whoosh fairy is on her way real soon!!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:15 AM   #531
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
Hey Al, Glad that you are OK! You probably will take a pill everyday, but I am glad that you went to the DR. You can imagine how I felt when I went to my Dr back in December.... I was prepared for any bad news. I think this will give you a new insight and something to think about. I'm waving my poms-poms for you!!

It's snowing a bit outside. The roads are pretty decent when I drove to work. I'm a little more worried about the drive home! I'm back to tuna now... I didn't feel like using my crockpots, plus if there is a power failure, I don't want to deal with the meat going bad.

-Dustin
Old 02-09-2010, 09:10 AM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi Im2! Glad you called and found out--at least knowing is better than sitting there worrying. Sorry about the thyriod tho, but yeah it def. explains the no weight-loss. I don't know much about it to be honest. I suppose you will have to take meds-at least to get it under control. I wonder tho does a low-carb help it? It seems to help a lot of things!
Thank you for the encouraging words! I just love everyone here. .always looking on the bright side..I am not so sure any diet will help, for that matter. I did WW for almost a year and couldn't lose anything either. I had better luck with Atkins but then just kinda stalled. I never had results like these guys do.. my losses were always slow, slow, slow. If you take into consideration I've been at this Since July (the low carb part). .I really should be close to goal and I'm not. I did WW the year before and teetered back and forth for so long. I was successful 4 times before with WW (after kids, etc). .so this time really had me dumbfounded. .I just thought it was old age kicking in.. I know if I could see some results, I would work at it harder so maybe after I get regulated I'll see bigger losses!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:11 AM   #533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Hey Al, Glad that you are OK! You probably will take a pill everyday, but I am glad that you went to the DR. You can imagine how I felt when I went to my Dr back in December.... I was prepared for any bad news. I think this will give you a new insight and something to think about. I'm waving my poms-poms for you!!

It's snowing a bit outside. The roads are pretty decent when I drove to work. I'm a little more worried about the drive home! I'm back to tuna now... I didn't feel like using my crockpots, plus if there is a power failure, I don't want to deal with the meat going bad.

-Dustin
We are getting your snow. .they are already looking to cancel school for tomorrow. .Eerrr. and its official count day, too. .
Old 02-09-2010, 09:20 AM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I was just reading a thread on how long does a stall last---and on the plus side Im2, everyone who had stalled, then found out they had thyroid problems, lost really quickly after that---so the whoosh fairy is on her way real soon!!!!
I'm praying. .It'll be a long two weeks. .but I hope to be in the 140 in March!!! Kathy: you can do some gaining on me .. mush. mush. mush..
Old 02-09-2010, 09:22 AM   #535
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al! You will be fine.. You have done an amazing job and you are no where near as moody as some of us!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #536
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I'm praying. .It'll be a long two weeks. .but I hope to be in the 140 in March!!! Kathy: you can do some gaining on me .. mush. mush. mush..
You will!!! Once your meds are sorted there will be no stopping you!! You'll pass us all out!!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:06 AM   #537
Blabbermouth!!!

Im2! You sound in good spirits. The thyroid issue makes perfect sense. Im sorry you have to have any issue at all, but OH does it explain everything. There is really no stopping you now. You have stuck to the plan for months with minimal results, when the rest of us wouldve thru in the towel. You are the true champion here. Once you and the doctors get that thyroid under control, we'll be telling you to stop losing!! Im so glad everything is going to be ok. Heres to making goal for your anniversary!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #538
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
You have stuck to the plan for months with minimal results, when the rest of us wouldve thru in the towel. You are the true champion here.
I really second that!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:20 AM   #539
Big Yapper!!!!

How did you get on with the Dr., Al? Great I hope!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:22 AM   #540
Blabbermouth!!!

Well gang.... Im a really bad liar. I spilled my meat out to the doctor. She was sooooo cool about it. She was intrigued, of course, and added extra blood tests! Yeah Baby!! She agreed that we do not need veggies and grains to live, especially grains. She suggested a multi-vitamin because I guess I can't get "B" vitamins thru meat. (Im still not sold on this vitamin thing but I smiled and agreed)

She warned me that some people have gall bladder issues from an all meat diet, but wasnt concerned if Im not having stomach problems. All in all she was on my side, and will call me by the end of the week with results. I love her. Im sure she'll be talkin about the carnivore around the water bubbler today...and perhaps she'll even give it a whirl.

Other cool thing about her...she checked off all kinds of ailments on the req so my insurance would pay for everything. sweeeet!
Closed Thread