Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 01:01 AM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Kath: My hubby was really ticking me off all week, too. He does the same thing except now he eats all "my meat" . the stuff I cook and set aside for my breakfast.. or lunch. . Last week (forgive me if I already mentioned it) but he ate the meat I made for the kids supper for his lunch an entire pound of burger (plus all the cheese) I was going to make baked Spaghetti out of! I could have shot him because I had nothing else planned and the kids all had stuff going on after school. .It was one of those grab and go nights except I didn't have anything for them to grab!! They just don't think ahead.. .

And to top it off. .he is now trying to make me feel extra guilty.. He is in the kitchen sweeping and mopping the floor?? Why? I Don't know except maybe he thinks he'll get lucky tonight or something. . He knows that so works, too Clean house = happy me = even happier him!! The smell of Pine Sol just turns me on!!!
OMG! We must be married to twins! They SOOOOOOOO all think alike (sorry Dustin...)

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2010, 01:04 AM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
Oh Kath

I hear ya sister! I get asked all the time do you want this or how about getting me some... ice cream,candy bar, etc

I was even reminded that it's super bowl Sunday and pizza will be ordered. Nice, I can't eat it!

My willpower has faded here and there and it is really bad when his daughters are around (Every two weeks) because we go out and eat and he gets embarrassed if I order say an Angus burger with no bun and grilled chicken as the side. I told him to just take the girls out and eat. I will eat my meat at home, but he doesn't want that either. He says please just eat normally when we go out so I have, but I am not going to again and i told him that. I informed him that restaurants are use to people not eating bread etc due to gluten allergies and I am sure it's not the first time someone has asked them to hold the bread!
Compromise and order the burger and take it off the bun yourself...more of that lying "it's too big, I need to eat it with a fork..."
Kath
Old 02-07-2010, 01:11 AM   #423
Senior LCF Member

He was so bugging the crap out of me last night, I went to bed at 8:30! Now here I am wide awake at 4:00 a.m.... Then I see that not only did he have the ice cream, but the last of the jello chocolate mouse. In his mind, if it is at all "low-fat" or "low cal" it is OK to have. Then he tells me yesterday he thinks his BP is up! DUH! Well, at least if he goes to the doctor, the doctor will get on him about losing weight.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:30 AM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
I love this thread so much - I can't wait to read what everyone is up to every day. The last few posts about the hubbies and boyfriends really made me smile. Gosh, they really can be so clueless sometimes, can't they? I guess we love them anyway though, since they love us flaws and all. Or so I tell myself when I start having violent thoughts!

I actually can't complain too much about my hubby right now since he stayed home with the kiddo while I went out for a girl's night at my best friend's house. It was so wonderful and my friend - a professional caterer - went out of her way to make all-natural, low-carb dishes I could eat as well. The only exception was some divine cashew mashed potato that I snuck a few bites of. I also had a few sips of red wine, but only water after that so not too terribly far off plan.

The rest of the day was stellar as well and started off with 1.2lbs off from the previous day. Except for a very mild headache, I seem to be completely over the induction flu/detox and I felt fantastic all day. I've honestly never dropped pounds this fast, even on Stillman's, and I can only think that it must have something to do with the green tea and/or greeeen juice. I've slowly upped my green tea intake to five cups a day and it really seems to be helping without making my blood sugar drop too quickly.

So, today's menu included roast chicken breast without skin, protein powder pudding, green tea, lean ham, pork tenderloin, small green salad, small amount of mashies, a few sips of red wine, greeeen juice, gallons of water, fish oil, calcium and a multivitamin.

Will check in again tomorrow. Have a good night everyone.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:30 AM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Deleting this post - accidental duplicate.

Last edited by paleopaleo; 02-07-2010 at 01:35 AM..
Old 02-07-2010, 01:49 AM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
I love this thread so much - I can't wait to read what everyone is up to every day. The last few posts about the hubbies and boyfriends really made me smile. Gosh, they really can be so clueless sometimes, can't they? I guess we love them anyway though, since they love us flaws and all. Or so I tell myself when I start having violent thoughts!

