Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 09:02 AM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Yup, I agree that I should forget about the car! I'm still slowly chipping away at the ice underneath the engine block! I'm also waiting for a friend to come over to help me to finish this up!

-Dustin

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #452
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: skinnysiren8
Stats: Currently at 196, GOAL is 130!!!
WOE: Stillmans Starter!
Start Date: 8th Feb 2010
NEWBIEEEE!!!!

Hey Everyone!!!

Looking for some support here! New at the Stillmans plan, I'm going to do the QWL and then move onto the 14 day (a way of slowly reintroducing some carbs)

Any motivational tips? Is it boring to always eat the same thing?xxx
Old 02-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Hey Skinnysiren8!

I ate nothing but tuna for almost 2 weeks before my blind date! So yes, it gets very boring!!! Now, I'm mixing it between chicken breasts, turkey breasts and pork loins.

Welcome!

-Dustin
Old 02-07-2010, 09:09 AM   #454
Junior LCF Member

Thanks!!!

Did you lose much in those two weeks? xx
Old 02-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #455
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post

Did anyone ever wear an outfit that they thought looked good and that they were convinced that it totally hid the fact that they were fat?
Oh yaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

I love your rants by the way!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #456
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
GT: you must have one of those cute perky noses, then!
Eh no!!! I wish!!!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #457
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnysiren8 View Post
Hey Everyone!!!

Looking for some support here! New at the Stillmans plan, I'm going to do the QWL and then move onto the 14 day (a way of slowly reintroducing some carbs)

Any motivational tips? Is it boring to always eat the same thing?xxx
Hi Skinny!! Welcome!! You'll do well on QWL. Yeah it is boring--tuna, chicken, turkey. beef!!! But it works!! And actually eating the same thing every day makes it easier!! The results will give you all the motivation you need!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 09:40 AM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
Quote:
as a footnote: Did anyone ever wear an outfit that they thought looked good and that they were convinced that it totally hid the fact that they were fat? !
OMG...My niece got married in October...I had lost maybe 5 pounds before the wedding and got some high top Spanx...thought I was "lookin good" in this black slinky dress...Saw the pictures and literally cried. I guess I was having too much fun drinking and dancing and the spanx had rolled down and let the fat rolls escape... I think what made me even more upset is that one of my daughters, who are usually not reticent about giving me criticism, never said anything... Hence why I am totally committed to losing thsi weight and every hint of a fat roll before my own daughter gets married in May. Doesn't help that her dad (my ex) and his wife are these skinny minnie runners...
Kath
Old 02-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #459
Junior LCF Member

Lol ok thanks hun!

I need breakfast ideas and ideas for packed lunch for work xx
Old 02-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #460
Senior LCF Member

I think I lost about 8 pounds. I lost the most weight during the first month and then the weight loss slowed down.

The car is finally unstuck! I cleared out the rest of the ice/snow from the rest of the driveway. Everything should be clear sailing from now on!

-Dustin
Old 02-07-2010, 10:23 AM   #461
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustLoveDogs08 View Post
I guess I was having too much fun drinking and dancing and the spanx had rolled down and let the fat rolls escape...
Kath
You poor thing!
That is kinda the problem with spanx etc!!
Old 02-07-2010, 11:09 AM   #462
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Welcome Skinny- stick with this crowd if stillman doesn't work for you (which it will) then all the laughing and giggling will shed away those pounds off for sure! This is the nicest, most supportive and goofy peeps you will ever see!
I couldn't have done it without them !

lol I am about to go check out my nose !
Old 02-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
lol I am about to go check out my nose !
Next thing you know. .we will get everyone licking the back of their hand again, too

Last edited by IM2fat; 02-07-2010 at 02:34 PM..
Old 02-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnysiren8 View Post
Lol ok thanks hun!

I need breakfast ideas and ideas for packed lunch for work xx
Boiled eggs. .(or scramble a few the night before) work well for breakfast. I think we've all grabbed a chicken breast or two, as well. . I always keep boiled eggs in the refrigerator for a grab and go. . it is amazing how one little egg can fill you up when you aren't consuming carbs, too. .

