Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 11:51 PM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
ok sorry me again!

I have questions about the refeed- if i ate a day of regular eating then next day do the stillman's again would i start to lose fast again? u know like tricking the body!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2010, 02:05 AM   #362
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
hey check it out!!!
<-------------------------------------------
It's a Hello Kitty body shaped water bottle! They sell them in japan
I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:06 AM   #363
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
Aaargh...TGIF indeed! To all my new Stillman's buddies out there, thank goodness for you. Such a wonderfully supportive group of people and not a mean one among you. Not always the case on other threads I've subscribed to for sure.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:08 AM   #364
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Today was rough, but I stuck it out for better or for worse. I'm having some major detox symptoms from eating so super healthy the last few days - headache, nausea, upset tummy, exhaustion etc. I'm not overly concerned however, since this is very typical for me whenever I really clean up my diet for a while. I always feel great the first 2-3 days and then it hits me like a bout of bad flu that lasts about 24 hours.

Green juice and green tea are both also very detoxifying for me and since I'm adding lots of water, "clean" meats and exercise, it's a sure-fire recipe for getting those toxins outta there. Hopefully the fat will get flushed out right alongside it!

So today I didn't eat much except for some protein powder "pudding", bland chicken breast and green tea. I also didn't work out because my head felt like it was going to explode for most of the day. At least I weighed in this morning at another 0.8lbs down which kept me from reaching for those soothing carbs

Hopefully the weekend will be easier for everyone.
Mmmm think they call it induction flu!!! But hey tou've been through it before!! Good job on the loss!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:09 AM   #365
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
hey check it out!!!
<-------------------------------------------
It's a Hello Kitty body shaped water bottle! They sell them in japan
Oh yeah- and look at the waist on that bottle!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:11 AM   #366
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
I AM UP 249 again, yesterday I had dinner with my in-laws- I only had the chicken thigh and some beef slices. ! I asked and they said no fats like butter or oil at all. but I don't know why I am up anyway we will see. I had fun at the dinner though, and it's not that big of an "up" still controllable I guess.

I also found a non- dairy creamer called "rich mix" it has 10 calories and 1 carb? is that okay?

I have quit cottage chesse totally ( I'm really not a big fan anywho)
Hey Nermo! Don't worry about being up--the scale always bounces around! Just keep up what you're doing and it'll be down in no time!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:20 AM   #367
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
ok sorry me again!

I have questions about the refeed- if i ate a day of regular eating then next day do the stillman's again would i start to lose fast again? u know like tricking the body!
Some people say to do that!!! (I think they mean healthy veggies tho not sweet goodies!) I'm not sure tho!! Danger no1 is that it'll last more than a day! I think maybe better would be to up your calories and fat for a day and then cut right back-kinda like what Al does! That would trick your body out of starvation mode(if your eating too little cals) but you wouldn't have the scale increase because of the water weight or then have to go through carb withdrawal again.
I say don't go near the carbs--it could be the slippery slope! But I probably think you don't need to trick your body, I think you're doing really well--20lbs is a lot! Maybe stay off the scale and don't weigh everyday-that way you'll avoid seeing it bouncing around!!.....now if I could only take my own advice!!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:28 AM   #368
Senior LCF Member

Thnx GT that's exactly what i am afraid of lasting ummmm maybe 1, 2, 3 4 days maybe weeks- lol u r right we know ourselves more and i know ME i will keep saying tomorrow -lol-

I will do that maybe up the fat in my beef then go down again. I know 20 pounds is a lot but don't u realize how Greedy we become lol. Give us a foot and we wanna yard. LOL I think tht's how the saying goes. In my case give me 20 and i want 100 lol.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:20 AM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I think I"m craving chicken wings? Or is it hot dogs? Meat. Meat. its all I think about any more. O M G!! I've gone mad!! Mad, I tell you!! Euugggggggggggggghhh Maybe I have the disease. . Mad Cow Disease!!! Al. . please don't leave your meat uncovered. I can't even think about. .. Uncovered? Days? Scary. .
LOL...too funny...
Old 02-06-2010, 03:22 AM   #370
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Aaargh...TGIF indeed! To all my new Stillman's buddies out there, thank goodness for you. Such a wonderfully supportive group of people and not a mean one among you. Not always the case on other threads I've subscribed to for sure.
Ditto...
Old 02-06-2010, 04:19 AM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Saturday!!! Thank goodness that week is over! What a long one. I'm feeling all renewed and sasssy this morning. . I may even weigh myself a little after I post! Not that it'll do much good considering I was kinda/sorta yucky yesterday. .Not too bad but not 100% good, either. . I'll work out extra hard today. O and yeah. apparently my Dr. called last week and I never got the message until last night! I doubt they are in today so I'll have to wait until Monday to get my test results (nail biting!!). I usually just get a post card when everything is OK. not a phone call. .I'm having mixed emotions. . Thyroid issues would explain a lot but I just want to be normal with no "Issues". . but then again, It would totally explain why I've been going crazy not being able to lose anything. I'm going to try to call the office after 9:00 to see if anyone is around. . My luck. they'll probably want me to go for a 8 hour glucose test! Errr. I had to endure one of those while I was pregnant - it was not fun!~! Diabetes does run in my family but I've always been lucky. I'm crossing my fingers that is not the case. I wonder how my no carb-all meat diet effected the test.. .interesting, very interesting. . Sorry.. I'm just thinking aloud!
Old 02-06-2010, 04:23 AM   #372
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
GOOOOOD MOOOOORRRRNNNIINNGGG!!