I actually can't complain too much about my hubby right now since he stayed home with the kiddo while I went out for a girl's night at my best friend's house. It was so wonderful and my friend - a professional caterer - went out of her way to make all-natural, low-carb dishes I could eat as well. The only exception was some divine cashew mashed potato that I snuck a few bites of. I also had a few sips of red wine, but only water after that so not too terribly far off plan.

The rest of the day was stellar as well and started off with 1.2lbs off from the previous day. Except for a very mild headache, I seem to be completely over the induction flu/detox and I felt fantastic all day. I've honestly never dropped pounds this fast, even on Stillman's, and I can only think that it must have something to do with the green tea and/or greeeen juice. I've slowly upped my green tea intake to five cups a day and it really seems to be helping without making my blood sugar drop too quickly.

So, today's menu included roast chicken breast without skin, protein powder pudding, green tea, lean ham, pork tenderloin, small green salad, small amount of mashies, a few sips of red wine, greeeen juice, gallons of water, fish oil, calcium and a multivitamin.

Will check in again tomorrow. Have a good night everyone.
What a great friend...
Old 02-07-2010, 03:37 AM   #427
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
ok I did a BMI calculation I was 46.7 which is obese, now 42.6 still considered obese but it is down- and will get even lower soon- I think that is GREAT NEWS!

U know what I am really really proud of ME !!! I deserve it ! YES I DO !
Hi Nermo! Yeah you should be proud!!! That's great news! I love doing all those calculations too-they really keep you on track! (I did the happy dance when it went to "overweight"!) Not sure other people would get that!! Mine was 40 starting off-now it's 22 Want it lower tho! I have one of those fat monitor scales too so I keep track of that too!!!-little bit obsessed!!!
You write down all of these no.s-measurements etc and anytime you're feeling downor you want to cheat--just look back at them and know how far you've come and how brill you feel!!
You are doing extremely well--you should be proud, proud, proud!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 03:41 AM   #428
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hey Everyone! What are we grilling up today to stay away from Super Bowl pizza, dips and apps??!! IM2 is already way ahead of us, so lets get our kitchens heated up!!! Beef, pork, chicken, and Boars Head has an awesome sugar free hotdog incase we need a change of pace!!!

Lisa- sorry Chris is making you feel down. I don't think you should take it so hard though. Its been such a short time that youve been on Stillmans, anyone would find it unbelievable to lose that much weight! (Except for us!) Just keep doing what your doing and talk to us along the way. Sometimes significant others dont realize what we're going through or how important it is for us to be encouraged and complimented no matter what our results are. He has never been through the diet ringer physically or emotional and he just doesnt get it. Hes not a bad guy- just has no clue. Believe me, when you get to goal and look and feel like a new woman, its finally gonna click in his head, and hes gonna have to watch out. You look better and better with each pic you post. You are doing an awesome job!
Old 02-07-2010, 03:42 AM   #429
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
You write down all of these no.s-measurements etc and anytime you're feeling downor you want to cheat--just look back at them and know how far you've come and how brill you feel!!
You are doing extremely well--you should be proud, proud, proud!!!
Great advice and I agree!!
Old 02-07-2010, 03:45 AM   #430
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
And to top it off. .he is now trying to make me feel extra guilty.. He is in the kitchen sweeping and mopping the floor?? Why? I Don't know except maybe he thinks he'll get lucky tonight or something. . He knows that so works, too Clean house = happy me = even happier him!! The smell of Pine Sol just turns me on!!!
You are hilarious!!
Old 02-07-2010, 03:55 AM   #431
Big Yapper!!!!

Im2--you really give great advice. And you are just too funny!!! I love reading your posts!!!
Yeah both my fiance and Mum never shut up about how bad and dangerous this diet is(cos being obese was soo much healthier!!) and believe me we have had many a row in restaurants!! If there's nothing that I can really order then I either don't and say I've already eaten!! or I order a salad with no dressing and just eat the meat or chicken on it. Once I did actually cry cos we went to a place and there was actually nothing on the menu I could eat--seriously!! He was not impressed!! And then another time I ordered a tuna salad and it came with dressing so I sent it back--then it came back and I swear there was tomato sauce in that tuna so I just didn't eat it!! Yeah not impressed then either!!
Actually now I hate going out to eat-I dread it-I know I'll have to do it sometime but honestly it's just to much stress thinking about it!!
But the good thing is that actually they both think I'm a lot lighter than I am---actually a lot of people think that--I must hide it well!! Hee! They also think I'm obsessed with exercise---but I just lie about what I've done---yeah I'm turning into such a liar!!
Ok rant over!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 03:56 AM   #432
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
. . . they may be sleeping on their nice, expensive carpeting instead of beds!!
Too funny!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 03:58 AM   #433
Blabbermouth!!!

