Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #211
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
BB tomorrow!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
Finished off 5 waters!!! So, I had tons of liquid today if you count my diet drinks, waters, and my coffee. Gonna finish the night with some Candy Cane Lane hot tea!
OMG. how funny, MS! I just discovered the Candy Cane Lane Tea yesterday. . I drank several cups throughout the day. .Today I tried the Cammomile and didn't care for it as much! I'm thinking about trying the lemon zinger tomorrow! I'm trying it to cut back on my coffee intake. . plus is stalls the appetite!
Old 01-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Looking at some of these menus, I wonder if I eat way too much.... I had 2 pork chops for lunch, 2 legs, wings, thighs of 3lb. chicken (no skin) and 2 cups of beef with broth for after supper dinner.....

no wonder I'm only losing 2 pounds a week...........
AL: you have had wonderful results and been a great inspiration. .After yesterday's results (for me). .I'm beginning to wonder if I'm eating enough. . I would keep on doing what you are doing. .You've really lost consistently and I am sure you look great. . You are almost ready for maintenance.. does that scare you a bit? You have such a positive attitude, I am sure you will do wonderfully.. .just don't leave us too soon. .we need you!

O. .and count me in for the liquid challenge!.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:16 AM   #214
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs Nadal
Stats: 235/227/150
WOE: Stillmans/Carb cycling
Start Date: January 2010
Have decided to be more structured with my exercise, because I am a bit of a slow loser, so will be weight training 3 times a week and doing pilates. My spinning bike has broken (damn Johnny G), so will be doing some tae-bo as well.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:19 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Day 2 Stillman's Feeling UGH!!!

Ok, this is my second day on stillman, i feel a little lightheaded and kinda nautious is this the Norm? I hope it passes soon because i really wanna do make it this time. I am 272 and wanna get down at least 60- 70 pounds by march 28th (my bday) is that possible?
Old 01-07-2010, 03:33 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: azura
Stats: 252/234/160
WOE: Very Low Carb
Start Date: 16th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
azura - how are you feeling?? whats the menu like?? how many days is it for you??
Hey
It's my 4th day today. Up until yesterday I had only lost half a pound. I was keeping to about 600 cals and doing it by the book. Yesterday I got fed up and went high fat and added a salad (about 1200 cals) and today I'm down 2 more pounds. What's that all about?

So, I figure I'm going to keep to Stillmans most of the time and then, once or twice a week, shake things up a bit by adding fat. Maybe my body needs the change once in a while. Hope I can still come to this thread though. I need all the support I can get on my Stillmans days.

Everyone seems to be doing so well. There's so much motivation.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:53 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
Good Morning!

I just had a can of tuna packed in water! I forgot to fire up the crockpot and cook those chicken pieces last night. I took a nap and got up at 1:00am. Too late to start making those chicken breasts. I watched some TV until I fell asleep again.

Tuna does not taste that bad after almost 2 weeks of not eating tuna. I bought 5 cans of Tuna with me to work and I plan to munch on tuna throughout the day to get my body back on QWL. Then tonight, its time to fire up the crockpot!

Wish me luck!

-Dustin
Old 01-07-2010, 06:21 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 164/147.6/145 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Stillman's again
Start Date: This time around...October 6, 2014
Good morning all!!!

Hope everyone is feeling great today!

Well, the nausea finally subsided late last night. But, bad news....I am up a pound! Not gonna sweat it though cause I think it's water. Yesterday's menu didn't come close to 1000 calories and I know it takes 3500 cals to add a pound!

I am still keeping the goal of 135 by Saturday. We shall see!

I am in on the water challenge!!! I finished off 6 yesterday...but went to the bathroom a lot in the nighttime!

I brought two with me to work. I hope to finish them by noon! Then I am going home and will get two more.

Gonna flush this body out!!!

Dustin - you are right tuna isn't so bad after you have not had it in a while

Azura - that's great about your loss! I believe we do have to keep our body guessing. I don't go more than 9 days on strict Stillmans. I usually have a refeed or add a salad, etc. My loss has been a little slower than others but I am satisfied and I am so close to goal that it slows me down anyway.

TeaLady, AL, IM2 - Better start your engines...this girl is gonna push the water today!!!

MrsNadal - I wish I was motivated enough to exercise. Maybe I just burnt myself out last year when I was doing it so much. Maybe I should start slow with some Yoga or something. I just don't know!