Nermo- GT gave you great advice! the scale bounced up and down all the time for me, and it always ended with down. (In fact, Im up 2 right now) How do you feel? Energy up? No upset tummy? Not hungry? If you feel good keep doing what youre doing. The refeed "may" trick your body and you "may" get results, but with the added carbs your appetite and cravings will come back and you'll end up having to start from Day 1 all over again. Look what paleo is going through - detox and induction flu. That will probably happen to you too and it could possibly throw you way of course. Isnt it great to be over that? I know its a monatonous plan, and the thought of a nice salad or nuts or apple sound great, but keep pressing on. QWL works. Almost too good. Your results are great and they will get even better.

nermo, I also have to add.... I dont think any of our active members here have done refeeds, (we all think about it, of course) but I could be wrong. I honestly have to say I really dont know for sure what would happen for you, but I will support you in your decision and be here for you coaching you on after the feed to get back on plan. Good Luck!

Paleo- Im so glad you're here and I love the idea of green juice and protein pudding. (Perhaps some day soon, I will be able to give them a try) I totally agree with you on the members of our group. I wouldnt be living life to the fullest if it wasnt for them. Hoping the flu doesnt last you much longer!!!

U GUYS!

msgirl- that is the coolest kitty bottle ever!!! Is that a 24" waist?? Love it! I want to shop in Japan. They have the most awesome stuff and style.

IM2 - what was the verdict for last night? I did in fact indulge in wine. Just one glass and hit the sack.

GT - Im sure you DO NOT need photo shop! I was falling in love with myself at 138. You need to start lovin yourself, girl!!

Hi Kathy!!!!!!!!!! arent ya glad Fridays over? Today will be an awesome day!!!

Alison - Were still here waiting for an update! HOw did the first day go? The most important part of Stillmans and sticking with it is checking in!! These ladies and Dusty are great inspiration!!
Old 02-06-2010, 04:25 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Saturday!!! Thank goodness that week is over! What a long one. I'm feeling all renewed and sasssy this morning. . I may even weigh myself a little after I post! Not that it'll do much good considering I was kinda/sorta yucky yesterday. .Not too bad but not 100% good, either. . I'll work out extra hard today. O and yeah. apparently my Dr. called last week and I never got the message until last night! I doubt they are in today so I'll have to wait until Monday to get my test results (nail biting!!). I usually just get a post card when everything is OK. not a phone call. .I'm having mixed emotions. . Thyroid issues would explain a lot but I just want to be normal with no "Issues". . but then again, It would totally explain why I've been going crazy not being able to lose anything. I'm going to try to call the office after 9:00 to see if anyone is around. . My luck. they'll probably want me to go for a 8 hour glucose test! Errr. I had to endure one of those while I was pregnant - it was not fun!~! Diabetes does run in my family but I've always been lucky. I'm crossing my fingers that is not the case. I wonder how my no carb-all meat diet effected the test.. .interesting, very interesting. . Sorry.. I'm just thinking aloud!
"Inquiring minds" want to know...

I'm having some "hormonal" issues and wonder if they could be in some way diet-related.

YAY...It's the weekend...I'm feeling charged up this morning...might go on a cleaning spree...
Kathy
Old 02-06-2010, 04:38 AM   #374
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Im biting my nails for your results too. I too am all to familiar witht the glucose test - torture. I happen to believe that your all meat diet is THE BEST thing you can do to control any sugar problems you might have and Im willing to bet you dont! I have read on other boards that numerous people have cured or I should say control their type 2 diabetes with a plan similar to ours. So dont worry about it. I really hope they checked your thyroid out real good.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:39 AM   #375
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustLoveDogs08 View Post
"Inquiring minds" want to know...

I'm having some "hormonal" issues and wonder if they could be in some way diet-related.

YAY...It's the weekend...I'm feeling charged up this morning...might go on a cleaning spree...
Kathy
Hey Kath! What kind of issues, or am I missing something here?
Old 02-06-2010, 04:59 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

hello to all,

Al- I am feeling great- I used to have some real problems with my stomach but since stillman's nothing- all the symptoms have gone especially the bloating- Thank God that's over.