I use the packets of tuna instead of the cans. .you don't have to drain them and you can just rip them open. I have a stock-pile in my desk drawer in case I feel overly hungry or anxious about a food choice in the office. Just about anything goes morning noon or night. .
Old 02-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
in ... Hence why I am totally committed to losing thsi weight and every hint of a fat roll before my own daughter gets married in May. Doesn't help that her dad (my ex) and his wife are these skinny minnie runners...
Kath
We can do it, Kathy! Not only do I want to lose by my anniversary. . It would be really sweet revenge if I could lose in time for an upcoming family get together. I haven't seen my parents in almost 2 years so it would be awesome to show up a lot smaller, especially because my mom is always commenting on my weight and always has. She asks me how much I weigh and what size I wear. Its not like she's small or anything. . But I think it makes her happy when I'm bigger than she is. .I will never let that happen!! Never, ever..
Old 02-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
OMG...My niece got married in October...I had lost maybe 5 pounds before the wedding and got some high top Spanx...thought I was "lookin good" in this black slinky dress...Saw the pictures and literally cried. I guess I was having too much fun drinking and dancing and the spanx had rolled down and let the fat rolls escape... I think what made me even more upset is that one of my daughters, who are usually not reticent about giving me criticism, never said anything... Hence why I am totally committed to losing thsi weight and every hint of a fat roll before my own daughter gets married in May. Doesn't help that her dad (my ex) and his wife are these skinny minnie runners...
Kath
Been there...absolutely! I was wearing this slinky black top on a cruise last year and posing with my husband against the backdrop of a gorgeous sunset. Well, I thought I looked pretty good since the spanx supposedly smoothed everything out, but the way I posed in the photos, the shiny fabric accentuated every last fat roll. All night I had walked around looking like a stuffed sausage and never realized it. Talk about mortification!
Old 02-07-2010, 06:09 PM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
No weight drop to report today after my mashed potato and wine indulgence last night, but thankfully no gain either. I made sure to be very careful today even as we went out for lunch at our favorite Indian restaurant. Instead of digging in at the scrumptious buffet as I usually do, I ordered tandoori chicken breast from the menu and stuffed myself so I wouldn't be tempted. I felt quite virtuous.

For exercise I ran around with my son at an indoor playground and drove a car for two hours. I'm hoping to get on the stepper for 30 mins this evening once the kiddo's in bed.

On the menu was the usual protein powder pudding, green tea, greeen juice, water, tandoori chicken breast, turkey bacon and homemade bison jerky. I'm hoping to be back on track in the losing department very soon!
Old 02-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #468
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
No apatite today! I managed to eat a can of tuna, a hamburger patty, and a can of chunk white chicken. Had lots of water like usual! well over 100 oz, I am hoping to get these pesky 5 pounds off me quickly! I will then be back to 169. BTW- I still hate tuna!

went grocery shopping today. picked up super lean ground beef and some lean ground pork ( i will wash it really well after cooking to get all the fat off of it) Cube steak, shrimp, tuna, can chicken, eggs, cottage cheese.

I won't eat the cottage cheese this week and I am leaving the yolks out of my eggs. I want to keep the lack of apatite I really like it! HE HE HE! Boy I have been so thirsty today too! Had a bit of a dull headache all day too!

PALEO- I have a question about the green tea. What does it do for ya and how do you drink it? Hot or cold?

I am going to hit the gym tomorrow at the hospital. I have free membership there because I'm employed by them.

Have a good night everyone!
Old 02-08-2010, 02:22 AM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
No apatite today! I managed to eat a can of tuna, a hamburger patty, and a can of chunk white chicken. Had lots of water like usual! well over 100 oz, I am hoping to get these pesky 5 pounds off me quickly! I will then be back to 169. BTW- I still hate tuna!

went grocery shopping today. picked up super lean ground beef and some lean ground pork ( i will wash it really well after cooking to get all the fat off of it) Cube steak, shrimp, tuna, can chicken, eggs, cottage cheese.