I will check in with you all later!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:25 AM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cat430
Stats: 5'3 160/138/110
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Wow three pages to read through...how awesome. There was so much inspiration I had to read every single one twice.

TeaLady - We do Stillman's the exact same way. I seem to find comfort in a tiny bit of butter and a small amount of cheese.

I ate some chicken in chicken broth, 2 S/F Jell-O's, Colby-Jack cheese, 2 scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, deli beef torn up in beef broth. I had 1 liter of water and at least that much in coffee and a diet Mtn Dew. Need to get rid of my caffeine addiction. Again I was starving but this is Day 4 so I should be better today.

I am actually up 2 whole ounces, not a lot but GRRRR....I was enjoying the down.

Hope everyone has a great day!

136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120 119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 110 Goal
Old 01-07-2010, 06:34 AM   #220
Blabbermouth!!!

GOOOOOOD MORNING!!!!!!

Already finished 1 bottle of h2o and Im on to #2. try to keep up people!!!! glug glug glug...
Old 01-07-2010, 06:41 AM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
AL: you have had wonderful results and been a great inspiration. .After yesterday's results (for me). .I'm beginning to wonder if I'm eating enough. . I would keep on doing what you are doing. .You've really lost consistently and I am sure you look great. . You are almost ready for maintenance.. does that scare you a bit? You have such a positive attitude, I am sure you will do wonderfully.. .just don't leave us too soon. .we need you!

O. .and count me in for the liquid challenge!.
Thanks IM2!! I'm still worried about maintenance and I dont plan to leave the boards. Maybe thats why I keep sabotaging my goal with bacon! A while ago, I thought I would slowly add the veggies back in first, but after some more thought, I'll probably start with dairy/cheese/eggs. I dont have much desire to even eat fruit or veggies anymore... totally satisfied with my meats!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:15 AM   #222
Blabbermouth!!!

Mrs Nadal - Pilates and Billy??? Billy tried to kill me once. I already feel tired just thinking about the exercise I want to do!

Hi nermo - the nausea is indeed normal. Keep eating and go to bed early! One more day and you'll be golden. I sure hope you make your 60 pound goal. You will definitely shed 25-30 by the end of the month!!! Stick with it and you will have great results!

azura - please stay! Lots of people follow Stillmans for a few days and then refeed witrh great success!!

Hey Dustin - I love me some tuna in those easy little packages.. or big packages, mine are almost 8 oz...

msgirl - glad you're feeling better!!!! and forget about that stinkin pound! You are gonna see the numbers you want by weeks end!!!!

Hi Cat! Menu looks great! Im sure the whoosh is coming... get ready for it!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:19 AM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG. .this has to be a big huge fat joke!! I can't believe it. . I'm sitting here, after drinking 2 huge 32 oz water jugs, a cup of coffee and sipping my tea.. . There was a water main break down the road and they are shutting the water off in my building effective immediately. .I have to sit her for 3 to 4 hours before it comes back on.. .you do realize what this means, don't you. . I'm gonna pee my pants! Uggg.. Whatever, whatever!! Someone doesn't want me to lose this weight, I can just tell. .I am so gonna die!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:32 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TeaLady
Stats: 164/159/135
Start Date: January 4, 2010
It's Thursday morning 12/7/10 and I am a TOTAL LOSER !!!!!!!!!!

2 more pounds gone on the scale this morning !!!!!!!!!! This is why I love this Stillman diet. The pounds slide off my body FAST !!!!!!!!!!! That is a 4 pound loss in 3 days !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm feeling slightly weak today so I may have to eat a cup of green beans to slow down the ketosis but I'm holding out for a few hours before doing that. I've found over the years that if I feel totally weak on this diet that just a few good carbs (lettuce, green beans, green pepper, celery) will take that weak feeling away and I still lose.

I want to thank you all for your postings now and in the past. I've been on here reading like a librarian and I find that it keeps me out of the pantry. Every time my brain says "there's chocolate chips in the pantry" it is followed by the thought of "yes, but that will not accomplish my goal...keep reading and visiting with these ladies (and Dustin ) So Thank you, thank you, thank you....a million thank you's for being here. This time I know I can get this blubber off my body with all of you here each day.

The Tea Lady
Old 01-07-2010, 07:36 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no...I am behind!!! I am just now still nursing my coffee. Haven't started my water yet! AL - you are ahead!!!