To prove my point a little more on how our loved ones have no clue....hubby put all our digital pictures online, (password protected of course) The pics date back years, they are mostly of the kids, but I sneak into a few here and there. He mentioned there may be some pics that i didnt agree with but he set this up for my Mom so it shouldnt be a big deal. Its not. BUT, I immediately jumped online to find what he was talking about. and oh boy, did I find it. I was huge, and in a purple sweatshirt, standing in front of buffet, holding a plate, at my kids bday party. I had a Im gonna kill you if you take my picture look. My nose was as big as my entire face. (can you guys believe that my nose has lost weight? Its really half its size) anyway.....I hated the pic, but oh well.

Fast forward a few hours.... I get a picture text on my cell phone. Its the purple blob pic. He wrote something like: monja!monja! LOL Luv u hon!

Now, yes it hurt my feelings, but yes I know he loves me and was just trying to be funny. He doesnt see the emotional side of that picture so I dont blame him for making fun of me. Now if he said monja at me when I was at my heaviest, his bags would be on the sidewalk.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:58 AM   #434
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Toooooooooooo funny!!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 04:01 AM   #435
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustLoveDogs08 View Post
For instance, he just 5 minutes ago asked me if I wanted ice cream! I asked him what part of being on a diet don't you understand...his answer was..."well it's a "skinny cow"! For pity sake,
Kath
Ha ha!!! I have said that so many times---which part of I don't eat carbs do you not understand?
Old 02-07-2010, 04:04 AM   #436
Blabbermouth!!!

sorry for the restaurant troubles guys. I used to get nervous and embarrassed and not want to go out. I dont know when it changed but I have no regrets asking for my steak on a plate. I used to just leave the sides there, but now I dont even want them on my plate- what a waste. (family wont eat my leftover sides if I take them home) I just stopped caring what anyone thought. Im happy and healthy and thinner and Im better for it! To heck with everyone! Lets do whats best for us!!
Old 02-07-2010, 04:08 AM   #437
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
My nose was as big as my entire face. (can you guys believe that my nose has lost weight? Its really half its size) anyway.....I hated the pic, but oh well.
I nearly spewed my tea up reading that--you guys are too funny!! I can't believe your nose has lost weight!!!!!!! That is too funny!!!!!!
But yeah they have no clue-they def don't get the emotional side!!
Old 02-07-2010, 04:10 AM   #438
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Im happy and healthy and thinner and Im better for it! To heck with everyone! Lets do whats best for us!!
You're so right!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 04:32 AM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
Good morning! What a good start to my day! I managed to get my car stuck right at the edge of the driveway! I'm glad that it is not in the traffic!

I spent 30 minutes clearing the snow around it. The snow got hard and packed down overnight. I should have realized that the snow is more denser instead of fluffy like it was yesterday.

I'm waiting for the sun to come up a little bit more and maybe soften the snow a bit before I wear myself out again. The snow is completely packed underneath the engine block. I'm going into the shed to see if I can find a spade to jab into the snow since I don't have much clearance underneath the car.

As for your loved ones hurting your feelings. I understand how that feels. My ex-wife once told me that I am not as big as other men. Deep down, I know that she is trying to make me feel better about my weight, but those words still hurt.

-Dustin
Old 02-07-2010, 04:36 AM   #440
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Dustin!! Think of all the calories you'll have burned trying to clear the snow!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 05:03 AM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
Hmmm, I managed to get enough snow cleared underneath the car that I can see underneath. The engine block is completely jammed into the snow/ice bank. Underneath the car, there is a long pipe and one end of the pipe is hanging loose.... is that part of the muffler? I really hope that car is still drivable!!

I'm slowly chipping away at the ice underneath the engine block. It's amazing how ice can form underneath the snow. I'm taking a breather away from the work and wait a couple of hours. The sun is rising and it looks like it may be a pretty sunny day. If that sun can soften up the ice a bit, it should make it easier for me to finish clearing out underneath the engine block.