I won't eat the cottage cheese this week and I am leaving the yolks out of my eggs. I want to keep the lack of apatite I really like it! HE HE HE! Boy I have been so thirsty today too! Had a bit of a dull headache all day too!

PALEO- I have a question about the green tea. What does it do for ya and how do you drink it? Hot or cold?

I am going to hit the gym tomorrow at the hospital. I have free membership there because I'm employed by them.

Have a good night everyone!

Lisa...Love your new picture and can I say you look quite tiny next to your big, hunky BF...
Kathy
Old 02-08-2010, 02:31 AM   #470
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
We can do it, Kathy! Not only do I want to lose by my anniversary. . It would be really sweet revenge if I could lose in time for an upcoming family get together. I haven't seen my parents in almost 2 years so it would be awesome to show up a lot smaller, especially because my mom is always commenting on my weight and always has. She asks me how much I weigh and what size I wear. Its not like she's small or anything. . But I think it makes her happy when I'm bigger than she is. .I will never let that happen!! Never, ever..
We will do this and we will show THEM....

I'm hoping to see 150 (or hopefully the 140's) before the end of this week. I ate off Stillman's yesterday, but kept it low carb. Let the drooling begin...I had buffalo chicken dip with cheese crisps, fried wings with butter and hot sauce, beef sliders (minus bun), celery and dip and two LC beers...

Gonna try to keep today to HB eggs, tuna and a couple sliders...lots of water to flush out all the cheese (and salt!).
Kathy
Old 02-08-2010, 06:03 AM   #471
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
Quote:
Thought I was crazy but when I was pregnant, Mine looked bigger than my stomach.
My nose blew up with my son, but wasnt as bad with my daughter.. I thought it was just a pregnancy thing, but then I realized the snout comes back when I get fat. Mine wsnt red, but oh so shiny. ewwww.. The beauty of motherhood.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:07 AM   #472
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I use the packets of tuna instead of the cans. .you don't have to drain them and you can just rip them open. I have a stock-pile in my desk drawer in case I feel overly hungry or anxious about a food choice in the office. Just about anything goes morning noon or night. .
This is totally me. Just picked up another 10 packages yesterday.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:11 AM   #473
Blabbermouth!!!

Lisa, what a gorgeous couple you two make! My man towers over me too at 6'2".
Old 02-08-2010, 06:12 AM   #474
Blabbermouth!!!

Skinnysiren!!!! Stick with us and you will have amazing results!!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:13 AM   #475
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Let the drooling begin...I had buffalo chicken dip with cheese crisps, fried wings with butter and hot sauce, beef sliders (minus bun), celery and dip and two LC beers...

Kathy
Oh I am drooling!!!!!!!! Sitting her eating my ground turkey
Old 02-08-2010, 06:14 AM   #476
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
My nose blew up with my son, but wasnt as bad with my daughter.. I thought it was just a pregnancy thing, but then I realized the snout comes back when I get fat. Mine wsnt red, but oh so shiny. ewwww.. The beauty of motherhood.
Seriously too funny!!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:15 AM   #477
Blabbermouth!!!

Ive never heard of spanx, but Im assuming it a stretchy girdle. I was always one to just let my rolls fall where they may. But I did always wear clothes that were way too big, hoping I would look smaller and psyche everyone out.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:16 AM   #478
Big Yapper!!!!

Love the pick Lisa! You are so tiny!! and young! I still can't believe you had WLS 10 years ago--what were you--like 10!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:19 AM   #479
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Ive never heard of spanx, but Im assuming it a stretchy girdle. I was always one to just let my rolls fall where they may. But I did always wear clothes that were way too big, hoping I would look smaller and psyche everyone out.
Yup! A stretchy girdle!!!!! I did that too!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:19 AM   #480
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
We will do this and we will show THEM....
YOU MOST CERTAINLY WILL!!!
Closed Thread