IM2 - Oh my GOODNESS!!! Just thinking about not getting to go potty after that water is making me want to go!!!

WOW TeaLady - Congrats on the loss!!! how much is that since you started on Monday?

Azura - You could do a refeed like I am or add in the small cheese, like Cat and TeaLady!

AL - I too am a little worried about maintenance. I wish someone who is there could give us a little pointer. Maybe you will make way before me and we can count on you to give us some pointers!!! You are the WOMAN

I am love, love, loving this activity on our thread!!! I was getting worried towards the end of December! I was getting scared that everyone would be dropping out! I need the stimulation of others doing this plan with me!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:37 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

oOPs I just read your last post TeaLady. I can be ditzy at times! Sorry!!

4lbs in 3 days is great!!! You are right that is the most awesome thing about Stillmans the fat just falls off!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:39 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Al - (and all) There are over 350 varieties of stevia. The truvia brand of stevia is the sweetest of them all. I've tried various kinds of stevia in the past few years and just could not convert until Truvia was introduced and Yummmmmmmm.....it's the sweet leaf. I saw the lady that owns the company on Oprah (I think it was Oprah) on day last summer and she was telling about all the different varieties of stevia and how she went on a quest to find the sweetest variety and she did it. Whahoo for the women !!!!!!! So if you haven't tried the Truvia brand of stevia you probably have a bitter leaf in your mouth. Truvia was just introduced in the US this past summer and it is not in all stores but oddly enough our Wal-Mart carries it and I'm a total convert. When I get off this Stillman diet in a couple of months I would like to try to convert some of my recipies to Truvia and see how they taste but no baking yet........I've got some serious pounds to shed before doing that.

The Tea Lady
Old 01-07-2010, 07:39 AM   #228
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OMG. .this has to be a big huge fat joke!! I can't believe it. . I'm sitting here, after drinking 2 huge 32 oz water jugs, a cup of coffee and sipping my tea.. . There was a water main break down the road and they are shutting the water off in my building effective immediately. .I have to sit her for 3 to 4 hours before it comes back on.. .you do realize what this means, don't you. . I'm gonna pee my pants! Uggg.. Whatever, whatever!! Someone doesn't want me to lose this weight, I can just tell. .I am so gonna die!

OH NO WAY!!!!! THAT IS REALLLY BAD LUCK!!!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:46 AM   #229
Blabbermouth!!!

Tealady!!! 4 pounds in 3 days is fantastic!!!! Thanks for the truvia/stevia update. I did get mine at walmart but cant remember the brand.

msgirl - I totally agree! its so great to have new faces, new stories, and inspiring results!! We're all in this together!! About maintaining... I may have to try the refeed day. 6 days stillman 1 day Atkins induction? See what happens, then do 2 days refeed..... who knows... hopefully it'll all even out. Can you tell I have no idea what Im going to do?

Off to drink another water and take some vitamin c!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 01-07-2010 at 07:51 AM..
Old 01-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Nermo Nausia means you are headed for ketosis. It will go away soon...usually in a few hours. If you are at home go to bed and just let it pass in your sleep. Remember to eat often during these first few days - don't be starved (that can cause nausia too). Tell us what you ate yesterday and we can tell you if you need to do anything differents to adjust for the nausia.

Azura My 4th day today too !! I find Stillman is more satisfying and works better for me with a small amount of fat, hince butter to cook eggs, 1 slice of bacon 2-3 times a week, small amounts of cheese, and 2 develed eggs a few times a week made with a small amount of mayo. It works for me.

Dustin Happy Tuna Day !!!!

The Tea Lady
Old 01-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm already doing the potty dance! How cruel...as soon as it comes back on. I'll up your water and double your coffee. . I'm so going to float away tonight..

Dustin! I thought everyone was crazy on previous posts when they said they ate mustard on their tuna. .I was finally brave enough to try it a few weeks ago. .It is awesome! I love it. .if you haven't, try it!!! Really gives it a boost
Old 01-07-2010, 08:19 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Mrs N - You still sounds down. What's going on ??? Spill ! What age are you ?? Is there a problem at home?? Can we help by allowing you to vent ??

Cat430 - Whahoo to the butter and cheese. It keeps me in the game, glad you confirmed it's power. Maybe that will help others too. Congrats You are 20 pounds down from your start. Way to go

Msgirl - hang in there. That pound will go bye-bye soon. Don't cave. And I'm here for at least 2 more months on a daily basis so we can certainly cheer each other on.