I have decided to stick to plan and not do the refeed- I don't know how strong I would be to get back on track- I still haven't given up my trident that may be the stall- but it works wonders for me- It makes me feel like I am eating something sweet espec. the watermelon flavor - yummmmm.

I wanted to inquire about the beef roast- it did have some garlic cloves in it but I had about 6 thin slices and a thigh of chicken broiled in the oven but it was broiled with onions and the skin- I didn't eat either.

Anyway I also u guys - u make this journey so much easier for me.

Pal- I am sorry you are not well- it will pass- Keep up exactly what you are doing especially checking in-

Allison- hope your day went well. Plz do check in even if you didn't stay on track- there are no judgements here- we have all fallen off at one point in time- some more than others ! so there won't be any finger pointing I PROMISE !
Old 02-06-2010, 05:10 AM   #377
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I wanted to inquire about the beef roast- it did have some garlic cloves in it but I had about 6 thin slices and a thigh of chicken broiled in the oven but it was broiled with onions and the skin- I didn't eat either.
Totally fine! I dont usually eat the onions and garlic, but I use them when I cook! I also never gave up the gum... You are doing awesome! Next time have 6 thick slices! Its all good!
Old 02-06-2010, 05:44 AM   #378
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

In my case give me 20 and i want 100 lol.
I hear ya, Nermo!!! Be patient(says she!) and it will def happen for you!!! I have no doubts!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 05:46 AM   #379
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Im2! I'm crossing my fingers too--I really hope everything is ok. I'm sure it will be fine!
Old 02-06-2010, 05:50 AM   #380
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I happen to believe that your all meat diet is THE BEST thing you can do to control any sugar problems you might have and Im willing to bet you dont! I have read on other boards that numerous people have cured or I should say control their type 2 diabetes with a plan similar to ours. So dont worry about it.
Yeah I read that too!! Also diabetes runs in our family too so it was time to get my sugar down!!

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 02-06-2010 at 05:53 AM.. Reason: my typing and spelling gets worse!!
Old 02-06-2010, 05:53 AM   #381
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh yeah I've never done a planned refeed---just fallen off the wagon and then said oh yeah it's just like a refeed!! Hee!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 05:57 AM   #382
Big Yapper!!!!

I want a 24" waist!!!!!!! I loove the annoyed guy!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 08:15 AM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Just as I suspected. .the Dr. has to call me back on Monday. .O well. can't worry about nothing right now. .

I did not have a cocktail last night-went to bed to save my family from my grouchiness. decided I'll wait until Superbowl Sunday. . I bought chicken wings to grill to that will be my treat for the day! I actually want to cook them now. they look so good. No carbs according to the package!
Old 02-06-2010, 09:17 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
IM2 - I can only imagine the anticipation you are having!! I would hate not knowing the info! Please do let us know ASAP!

GT - I know isn't the Hello Kitty bottle the bomb! Yes it looks like a 24" waist!

My waist is not my problem - Mine is between 25-26 - that I am thankful for! But, my hips are uhhhhhh kind of bigger:blush: Like people who weigh what I weigh at my height could probably easily where a 4 down below. But, I have to have two sizes bigger for my hips than my waist!

AL - You did great - only 1 cocktail - I also read somewhere that those have hardly no carbs or cals!
Old 02-06-2010, 09:18 AM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Nermo - You have done so well!!!! Don't let the bounce up discourage you! I promise my scale will bounce up 2 or 3 pounds then I will drop that plus some! Down the water and wait til tomorrow! I love the way you have constantly been lowering your stats!
Old 02-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Kath - you are welcome to come clean my house if you are feeling like going on a cleaning spree! It is 12:00 here and I have yet to get anything done but clean up the kitchen! UGH! I just want to sit around and drink my water
Old 02-06-2010, 09:20 AM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Oh yeah - yesterday I downed right at 95 oz of water, 2 or 3 diet cokes, 2 or 3 coffees - I am back down a lb and only .4 from my stats!

Thank goodness Thursday night's meltdown didn't totally derail me!
Old 02-06-2010, 09:21 AM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

I am with Dustin - the water is the BEST way to flush the crap out of our systems!

I am gonna shoot for at least 100 oz today - I didn't quite make it with straight water but if you add all my liquids up then I am sure I would be over 100
Old 02-06-2010, 09:33 AM   #389
Senior LCF Member

hellooooooo,

7:30 pm here. I just had dinner lemon pepper chicken breasts, yummmmmmmmm yummmmmm did I mention yummmmmmmm!

So anyway I can't seem to lay off the scale- Sorry to be so graphic but I hadn't pooped for 3 days- finally went today- I just weighed myself 4 times each time 247.6 ????? I think my scale is broken- maybe I will buy me a new one!

Yeah I wish I could be good with my water but I definitly hardly get a bottle a day in- I know, I know shame on me- but I will try harder I promise.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

See Nermo - I knew your scale would go down again!

I am guessing if you add the at least 40-64 oz of water you will see more movement and not just with the scale
Closed Thread