Dustin
Old 02-07-2010, 06:44 AM   #442
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I nearly spewed my tea up reading that--you guys are too funny!! I can't believe your nose has lost weight!!!!!!! That is too funny!!!!!!
But yeah they have no clue-they def don't get the emotional side!!
Im gonna post my before and after nose for ya... gonna be gone with the kids all day, but perhaps later over a glass of wine! your not gonna believe it until you see it!
Old 02-07-2010, 06:46 AM   #443
Blabbermouth!!!

Dustin its a good day to be stuck inside revving those crock pots up and drinking water! Sorry the car is stuck though..
Old 02-07-2010, 06:47 AM   #444
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a great day everyone!! BBL
Old 02-07-2010, 07:09 AM   #445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
My nose was as big as my entire face. (can you guys believe that my nose has lost weight? Its really half its size)
I can't believe you said that Al! MIne did the same thing. . Thought I was crazy but when I was pregnant, Mine looked bigger than my stomach. . and it was slightly red. . I looked and felt like Rudolph! I had forgotten all about that until you mentioned it. .We can never go back now, Rudy! Too many know too much about us now!! O My.. how fun to wake up to a good chuckle!
Old 02-07-2010, 07:13 AM   #446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dustin: Leave the car until spring! Get yourself a snow mobile and snow shoes! Don't you just hate winter, some days. I am thankful I don't live in a big city.. City driving is so much worse. . At least we can bounce off of snowbanks instead of cars!
Old 02-07-2010, 07:19 AM   #447
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Im gonna post my before and after nose for ya... gonna be gone with the kids all day, but perhaps later over a glass of wine! your not gonna believe it until you see it!
Oh can't wait!!!!!!! That is just too funny!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #448
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I can't believe you said that Al! MIne did the same thing. . Thought I was crazy but when I was pregnant, Mine looked bigger than my stomach. . and it was slightly red. . I looked and felt like Rudolph! I had forgotten all about that until you mentioned it. .We can never go back now, Rudy! Too many know too much about us now!! O My.. how fun to wake up to a good chuckle!
You guys are too funny!! I am actually looking in a mirror now to see if my nose has got thinner---I can't tell!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 07:23 AM   #449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

speaking of pictures. . .So I do have one picture of me as my former self that I carry around and pull out every so often to remind me that the nose is a large, the hair is too big (to make the nose look smaller), the chins are many and the face is so fake! Trying to force a smile when I really wasn't happy. . It does show through.. . Perhaps I'll get to the point where I will let someone take another picture. . I rarely and I mean rarely pose for a picture. The one time when I should have had nice pictures (My wedding), my photography regretted to inform me that his camera wasn't working properly. All my wedding pix are dark. We have the family picture that the church takes every 5 years and ever single time, I cry when I see them. I not only look fatter, I look older and it makes me sad!!! I'm hoping this time will be different. . scratch that.. I KNOW this time will be better! I may be a little older, but I'll be happier!! It does just really hit you in the face all at once! My awakening was: I can't totally control the aging process but I can feel better about myself . .Maybe then I can enjoy my well-earned wrinkles and grey hair!

Boy. .sorry about the little rant this morning. .I'm trying to convince myself that I will be good today..

as a footnote: Did anyone ever wear an outfit that they thought looked good and that they were convinced that it totally hid the fact that they were fat? I used to have several of those, which I wore one on vacation one year. Hubby took a picture of me and when we got them back. I almost died!!! I couldn't believe I actually looked pregnant and that I had been walking around all summer thinking I looked good. I used to (and still do) wear my clothes too big, I guess. . (what is up with the mirrors in our homes?. I look so much better at home than I do in my reflection in the store windows?) I have to start taking the show. .What not to wear" seriously. . fat rolls have never been cute in my book . . and the new muffin tops are even worse! I still refuse to wear my jeans that low and tight. Butt crack is Whack no matter how cute you think your butt is!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 02-07-2010 at 07:31 AM..
Old 02-07-2010, 07:32 AM   #450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You guys are too funny!! I am actually looking in a mirror now to see if my nose has got thinner---I can't tell!!!
GT: you must have one of those cute perky noses, then!
Closed Thread