IM2 - You crack me up LOL. Cross your legs and hold it girl

The Tea Lady
Old 01-07-2010, 08:19 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

I'm at 3 waters and counting

The Tea Lady
Old 01-07-2010, 08:20 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cat430
Stats: 5'3 160/138/110
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Had to pop in again, I miss so much if I don't. Which is so great

I just finished my morning mile and now I am 1/2 way done with my first liter of water with CL of course.

TeaLady - I have been stuck on Splenda for so long I think it is time for a change so maybe Truvia is in my future. I made a hamburger pie for dinner and was picking the meat out of the bottom half, pathetic I know but it looked so good.

AL & ms girl - I am worried about maintenance which is really hard for me because if I let a little in then I end up caving until its all back. Not a good plan. I think it will be a salad with dinner that I can enjoy with my family, good for them and good for me. Dressing...now there is another story.

nermo - today is Day 4 and the yucky has left the building don't give up it will pass.

Mrs Nadal - I love to exercise and usually do Jillian Michaels or Turbo Jam I love them both. I will probably start next week once my body finally realizes this is it and no more carbs are coming

Dustin - Tuna is the only fish I eat, but only with mayo and bread. I try it several times but I just can't seem to get it down.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:37 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Hey you guys....Give yourself a big PAT ON THE BACK for being so positive and inspirational. What is happening on this board truly honors the golden rule ~ To do unto others as you would like done unto you -

By encouraging each other we help ourselves. You are all a great bunch of people. I applaud you.

The Tea Lady
Old 01-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

A thought about maintenance - When I get all the weight off I plan to go on Weight Watchers. I love their point system but I'm Wayyyyyyyyyyy too impatient to do their points and only lose a pound a week. The thought of being that good for 30-40 weeks really boggs me down. On the point system with WW you can have any food but you have to count the points. On maintence I will be able to have something like 30 points a day which is what I desire to have. So I think that is going to be my plan when I get there. I won't go to the WW meetings. I did that years ago and have all their tools to work the maintenance plan at home.

Another idea is to do the new Nutra-System food plan as maintenance. Something that has structured foods that keep you on track. Has anyone tried their new food selections. I tried them about 4 years ago and didn't like the food but they are advertising all new foods so I wonder if the food is better now. As I get close to goal I thought I might order a box and see if I like the food. It would be a great "grab it and go to work" plan for me if I like the taste of the food. But.....life is too short to eat crappy tasting food so it had better be tasty.

The Tea Lady (working on her 4th big 12 oz glass on water)
Old 01-07-2010, 08:56 AM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mork
TeaLady- hi! Thats what I would like to do to. Get on WW when I hit goal! It would be the perfect case scenerio for me! But I can't stand to lose one pound a week! Although right now I can't stay on Stillmans either. My heart isn't in it! Feeling like a loser!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:18 AM   #238
Blabbermouth!!!

and the Tea Lady is in the lead! We will all be water-logged by the end of the day!!!! and hopefully down a pound too!!!! Poor IM2...I would go anyway...and flush later!

Cat - Nice job with the mile!!! Im hoping to walk away the pounds when I get home tonight!!!! Its only 30 minutes - should be a good start!

Hi Mork! Sorry you're having a tough time. I want you to know it will get better. It took me a few tries before I finally stuck with it. Once I did, I felt like a new woman! Get past this week and the time will fly. You'll be at goal in no time!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
Just had my second can of tuna! Lunch time is almost here so I'll be ready to crack open my third can.

Feeling a tad nauseous, but it passes in a few minutes after I finish eating.

Mork, hang in there. I felt like crap for about 5 days and then bamo, I start feeling more energy and feeling better. I even went to bed early such as 6:00pm just to sleep it off!

-Dustin
Old 01-07-2010, 09:28 AM   #240
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat430 View Post
AL & ms girl - I am worried about maintenance which is really hard for me because if I let a little in then I end up caving until its all back. Not a good plan. I think it will be a salad with dinner that I can enjoy with my family, good for them and good for me. Dressing...now there is another story.
Yeah. I know what you mean, CAT. Been there so many times. I had to eliminate everything in order to get control back.

Now, I love eating this way. I have to admit Im surprised that Ive lasted 6 months and Im still alive. I really wouldve expected some bad things to happen without fruit and veggies. Who knows, maybe we dont need em!
Closed Thread